Discuss Scratch

Mole_Gaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

Skycoon Collaborative Project - Multiplayer Tycoon Game - Now Hiring Advertisers!

AiyanMind wrote:

I wanted some sort of coder position.

In my opinion, we could definitely use you. You seem to be great with algorithms and formulas, which might be a bit complicated for this, but that probably means you're advanced in the other aspects of scripting, too.

I'd say replace an inactive member with him or something. He would be a great member, but I wouldn't want to replace contributing members with anyone, including me.

Last edited by Mole_Gaming (Jan. 22, 2017 20:59:35)

am can program above good
AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

Skycoon Collaborative Project - Multiplayer Tycoon Game - Now Hiring Advertisers!

Mole_Gaming wrote:

AiyanMind wrote:

In my opinion, we could definitely use you. You seem to be great with algorithms and formulas, which might be a bit complicated for this, but that probably means you're advanced in the other aspects of scripting, too.

I'd say replace an inactive member with him or something. He would be a great member, but I wouldn't want to replace contributing members with anyone, including me.
I don't want someone to get upset. If someone is constantly inactive and/or willing to leave, I'd gladly accept their place!

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Mole_Gaming wrote:

-Collab- wrote:

So basically you can't work on it until this gets fixed? If that is the case then just chill and as soon as the cloud is fixed, then work at your own pace!

I can work on it, but it won't be able to be tested properly.

Okay, well, it is up to you, there is no deadline (at least not anytime soon), so you can take your time!

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

AiyanMind wrote:

Mole_Gaming wrote:

AiyanMind wrote:

I don't want someone to get upset. If someone is constantly inactive and/or willing to leave, I'd gladly accept their place!

Well, you're in luck! One of our coders just resigned, so there is a free slot! Do you want in?

AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Collab- wrote:

AiyanMind wrote:

Mole_Gaming wrote:

AiyanMind wrote:

Well, you're in luck! One of our coders just resigned, so there is a free slot! Do you want in?
Yes! I would love to!

AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

I tried the game and I have a few questions:

1. Can you get more balloon-crafts?
2. Can you control the balloon-craft?

Suggestions for everyone (including me):

1. Better graphics
2. Have a UI instead of needing to type in building codes to build something
3. More… ?

An issue:

1. It will be hard for people to make modifications to the game because the code can be hard to understand for others (especially more inexperienced coders). I have trouble as well.

Lastly:

I would like you to start on new scripts for the main menu. Do not do any sub menus yet, just something like the menu that appears when you first start the original project. I want each of you make your own scripts, and I will choose whose scripts are used. Whoever's scripts I use will be tasked with making menus and only menus.

Do you want me to do this? Or do you have another assignment?

Last edited by AiyanMind (Jan. 23, 2017 02:26:26)

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

AiyanMind wrote:

-Collab- wrote:

AiyanMind wrote:

Mole_Gaming wrote:

AiyanMind wrote:

Yes! I would love to!

Alright, adding you now!

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

AiyanMind wrote:

I tried the game and I have a few questions:

1. Can you get more balloon-crafts?
2. Can you control the balloon-craft?

Suggestions for everyone (including me):

1. Better graphics
2. Have a UI instead of needing to type in building codes to build something
3. More… ?

An issue:

1. It will be hard for people to make modifications to the game because the code can be hard to understand for others (especially more inexperienced coders). I have trouble as well.

Lastly:

I would like you to start on new scripts for the main menu. Do not do any sub menus yet, just something like the menu that appears when you first start the original project. I want each of you make your own scripts, and I will choose whose scripts are used. Whoever's scripts I use will be tasked with making menus and only menus.

Do you want me to do this? Or do you have another assignment?

Sure, we can make more craft. I was planning on having three kinds of ships: Solid Cargo, Liquid Cargo (Oil Tankers and the like), and Passenger. There will be 5 levels of each ship, so 15 different ships total.

I wasn't hoping to make it where you can pilot the ships, because the game is a tycoon game, where you build a bustling port, not pilot ships across the globe. You will, however, be able to control departure.

As for assignments, yes, please do what is said on the main post. If it says it is not for you, it is because I haven't updated the board yet, which will now be changed!

Last edited by -Collab- (Jan. 23, 2017 14:13:33)

AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

I just whipped this up quickly. Hope its not too bad . I created everything, so don't worry about copyright, etc. lol

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/141385012/

Last edited by AiyanMind (Jan. 23, 2017 17:42:37)

AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

Also can I be curator of the studio? Thanks

TheSuperiorNootNoot
Scratcher
31 posts

Here is the project, however, with the Biome thing, it seems I have bitten off more than I can chew. I do not fully understand how the game chooses where to place the docks, therefore I cannot make them change their appearance.

(I placed an ad in the description of the game for this studio)

Last edited by TheSuperiorNootNoot (Jan. 23, 2017 20:24:34)

La meilleure vengeance est le succès maître
Translated to
The best revenge is master success
hedgehog_blue
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheSuperiorNootNoot wrote:

Here is the project, however, with the Biome thing, it seems I have bitten off more than I can chew. I do not fully understand how the game chooses where to place the docks, therefore I cannot make them change their appearance.

You said that you put an ad in your remix for the studio, but I think you might want to put an ad for this topic because everyone signed up here.

TheSuperiorNootNoot
Scratcher
31 posts

hedgehog_blue wrote:

You said that you put an ad in your remix for the studio, but I think you might want to put an ad for this topic because everyone signed up here.

I did do that already.

Translated to
AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

AiyanMind wrote:

I just whipped this up quickly. Hope its not too bad . I created everything, so don't worry about copyright, etc. lol

AiyanMind wrote:

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

AiyanMind wrote:

AiyanMind wrote:

AiyanMind wrote:

Okay, cool, check it out in just a minute! Also, I thought I invited you already? Oh well, must've forgotten or gotten distracted or something! I'll invite you now!

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

hedgehog_blue wrote:

I did do that already.

Okay, good, but in the future, I need you to do what the assignments say. Could you please make the menu script now?

TheSuperiorNootNoot
Scratcher
31 posts

-Collab- wrote:

hedgehog_blue wrote:

I did do that already.

Okay, good, but in the future, I need you to do what the assignments say. Could you please make the menu script now?

(this is getting long) What kind of options would you like to have in there? Like chances of the pirates coming, how much the pirates take, etc.

Translated to
hedgehog_blue
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hedgehog_blue wrote:

I did do that already.
Sorry, I was saying that instead of having your ad be for the studio, it should be for the topic, because you said at the bottom your post about your remix that you created an ad for our studio.
I never said that you didn't do something that you did do already.

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Collab- wrote:

hedgehog_blue wrote:

I did do that already.

(this is getting long) What kind of options would you like to have in there? Like chances of the pirates coming, how much the pirates take, etc.

Can you PLEASE make the menu?! Just try and make it like the menu for the original project, and see if you can outdo the other 2 people who have made menus. DO NOT do any biomes or pirates yet.

TheSuperiorNootNoot
Scratcher
31 posts

I could just “copy & paste” the code once we need it. I will start on the menu.

Translated to