Discuss Scratch

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Skycoon Collaborative Project - Multiplayer Tycoon Game - Now Hiring Advertisers!

Mole_Gaming wrote:

I'm gonna have to back out of this collab.

I guess I mostly don't have the motivation anymore, which is also why I'm moving away from Scratch in general, even though I never really made a full-blown project in the first place.

If it means anything, my ideas for the community shop are relatively easy to make. My advice is to not worry about the cloud stuff, because it doesn't really matter if you have a working cloud list. Just worry about how information for each item will be stored in a list or lists.

I wish I could leave you with a working prototype but I'm afraid my methods are sometimes very mathematical and hard to understand because of that. I could try if you wanted, but like I said the most important part is how the lists are formatted.

I guess I could leave you with how it would work;
4 lists; one for the item id, one for the seller's id, one for quantity, and one for price.
Once the player buys it, you can use the seller's id to give them the money no matter if they're online or offline.

Actually, that's basically it. Like I said the format is key, and that is exactly what that is.

Good luck to you all, I will be staying around a bit longer to answer further questions.

Okay, thanks. I'm glad you were a part of this, and I'm sad to see you go, but ultimately, that's your decision. You don't have to make a prototype if you don't want to, it's up to you.

Mole_Gaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

Skycoon Collaborative Project - Multiplayer Tycoon Game - Now Hiring Advertisers!

If I was to stay on Scratch I would no doubt stay here. It's more that Scratch doesn't run fast enough for me to make the quality projects I want to, so I'm learning how to use swing in java instead.

am can program above good
Mole_Gaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

Here it is

The project consists of custom blocks you can use to buy and sell items from the shop (mainly the buy and sell ones)

Features:
-Automatic player inventory and money loading on start
-Automatic creation of player if save data does not exist
-Saving and loading inventory and money
-Saving and loading shop
-Buying from and selling to the shop
-Tests to see if you have enough money when buying
-Tests to see if you have enough of the item you're selling
-Inventory supports one trillion different items (including item 0)
-Inventory supports up to 999,999,999 of each item

Does not include:
-Cloud loading (however, in a comment there's a list of lists you need to make cloud, then it will work with cloud)
-Rendering

Please tell me if you come across any bugs!

Last edited by Mole_Gaming (March 2, 2017 18:19:58)

Mole_Gaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

Update: I have added remote adding and removing shop items for testing purposes

Last edited by Mole_Gaming (March 2, 2017 22:36:23)

hedgehog_blue
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mole_Gaming wrote:

On second thought I don't want to burden AiyanMind with all the programming, so I'll make at least a prototype
You know, he doesn't have to do all the programming. We have some other coders too. I'm able work on cloud , because I'm making 3 projects with it right now. Thanks for telling me how it will work, though, I'm now making a project for the market thing. Sorry that you're going :(

Mole_Gaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

hedgehog_blue wrote:

Thanks for telling me how it will work, though, I'm now making a project for the market thing.
I already made a prototype if you want to base it off that
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/148003040/

hedgehog_blue
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mole_Gaming wrote:

hedgehog_blue wrote:

Thanks for telling me how it will work, though, I'm now making a project for the market thing.
I already made a prototype if you want to base it off that
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/148003040/
I like how it's organized. It's also nice that you made all the blocks so all the coders know how to work with them :) Also, I'm still sad that you're leaving the collaboration :( You've done a lot for it, but that's you're decision to leave.

Mole_Gaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yeah, engines seem to be my specialty. I like them because its an excuse for me to not actually finish the project

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump

AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

Who will be working on the actual game with me?

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

AiyanMind wrote:

@Flazoid is our Gamplay Artist, so he'll be making art for your scripts.

hedgehog_blue
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Collab- wrote:

AiyanMind wrote:

wAiT… So I was fired then?

I guess I wasn't really active anyways and I don't really want to do this that much anymore.

Dvd00
Scratcher
13 posts

I'm going to have to retire from this collab. There is a lot of other stuff going on atm. I wish you all the best of luck
Mole_Gaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

Okay, since it seems coders are dropping left and right, I feel bad about quitting.

I didn't want to leave you guys hanging, so I'm not going to.

I can work on anything you want me to, just be warned that my art sucks.

hedgehog_blue
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mole_Gaming wrote:

Okay, since it seems coders are dropping left and right, I feel bad about quitting.

I didn't want to leave you guys hanging, so I'm not going to.

I can work on anything you want me to, just be warned that my art sucks.
Yay! :)

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

hedgehog_blue wrote:

-Collab- wrote:

AiyanMind wrote:

I guess I wasn't really active anyways and I don't really want to do this that much anymore.

No, I think you're Menu Artist. I know you aren't fired.

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm really sorry, but I have to leave. I've been too busy and haven't been able to make time for Scratch lately. @AiyanMind is the new manager. I will still stick around for a little while (probably the rest of today, 3/12/17) to answer questions and help facilitate the transfer of power. @AiyanMind, you may want to make another topic, so you can edit the OP. Again, I'm really sorry, and I wish I could have stayed, but I wasn't really doing anything good for the collab. I hope this will continue to keep moving forward, so that this game may still be made.

hedgehog_blue
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Collab- wrote:

I'm really sorry, but I have to leave. I've been too busy and haven't been able to make time for Scratch lately. @AiyanMind is the new manager. I will still stick around for a little while (probably the rest of today, 3/12/17) to answer questions and help facilitate the transfer of power. @AiyanMind, you may want to make another topic, so you can edit the OP. Again, I'm really sorry, and I wish I could have stayed, but I wasn't really doing anything good for the collab. I hope this will continue to keep moving forward, so that this game may still be made.
This collab is falling apart…

hedgehog_blue
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Collab- wrote:

hedgehog_blue wrote:

-Collab- wrote:

AiyanMind wrote:

No, I think you're Menu Artist. I know you aren't fired.
Menu artist… don't like it…. AiyanMind already made the art for the menu. I'm not doing anything, so I might be leaving…

AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

Looks like nothing's getting done and everyone is leaving. Looks like I'm gonna resign from my position and let -Collab- decide who is manager. Thank you everyone for the great collaboration and community and I hope you become successful.