Discuss Scratch

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Skycoon Collaborative Project - Multiplayer Tycoon Game - Now Hiring Advertisers!

Another bump.
Edit: Yay! 10th page!

Last edited by -Collab- (Feb. 24, 2017 15:48:08)

AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

Skycoon Collaborative Project - Multiplayer Tycoon Game - Now Hiring Advertisers!

I will try to grab this
-Rest of Coding Department-

It's time to get working on actual gameplay! I need each of you to create a script that will render the board and enable building placement (Do not worry about building costs, we will add that later). This is another contest thingy to determine who is best fit for the position up for grabs. These will continue until every coder has a specific aspect of the game they are working on. Please do this ASAP!!! I am not seeing any projects and this assignment has been here for a while now.

AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can we make it isometric?

AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nevermind, here. I'm done: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/147027462/

AiyanTasker
Scratcher
12 posts

SMOOTH TERRAIN GENERATOR
> Vector based tiles, infinite resizing
> Randomly placed trees
> Hover box where you can place
> Placeable buildings (click)
> Clones converted into stamps, so 0 clones after generation

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/147038557/

Last edited by AiyanTasker (Feb. 24, 2017 18:12:59)

EpicDude1001
Scratcher
96 posts

-Collab- wrote:

I updated the OP with an assignment for you.

OP?

1+1=2+2=4+4=8+8=16+16=32…+1024=2048
-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

EpicDude1001 wrote:

-Collab- wrote:

I updated the OP with an assignment for you.

OP?

Original Post. Go to assignments on the first post in the topic and you will find an assignment for you.

AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

We are having steady progress

Last edited by AiyanMind (Feb. 25, 2017 13:02:32)

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

AiyanMind wrote:

That gives me some peace!

AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Collab- wrote:

AiyanMind wrote:

That gives me some peace!

TheSuperiorNootNoot
Scratcher
31 posts

Bump!

La meilleure vengeance est le succès maître
Translated to
The best revenge is master success
-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

ATTENTION!!!
All voting has now ended! The results are:
@AiyanMind: Assistant Manager, TSACF Representative

AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

Thank you, everyone, who voted for me!
Now the questions: what are my responsibilities, what am I in charge of, what do I work on, etc.

hedgehog_blue
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Collab- wrote:

ATTENTION!!!
What is TSACF?

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

hedgehog_blue wrote:

-Collab- wrote:

ATTENTION!!!
What is TSACF?

TSACF stands for The Shop And Collaboration Federation. I will post a link on the OP.

-Collab-
Scratcher
100+ posts

AiyanMind wrote:

Now the questions: what are my responsibilities, what am I in charge of, what do I work on, etc.

For Assistant Manager, you basically do what I do, except you have certain rules that you have to obey that I don't. Basically, that means you can't make exceptions to firing people. I'll think of more if something comes up.

As far as representative goes, I honestly have no idea. I'll ask the guys at The Shop And Collaboration Federation about that.

You also retain all your other positions, but from now on, you aren't allowed to take up another position unless you drop one.

Anyways, congrats on your election! I look forward to seeing what you do!

hedgehog_blue
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Collab- wrote:

AiyanMind wrote:

For Assistant Manager, you basically do what I do, except you have certain rules that you have to obey that I don't. Basically, that means you can't make exceptions to firing people. I'll think of more if something comes up.

As far as representative goes, I honestly have no idea. I'll ask the guys at The Shop And Collaboration Federation about that.

You also retain all your other positions, but from now on, you aren't allowed to take up another position unless you drop one.

Anyways, congrats on your election! I look forward to seeing what you do!
Is limited positions for balancing the work? Because each position has very different amounts of work required. And when you drop a position, all your old work is still there. Somebody could drop all their positions but their work for them is still there. I'm sort of thinking the organization here is too extreme. :(

Mole_Gaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm gonna have to back out of this collab.

I guess I mostly don't have the motivation anymore, which is also why I'm moving away from Scratch in general, even though I never really made a full-blown project in the first place.

If it means anything, my ideas for the community shop are relatively easy to make. My advice is to not worry about the cloud stuff, because it doesn't really matter if you have a working cloud list. Just worry about how information for each item will be stored in a list or lists.

I wish I could leave you with a working prototype but I'm afraid my methods are sometimes very mathematical and hard to understand because of that. I could try if you wanted, but like I said the most important part is how the lists are formatted.

I guess I could leave you with how it would work;
4 lists; one for the item id, one for the seller's id, one for quantity, and one for price.
Once the player buys it, you can use the seller's id to give them the money no matter if they're online or offline.

Actually, that's basically it. Like I said the format is key, and that is exactly what that is.

Good luck to you all, I will be staying around a bit longer to answer further questions.

am can program above good
Mole_Gaming
Scratcher
100+ posts

On second thought I don't want to burden AiyanMind with all the programming, so I'll make at least a prototype

am can program above good
AiyanMind
Scratcher
100+ posts

Mole_Gaming wrote:

On second thought I don't want to burden AiyanMind with all the programming, so I'll make at least a prototype
Ok thank you. I wish you would stay, but it is your decision.