Discuss Scratch

turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

The touch sensing blocks won't be able to use a pallette they have to be Stage clickable because it's kind of hard to pick the exact same color than what may be in a costume.

Aar0nLawl0r
Scratcher
13 posts

Scratch 3.0

I think that they should introduce mp3 files or even add a thing for scratch emoji's like in the discussion replies.

Look at this.

Come over to my profile and give me a follow. You'll receive new games, animations and more!!!!

ᗪOᑎ'T ᗯOᖇᖇY ᗩᗷOᑌT ᖴᗩIᒪᑌᖇEᔕ
ᗯOᖇᖇY ᗩᗷOᑌT TᕼE ᑕᕼᗩᑎᑕEᔕ
YOᑌ ᗰIᔕᔕ ᗯᕼEᑎ YOᑌ ᗪOᑎ'T
EᐯEᑎ TᖇY

J₳₵₭ ₵₳₦₣łɆⱠĐ

'My pain may be the reason for somebody's laugh
But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody's pain'

Charlie Chaplain
NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Aar0nLawl0r wrote:

I think that they should introduce mp3 files or even add a thing for scratch emoji's like in the discussion replies.
It's probably gonna have support for actual emojis! https://github.com/LLK/scratch-gui/pull/489
TheCoolCreeper
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

I don't see an editor for costumes, and that really worries me.

hey guys  its me notebook
BKFighter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

TheCoolCreeper wrote:

I don't see an editor for costumes, and that really worries me.
They probably haven't gotten that far yet is all.

Need a reason to check out my profile?
How about things like:
Simulators?
Games?
Amazing Creations?

This siggy protected by: BKFighter Kumquataway Ltd
Created from processed Kumquat byproduct
Purchase for free* at this website! asdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdfadfadfadadfasdfas;
herohamp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

NickyNouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

herohamp wrote:

Ihaveexpectations wrote:

When are lists going to be implemented?
Sometime before the release
that clears everything up xD
AStefex
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

After clicking one block the screen flickers black.
Sirenic
Scratcher
1 post

Scratch 3.0

It's nice but you should set it up the same way, with the project stage on the left and the scripting on the right. Otherwise it's awesome!
stymphalianbirb
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

ninjagolloyd wrote:

DeleteThisAcount wrote:

Ceo_ wrote:

Wow

I think I found a bug
i think i agree
nah, you think?

You all are right, this is a bug! It's already being tracked in the scratch GUI repository (#463).

Thanks, and please do keep bringing up potential bugs - it's helpful! : )

- Julia

delete this clone
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Ceo_ wrote:

Wow

I think I found a bug
Something doesn't look right, although [sarcasm alert]I just can't seem to pinpoint what it is[/sarcasm alert].

Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

• there's now a watcher for the _ of _ block
  • apparently the default value of the _ of _ block is “x position of stage” which doesn't make much sense
  • showing a reporter watcher with a dropdown uses the default value of the reporter's dropdown
  • the stage is listed as “Stage” in the dropdown but it shows up as “_stage_”

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Sheep_maker wrote:

• apparently the default value of the _ of _ block is “x position of stage” which doesn't make much sense
  • showing a reporter watcher with a dropdown uses the default value of the reporter's dropdown
Wait… What if “x position of stage” is intentional? What if you can scroll the stage?!

Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

WolfCat67 wrote:

Sheep_maker wrote:

http://i.cubeupload.com/faIfiD.png
Wait… What if “x position of stage” is intentional? What if you can scroll the stage?!
The motion and pen blocks both show up in the palette when the stage is selected, though I think it's just because they haven't implemented separate palettes for different sprite types?

(but on the extensions demo, the “LEGO WeDo” sprite has motion, looks, and pen categories disabled and has the motor blocks in the extension categories while other sprites do not)

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

Whoa, my note block project is being used to test Scratch 3.0 based on the studio they're using.
Neat.

kingof555
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

WolfCat67 wrote:

Whoa, my note block project is being used to test Scratch 3.0 based on the studio they're using.
Neat.
could i have a link to the studio?

WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 3.0

kingof555 wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

Neat.
could i have a link to the studio?
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/3424369/

-CoolCoder-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

technoboy10 wrote:

DigiTechs wrote:

I really hope it doesn't use the terrible blockly UI
I wouldn't worry too much.
I don't like that style its fine how it is.
————————————————————————

MinecraftM153
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 3.0

NickyNouse wrote:

scratchisthebest wrote:

Taking a closer look at that colors website, it seems to be that sensing, pen, operators, data, and “more” are not available in horizontal mode. Which is kind of a bummer because it means the modes aren't compatible and it's more difficult to make “real” programs in horizontal mode. But I guess horizontal mode is more for animations and stories anyways. Still, though, it seems that they're going back on their design idea that “we're not going to add a \”simple\“ and \”advanced\“ mode.”
Where's it say that? They probably just haven't bothered to design icons for all those blocks yet (in the github repo the commit messge mentions demo blocks). I thought the idea was that you could edit a project on desktop in vertical mode, and keep editing on your phone in horizontal mode with all of the same blocks available

edit: OH FOUND IT… that's super upsetting actually. I hope the horizontal editor will include a way to use those blocks
IMO, it's like ST didn't make the support for those blocks in horizontal mode. Currently, They didn't make the blocks in ScratchJr, so they're remaking it for Scratch 3.0. I think they just don't know how to design those blocks yet, so if they know how to make the design of all those blocks, all the blocks would be available. Just my opinion though.

I like to make drawings move elsewhere, but on here I do mainly coding experiments. Check them out if you want!
GamingChater
Scratcher
3 posts

Scratch 3.0

scratchyone wrote:

I don't like the “cute”, scratchJr style blocks. I like the complex shapes, and shadows scratch 2.0 has.
Ya i also dont like this style its really bad.