Discuss Scratch

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Programming Weekly -- Scratch and Technology News!

StarscreamClone wrote:

Thank you, Cheese, those look great!
No problemo!
Suspenders101
Scratcher
100+ posts

What do you guys need me to work on right now for the graphics?

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Suspenders101 wrote:

What do you guys need me to work on right now for the graphics?
Nothing really, but if you'd like to change some parts of the interface, it's on the PW account (linked in main post) and on logiblocs' account.

Somewhere in my 20s | He/It
Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

Surge is my imaginary husband - he's the guy in my icon!
StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Message terminated.

Last edited by StarscreamClone (Dec. 17, 2013 00:22:52)

Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Name you would like to be called as: Rumanti, or anything, as long they're not rude
Activity level on Scratch (on a scale of 1 to 10): 8! (I always log in everyday at least 10 minutes and usually I logged in 10 hours a week)
Job(s) you would like to have: Graphic Designer!
Do you promise to adhere to the rules above?: Yes. Those rules are not hard to follow, and they're thinkable.
Tell us a bit about yourself: Hello. I've almost never been in a collab before. Maybe because I'm an introvert, and working with other peoples often scares me. But I've been trying to accept it. I've joined a collab before, and I'm happy there. I could work with other peoples, and I found it is not quite hard. However, the collab (I think) have been quite inactive, so I decided to find another job. When I found this, I was so happy. It's because I really like to code and program (I do HTML, CSS, a bit of JS, and are in progress of learning to make mobile apps.) and the jobs available seems to fit me. I like to design and draw. I hope I could join! Thanks, Rumanti.

:wq
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guys, I've found this awesome website called tinkernut.com! It's got loads of cool computer/tech hacks and stuff! http://www.tinkernut.com/
StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rumanti wrote:

Name you would like to be called as: Rumanti, or anything, as long they're not rude
Activity level on Scratch (on a scale of 1 to 10): 8! (I always log in everyday at least 10 minutes and usually I logged in 10 hours a week)
Job(s) you would like to have: Graphic Designer!
Do you promise to adhere to the rules above?: Yes. Those rules are not hard to follow, and they're thinkable.
Tell us a bit about yourself: Hello. I've almost never been in a collab before. Maybe because I'm an introvert, and working with other peoples often scares me. But I've been trying to accept it. I've joined a collab before, and I'm happy there. I could work with other peoples, and I found it is not quite hard. However, the collab (I think) have been quite inactive, so I decided to find another job. When I found this, I was so happy. It's because I really like to code and program (I do HTML, CSS, a bit of JS, and are in progress of learning to make mobile apps.) and the jobs available seems to fit me. I like to design and draw. I hope I could join! Thanks, Rumanti.
Welcome!

cheeseeater wrote:

Guys, I've found this awesome website called tinkernut.com! It's got loads of cool computer/tech hacks and stuff! http://www.tinkernut.com/
Oh, EPIC!

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hey, can I do an article on types of programming and how they're used? Please?

This made me cry. NO!!! NOT THE BOW TIE!!!
Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

StarscreamClone wrote:

Welcome!
What should I do now? xD

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rumanti wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

Welcome!
What should I do now? xD
Hmm… Your job gives me an idea. Do you know how to code CSS?

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

We need to start using these
jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

Oh, totally.

Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

StarscreamClone wrote:

Rumanti wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

Welcome!
What should I do now? xD
Yes!

cheeseeater wrote:

He/She has a really cool idea!

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rumanti wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

Rumanti wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

Welcome!
What should I do now? xD
Yes!

cheeseeater wrote:

He/She has a really cool idea!
That's why I'm going to write an article about them!

BTW: @Surge - When do you think we have enough articles to publish the first paper?

Last edited by cheeseeater (Dec. 21, 2013 07:33:29)

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

New/Updated emoticons
For those don't know what an emoticon, it's a little face that's used by forum users to show how they feel about something. These graphic faces have all kinds of expressions, from a big cheesey smile, to rolly eyes. The icons used on the Scratch forums, however, are quite old and if I remember right, they were on the old 1.4 forums. But one Scratcher ROSMan, has made a whole lot of new, awesome ones.
These new icons can be viewed here, where you can also bookmark the page, so you can copy and paste the image link. ROSMan has received a few comments on his work, lets see a few: “Aww, they're soo cute!” - SilverEagle & “Nice idea!” - dracae.
As contructive critisim, I said that they should be a bit smaller, as, overlapping, you can fit 3 of the old emoticons in one of ROSMan's In my opinion, I would like to see these icons as the new forum emoticons in the next few months. It's great that so many people contribute to Scratch!
Please remember to use them when you can, bookmark the page! Scratch On!

Last edited by cheeseeater (Dec. 21, 2013 09:00:40)

Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

New/Updated emoticons
For those don't know what an emoticon, it's a little face that's used by forum users to show how they feel about something. These graphic faces have all kinds of expressions, from a big cheesey smile, to rolly eyes. The icons used on the Scratch forums, however, are quite old and if I remember right, they were on the old 1.4 forums. But one Scratcher ROSMan, has made a whole lot of new, awesome ones.
These new icons can be viewed here, where you can also bookmark the page, so you can copy and paste the image link. ROSMan has recived a few comments on his work, lets see a few: “Aww, they're soo cute!” - SilverEagle & “Nice idea!” - dracae.
As contructive critisim, I said that they should be a bit smaller, as, overlapping, you can fit 3 of the old emoticons in one of ROSMan's In my opinion, I would like to see these icons as the new forum emoticons in the next few months. It's great that so many people contribute to Scratch!
Awesome! Good article. Typo: You wrote recived instead of received.

Last edited by Rumanti (Dec. 21, 2013 08:46:20)

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rumanti wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

New/Updated emoticons
These new icons can be viewed here, where you can also bookmark the page, so you can copy and paste the image link. ROSMan has recived a few comments on his work, lets see a few: “Aww, they're soo cute!” - SilverEagle & “Nice idea!” - dracae.
Awesome! Good article. Typo: You wrote recived instead of received.
Thanks for the spell check! I'll correct it!
jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

jkl0l wrote:

*Ahem*

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jkl0l wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

*Ahem*
Do we need to ask to write an article? I think it would be quicker if we just did it!
jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

*Ahem*
Do we need to ask to write an article? I think it would be quicker if we just did it!
Yeah. I just felt like asking, that way there wouldn't be duplicates.