Discuss Scratch

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Programming Weekly -- Scratch and Technology News!

Agg725 wrote:

When you say technology, what exactly do you mean? I'm just asking because I think I can find some stories for this paper
Basically anything pertaining to the IT industry, and this can include medical achievements, mathematics, etc.

To everyone: I have started work on the interface, and will upload it onto the ProgrammingWeekly account when I am finished.

Somewhere in my 20s | He/It
Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

Surge is my imaginary husband - he's the guy in my icon!
jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

Are we allowed to start writing? I have a pretty good subject, and an article formulating in my mind….

This made me cry. NO!!! NOT THE BOW TIE!!!
StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jkl0l wrote:

Are we allowed to start writing? I have a pretty good subject, and an article formulating in my mind….
Yes! And I can't wait! Also, are you planning on running for deputy?

Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Who, Me? Pfft. Why not?

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Who, Me? Pfft. Why not?
*British bow* May the Force be with you!

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Who, Me? Pfft. Why not?
xD xD ( Sitting here laughing my head off at the computer because for some reason I imagined Dark Surge doing that even though he never would xDDD)
*Spock vulcan hand thingy* Live long and prosper! *Crosses eyes and disappears* <– Whoops!

Last edited by jkl0l (Nov. 11, 2013 14:28:24)

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Who, Me? Pfft. Why not?
xD xD ( Sitting here laughing my head off at the computer because for some reason I imagined Dark Surge doing that even though he never would xDDD)
*Spock vulcan hand thingy* Live long and prosper! *Crosses eyes and disappeared*
(Actually, if Surge ever ended up with GLaDOS, I could imagine him doing that after she tells him to do something, and he refuses to until she says please. XD)

ROCK PAPER SCISSORS LIZARD SPOCK! XD Ignore that, ignore that…

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Who, Me? Pfft. Why not?
*Spock vulcan hand thingy* Live long and prosper! *Crosses eyes and disappeared*
(Actually, if Surge ever ended up with GLaDOS, I could imagine him doing that after she tells him to do something, and he refuses to until she says please. XD)

Uh, first of all, No. *Spock hand talks* I… Hate… Lizards…. xD :3 Surge likes GLaDOS… xD

Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Deputy speech:
Good Morning (it is morning, right?) One and All,
I think I should be the deputy of this brilliant Scratchpaper ‘Programming Weekly’ because
1. I have experience in newspapers, since I worked for Scratchin' Weekly before.

2. I am very loyal and trustworthy, and I have shown that in Scratchin' Weekly as well.

3. I can do brilliant signatures:

4. I can write good articles:
'“The Helmet-Less Driver”
Haryana, India

Recently, in the state of Haryana, a lawyer was fined for driving without a helmet. You may be wondering why a story like that would make news.. happens every day, right? Did you notice I wrote ‘driving’ instead of ‘riding’? This is because the local police fined the lawyer for not wearing a helmet while driving his car! But it didn't end there. The cops were also displeased with the lawyer's brother, who was in the car, also without a helmet.
The lawyer had to approach a district court after the officers did not pay heed to cancel the fine.
I wonder if people riding bikes will now be fined for not wearing a seat-belt!

5. Cartoonist here:

Thank you. I hope you will vote for me.
Signing Off,
~ Lythium (or Reaction).

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

Lythium wrote:

Deputy speech:
Good Morning (it is morning, right?) One and All,
I think I should be the deputy of this brilliant Scratchpaper ‘Programming Weekly’ because
1. I have experience in newspapers, since I worked for Scratchin' Weekly before.

2. I am very loyal and trustworthy, and I have shown that in Scratchin' Weekly as well.

3. I can do brilliant signatures:

4. I can write good articles:
'“The Helmet-Less Driver”
Haryana, India

Recently, in the state of Haryana, a lawyer was fined for driving without a helmet. You may be wondering why a story like that would make news.. happens every day, right? Did you notice I wrote ‘driving’ instead of ‘riding’? This is because the local police fined the lawyer for not wearing a helmet while driving his car! But it didn't end there. The cops were also displeased with the lawyer's brother, who was in the car, also without a helmet.
The lawyer had to approach a district court after the officers did not pay heed to cancel the fine.
I wonder if people riding bikes will now be fined for not wearing a seat-belt!

5. Cartoonist here:

Thank you. I hope you will vote for me.
Signing Off,
~ Lythium (or Reaction).
Deputy speeches already?!?! I guess I'll have to write mine.

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Who, Me? Pfft. Why not?

Uh, first of all, No. *Spock hand talks* I… Hate… Lizards…. xD :3 Surge likes GLaDOS… xD
It was an inside joke. XD
@Reaction: Woo! Great!

ProgrammingWeekly
New to Scratch
5 posts

Hey, guys! I have a basic idea for the interface. Tell me what you think, and I'd be GLaD to change things. :D

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Who, Me? Pfft. Why not?

Uh… Big Bang Theory?

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Who, Me? Pfft. Why not?

Uh… Big Bang Theory?
XD Yay! You got it!

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Who, Me? Pfft. Why not?

Uh… Big Bang Theory?
XD Yay! You got it!
Yep!

Agg725
Scratcher
100+ posts

Back on topic?

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sorry. xD Anyways. I guess it's time for deputy speeches. SERIOUS MODE= ACTIVATED.
Good afternoon everyone! (It's about Noon where I am)

I suppose it's time for deputy elections yet again. Following are just a few of the many reasons why I'd make a good deputy:
  • I've been deputy before, and was eventually promoted to leader.
  • I'm very good with working out arguments, if any. (I doubt there will be now, SsC Has a good system).
  • I have extremely good People skills.
  • I'm active on Scratch and will make time for this collab.
  • I've been told that I'm a good writer by a published author (I'm serious, if you ask, I'll tell you).
  • I was very active on SW, and ended up breaking up a ***Major*** Argument over there (No more on that.).
  • I have the ethics to be a deputy. I'm hardworking, and I'm nice. I really don't think being a deputy of a collab is based on writing skills, not about what you can do to help it along. That's what I want to do. Help this collab grow, and help the people in it gain more experience (If they're new) and if not, I want people to have had a good time working with this paper.
I've grown by working with some amazing people at SW, and I want others to have the same experience here. I was seriously sad when I had to quit SW. But for this, I will make time. I really want this to turn out well, and no matter what, I'm going to give it my all. Deputy or not.

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jkl0l wrote:

Sorry. xD Anyways. I guess it's time for deputy speeches. SERIOUS MODE= ACTIVATED.

I suppose it's time for deputy elections yet again. Following are just a few of the many reasons why I'd make a good deputy:
  • I'm very good with working out arguments, if any. (I doubt there will be now, SsC Has a good system).
  • I've been told that I'm a good writer by a published author (I'm serious, if you ask, I'll tell you).
  • I was very active on SW, and ended up breaking up a ***Major*** Argument over there (No more on that.).
  • I have the ethics to be a deputy. I'm hardworking, and I'm nice. I really don't think being a deputy of a collab is based on writing skills, not about what you can do to help it along. That's what I want to do. Help this collab grow, and help the people in it gain more experience (If they're new) and if not, I want people to have had a good time working with this paper.
I've grown by working with some amazing people at SW, and I want others to have the same experience here. I was seriously sad when I had to quit SW. But for this, I will make time. I really want this to turn out well, and no matter what, I'm going to give it my all. Deputy or not.
Woah, which author told you that?

jkl0l
Scratcher
500+ posts

StarscreamClone wrote:

jkl0l wrote:

Woah, which author told you that?
Baibre McCarthy. She writes stories about Celtic legends. She also teaches my Young Scholars class. She has a website if you don't believe me. Here it is!

TheGeek56
Scratcher
100+ posts

Speech time! Let me take some time to write it.