Discuss Scratch

brycedoo
Scratcher
10 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

why!?!?!?!

Last edited by brycedoo (Nov. 17, 2015 23:35:59)

megnew11334
Scratcher
4 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

daviman123
Scratcher
75 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Wait,I use scratch as a way to make games and then i upload them to gamejolt so people can download it. Could i share the project,upload it to gamejolt,then unshare it?

I am hosting a collab about an awesome game where you fight monsters and collect weapons! If you want to join or check it out, here is the link:

Craftwars RPG Game Collaboration
MSenatore999
Scratcher
22 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

I'm sorry for RAGING but…my fnaf projects take weeks or months and now they just get…erased. and if i make them more appropriatethey won't be the same they were. I use models for my projects so they take days to make and now I have to just start over? Also,please play the projects all the way through before unsharing them because I've seen very funny and cute fnaf projects being deleted. Thank You and I hope you understand this.
move a few miles away from leaving steps

Explain the Fnaf game I made? It's fine but “cute” fnaf games being deleted? why is mine still here? Is it beacause of they don't know the backstory?
(It's not violent by the way… if you saw the sprite…)
ceebee
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

daviman123 wrote:

I'm sorry for RAGING but…my fnaf projects take weeks or months and now they just get…erased. and if i make them more appropriatethey won't be the same they were. I use models for my projects so they take days to make and now I have to just start over? Also,please play the projects all the way through before unsharing them because I've seen very funny and cute fnaf projects being deleted. Thank You and I hope you understand this.
move (a few miles away from leaving) steps
We are not “erasing” or deleting these projects, we are unsharing them. This means you still have access to your project - it is in your unshared projects.

Also, if you feel your project does not violate the Community Guidelines (as described in the original post of this thread), feel free to send us a message at Contact Us - mistakes happen and we can take a second look!
NyltiacandFirestar
Scratcher
10 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Well.. That is unfortunate for some of us considering how much work was put into a lot of these FNAF games, but I will respect the Scratch Team's decision.
jdfr03
Scratcher
38 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

I will support this. I can agree that FN@F is very much on the scary. Believe me I know some people who never wish to talk about it. I, as with many others, apologize for having to share a game too scary and dark. Also, I edited my game so no one can play it. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/43632860/#player May it be able to be shared again?

Last edited by jdfr03 (Nov. 17, 2015 23:43:45)

-JDFR03 :D -

jdfr03
Nightwing412
Scratcher
100+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

I can't agree…. It's true the game is very dark, but it's still amazing. FNaF is very popular, and a lot of kids know about it already. I've seen a lot of the jumpscare projects, and, really, they SAY it has the jumpscares and the jumpscares are either lagy or slowed down, no risk of a scare there. As for the ‘disturbing images’, thats probably just fan art…. The most disturbing thing you'll see in the game is probably the words ‘It’s Me' or the Marionette….. that thing is weird XD (( It's like some kind of puppet. )) The more odd things (( The minigames )) Are all in 8-bit atari-graphic style, and I've never really seen them on scratch. Also, if you ban FNaF, A LOT of people will be VERY mad. A lot of people love the games, and though some people are scared of it, they shouldn't really be unless they are playing the game. And a lot of the versions of it on scratch aren't that bad…. Scratch can only do so much- It does lag, and a ‘jumpscare’ would be pretty slow, and more ‘sudden’ then ‘OMG WHAT IS GOING ON NUUUUUUUU ’ XD I'm 12, and every kid I know knows what the game is. Even when the game came out, everyone, when they played it, found it amazing. The backstory is somewhat good for kids, as it causes lots of discussion, and lots of thinking. It does make people learn more, in a few ways. But still, a lot of people would be furious if you banned FNaF. At least just say you can't put Scratch versions of the game or the jumpscares, or you may risk angering a lot of people… (( I'm not trying to threaten that I'll get people angry and to quit scratch, if it sounds like that O_O I love scratch, but people really will be angry if you get rid of FNaF. It's very popular, and some people only have scratch as any kind of online-chat things, and can only talk about it here. It would be unfair too, to people who can only talk about it here, as they might not have any friends in real life, and only have scratch ((Like me XD))

~Nightwing412
MateusRiff
Scratcher
7 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

You will lose several users ‘-’
monkeypatatoz245
Scratcher
6 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/88172669/ pls my friend Swordslasher made this
thementalminecrafter
Scratcher
13 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

speakvisually wrote:

Over the past year, the Scratch moderation team has been thinking (and rethinking) our stance on Scratch projects that feature the popular video game Five Nights at Freddy’s (FNAF).

When these projects started appearing in the community, we heard from a number of Scratchers who questioned the appropriateness of these projects on an all-ages website. We’ve continued to hear from Scratchers, teachers, and parents who have expressed concern about these projects.

Which aspects of the games can be considered inappropriate according to the Scratch Community Guidelines? 1) Graphic content: Many projects contain disturbing imagery that can be seen as too intense for Scratch. 2) Backstory: The plot of Five Nights at Freddy's is rooted in murder and kidnapping. 3) Jumpscares: Frightening images abruptly flash on the screen.

What’s the impact of this content on Scratch? Multiple school districts have blocked access to Scratch. Several parents have reported their children having nightmares. A number of community members feel uncomfortable browsing Scratch because of this type of content.

In the coming weeks, the Scratch moderation team will begin to unshare some “Five Nights at Freddy's” content from the website. We will start to unshare emulations of the game (i.e. Scratch projects designed to be replicas of the game), since emulations of the original game contain much of the game’s original scary content and background story.

Content moderation is difficult. We want to ensure that you are all able to express yourselves while also balancing the needs of the community. We understand that unsharing and restricting content is no fun — but we hope you understand why we have decided to take this step to help make sure the Scratch community remains a friendly site for people of all ages.

Thanks,
Scratch Team

FAQ:
Why not implement an age appropriateness rating system on Scratch?
Everything shared in our community should be appropriate for all ages. Any type of age restriction placed on a project by the Scratch Team, community members, or project authors isn’t aligned with this philosophy.

Can I put a disclaimer on my Scratch project to warn people it's not for all ages?
Everything shared in our community should be appropriate for all ages. Any type of age restriction placed on a project by the Scratch Team, community members, or project authors isn’t aligned with this philosophy.

Will all Five Nights at Freddy’s content be unshared?
Nope. We’ll only unshare projects that violate our Community Guidelines. For instance: An emulation of the game containing all of the elements described above are not okay. On the other hand, a Freddy Fazbear dress up game? That’s probably okay.

Will this lead to my account being blocked?
Nah. No worries if you created a Five Nights at Freddy’s project in the past. However, we ask that you do not reshare the project if it violates the Community Guidelines.

Will I be able to reshare my project?
If you remove the parts that make the project inappropriate — the jump scares, the scary backstory, the frightening images, or any other content that isn’t appropriate. If you are unsure if your project is reshareable, you can email Contact Us and we will reevaluate your project.
Fnaf is for kids!

when green flag clicked
change [followers] by (1)
Jacob_likes_FNAF
Scratcher
2 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Pretty Much My Whole Profile Is Based On FNaF. Sooo… I Was Upset Seeing This Post. What should I Do?
daviman123
Scratcher
75 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

play sound [My project died for some reson XD :D] until done

I am hosting a collab about an awesome game where you fight monsters and collect weapons! If you want to join or check it out, here is the link:

Tommy100
Scratcher
100+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

NyltiacandFirestar wrote:

Well.. That is unfortunate for some of us considering how much work was put into a lot of these FNAF games, but I will respect the Scratch Team's decision.
Agreed.
C_LYNCH
Scratcher
9 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Scratch Team Sorry About That But Can I Male StickMan The Game Rated For Teens And Has Kid Mode Can Still Make That

How To Burn Your Scratch Project Onto A Disc
1. Get PowerISO. Link:http://www.poweriso.com/
2. Go To Scratch Game.
3. Save Game Into Any File.
4. Go To PowerISO
5. Upload The Game
6. Click Burn.

There You Go You Now Have Your Game Onto A Disc!
Dogegirl
Scratcher
7 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

I feel terrible now knowing that some of my fnaf animations might have caused this. I never wanted to hurt anyone, or make anyone uncomfortable. This really upsets me because I know what it's like to have nightmares night after night after night, even though it doesn't happen to me anymore. I remember when the slenderman games came out, I couldn't sleep for a very long time, and now I've just heard that my videos or my interests could be doing this to poor little kids, and because of this, it's also hurting the scratch team. I stopped making fnaf vids a while ago, but I still feel horrible that something I made could cause such distruction within a kid friendly community. Please forgive me, and know that I will never make fnaf animations again.
-Dogegirl
Tommy100
Scratcher
100+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

A quarter of Scratch will leave because of this. :O
C_LYNCH
Scratcher
9 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Scratch Team Sorry About That But Can I Make StickMan The Game Rated For Teens And Has Kid Mode Can Still Make That

How To Burn Your Scratch Project Onto A Disc
1. Get PowerISO. Link:http://www.poweriso.com/
2. Go To Scratch Game.
3. Save Game Into Any File.
4. Go To PowerISO
5. Upload The Game
6. Click Burn.

There You Go You Now Have Your Game Onto A Disc!
imadog54
Scratcher
40 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

I understand that the games can be a bit scary, but I do have an idea. The Scratch Team could have an option in the edit menu for you own project that the project is not suitable for kids under the age of x. But then again, it would not align with the philosophy. But the birthday can be checked for the account on the project, and leave a message if the age is insufficient. Those projects wouldn't be able to be played if the user is not signed in.

say [that's my idea]
daviman123
Scratcher
75 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

define Fnaf got banned but i understand
forever

if <[Fnaf] = [ banned]> then

end
change [Hard Work] by (-100000000)
end