Discuss Scratch

ceebee
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

BOSSOFMONKEYS wrote:

Are you kidding me?!?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!! Come on scratch! about %75 of scratch users love FNAF including all of my friends!!!!!!! Please don't delete that stuff!!!

We did not delete the projects, they have been unshared. Which means you still have access to them in your unshared projects. Also, as mentioned in the forum post, we, along with others, do not feel this content is appropriate for an all ages website. It is important to mention we will not be unsharing all FNAF related projects - just the ones that violate the community guidelines as described in the original post.
FoxyBoy871
Scratcher
9 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Marceline_Abadeer wrote:

This isn't fair! People should be allowed to have FNAF projects, but at least give them a warning that it has FNAF in it! I feel like that would be a better solution. I have been working on a FNAF AMV for a whole WEEK! I'm still only halfway done, but who would watch it if they don't LIKE FNAF!? This is a huge disappointment for me. I also have a friend who is really good at making games, but most of them are from FNAF. DON'T BAN FNAF!!!! PLEASE!!!!???? I'll give you a _waffle_ if you don't!
daviman123
Scratcher
75 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

it takes me very long times to make these and now they just get deleted???? Now I have to stop EVERY SINGLE THING I'M WORKING ON. THIS IS AN OUTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE. All of my fnagames that take weeks or MONTHS : *poof* just gone. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO ANGRYYYYYYYYYYY. My gnaf 2 : GONE Somebody's project didn't have any jumpscares AT ALL and it was still unshared. I will probably not look at scratch the same way and I will make less projects because of this.
replace item ([img]http://www.curezone.org/upload/Members/Mad_Cat.gif[/img] v) of [  v] with [ ]

I am hosting a collab about an awesome game where you fight monsters and collect weapons! If you want to join or check it out, here is the link:

Craftwars RPG Game Collaboration
daviman123
Scratcher
75 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

replace item ( everything) of [ scratch] with [game jolt ]

I am hosting a collab about an awesome game where you fight monsters and collect weapons! If you want to join or check it out, here is the link:

gracejacques340
Scratcher
34 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

please stop unsharing my fnasb games. i am making the content of them less scary and replacing the screams with funny sound effects.
FoxyBoy871
Scratcher
9 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Guys just have a warning come when you play a fnaf game that it is not for kids then people like me and99% of scratch can play it
freddy1265
Scratcher
8 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

speakvisually wrote:

Over the past year, the Scratch moderation team has been thinking (and rethinking) our stance on Scratch projects that feature the popular video game Five Nights at Freddy’s (FNAF).

When these projects started appearing in the community, we heard from a number of Scratchers who questioned the appropriateness of these projects on an all-ages website. We’ve continued to hear from Scratchers, teachers, and parents who have expressed concern about these projects.

Which aspects of the games can be considered inappropriate according to the Scratch Community Guidelines? 1) Graphic content: Many projects contain disturbing imagery that can be seen as too intense for Scratch. 2) Backstory: The plot of Five Nights at Freddy's is rooted in murder and kidnapping. 3) Jumpscares: Frightening images abruptly flash on the screen.

What’s the impact of this content on Scratch? Multiple school districts have blocked access to Scratch. Several parents have reported their children having nightmares. A number of community members feel uncomfortable browsing Scratch because of this type of content.

In the coming weeks, the Scratch moderation team will begin to unshare some “Five Nights at Freddy's” content from the website. We will start to unshare emulations of the game (i.e. Scratch projects designed to be replicas of the game), since emulations of the original game contain much of the game’s original scary content and background story.

Content moderation is difficult. We want to ensure that you are all able to express yourselves while also balancing the needs of the community. We understand that unsharing and restricting content is no fun — but we hope you understand why we have decided to take this step to help make sure the Scratch community remains a friendly site for people of all ages.

Thanks,
Scratch Team

FAQ:
Why not implement an age appropriateness rating system on Scratch?
Everything shared in our community should be appropriate for all ages. Any type of age restriction placed on a project by the Scratch Team, community members, or project authors isn’t aligned with this philosophy.

Can I put a disclaimer on my Scratch project to warn people it's not for all ages?
Everything shared in our community should be appropriate for all ages. Any type of age restriction placed on a project by the Scratch Team, community members, or project authors isn’t aligned with this philosophy.

Will all Five Nights at Freddy’s content be unshared?
Nope. We’ll only unshare projects that violate our Community Guidelines. For instance: An emulation of the game containing all of the elements described above are not okay. On the other hand, a Freddy Fazbear dress up game? That’s probably okay.

Will this lead to my account being blocked?
Nah. No worries if you created a Five Nights at Freddy’s project in the past. However, we ask that you do not reshare the project if it violates the Community Guidelines.

Will I be able to reshare my project?
If you remove the parts that make the project inappropriate — the jump scares, the scary backstory, the frightening images, or any other content that isn’t appropriate. If you are unsure if your project is reshareable, you can email Contact Us and we will reevaluate your project.
IF YOU CENCORED MY FNAF 2 WHY NOT CENCOR EVERYTHING ON SCRATCH? IF YOU DO NOT UNCNCOR I WILL STOP USING AND SUE!

Eza
ceebee
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

FoxyBoy871 wrote:

Guys just have a warning come when you play a fnaf game that it is not for kids then people like me and99% of scratch can play it
Hi there. Please check out the FAQ in the original post of this thread:

Can I put a disclaimer on my Scratch project to warn people it's not for all ages?
inneudo__
Scratcher
46 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

freddy1265 wrote:

speakvisually wrote:

Over the past year, the Scratch moderation team has been thinking (and rethinking) our stance on Scratch projects that feature the popular video game Five Nights at Freddy’s (FNAF).

When these projects started appearing in the community, we heard from a number of Scratchers who questioned the appropriateness of these projects on an all-ages website. We’ve continued to hear from Scratchers, teachers, and parents who have expressed concern about these projects.

Which aspects of the games can be considered inappropriate according to the Scratch Community Guidelines? 1) Graphic content: Many projects contain disturbing imagery that can be seen as too intense for Scratch. 2) Backstory: The plot of Five Nights at Freddy's is rooted in murder and kidnapping. 3) Jumpscares: Frightening images abruptly flash on the screen.

What’s the impact of this content on Scratch? Multiple school districts have blocked access to Scratch. Several parents have reported their children having nightmares. A number of community members feel uncomfortable browsing Scratch because of this type of content.

In the coming weeks, the Scratch moderation team will begin to unshare some “Five Nights at Freddy's” content from the website. We will start to unshare emulations of the game (i.e. Scratch projects designed to be replicas of the game), since emulations of the original game contain much of the game’s original scary content and background story.

Content moderation is difficult. We want to ensure that you are all able to express yourselves while also balancing the needs of the community. We understand that unsharing and restricting content is no fun — but we hope you understand why we have decided to take this step to help make sure the Scratch community remains a friendly site for people of all ages.

Thanks,
Scratch Team

FAQ:

Nope. We’ll only unshare projects that violate our Community Guidelines. For instance: An emulation of the game containing all of the elements described above are not okay. On the other hand, a Freddy Fazbear dress up game? That’s probably okay.

Nah. No worries if you created a Five Nights at Freddy’s project in the past. However, we ask that you do not reshare the project if it violates the Community Guidelines.

If you remove the parts that make the project inappropriate — the jump scares, the scary backstory, the frightening images, or any other content that isn’t appropriate. If you are unsure if your project is reshareable, you can email Contact Us and we will reevaluate your project.
IF YOU CENCORED MY FNAF 2 WHY NOT CENCOR EVERYTHING ON SCRATCH? IF YOU DO NOT UNCNCOR I WILL STOP USING AND SUE!

BOSSOFMONKEYS wrote:

Are you kidding me?!?! THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!! Come on scratch! about %75 of scratch users love FNAF including all of my friends!!!!!!! Please don't delete that stuff!!!

WewooWeooo wrote:

Guess What LEAVE SCRATCH BECAUSE THEY RUINED THE PARTY!
play sound [ Its Over ] until done

willow60 wrote:

you don't need to be mean. People should know about this its really mean to bother other people. I and every one of my friends got reported for something that really doesn't need much attention, so your gonna report all fnaf or so? just be nice. I even got reported for fnaf not scary! what the??? its not even scary!!!!!!!!!!!
BE NICE TO OTHER PEOPLE. OK??

Whoa. Calm down.
What about the people who are actually scared of this stuff? According to the first post, educators are now banning Scratch because of this content. The entire purpose of Scratch is to teach young people, even children under 7, to code. Just because you like it doesn't change the fact that it may be inappropriate for younger users. Personally, I'm a fan of the series too, but it honestly shouldn't drive you nuts because one popular game was marked explicit.

Last edited by inneudo__ (Nov. 17, 2015 23:12:23)

ヽ(´ー`)人(´∇`)人(`Д´)ノヽ(´ー`)人(´∇`)人(`Д´)ノヽ(´ー`)人(´∇`)人(`Д´)ノヽ(´ー`)人(´∇`)/

♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓ ♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓♪
┏ ( >.<) ┛♪┗ (・o・ ) ┓♪ ┏ (>.< ) ┛♪┗ (・o・ ) ┓♪
daviman123
Scratcher
75 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

replace item ( happy with Scratch) of [ My sanity] with [ I will leave scratch because of this]

Moonclan1021
Scratcher
4 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Yeah, I agree. I forgot that I had that in my unshared folder. I forgot to delete it.

Last edited by Moonclan1021 (Nov. 17, 2015 23:15:30)

crazyspringbonnie66
New to Scratch
2 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

speakvisually wrote:

Thanks,
Scratch Team

FAQ:

gracejacques340
Scratcher
34 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

if i replace the jumpscares with funny sounds, is that okay? i'm just curious.
crazyspringbonnie66
New to Scratch
2 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

WHY SCRATCH WHY?THIS IS THE HOLE RESON WHY IM HERE.IF IT WASNT FOR THIS NO ONE WOULD BE HERE.
daviman123
Scratcher
75 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

I'm starting to think that the Scratch team isn't even playing the projects before unsharing them.This guy had a fnaf game with NO JUMPSCARES AT ALL and it got unshared!!! How to make FNAF not Scary is being deleted!!! WHY??? Its not scary! I can see why on the projects with ACTUAL JUMPSCARES but those had none!!

21nely
Scratcher
15 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

speakvisually wrote:

Kitkatsilvercat1 wrote:

Hello
I wanted to say somebody reported my project Five nights at Freddy when a million people makes the game so why you reported only mine?
I was working on it days and days is that fair?
No it is not

If it contained the content mentioned in this forum post: frightening images, jump scares, and murder backstory, it's not appropriate for Scratch. We'll be unsharing projects with this type of content, as it doesn't fit the Community Guidelines. You will still have your project, it will just be unshared :]

Okay, if I made a project that had one of the jumpscares, would it be taken down? Here's the project if you want to see: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/79347760/ It was supposed to be funny. I would prefer it stays up. It's a video.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
when green flag clicked
say [NO FNAF! NO MORE FNAF]
play sound [The Final Countdown v]

Xbox Live: Commando 1447
This post will self destruct in 3…2…1…
FoxyBoy871
Scratcher
9 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

Um scratch my five nights at franks was made too make fnaf funny nothing in it is scary
daviman123
Scratcher
75 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

play sound [Scratch just ruined the whole website]

supermario64man
Scratcher
3 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

PS.I toke a lot of time not doing something with my parants to make it
MSenatore999
Scratcher
22 posts

Five Nights at Freddy's

I'm actually starting to rethink my games, reason being this, but my animatronics aren't that scary, more cute… ish… what I did was,
if <[Fnaf] = [scary]> then
switch costume to [not so scary]
end