Discuss Scratch

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crimson & Co's College of Collaboration [Student]

Can somebody do Gaming and possibly Programming for me? I will get Lesson 2 for Programming out soon, but if somebody else can that would be great! And, I'll have Standard Custom Blocks out as well soon.
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Can somebody do Gaming and possibly Programming for me? I will get Lesson 2 for Programming out soon, but if somebody else can that would be great! And, I'll have Standard Custom Blocks out as well soon.
I am a mediocre with programming but if you do need help and MTBH cannot do it then I could lend a hand.
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rainbow_waves wrote:

When does the art course start??

Since all the tutors run their own courses independently, it is probably best to ask your tutor questions directly on their profile. Your art tutor is Mewly so try asking them.
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Co49 wrote:

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

I am a mediocre with programming but if you do need help and MTBH cannot do it then I could lend a hand.

Okay.
rainbow_waves
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CocoaLove
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hey, could I take a couple of courses? If possible, I would love to take the Standard Management, Standard Costumer, Standard Collaborator, and the Standard Writing courses. I am very interested in many things, as you can see…

-*CocoaLove's Land of Stories*- “The world is a weird place”-Sigton

Crimson19
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CocoaLove wrote:

Hey, could I take a couple of courses? If possible, I would love to take the Standard Management, Standard Costumer, Standard Collaborator, and the Standard Writing courses. I am very interested in many things, as you can see…

What order are you taking them in.

CocoaLove
Scratcher
500+ posts

Probably the order I said them in above… Standard Management first, then Standard Costumer, then Standard Collaborator, and lastly, the Standard Writing course.

-*CocoaLove's Land of Stories*- “The world is a weird place”-Sigton

Scratch_Hairstyles
Scratcher
500+ posts

Crimson19 wrote:

Have all the customer service students got both of their assignments done?
Yup, I did mine ages ago x

ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

When does the next management class start?
I think I am going to try it.

If you see this text, reply saying “I hate Skype emojis” and you will receive a prize from my magical prize box
k9lego
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch_Hairstyles wrote:

Crimson19 wrote:

Have all the customer service students got both of their assignments done?
Yup, I did mine ages ago x
Did I mention I also completed it?

- Let's Eat  Grandma! This is a hidden advertisement for the Collab Hyper Cloud Inc. :)
- Let's Eat, Grandma!
Commas Save Lives!

Nothing Much here…

If you want to reply to me, please comment with the link to the topic “On my profile page”. thanks. k9lego
Ninja_Of_Ice
Scratcher
38 posts

Can I do art please?

I would like to thank my arms, for always being by my side. My legs, for always supporting me, and my fingers, because I can always count on them.

Oh yeah, and my hips, for not lying~
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Introduction~
This course is all about Custom Blocks, from how to make them, loop them, define them and more. You will be put to the test in many instances, as you will receive many assignments involving making certain Custom Blocks. This course is mainly taught by CrazyGoldfish3.

First Sources/Syllabus~
Define Custom Blocks
Custom Blocks in general
The Procedures of Custom Blocks

Those are standard wiki introductions. So, basically what you've learned so far is that a Custom Block is a block that is used for special things that normal blocks can't do in just one block, like making Cloud Engines/Lists, Loops of any sort, Platformers, and much, much more. You've learned a basic introduction on how you will define them, and how they can fit into a procedure. The main point that I will try to get across to you is that efficiency is what makes a Custom Block, useful, so, be efficient! So, let's get on to our first lesson!

Standard Programming with Custom Blocks
Syllabus
-Learn to shorten scripts (To large measures)
-Learn how to understand Custom Blocks
-Learn how to complete a assignment with the most efficient techniques there are
Criteria
-Efficiently complete an assignment
-Be able to loop Scripts
-Understand the overall concept of Custom Blocks

This course is all about Custom Blocks, from looping them, decoding them, and making them as efficient as possible. You will have to explain your methods as well as others. This course is mainly taught by CrazyGoldfish3.

Lesson 1~
This lesson will begin to go a bit further on basics of the Custom Block. Here's the scenario~

Your Collaboration Leader asks that you make a simple loop block, that fades a Sprite out, switches it's costume, then fades it in. Here's the actual quote~

CollaborationLeader wrote:

Hey, can I get someone to make a Custom Block that fades a sprite out, switches the sprite costume, then fades it back in? Make it very customizable, as we will use this block a lot!
. Here's how to carefully examine his statement, because you need to make the block exactly as he wants it(!)~

Take note of his comment, “Make it very customizable”, as this means that you will need a lot of inputs! In case your not aware, an input can be selected by pressing the Options tab when you are creating your block. Now, think about the block. You'll need~

-To make an effect to make it fade away and back, so Ghost.

-To make a “Repeat ()” block, and have an input determine that number.

-I say that because if we put an input at the scale the Ghost effect is changed, it can also determine the times that the loop will be repeated.

-There is also much more!

So, as you can see, a hard-working Custom Block Programmer has a lot running through his/her mind when he/she sees a command like this! Here's what the block might end up looking like~

define Fade sprite in, changing Ghost by (Number) every time, with (Time) seconds in between changes, then switch costume to (Costume#), and fade back in
set [Numberv] to (Number)
repeat ((100) / (Numberv))
change [Ghost] effect by (Numberv)
wait (Time) secs
end
switch costume to (Costume#)
repeat ((100) / (Numberv))
change [Ghost] effect by ((Numberv) - ((Numberv) - (Numberv)))
wait (Time) secs
end

As you can see, most Custom Blocks will actually be very lengthy! So, you've got the point? Here is your first assignment, due in a week~

AnotherCollaborationLeader wrote:

Hey, could we get some Menu Music? Just make a Custom Block that plays a song, waits a given time, then plays another song. We have some Musicians working on some Music pieces, so we should have up to 15 pieces, maybe more!

Please create that block. Ask any questions, in fact I'd be glad if you did, and just make sure to get it done by next week! Analyze, Create, and have Success!

CrazyGoldfish3

1st Lesson for the few existing Custom Blocks Students!

Last edited by CrazyGoldfish3 (Oct. 19, 2015 23:53:13)

kittykat_005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

*snip*
1st Lesson for the few existing Custom Blocks Students!
Oooo boy…. I am not sure how I will do, but I'll try!

Funny Doge memes.
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kittykat_005 wrote:

Good luck.

By the way, as the Training goes on, I will use that Lesson as a reference to explain the ideas I'm trying to get out.
kittykat_005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

kittykat_005 wrote:

Good luck.

By the way, as the Training goes on, I will use that Lesson as a reference to explain the ideas I'm trying to get out.
Mmm, ok!

Funny Doge memes.
kittykat_005
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Edit, wrong post ^_^;

Last edited by kittykat_005 (Oct. 20, 2015 00:34:43)

Funny Doge memes.
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

As you can see, most Custom Blocks will actually be very lengthy! So, you've got the point? Here is your first assignment, due in a week~

AnotherCollaborationLeader wrote:

Hey, could we get some Menu Music? Just make a Custom Block that plays a song, waits a given time, then plays another song. We have some Musicians working on some Music pieces, so we should have up to 15 pieces, maybe more!

Please create that block. Ask any questions, in fact I'd be glad if you did, and just make sure to get it done by next week! Analyze, Create, and have Success!

CrazyGoldfish3

You see?