Quick sketch of a lightning creature
anyone want to make a body for it?

look a square
;
Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

I was planning on posting this earlier but dude, my mood was horrible…
Anyways, it are some character and plants sheets for my new world.
EDIT:

1. Is the plant dude with long legs.
2. Is a big plant design, however, it also may be the plant dude's “grave”, or the state they're in after their time is out or something.
3. Could be grass or little flowers there, but could also be used as “food” or snacks or something.
4. Is a rare flower design, I had trouble with the stalk but since the flower turned out so good, I thought of a way to fix it.
5. Are probably some mushrooms. I could maybe turn them into corals later.

Last edited by Mewly (Sept. 22, 2013 18:04:51)

Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Mewly wrote:

Zaneki wrote:

Mewly wrote:

And I didn't imagine them like that to be honest… XD

Some little mistakes:

I imagined the lil' one who's flying with wings on his back, he's supposed to look like he does, he's not like a bat.
The plant one isn't supposed to have teeth at all. Also, he doesn't have claws, fangs or nails; his fingers simply look like that. Also they don't have eyes like that, imagine it like this: they have small, beady, oval-shaped eyes. XD
BTW, you switched their eyes. The little dude who's flying should have HIS eyes, and not have these… *squished* ones. XD

BTW, the last one you did, it has so much resemblance! The only thing that I thought I'll change the spikes on his back. Also, I wanted to make the snout look like a dragon's, or, a lizard's, since he's something like a lizard or a dog.

BUT NADA, ZANEKI, THESE ARE AWESOME~~~ <3
EDIT: I forgot to add this but… PLEASE NO OFFENCE!
nah, I ruined them, which was the point
tried to make them look less cute

no offense taken c:
Oh xD

And I'm glad

I haven't been feeling well recently… I don't know why, sadly.
I haven't been feeling well either. I've had a sore throat and a cough for two days now. I think I have a cold.

Have a cute, curled up Peridot.
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Zaneki wrote:

That's interesting.

Mewly wrote:

EDIT:

2. Is a big plant design, however, it also may be the plant dude's “grave”, or the state they're in after their time is out or something.
3. Could be grass or little flowers there, but could also be used as “food” or snacks or something.
4. Is a rare flower design, I had trouble with the stalk but since the flower turned out so good, I thought of a way to fix it.
I really like this flower creature.

Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Lightningstep36 wrote:

Zaneki wrote:

That's interesting.

Mewly wrote:

EDIT:

I really like this flower creature.
Thanks! ^^

But my personal favorite is…

the little flying dude.
honesty
Scratcher
100+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Zaneki wrote:

like a lizard/dragon style horse shaped body with big dragon tail, and an extra set of limbs on the torso (as if a dragony centaur had gained more arms)

though i cant draw that sounds cool i guess

new research finds italics is cruise control for cool, debunks old caps lock theory
Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

honesty wrote:

Zaneki wrote:

like a lizard/dragon style horse shaped body with big dragon tail, and an extra set of limbs on the torso (as if a dragony centaur had gained more arms)

Like this?

look a square
;
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Sometimes I wonder if I should still keep this topic going. Since we were pretty much just talking about creatures we made up now, maybe I should start a separate topic about that.

honesty
Scratcher
100+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Zaneki wrote:

honesty wrote:

Zaneki wrote:

Like this?
uh yeah but claws not hooves

new research finds italics is cruise control for cool, debunks old caps lock theory
somelia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Fictional Worlds

I'm taking a mythology class, and we had to create our own original worlds with our own original mythology.

That was a really fun assignment, actually. If anyone's interested, I'll polish it up a bit and post it.

“Thinking of world domination makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.”
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

somelia wrote:

I'm taking a mythology class, and we had to create our own original worlds with our own original mythology.

That was a really fun assignment, actually. If anyone's interested, I'll polish it up a bit and post it.
I was never expecting someone to post on here again.

You can go ahead and post it. I thought this thread was dead long ago, but you can possibly revive it.

SilverEagle
Scratcher
500+ posts

Fictional Worlds

I just found my old journal from four years ago, and found a lot of made up worlds I'd done when bored. Horrible ones, but still there. Apparently I really loved the world where there was no animals, just plants, as food, games, animals, disasters, everything. It was really cool, at least in my eight year old mind.

:3

This topic will be revived! *cheers*

Last edited by SilverEagle (Nov. 2, 2013 02:59:46)

“Treat others how you wish to be treated”
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

SilverEagle wrote:

I just found my old journal from four years ago, and found a lot of made up worlds I'd done when bored. Horrible ones, but still there. Apparently I really loved the world where there was no animals, just plants, as food, games, animals, disasters, everything. It was really cool, at least in my eight year old mind.

:3

This topic will be revived! *cheers*
Reminds of how the fauna of my fictional worlds from middle school were pretty messed up.

Here's an example. One of the worlds had a wooden bird. It basically looked like a creepy puppet, with the strings connected to all of the limbs tied at the top. And it had a stupid name, too. I'm almost too embarrassed to say it… It was called a Bubbeda (according to the notebook, it's pronounced “bub-ee-dah”). I don't even know how I came up with that.

This probably wasn't the worst. There was also a bird with four wings.

Oh, 2009 self. What was wrong with your head?

somelia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Heck, mine's probably worse. It centers on a flowery love story that even makes me sick.

But I'll post the interesting bits. Here's Chapter 7 (my personal favorite).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x0jfNmcPKZ3ZMOGdvNyoqJ4lpkKkkfzflEItNMvKgJI/pub

Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

somelia wrote:

Heck, mine's probably worse. It centers on a flowery love story that even makes me sick.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1x0jfNmcPKZ3ZMOGdvNyoqJ4lpkKkkfzflEItNMvKgJI/pub
I'll have to read that later. Typing a long reply to this thread right now.

Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

All right guys, I'm finally going to reveal a bit about my six fictional worlds from 2009, along with my critique of my own bizarre ideas from the time.

Magatiera, the Heat Planet
First of all, I'm sure this name is derived from the word “magma.” However, I'm not sure what the word “tier” is doing in the middle of it. Maybe to look stylish? I also kind of wish I called it the Hot Planet instead of the Heat Planet. Just 'cause “heat” is a noun, and an adjective like “hot” seems more fitting.
Anyway, this is a planet known for its extreme heat. Thousands of volcanoes dot its rocky, uneven surface, and many areas are too hot to be habitable. Rather conveniently, the creatures who live here have adapted to this heat fairly well. Most of these creatures seem to be reptilian. I guess that kind of makes sense.

Sheerice, the Cold Planet
I really don't like this name anymore. Sheerice? Really? I pretty much just squished the words “sheer” and “ice” together to make this.
This planet is very cold, as you can tell from the title, and is covered with mountains and glaciers. Most of the creatures living on this planet are covered with either a thick layer of fur or feathers. This includes reptiles that had feathers (basic biology fail). Overall, this is probably the one of the six planets that I'm least impressed with today.

Onata, the Humid Planet
Okay, I admit, I still kind of like this planet's name today. It's just, you know, a bit more creative than some others? *cough* Sheerice *cough* Another bonus is that it's not some weird play on words!
Onata was a densely forested planet. By that, I mean tropical rainforests. Now most of the creatures on this planet make some sense, but then there's this one… It's a bird with sharp teeth, called a canine bird. UGH!

Senead, the Arid Planet
This name's pretty cool too, but I can't remember if it's pronounced “sah-need” or “sah-nee-ahd.” I think it was the former.
Pretty straight forward. Senead is a rather dry planet, and most of its surface is just plain, old desert. Most of the creatures on this planet burrowed underground, including one that I still find kind of cool today: the metal serpent. But then there was this one creature that could apparently hypnotize things with its swirly eyes. All righty, then.

Maringi, the Aquatic Planet
Back to doing plays on words to name the planets. Maringi's name is derived from the word “marine.” Not super creative.
Maringi is almost entirely made of ocean, with only tiny bits of land. All creatures live out their entire lives in the water, with the exception of the serpagon (a hybrid between a dragon and a serpent), which can crawl onto land. You know, when I created these worlds, I got so into it that I had a dream that I was on Maringi and encountered one of those serpagons.

Burndrana, the Sky Planet
I really wish I'd chosen a better name for this one, because it takes quite a bit of explaining for it to make sense. Burndrana is derived from the word “burn,” so obviously that's going to make people think about fire, not the sky.
The point of this planet was that it had such a hot surface that it was inhabitable. Every creature on the planet had to live out their entire lives in the sky, because they would burn to death if they touched the planet's surface. That's where the name comes from, unfortunately.
This is also the planet that the terrifying Bubbedas and the four-winged birds are native to. No thanks.

So basically, as you probably noticed, all of these planets are like opposites of one another.
Hot : Cold
Humid : Arid
Aquatic : Sky

To conclude, I want to say that I've been developing another fictional planet lately. This one's so far a lot better developed and doesn't look like something created by a seventh grader out of boredom (and I would hope it doesn't, since I am in high school). I may share some stuff about it later.

Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

NO.

DON'T say that they aren't nice.

THEY ROCK. (to me)

My favorites from your collection would probably be Sheerice, Senead… I can't choose a favorite. :C

Also, somelia, yours rocks too!
Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

somelia wrote:

Wow, you should publish more!

I'm addicted to it like I'm addicted to a fanfic… o.e
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Mewly wrote:

somelia wrote:

Wow, you should publish more!

I'm addicted to it like I'm addicted to a fanfic… o.e
Fanfic is a trap. Once you're in, you never get out.

somelia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Nah, I was into fanfic a couple years ago. Haven't read one for about a year.