Discuss Scratch

Dets65
Scratcher
500+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Lightningstep36 wrote:

scratchisthebest wrote:

I don't think you can get much crazier than that old DOS game Noctis IV.
I'll need to find better pictures of that. Definitely looks like a DOS game, though.
I'm sorry, THAT'S THE BEST RESOLUTION YOU CAN GET.
Oh, and I am suprised there's even someone who knows about Noctis IV here.

Hi, I am a person! (I'm pretty sure I'm a person. Can someone confirm that I am a person for me?)

life is beautiful, except when it's not
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Bump.

Have a cute, curled up Peridot.
Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

I looked through my files and I couldn't find the pictures of the aliens, nor the description of the planet :c

look a square
;
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Zaneki wrote:

I looked through my files and I couldn't find the pictures of the aliens, nor the description of the planet :c
That's too bad. I was going to share the six planets I made up in 2009, but I think the only thing stopping me from doing so is the fact that I feel like the planets' names would embarrass me. (not that there's anything wrong with them; they're just a little uncreative)

Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Lightningstep36 wrote:

Zaneki wrote:

That's too bad. I was going to share the six planets I made up in 2009, but I think the only thing stopping me from doing so is the fact that I feel like the planets' names would embarrass me. (not that there's anything wrong with them; they're just a little uncreative)
Awh, go ahead and share ‘em. I’m not very judgmental, and I completely understand how you feel. Heck, I regret most of the stuff I made less than a year ago :P

Last edited by Zaneki (Sept. 5, 2013 02:15:47)

look a square
;
Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Zaneki wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

Zaneki wrote:

Awh, go ahead and share ‘em. I’m not very judgmental, and I completely understand how you feel. Heck, I regret most of the stuff I made less than a year ago :P
I know how all of you feel ;-;

SHARE EEEEEEEEEEEM!!! PLEAAAAAAAAAAAASE!!! ;-;

Also, I'm working on my creatures…
Dets65
Scratcher
500+ posts

Fictional Worlds

I'm making one called Guraldia.
It's not about the nature, It's more about the guraldians that live there.
But I have a more nature centric one called Galileo IV that I need to change when I get my good computer back.

Hi, I am a person! (I'm pretty sure I'm a person. Can someone confirm that I am a person for me?)

life is beautiful, except when it's not
Moonspin
Scratcher
19 posts

Fictional Worlds

Well, I made a fictional planet named Dust once but that was a fail…
I made a fictional place named Allepedus (which is also the name of something I'm making on my WolfofNight account)

Last edited by Moonspin (Sept. 6, 2013 00:55:27)

generosity
Scratcher
500+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Lightningstep36 wrote:

generosity wrote:

generosity wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

So I was rummaging through some old notebooks the other day from my middle school days (I talk like that was many years ago ), and found notes on six fictional planets and all of the life forms that lived on them which I had created for my own amusement. I found it all pretty interesting (partially because it seems I had a better imagination in 2009 than I do now).

Anyway, I thought it would make an interesting topic for the Scratch forums. Have you ever created a fictional world/planet? If so, feel free to share and/or discuss it here. I may share the six I made up if I get enough replies.
fiction is a myth
Your point?
none of these worlds are technically fiction
if we assume that the universe is infinitely large, the likelihood of a world such as can be imagined existing is infinite as well

“Take a hard look at the dollar bill and ask yourself, is this really what people are dying for?” - Lil B
firedrake969_test
Scratcher
500+ posts

Fictional Worlds

True. If the universe is infinite, or there are infinite universes in the multiverse, then fiction if fact as the probability arising is infinite, therefore, fiction exists just as much as fact.

Alt account of Firedrake969.

Rocket II: A black and white bitmap space game!

I seek not fame, but education.

;
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

firedrake969_test wrote:

True. If the universe is infinite, or there are infinite universes in the multiverse, then fiction if fact as the probability arising is infinite, therefore, fiction exists just as much as fact.
I've heard of this theory before. I meant fiction as in as far as we know. Even though if the multiverse theory is true, then technically everything exists in a universe somewhere.

Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Lightningstep36 wrote:

firedrake969_test wrote:

I've heard of this theory before. I meant fiction as in as far as we know. Even though if the multiverse theory is true, then technically everything exists in a universe somewhere.
….OH MY GOD.
Somewhere, in some universe, four kids play a game that brings on the destruction of the Earth….
I love this theory.

look a square
;
Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Zaneki wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

firedrake969_test wrote:

….OH MY GOD.
Somewhere, in some universe, four kids play a game that brings on the destruction of the Earth….
I love this theory.
+1

<3
EDIT : Plus, ANOTHER universe in which 12 trolls play the game too, and create the second universe of the story…

Last edited by Mewly (Sept. 6, 2013 20:21:32)

Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Mewly wrote:

Zaneki wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

firedrake969_test wrote:

….OH MY GOD.
I love this theory.
+1

<3
EDIT : Plus, ANOTHER universe in which 12 trolls play the game too, and create the second universe of the story…
YES. Greatest theory ever!

ImagineIt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

The sad thing is: This doesn't mean everything is true. There's and infinite combination of things that could happen, so instead of one thing happening in a universe, another thing will. Therefore, fiction is NOT fact.
honesty
Scratcher
100+ posts

Fictional Worlds

ImagineIt wrote:

The sad thing is: This doesn't mean everything is true. There's and infinite combination of things that could happen, so instead of one thing happening in a universe, another thing will. Therefore, fiction is NOT fact.
Exactly.

It's “anything COULD be happening” not “anything MUST be happening”, and that's only if you take the multiverse theory as true in the first place and iirc it's not particularly widely accepted but the whole “What if?” thing draws people to consider it.

new research finds italics is cruise control for cool, debunks old caps lock theory
honesty
Scratcher
100+ posts

Fictional Worlds

honesty wrote:

I'm considering one but all I have so far it his newspaper article from it:

Djubbub Access Resistance reaffirms our belief in the small man
by 442 “Samso”

Djubbub is home to one of the fiercest underground resistance movements ever seen in the history of the human empire, from the time when it merely inhabited Earth to now, as it expands and conquers the remaining three galaxies in it’s cluster.

The story starts on the planet Hubtuck, the most peaceful planet in the Warforge district of the Snuffjim galaxy. It’s wealth of beautiful Strinfighr Beaches for relaxing and the mass amounts of monuments erected to commemorate past leaders make this planet a popular tourist destination. I caught up with one tourist who was bathing in the famously hot strinfighr springs to ask about the revolution. “The revolution…I don’t know either way. I mean, what are they trying to accomplish? It doesn’t bother me but I’m not about to sacrifice my life for, uh, whatever they’re doing.” Another tourist had stronger opinions on the matter. “I think that it’s an important thing, you know. They’re protesting some recent law changes that are going to effectively, quarantine this planet from the rest of the Empire, and I think it’s important because, well, I want to get off of this place sometime…”

But tourists aren’t the heroes here. The Djubbubian Access Resistance (The DJar)is a small but vocal and strong group of people who disagree with the aforementioned law changes. Occupying over 1/2 of the planet it occupies (it let’s the other one stay around as a courtesy) , the sudden disappearance of this country from the economy could have unexpected ramifications. Having cornered the market on sales of re-enhanced strinfighr for adding to baths, the country could suddenly collapse and purge the existence of comfortably bubbly baths from existence at the same time. The members of the resistance are not ones to stand idly by while they watch their home economy go down in flames - they
describe the continued existence of nice baths as “a perk”. I managed to secure an exclusive interview with a member of the crew, who wishes to remain unnamed. I asked him his plan. “There is a certain strategy to our operations, that I believe is very unique to our resistance and one that was hidden in plain sight as a solution for succeeding with underground revolutions, and that being that it is underground.”

You heard right, underneath the steamy strinfighr saunas of popular Djubbub beaches, The DJar plans and executes their attacks. Nothing more can be said about their strategy without risking revealing of coveted secrets.

I got to witness a day at work for the crew. This group is full of masters of covert operations - they fulfilled the day’s quota of accomplishments and almost doubled what was expected of them while I was there. The Djubbub government is starting to feel the pressure and has requested to confer with the movement to discuss and action plan on 3day next week. The individuals in the Djar team seemed to agree all they wanted was for the new law not to be passed.

We wish the team luck in all that they do from here, as they show that a small team can still make a difference as our civilization continues to increase the way it sees scale.

new research finds italics is cruise control for cool, debunks old caps lock theory
firedrake969_test
Scratcher
500+ posts

Fictional Worlds

honesty wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

Exactly.

It's “anything COULD be happening” not “anything MUST be happening”, and that's only if you take the multiverse theory as true in the first place and iirc it's not particularly widely accepted but the whole “What if?” thing draws people to consider it.
Anything*infinity still is infinity. The probability still can be uber-low, but if there are infinite universes, which I shall assume for the sake of this argument, everything must happen. Say the probability of my eating a bagel is 0.0000001. Then, we multiply it by infinite universes to find the probability. If there were 5 universes, the probability is 0.0000005. If there's 10, it's double that number. If it's infinite, it's infinite of that number, hence, infinity.

And “not widely accepted” means the average guy on the street won't know about it, as it's all complex string theory and stuff (membranes, p-branes, etc.) but physicists accept it.

Last edited by firedrake969_test (Sept. 7, 2013 15:47:11)

;
Zaneki
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fictional Worlds

firedrake969_test wrote:

honesty wrote:

ImagineIt wrote:

Exactly.

Anything*infinity still is infinity. The probability still can be uber-low, but if there are infinite universes, which I shall assume for the sake of this argument, everything must happen. Say the probability of my eating a bagel is 0.0000001. Then, we multiply it by infinite universes to find the probability. If there were 5 universes, the probability is 0.0000005. If there's 10, it's double that number. If it's infinite, it's infinite of that number, hence, infinity.

And “not widely accepted” means the average guy on the street won't know about it, as it's all complex string theory and stuff (membranes, p-branes, etc.) but physicists accept it.
There is an infinite chance of me spinning plates on my head whilst consuming a bag of complementary airline peanuts, all of which being done upon a mule wearing boxers.
Infinity is good.

look a square
;
firedrake969_test
Scratcher
500+ posts

Fictional Worlds

Yes. I like infinity.

Of course, those would generally include the whole world messed up.

;