Discuss Scratch

yzscratcher
Scratcher
100+ posts

Report cloud data glitches here

Hey, I found a cloud bug two times: 1.I make a cloud project. But when I want to do a new cloud variable, it doesn't work. I click on new variable, enter the name, click on cloud variable, click OK and nothing happens. What went wrong?
2. In one of my projects I changed the cloud variable. When I reseted the page it shows me the old cloud, not the new.
What is wrong with the cloud?

Studio42
Scratcher
500+ posts

yzscratcher wrote:

Hey, I found a cloud bug two times: 1.I make a cloud project. But when I want to do a new cloud variable, it doesn't work. I click on new variable, enter the name, click on cloud variable, click OK and nothing happens. What went wrong?
2. In one of my projects I changed the cloud variable. When I reseted the page it shows me the old cloud, not the new.
What is wrong with the cloud?

I have the same problem for number 1

kittyhacker101
Scratcher
100+ posts

I can not change cloud vars, or create / delete them.
Are the cloud servers down?

A Gamer / Computer Programmer with 6 cats and a server room.

● Website : https://kittyhacker101.tk/
galbraithjay
Scratcher
1 post

Cloud variables don't always show up when I press “ok” to create them; the ones that do appear are not updating to the cloud.

Any ideas what might be happening?
PhantomForcesX
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cloud variables seem to have been fixed (But it takes a REALLY LONG TIME to create a cloud variable ;-. Thanks Scratch!
when green flag clicked
say [Thanks Scratch Programmers!!!]

Last edited by PhantomForcesX (Oct. 19, 2016 00:46:07)

(ARC) Phantom
Seven. One for the friends along the way, one for the adventures we've had, one for the struggles we overcame, one for those that have passed on, one for those who have chosen to stay, and one for those we've left behind.
The last, my own.
apples111222
Scratcher
6 posts

I need to use 2 cloud vars and I clicked create, it did nothing?!?!?! PLZ FIX THIS PROBLEM
Th3_C0d3r
Scratcher
100+ posts

Here

Please help, any ideas?

-Thanks

define Help
repeat until <Universe ends>
if <<(Answer) = (Truth)> and <I get it>> then
broadcast [Thank helper v]
set [Mood v] to (Happy)
else
broadcast [Send more help v]
DoctoreVoreText
Scratcher
1 post

Whenever I right-click, it automatically goes to “save picture of stage” and I can't right-click sprites or ANYTHING else without it just doing that.
IvyUI
Scratcher
17 posts

I can't make cloud variables at all… extremely frustrating.

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 54.0.2840.71, Flash 23.0 (release 0)
FierceDragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.11.5, Chrome 52.0.2743.116, Flash 23.0 (release 0)

I tried to create a cloud variable titled, “High Score”, but it wouldn't let me. Instead, the message “you are only allowed to use numbers in a cloud variable (no chat rooms allowed, click here for more info, etc)” popped up, even though I was just trying to create a variable, not put anything in it. I tried making a cloud variable titled “1234”, but it also came up with the same result, so I don't think the title is the stimulus. Please fix this soon! Thanks.

“Not all those who wander are lost.” ~ J.R.R. Tolkien

unsightedmetal6
Scratcher
500+ posts

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Opera 40.0.2308.90, Flash 23.0 (release 0)

In my project, I have a cloud counter, and it keeps going back to 500.

I have an Ace Attorney game, although it's just a demo.
Glenn Webb: Ace Attorney DEMO

Here's the collaboration!
Glenn Webb: Ace Attorney Collaboration Topic
P-Code
Scratcher
500+ posts

unsightedmetal6 wrote:

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Opera 40.0.2308.90, Flash 23.0 (release 0)

In my project, I have a cloud counter, and it keeps going back to 500.

In your project, the variable only shows as 500 in the thumbnail. After a few moments of the variable showing 500, it changes to the actual value of the variable. I raised the counter to 700

P - C O D E
Powered by creativity

“Excuse me, sir, can you direct me to de naval base in Alameda? It's vere dey keep de nuclear wessels. Nu-cle-ar wessels.” - Pavel Chekov, Stаr Тrеk IV: Тhе Voyаge Ноmе

Need to search the forums? You can use Google, Bing, or any search engine.

Did you find my post helpful? If you did, why not boost my Internet count?
MorningMADNESS
Scratcher
27 posts

sdg1 wrote:

As you may seen in today's announcement, we deployed a new version of the Cloud Data server. Most of this is code reorganization, and some performance improvements, so there may be a few glitches in this new version. Please report in this thread if you face any glitches. Remember to include information about your operating system, browser, and a link to your project.

Also, I know that some people have reported slowdown of Cloud variable updates recently. Please report those here as well, especially if you used to get faster speeds, but now Cloud variable updates lag significantly.

[Updated 08/30/2013: Based on your reports, I fixed a bunch of problems. Thanks, and keep more of these reports coming in (still working on the glitches that have been already reported, and are still not fixed). For a list of what changed, check out this forum post: http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/14722/ ]

Hey! I found a very annoying bug. It will not let me delete anything from my Backpack. Thanks for reading!
Here is the project that tells all the bugs I found: Bugs

Moe, larry the cheese!

Last edited by MorningMADNESS (Oct. 25, 2016 17:18:17)

MorningMADNESS
Scratcher
27 posts

DoctoreVoreText wrote:

Whenever I right-click, it automatically goes to “save picture of stage” and I can't right-click sprites or ANYTHING else without it just doing that.

It does that to me too. Any ideas of what is wrong?

Moe, Larry, the Cheese!
flint1242
Scratcher
100+ posts

I can't seem to load Cloud Data variables at all (It's unshared, so no link). I'm a Scratcher and have been for a year and three quarters, and Cloud data isn't working at all.
oghd
Scratcher
10 posts

cloud data in some programs seems to not work correctly. ex, in Scratcharia by griffpatch sometimes it doesn't find any other players but after a few minutes a few players keep appearing and disappearing. is this a problem or is it just my slow internet?

Google Chrome,
OS X 10.6

Last edited by oghd (Oct. 26, 2016 23:48:06)

Hello. This is a Signature. What is a signature, you ask me? I don't really know….
when I receive [Question]
set [Time] to [3 Billion years]
repeat (time)
think [What was it again?]
end

Yes! I remember! Its this thing!
rh_junr
Scratcher
81 posts

oghd wrote:

cloud data in some programs seems to not work correctly. ex, in Scratcharia by griffpatch sometimes it doesn't find any other players but after a few minutes a few players keep appearing and disappearing. is this a problem or is it just my slow internet?

Google Chrome,
OS X 10.6

The cloud is very slow/down right now.

Edit: And it has been for the last two hours.

Last edited by rh_junr (Oct. 26, 2016 23:53:30)

scratcher on 3/29/2015
remix this or maybe that!
forever

switch costume to [a scratcher v]
lets scratch!

end

Petersean
Scratcher
1 post

I dont know if its a glitch but I keep trying to set/change my variable but it always changes back to 1 no matter the number

(☁ Nights = 1)
set [☁ Nights] to [2]
(☁ Nights = 2)
(☁ Nights = 1)
Just an example of whats happening
not the actual coding
rh_junr
Scratcher
81 posts

Petersean wrote:

I dont know if its a glitch but I keep trying to set/change my variable but it always changes back to 1 no matter the number

(☁ Nights = 1)
set [☁ Nights] to [2]
(☁ Nights = 2)
(☁ Nights = 1)
Just an example of whats happening
not the actual coding

Did it change back to 1 after reloading, or simply the next time you get the value?

scratcher on 3/29/2015
remix this or maybe that!
forever

switch costume to [a scratcher v]
lets scratch!

end

amanofmystery
Scratcher
15 posts

yeah cloud data glitches all you need to do is :

1. try the reload button
2. if that don't work then go ctrl + shift + i when you pressed see inside YOUR PROJECT
3. next follow : sources - scratch.mit.edu - e.g. projects/12345678
4. then hit ctrl + p and go to refresh.gif

if this didn't work tell me