Discuss Scratch

NeilWest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Lego Movie

Lightningstep36 wrote:

scratchy789 wrote:

uni-kitty is hilarious she is my second favorite character in the lego movie!!!
Who's your most favorite?
Will Ferrell!

haxcharsol
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Lego Movie

epicepicman wrote:

I just had a weird thought today: this movie is a lot like The Spongebob Movie.

The story begins when the villan (Plankton/Lord Business) steals something important (Neptune's Crown/the Kragle). Then the story comes to the main character (Spongebob/Emmet) who is faced with a social problem (called a kid/normal guy). The villian then tries to end the world in someway, and Emmet/Spongebob have to save it.

Later, both characters are faced with almost dying (drying up/falling into the real world), but are brought back by a human in a live-action part (David Hasslehoff/the boy). They then save the day and beat the odds against everyone's expectations.

There's a couple more simularities, but that's the general stuff.
Oh my gosh, you're right.
I knew that the part where Emmett goes into the real world was familiar.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to emit a beacon of light from my seeing orbs.
lol90
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Lego Movie

haxcharsol wrote:

epicepicman wrote:

The story begins when the villan (Plankton/Lord Business) steals something important (Neptune's Crown/the Kragle). Then the story comes to the main character (Spongebob/Emmet) who is faced with a social problem (called a kid/normal guy). The villian then tries to end the world in someway, and Emmet/Spongebob have to save it.

Later, both characters are faced with almost dying (drying up/falling into the real world), but are brought back by a human in a live-action part (David Hasslehoff/the boy). They then save the day and beat the odds against everyone's expectations.

Once you've seen the Spongebob movie, you've sen the Lego movie without knowing it.

The end.
montana10702
Scratcher
21 posts

The Lego Movie

haxcharsol wrote:

banana500 wrote:

I saw it on its opening day…

It just might be one of the best CGI animated films ever made, in my opinion.
I find it hard to believe it's even animated (even though I know it is).
It just looks so life-like it could very well be stop-motion.

I TOTALLY agree. It was such a great movie.
montana10702
Scratcher
21 posts

The Lego Movie

lol90 wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

epicepicman wrote:

Once you've seen the Spongebob movie, you've sen the Lego movie without knowing it.
They were almost EXACTLY the same!
lol90
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Lego Movie

Too bad copy/pasting a formula doesn't exactly keep the freshness of the formula.

The end.
whizzer
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Lego Movie

Everything is awesome!
eboehmer2
Scratcher
8 posts

The Lego Movie

It is GREAT

when green flag clicked
say [Everything is is awesome everything is good when you part of the team ]
StarBot
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Lego Movie

haxcharsol wrote:

lille457 wrote:

Who here like Uni-Kitty?
"Numbers, numbers, numbers, business, numbers. (whispers) Is this working?
”Yes.“
”YAAAAAYY!!!"
lcftf
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Lego Movie

I finally saw it yesterday!!!! it was (everything is) AWESOME!!!!!
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Lego Movie

StarBot wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

lille457 wrote:

Who here like Uni-Kitty?
"Numbers, numbers, numbers, business, numbers. (whispers) Is this working?
”Yes.“
”YAAAAAYY!!!"
^THIS.

Have a cute, curled up Peridot.
StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Lego Movie

lol90 wrote:

haxcharsol wrote:

epicepicman wrote:

Except Lego Movie doesn't have the crude humor. Thank PRIMUS. I get so sick of that.

Somewhere in my 20s | He/It
Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

Surge is my imaginary husband - he's the guy in my icon!
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Lego Movie

8910happy wrote:

I'm pretty sure the movie's in CGI. And, I think the main villain's name is Lord Business (as stated by Morgan Freeman's wizard character). And I honestly can't wait to see Batman in this movie!
Behold, Lord Business

mrhooper
New to Scratch
100+ posts

The Lego Movie

seeing it in like 20 minutes

Pitusky12
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Lego Movie

Everything is awesome!

Future owner of a 2014 Macbook Air 13' i7 1.7GHz 8gb RAM 256gb SSD

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Lego Movie

Pitusky12 wrote:

Everything is awesome!
Everything is cool when you're part of a team!

Somewhere in my 20s | He/It
Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

Surge is my imaginary husband - he's the guy in my icon!
mario91100
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Lego Movie

StarscreamClone wrote:

Pitusky12 wrote:

Everything is awesome!

Everything is awesome!
When you're livin' the dream!
lcftf
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Lego Movie

mario91100 wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

Pitusky12 wrote:

Everything is awesome!

Everything is awesome!
When you're livin' the dream!
3,2,1, GO!
mrhooper
New to Scratch
100+ posts

The Lego Movie

This movie was amazing. We're lucky we got to see it though, this is what happened. So my grandparents took me to the movies and my grandpa dropped off, me, my little brother, and my grandma. So, we were a little late already, and we got our candy and popcorn and stuff, and the guy told us that the lego movie was the first one on the left. So we get into the theater, and nothing whatsoever is making sense. There's this huge battle going on, there's a unicorn thing, and for 5 minutes we were confused as heck. So my grandma asked the guy what was happening, and it turns out that we're in the wrong theater, so we get to the right one and luckily don't miss anything important.

Besides that, I loved the movie.

Kragle!!

And of course Will Ferrel has to sneak his way into every movie. He was hilarious though!

And Btw, SPACESHIP!!!

MoreGamesNow
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Lego Movie

I went to this movie prepared to be annoyed by obnoxious, over-the-top humor and was pleasantly surprised by just that. But “The LEGO Movie” makes it work.

What struck me most was the rendering, which I thought was superb – the worn off paint and the “imperfections” in the textures were remarkably well done (and, needless to say, the animation of the LEGO ocean was really cool!). Add in the reflections and fairly strict adherence to the LEGO range-of-motion, and I was almost convinced that Emmet's morning was the work of remarkable stop-animation. And then they reveal the city and it looks absolutely, stunningly real. At that moment, for me, Emmet (and his universe) went from “a stop animation LEGO short” to a vibrant universe or enormous complexity, though (and importantly), still retaining the feel of a stop-animation video", albeit, a remarkably good one.

“Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn.”
- C.S. Lewis