Discuss Scratch

Snowdrift
Scratcher
79 posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

I love the vector features but, why does the editor have to be veered off to the right? It's kinda trickey to draw like that

Hardmath123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

Not for me! I'm a lefty, so it's actually a bit more comfortable. Same for scripting.
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

Hardmath123
Not for me! I'm a lefty, so it's actually a bit more comfortable. Same for scripting.
Lefties unite! (better add that to my sig…)
It's just that I'm used the 1.4s configuration.

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
deebleweeble
Scratcher
1 post

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

The new version is a great improvement, but what happened to the line tool? Also, you can't just draw dots in a circle/square if you want to. Otherwise, everything is a great success. Keep it up scratch team!
TRocket
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

Nice!, so much easier to use than the old editor!

A person.
Snowdrift
Scratcher
79 posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

deebleweeble
The new version is a great improvement, but what happened to the line tool?
Shift-Click with the pencil tool

Furybird
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

There should be a button that toggles vector and non-vector, because it's easier to edit some images in scratch 1.4

If you are reading this, your connection works.
TheJeapordiser
Scratcher
9 posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

All in all, I'd say Scratch 2.0's paint editor has improved. It has a lot of potential, and, seeing all the suggestions, I think that this is great for Scratch's future. I would like an undo button, and an eraser though. And something else I'd like to add: I know it's very complicated, but I'd like a tool in the paint editor that acts like a fader( I suck at verbs), e.g. make lots of tiny holes in the picture so that you can see SOME of the thing behind it, sort of like the ghost effect, but not the entire picture. I congratulate the makers of Scratch with 2.0!
Agentpieface
Scratcher
70 posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

Firedrake969
Agentpieface
The editor looks awesome! I love that now you can have more than one piece of text and the moving features.
Yep! Wow, you're back! I should test out the moving features. What do you mean by them?

and the second tool down.

scratch veteran - 7000 posts on 1.4 forum - lost interest after that
Rsrilaya
Scratcher
8 posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

I hope that you can add Shortcuts for undo and redo
learnegy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

Is there a way to break up text into multiple lines in the editor? When pressing enter, it exits edit mode and selects the entire text object. Resizing the box scales the text instead of wrapping. Line breaks don't seem to register. Is text wrapping planned? Thanks.

2.0 Alpha Tester • Scratch instructor and fan!

“Some like to build and some like to play. You can do both with Scratch every single day.”
Rsrilaya
Scratcher
8 posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

It would be nice if you add shortcuts for undo and redo
Furybird
Scratcher
39 posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

There's no selection tool!

If you are reading this, your connection works.
Aidoboy
Scratcher
12 posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

Can you make it an option? I always liked using my pixel art, even when it didn't scale properly.

I may be new to scratch 2.0, but I already know lots about it!
Hey mods, is it okay if I link to my website in my signature? There's nothing innapropritate there.
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

cheddargirl
Champ99
We don't currently have plans to support controlled layers. We're trying to balance simplicity and control. Can you describe (or even better create a sample project) with the use case where you think controlled layers would be most useful?

Thanks!
I was trying to test out coloring in the editor, and I'm finding that I have to keep forcing the lineart to the front at all time and forcing certain colors to be on the bottom http://alpha.scratch.mit.edu/projects/10004731/
Ah, bumping an old post of mine. I keep finding a need for more layer control when using the editor; for example, in http://alpha.scratch.mit.edu/projects/10008545/, I had a fairly difficult time with the hair.

I know you guys are trying to balance simplicity with control, but I don't think it would hurt too much to consider adding a function to push an object back/forward by one layer instead of leaving only an option to push an object completely to the top or bottom layer.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
learnegy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

cheddargirl
I keep finding a need for more layer control when using the editor; for example, in http://alpha.scratch.mit.edu/projects/10008545/, I had a fairly difficult time with the hair.

Wow!! I couldn't even draw that in Adobe Illustrator. The fact you can draw that in the Scratch 2 paint editor, shows that real talent goes a long way .

“Some like to build and some like to play. You can do both with Scratch every single day.”
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

Rsrilaya
There should be arrows on the top of the Scratch Editor indicating undo and redo.

Furybird
There's no selection tool!
There is, but it's not quite the same as with a bitmap editor. Click the arrow button in the editor; hold the left mouse button down and drag mouse arrow across the screen over area you want to select. The objects in the area you selected should be highlighted.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
natalie
Scratch Team
100+ posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

cheddargirl
Rsrilaya
There should be arrows on the top of the Scratch Editor indicating undo and redo.

The undo/redo arrows are currently on the main nav bar at the top– are you suggesting that they appear within the image editor too? (It's something I've wondered about, too.)

And I agree that it will be very helpful when the keyboard shortcuts for undo are added!
learnegy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

natalie
are you suggesting that they appear within the image editor too? (It's something I've wondered about, too.)

That should definitely be considered. I actually didn't realize that the arrows in the main navigation bar were connected to the paint editor. If the undo/redo arrows do not function in any other part of the Scratch editor, they would work better within the paint editor window. Here is a link to the SVG-edit online editor as an example: http://svg-edit.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/editor/svg-editor.html (the interface is very simple for new users). Thanks.

Rsrilaya
Scratcher
8 posts

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

Where is the text editor?