Discuss Scratch

supernavoAlt
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cached Variables!! [Saved Games!] / Locally Saved Variables

Support, but what happened to sport variables?
(⚽️ savedata)

I am banned for getting hacked. The thing is I wasn't hacked.
Your Scratch account has been blocked because it appears your account’s login details were leaked to the public, or due to claims the account has been hacked. We have blocked your account to prevent sabotage. To unblock your account or reach out to us with more information, please fill out the appeal form below.
when gf clicked
repeat until <@greenFlag destroyed> {
crush downwards :: cap grey
when gf clicked
}@loopArrow :: control
Sign Out
Make Scratch Bug Free
Set Scratch to Maintenance Mode
Oh, BTW there's 8 things wrong with me.
Minecraft_Master3964
Scratcher
500+ posts

supernavoAlt wrote:

(⚽️ savedata)
Please don't necropost. Necroposting can be when you post off-topic stuff. Create a new topic.

This is my signature

Some games I want people to see and support:
Dungeon Creator
Spongebob RPG (Beta) The Ultimate Adventure!

Mister game boi:
(+['-']⋯)

Mister EYES boi:
((\(o)_(o\)))

Some weird blocks:

move (if <> then {} ::control stack) steps

when times green flag clicked > (10) ::hat events

Some Blocks from other programming languages

try {} except ( v) {} ::control

Best quotes ever:

WhoLetHimOut wrote:

Bump the trilogy Bump, Bump: The sequel and Bump (the trash reboot that everyone hated but still watched
AHypnoman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft_Master3964 wrote:

supernavoAlt wrote:

(⚽️ savedata)
Please don't necropost. Necroposting can be when you post off-topic stuff. Create a new topic.
Not necroposting, but blockspam: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Necropost

supernavoAlt wrote:

Support ~snip~
Please state why you support.

Last edited by AHypnoman (Jan. 19, 2023 18:08:57)

~ AHypnoman (Use Shift+Down Arrow to see the rest of my signature)

I am an evil kumquat, and your siggy looks tasty…
Hello there, I'm AHypnoman, If you write my name remember to capitalize the “H”. “When you don't create things, you become defined by your tastes rather than ability. your tastes only narrow & exclude people. so create.” I write though as tho.
According to the Chrome Console, my viewbox attribute is “Garbage”. Very nice, Chrome.
#TrendyHashtag
Gib internneeet

Play Retorquebit!

blablablahello
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AHypnoman wrote:

supernavoAlt wrote:

(⚽️ savedata)

supernavoAlt wrote:

Support ~snip~
Please state why you support.
not blockspam either, as they are asking about something RELATED to the topic. Sprots variables was a similar suggestion to this, if I remember correctly

atmost this is offtopic (which makes it a necropost lol)

Highlight, Hold shift, Press down arrow to scroll down

HEHEHEHAW

Everytime someone says “I did a quick search”, I question wether they meant they did a quicksearch (The algorithm) or a quick search (Quickly searching)

鸡你
实在是太美哦贝贝
实在是太美
多一眼就会爆炸
近一点会被融化
干嘛
你干嘛哈哈诶有
oh yea哈哈
多一眼就会爆炸
近一点会~融~化~~~

我个人认为,这个意大利面就应该拌四十二号混凝土,因为这个螺丝钉的长度,很容易会直接影响到挖掘机的扭矩,你知道吧,你往里砸的时候,一瞬间,他就会产生大量的高能蛋白,俗称UFO,会严重影响经济的发展,甚至对整个太平洋以及充电器,都会造成一定的核污染,你知道吧,啊,再者说根据勾股定理,你可以很容易的推断出,人工饲养的东条鹰鸡,它是可以捕获野生的三角函数的,所以说这个这个这个,你不管秦始皇的切面是否具有放射性,特朗普的n次方,是否含有沉淀物,都不应影响这个这个沃尔玛跟维尔康在南极汇合,啊!

大家好,我是练习两年半的个人练习生蔡徐坤!我喜欢唱,跳,rap,还有打篮球

早上好中国我喜欢吃冰淇凌!

why are you down here why are you down here why are you down here

-TheEmptyVoidOfSpace
Scratcher
500+ posts

supernavoAlt wrote:

(⚽️ savedata)
necroposting does not exist on the suggestions forum (:

Last Edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:34:12)
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔

• Saturn, it/its
  • cooler than you
  • eats kumquats for breakfast
  • all your base are belong to us

Paddle2See quoted me lesgoo

my first time quoting TOLORS B)

What are you looking at?
superbuddy2
Scratcher
100+ posts

supernavoAlt wrote:

(⚽️ savedata)
What are ‘sport variables’?

Hi! This is my signature - @superbuddy2 - and I am taking applications for my Scratch Operating System, where I plan to make a full-on third-party app store. Go here to submit your application. Also there is a basic trailer here. I will also be publishing updates here.

Some tutorials and scripts.

Share your favourite projects or creators here, for the new Scratch Rewind series.
Minecraft_Master3964
Scratcher
500+ posts

-TheEmptyVoidOfSpace wrote:

supernavoAlt wrote:

(⚽️ savedata)
necroposting does not exist on the suggestions forum (:
Sorry… Their post seemed off-topic, and also like it belonged in QaS, so that's why I said necropost.

Last edited by Minecraft_Master3964 (Jan. 20, 2023 17:06:54)

This is my signature

Some games I want people to see and support:
Dungeon Creator
Spongebob RPG (Beta) The Ultimate Adventure!

Mister game boi:
(+['-']⋯)

Mister EYES boi:
((\(o)_(o\)))

Some weird blocks:

move (if <> then {} ::control stack) steps

when times green flag clicked > (10) ::hat events

Some Blocks from other programming languages

try {} except ( v) {} ::control

Best quotes ever:

WhoLetHimOut wrote:

Bump the trilogy Bump, Bump: The sequel and Bump (the trash reboot that everyone hated but still watched
cookieclickerer33
Scratcher
1000+ posts

supernavoAlt wrote:

(⚽️ savedata)
That wasn’t a necropost.. or a blockspam..

⠀ ⠀ I beat Mario 64 yay! ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ I love you ivy & may :3
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀GEOMETRY DASH

⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ MecanX Disk 0 : Coming march 27th
RobotChickens
Scratcher
500+ posts

MyScratchedAccount wrote:

(#400)
Also, what if multiple people use it and there is swear words In there or if you switch browsers? Is it IP based
No, it is not IP based. This suggestion will literally tell the browser some numbers and say to save them for later (cache them). When the Scratcher switches to another computer, the progress won't be there because it's physically on that one computer. If there are bad words, the project will have to make them In the first place which is against the rules (and probably won't happen).

Last edited by RobotChickens (Jan. 22, 2023 00:32:04)

Replying to SPAM is only adding more off-topic SPAM. Just report it.

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature
Get cool forum emojis HERE
;

Fourmoji is back and updated!!

Google Noto Emoji is superior as you can see

finally fixed the button lol

;
randomguy3513
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AHypnoman wrote:

supernavoAlt wrote:

(⚽️ savedata)
Not block spamming nor necroposting as long as it is constructive, I think the sport variables were connected to the topic, please correct me if not.

(Male) (He/Him) (2000+ posts) (4 Years)
Banner by depresso-boiyo, check him out!
Ctrl+shift+down to check out my projects!

Thanks for scrolling; if you like what I do, please follow me!
Cat-----
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support
This would be fantastic to not have to use codes to put in a document!

I'm inactive. Kinda done with Scratch. Thanks for three fun years!

Hi! Welcome to my signature!

54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support because I want to be able to make projects that use this feature.

Anyways, this IS SAFE because only you can access the newly created information put into the “cached” variables. Also, if it came with bad information, report the project. This feature is IMPOSSIBLE to hack if nobody hacked your computer because this only exists on YOUR computer.

Everything below the grey line right above is my signature. By the way, my signature isn't related to my post in case you didn't know.
Welcome to the world of @54387a!™
Try out my projects.
To donate an internet, go here.
Go here to check if your suggestion is rejected. To check if your topic is a duplicate, use ocular. Remember, don't post on irrelevant topics otherwise that's necroposting. By the way, if you feel like your project/studio was wrongfully taken down, tell the Scratch Team through Contact Us.
Whenever you see something that looks clearly offensive and/or something not Scratch-appropriate, report it.
Purple specimen

Creating Content since October 2022
1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

crabraveprogrammer wrote:

Developing wise, how would the scratch team do this?
They would have to use cookies, but there are some huge disadvantages of cookies.
1. That would take up a lot of space on the users computer. There would have to be a new cookie for every project the user opens.
2. Cookies are very easy to hack. I personally know JavaScript, and it is very easy to hack a cookie by sticking JS in the console window.
For #1, there will only be one cookie created once for each “cached” variable. For #2, the
set [ v] to []
block could also be used.

Last edited by 54387a (April 27, 2023 02:29:33)

Everything below the grey line right above is my signature. By the way, my signature isn't related to my post in case you didn't know.
Try out my projects.
Go here to check if your suggestion is rejected. To check if your topic is a duplicate, use ocular. Remember, don't post on irrelevant topics otherwise that's necroposting. By the way, if you feel like your project/studio was wrongfully taken down, tell the Scratch Team through Contact Us.
Whenever you see something that looks clearly offensive and/or something not Scratch-appropriate, report it.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratchifier wrote:

epninja wrote:

thirdlion wrote:

hay Epninja in support of you i think that you should comment on lighten's page the head of scratch's account and tell him about your idea

Lightnin isn't in charge of Scratch, there's not really a head, as it's a team project, but from what I've seen mres is the most respectable member.

thirdlion wrote:

wait i have a question with these blocks in function then you could hack or mess with someone's account with the right scripts

That's not really what I intend them to do.

Well, that's what hackers would intend for them to do. Just because it's not the purpose you intend doesn't mean that it won't be used in that way.

Personally, I don't want random Scratchers storing hundreds of cookies on my browser. Therefore I would not play any projects with Cached Variables in them, provided that there would be a message to tell me when projects contained them. And therefore I do not support.

Edit: If you are very concerned that people get the full experience of your games, add a note at the start of the project telling them that the game is large and that if they want to save their game, they will either have to download the project or staple the internet tab that they are on. Then you can also implement a feature where the green flag won't reset all the data, but instead, a reset button inside the project will.
The cookie variables are NOT bad because they are only just simple data.

Try out my projects.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

thirdlion wrote:

epninja wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

epninja wrote:

thirdlion wrote:

hay Epninja in support of you i think that you should comment on lighten's page the head of scratch's account and tell him about your idea

Lightnin isn't in charge of Scratch, there's not really a head, as it's a team project, but from what I've seen mres is the most respectable member.

thirdlion wrote:

wait i have a question with these blocks in function then you could hack or mess with someone's account with the right scripts

That's not really what I intend them to do.

Well, that's what hackers would intend for them to do. Just because it's not the purpose you intend doesn't mean that it won't be used in that way.

Personally, I don't want random Scratchers storing hundreds of cookies on my browser. Therefore I would not play any projects with Cached Variables in them, provided that there would be a message to tell me when projects contained them. And therefore I do not support.

Edit: If you are very concerned that people get the full experience of your games, add a note at the start of the project telling them that the game is large and that if they want to save their game, they will either have to download the project or staple the internet tab that they are on. Then you can also implement a feature where the green flag won't reset all the data, but instead, a reset button inside the project will.

You've got the wrong idea. They will not be tied to your account They seriously won't contain anything that is worth hacking and nothing that can be used to attack others. If you could hack someone with the word “Chair”, then sure, hackers can use them to hack people, but you can't.

i think it is a good idea but it could maybe give private info away love it though you should get this idea out there!
It is NOT able to give away information on its own because it is ONLY able to exist on your computer.

Try out my projects.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
blablablahello
Scratcher
1000+ posts

54387a wrote:

crabraveprogrammer wrote:

Developing wise, how would the scratch team do this?
They would have to use cookies, but there are some huge disadvantages of cookies.
1. That would take up a lot of space on the users computer. There would have to be a new cookie for every project the user opens.
2. Cookies are very easy to hack. I personally know JavaScript, and it is very easy to hack a cookie by sticking JS in the console window.
For #1, there will only be one cookie created once fore each “cached” variable. For #2, the
set [ v] to []
block could also be used.
for #1:
Yet if I, for example, open 50 projects with cached variables, thats still 50 extra cookies
for #2:
That doesn't help with the fact that you can easily manipulate cookies to give you what you want

54387a wrote:

snip-
The cookie variables are NOT bad because they are only just simple data.
That doesn't stop me from taking up your computer's memory, now imagine if I store hundreds or even thousands of cached variables on your computer? and even if there is a limit on how much variables I can have (I believe you've stated its 1), I can still add a whole lotta data to it, theres literally a minecraft hack which freezes other people's games for a few seconds by sending characters with extremely high unicode serials (and its only a few hundred characters, the hack doesn't even spam)

Im not saying I do not support this, I very much do, if anyone understands the pain of savecodes, I do (not me spending over 30 hours trying to do savecodes back in 2020), however, security risks should be adressed

Last edited by blablablahello (March 1, 2023 05:59:13)

HEHEHEHAW

Everytime someone says “I did a quick search”, I question wether they meant they did a quicksearch (The algorithm) or a quick search (Quickly searching)

鸡你
实在是太美哦贝贝
实在是太美
多一眼就会爆炸
近一点会被融化
干嘛
你干嘛哈哈诶有
oh yea哈哈
多一眼就会爆炸
近一点会~融~化~~~

我个人认为,这个意大利面就应该拌四十二号混凝土,因为这个螺丝钉的长度,很容易会直接影响到挖掘机的扭矩,你知道吧,你往里砸的时候,一瞬间,他就会产生大量的高能蛋白,俗称UFO,会严重影响经济的发展,甚至对整个太平洋以及充电器,都会造成一定的核污染,你知道吧,啊,再者说根据勾股定理,你可以很容易的推断出,人工饲养的东条鹰鸡,它是可以捕获野生的三角函数的,所以说这个这个这个,你不管秦始皇的切面是否具有放射性,特朗普的n次方,是否含有沉淀物,都不应影响这个这个沃尔玛跟维尔康在南极汇合,啊!

早上好中国我喜欢吃冰淇凌!

SAVVYSCLUTTER
Scratcher
500+ posts

I couldn't use this as my browser is set to clear cookies and cache on exit.

This suggestion is similar but would store data in a user's account.

Last edited by SAVVYSCLUTTER (March 1, 2023 07:14:56)

I deleted my account on 9 June 2023. My best projects are still on Scratch. Visit my website for my latest work.
imakegameslol88888
Scratcher
84 posts

wow

I respectfully don't know that my forum is a duplicate. The duplicate is probably too old for me to see

This is game.
define among us
say [How do i create among us with HITBOXES TASKS ONLINE, EVERYTHINGGGGGGG!]
blablablahello
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SAVVYSCLUTTER wrote:

The difference would be where the info is stored. Storing in browser would allow for more storage space and freedom in exchange for the lack of safety and the issue of clearing cookies, meanwhile, storing on the scratch servers would get rid of the issue of manipulating cookies and clearing them, HOWEVER, it will most definitly introduce a very limiting size limit to the variables

HEHEHEHAW

鸡你
实在是太美哦贝贝
实在是太美
多一眼就会爆炸
近一点会被融化
干嘛
你干嘛哈哈诶有
oh yea哈哈
多一眼就会爆炸
近一点会~融~化~~~

早上好中国我喜欢吃冰淇凌!

5_g
Scratcher
1000+ posts

blablablahello wrote:

SAVVYSCLUTTER wrote:

The difference would be where the info is stored. Storing in browser would allow for more storage space and freedom in exchange for the lack of safety and the issue of clearing cookies, meanwhile, storing on the scratch servers would get rid of the issue of manipulating cookies and clearing them, HOWEVER, it will most definitly introduce a very limiting size limit to the variables
This topic is 7 years old, how come we havent gotten a st response for this (please correct me if there is a st post about this)

Why would there be a size limit (that anyone could easily get to)? Browser cookies can easily be dozens of megabytes and a save code doesnt take much more than 200 bytes so a cookie would easily be able to fit many save codes even if they are all uncompiled?