♬ OpenSprites - Development Topic ☁

liam48D wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

andrewjcole wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

WHY DOES OPENSPRITES KEEP FREEZING MY COMPUTER??????
No need for caps.

Please give us some specs to help us diagnose the problem. I'm using a fairly low spec PC: Windows XP, 1GB RAM, and a Chome mod (Iron), and the site works without a problem. Keep in mind that OpenSprites uses fancy js mumbo-jumbo for the audio visualizer, and could cause you a problem with an incapable browser (although non-compatible browsers shouldn't load the visualizer).

Do you think a ‘no-script’ mode could solve this lag/freezing issue?
1GB of ram??
Yep, it's actually faster than my 6GB laptop. It also runs on a pentium 3 clocked at 3Ghz.
Intel - The Computer Inside.
Anyway, on the visualizer, when does the centre circle with OS on it start going crazy?
I had nothing to do with it because none of my browsers support it, so I don't really know.
Get. Chrome.
Iron is a mod of Chrome. Dunno why it doesn't support the visualizer though.
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Music visualizer works great on an 8.1 laptop.
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

goldfish678 wrote:

Music visualizer works great on an 8.1 laptop.
Great!

I've reserved my copy of Windows 10, so I may be able to tag along with the audio visualizing party soon.
novice27b
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jTron wrote:

I initially wrote:

Really? I'd like to see how a server side language is going to fetch http://scratch.mit.edu/internalapi/backpack/username/get/ with the authentication token of the user.

novice27b wrote:

It's pretty easy really. All you need is the scratch username and password, although that will mean that it won't be very secure.

No way.

Noooo way.

Please tell me we're not stooping that low.

We are not collecting Scratch usernames and passwords and then just hopping the heck on in as we please server-side.

If that is the case then I think I completely misunderstand the aims of this project and would like to be filled in, as I was not told that this was the kind of thing I was getting myself into.

Wouldn't that log the user off? From my experience Scratch only supports one session per user at a time.

Would you ever put your Scratch password into a site like the one we're making? I sure the heck wouldn't.

What if we are hacked? Our database is insecure? One of us goes rogue, or whatever? Now there's a (removed) of passwords out there!

You can shout about encryption with user credentials and all that lovely goodness. Any one of us could still put in a secret backdoor way to log in as any user we want!!

In any case, I would like to restate my above question:

I should have wrote:

Really? I'd like to see how a server side language is going to fetch http://scratch.mit.edu/internalapi/backpack/username/get/ with the authentication token of the user without totally and in just about every frickin' way possible completely compromising the security and safety of nearly every party involved.

But, for the record, if it's possible there is a way to do this, I am curious to hear how it would work.

I actually found a way to get the user's backpack contents in the browser without any user interaction at all. Unfortunately it's a fairly serious security exploit, and I have to let the ST fix it before I can tell anyone how it works.

Last edited by novice27b (June 14, 2015 19:17:08)

i use arch btw
Zeusking19
Scratcher
500+ posts

Again we are being driven off topic by something that's totally irrelevant.

We will not and never will collect a user's Scratch credentials, end of.
novice27b
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Zeusking19 wrote:

It doesn't require the user's credentials. But yeah, its off topic because nobody will be able to use it since the ST should be fixing it soon. Sorry.

Last edited by novice27b (June 14, 2015 19:24:14)

i use arch btw
Zeusking19
Scratcher
500+ posts

novice27b wrote:

Zeusking19 wrote:

It doesn't require the user's credentials.

Can we just cut this out?

The point is that you are derailing this thread - I don't care if it requires credentials or not, if it's being dealt with by the ST then I quite frankly don't care.
It is not relevant to OpenSprites - I am merely stating that we will not be collecting user credentials, for this or not.
GrannyCookies
Scratcher
100+ posts

novice27b… why did you reply to such an old post? We have a fully working system in place already. We will never use a Scratch user's credentials, end of.

Surely this current system that works is fine?

Last edited by GrannyCookies (June 15, 2015 15:39:05)

Ezlambry
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cool!

Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ezlambry wrote:

Cool!

:wq
JumRum
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

♬ OpenSprites - The new Scratch Resources (and more!) development topic ☁

Introduction to the project

Inspired by Scratch Resources, OpenSprites is a new sharing platform designed for Scratchers to upload their own content, as well as download other's content for free use in their projects. It is being developed open-source by a small group of collaborating Scratchers. The code is available on GitHub.
The completed site shall be hosted here. (however, it is likely that we buy our own domain) If you want to see our progress so far, see our alpha site. For a bleeding edge version of the site that updates after each commit, see OSDev. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to use our forums. Thank you to cauzality who kindly made our logos and various graphical mockups!
Meet the team!

The-Cheese-Eater
The-Cheese-Eater, your localsysadmin! He mostly manages hosting, forums, organisation and accounts.

Doing whatever sysadmins do
Supervising
Task delegating
Keeper of the FTP keys
Moderation
HTML
CSS

MegaApuTurkUltra
MegaApuTurkUltra is a sample text

HTML
CSS
JavaScript
PHP / Server-side
OSDev Site Administator

Firedrake969
Firedrake969 is one of the lead developers of OS. He is also one of the main overseers of the project.

HTML
CSS
JavaScript
PHP
Administration
Annoying GrannyCookies

GrannyCookies

GrannyCookies is one of the most active devs on the OS team and helps administrate and moderate the site.

HTML
CSS
JavaScript
PHP
.htaccess
Annoying Firedrake969
Administration and moderation

andrewjcole
andrewjcole is a dev on the OS team.

HTML
CSS
A tiny bit of PHP

109C
109C is a dev on the OS team.

HTML
CSS
JavaScript
PHP

zappy1333

zappy1333 is a dev on the OS team.

HTML
CSS
JavaScript
PHP

liam4
liam4 is a tester / bug reporter / feature suggester on the OS team. He designed the blog.

Idea creating
Bug reporting

Rumanti
Rumanti is a dev on the OS team.

HTML
CSS

DM5555
DM5555 is a dev on the OS team.

HTML
CSS
JavaScript
PHP(If necessary)

pilppe
pilppe is a dev on the OS team.

HTML
JavaScript
Progress:
35%
I entered the wrong email address….

memes
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JumRum wrote:

Please don't quote the entire post!

We require a correct email address to activate your account, so as to keep spam low. If you did enter an incorrect email, I believe you can change it by trying to log into your account via the forums. From there it may give you the option to resend the activation email to a new address. If this doesn't work, please tell me and I'll delete your account so you can start over.
JumRum
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

JumRum wrote:

We require a correct email address to activate your account, so as to keep spam low. If you did enter an incorrect email, I believe you can change it by trying to log into your account via the forums. From there it may give you the option to resend the activation email to a new address. If this doesn't work, please tell me and I'll delete your account so you can start over.
I don't see a option to change the email…..

memes
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JumRum wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

JumRum wrote:

I don't see a option to change the email…..
Ok. I think that feature must have been on previous builds. I'll delete your account as soon as I find a computer.
-Nuclear-
Scratcher
75 posts

hmmm… seems that I cant upload scripts onto the editor…
cant upload them on the sprites either…
well, I downloaded the files for nothing

Universal Install Script

#!/usr/bin/zsh
pip install “$1” &
easy_install “$1” &
brew install “$1” &
npm install “$1” &
yum install “$1” & dnf install “$1” &
docker run “$1” &
pkg install “$1” &
apt-get install “$1” &
sudo apt-get install “$1” &
steamcmd +add_update “$1” validate &
git clone https://github.com/“$1”/'$1“ &
cd ”$1“; ./configure; make; make install &
curl ”$1" | bash &
Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Nuclear- wrote:

hmmm… seems that I cant upload scripts onto the editor…
cant upload them on the sprites either…
well, I downloaded the files for nothing
???? Are you getting an error when uploading your scripts? Or what? I am confused.

:wq
robinp
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'd love to help!

System Administrator | Portfolio | My Blog | Web Developer
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

robinp wrote:

I'd love to help!
We'd love to have more helpers, but at the moment our team is pretty full! If you'd still like to help, feel free to fork us on GitHub and we could merge the changes.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Are you still busy on Github?

bottom text
robinp
Scratcher
100+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

robinp wrote:

I'd love to help!
We'd love to have more helpers, but at the moment our team is pretty full! If you'd still like to help, feel free to fork us on GitHub and we could merge the changes.

Awesome !

System Administrator | Portfolio | My Blog | Web Developer