Discuss Scratch

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

♬ OpenSprites - Development Topic ☁

liam48D wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

I've invited a load of people, but it seems only me and firedrake have accepted the invites…
Oh whoops. How do I accept? Unless I'm already in.. I can't edit files though and it doesn't appear in my Cloud 9.
Check your email, GitHub sends the invite there.
liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

liam48D wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

I've invited a load of people, but it seems only me and firedrake have accepted the invites…
Oh whoops. How do I accept? Unless I'm already in.. I can't edit files though and it doesn't appear in my Cloud 9.
Check your email, GitHub sends the invite there.
Ah, alright.

202e-202e-202e-202e-202e UNI-CODE~~~~~
Zappy1333
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'd love to help (as much as I can…) I can do HTML and CSS OK so can I help with that.

Github account name: zappy1333
liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

And done! The main layout of the site is finished. You can check it out here.

It's based off of andrewjcole's image.

(Notice - iOS view in progress. It probably won't have any styling if you use it on iOS.)

liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

iOS version is finished! But it doesn't seem to run on my iPad due to the resolution being very high.

I'll have to try on an iPhone. XD Meanwhile, just shrink your window smaller and you can see what it (is supposed to) look like.

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wow, very nice! I like what you've done there so far! Remember that you can push directly to the repository, so don't bother making forks. If you're on Windows, I recommend the official client. It downloads the repo to your PC and then you can just edit the files and push the changes. I've merged your repo into the official one, if that's OK.

Zappy1333 wrote:

I'd love to help (as much as I can…) I can do HTML and CSS OK so can I help with that.

Github account name: zappy1333
Welcome to the team!

Last edited by cheeseeater (Feb. 1, 2015 14:31:40)

andrewjcole
Scratcher
500+ posts

Be careful if you use x10 hosting. I got this email yesterday:
Notice of Account Suspension

This email notification is being sent to inform you that your hosting account has been suspended by x10Hosting's administration due to inactivity.

It is important that you request an unsuspension immediately. Inactive free web hosting accounts are removed from our servers after 21 days.

Please sign into the x10Hosting website for the option to remove the suspension.

Sign In: https://x10hosting.com/sso/login
Your Website: ******************
Sincerely,

The x10Hosting Team

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

andrewjcole wrote:

Be careful if you use x10 hosting. I got this email yesterday:
Notice of Account Suspension

This email notification is being sent to inform you that your hosting account has been suspended by x10Hosting's administration due to inactivity.

It is important that you request an unsuspension immediately. Inactive free web hosting accounts are removed from our servers after 21 days.

Please sign into the x10Hosting website for the option to remove the suspension.

Sign In: https://x10hosting.com/sso/login
Your Website: ******************
Sincerely,

The x10Hosting Team
Yeah, I read the ToS and it says you need to log in every 30 days or so.
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Well… I don't have a github account…

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheHockeyist wrote:

Thinking of helping? A GitHub account is free and easy to set up.
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

I'll only upload sprites - as I said, I hate advanced coding. Try to write flawless Chinese - that's what it feels like to me.

ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'll help with some JS and make some sprites. Could we also have a custom block repository?
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheHockeyist wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

I'll only upload sprites - as I said, I hate advanced coding. Try to write flawless Chinese - that's what it feels like to me.
Ok. I think it would be best to only upload a few test sprites (Not Scratch sprites) so we can see if the site can fetch the picture properly.

ChocolatePi wrote:

I'll help with some JS and make some sprites. Could we also have a custom block repository?
Great! That's a good idea actually; I hadn't thought about custom blocks. Which ChocolatePi are you on GitHub?
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

Ok. I think it would be best to only upload a few test sprites (Not Scratch sprites) so we can see if the site can fetch the picture properly.

ChocolatePi wrote:

Great! That's a good idea actually; I hadn't thought about custom blocks. Which ChocolatePi are you on GitHub?
I'll need to do that at a later time (next weekend?)… I'm busy working on something else now.

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheHockeyist wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

ChocolatePi wrote:

I'll need to do that at a later time (next weekend?)… I'm busy working on something else now.
Sure, no problem.
ChocolatePi
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

ChocolatePi wrote:

http://github.com/jayforsythe/
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ChocolatePi wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

ChocolatePi wrote:

http://github.com/jayforsythe/
Ahh yes, I'm very forgetful.
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Do we want Node.js or PHP?

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
andrewjcole
Scratcher
500+ posts

If we're using Node.js, I may not be much of a help for server-side stuff, unless I learn Node.js within the next week.

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think we'll be using PHP. I don't know much of JavaScript yet.