Discuss Scratch

andrewjcole
Scratcher
500+ posts

♬ OpenSprites - Development Topic ☁

My quick MS paint mockup. The limit of my creativity today

EDIT: Oops! Didn't notice you guys had something in mind.

Last edited by andrewjcole (Jan. 31, 2015 18:20:20)

cauzality
Scratcher
100+ posts

lol gotta leave for a party so this will probably be my last post of the weekend, but:

simple, effective, attractive… do the media view pages for sounds and images (the audio player plugin look we probably won't have to design) and user pages maybe and you might have just put me out of job ce?
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

andrewjcole wrote:

My quick MS paint mockup. The limit of my creativity today

EDIT: Oops! Didn't notice you guys had something in mind.

Wow, that's a pretty neat design! That will definitely give me and cauzality some good ideas for what to design in the final mockup!

cauzality wrote:

lol gotta leave for a party so this will probably be my last post of the weekend, but:

simple, effective, attractive… do the media view pages for sounds and images (the audio player plugin look we probably won't have to design) and user pages maybe and you might have just put me out of job ce?
I think we'll use the main theme on all the pages on the site, so I'll wait for your mockup before styling. You should also make sure to combine some of andrewjcole's elements into your mockup, since I like his page layout plan. Thanks.
cauzality
Scratcher
100+ posts

agreed. i like it. be back in a couple days.
andrewjcole
Scratcher
500+ posts

I guess now we can do some light server side planning? Does confirming accounts with Scratch sound good?

Last edited by andrewjcole (Jan. 31, 2015 18:52:23)

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

andrewjcole wrote:

I guess now we can do some light server side planning? Does confirming accounts with Scratch sound good?
Yep, server side has the green light to go! I was thinking about a confirmation project, a bit like the ModShare confirmation project. We could ask jvvg how it works and then implement the idea into the site. I also thought about cookie authentication, but the cookies don't store username information, as it seems.
andrewjcole
Scratcher
500+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

andrewjcole wrote:

Yep, server side has the green light to go! I was thinking about a confirmation project, a bit like the ModShare confirmation project. We could ask jvvg how it works and then implement the idea into the site. I also thought about cookie authentication, but the cookies don't store username information, as it seems.
You could also parse the data from the Scratch page. Like to get the username from the navigation menu. Not too accurate, I guess. I dunno

It could use something like this: http://jsfiddle.net/8e15yhxn/

cheeseeater wrote:

…a bit like the ModShare confirmation project.
Check out this page.

Last edited by andrewjcole (Jan. 31, 2015 19:30:47)

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

andrewjcole wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

andrewjcole wrote:

You could also parse the data from the Scratch page. Like to get the username from the navigation menu. Not too accurate, I guess. I dunno

cheeseeater wrote:

Check out this page.
We could ask jvvg how his software works to check the confirmation code, perhaps? IMO, verification isn't top priority, apart from the ability to impersonate other users. If we can't figure anything out, I'll email the Scratch team and see if they can suggest an authentication method.

Last edited by cheeseeater (Jan. 31, 2015 19:38:18)

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Well, count me in uploading sprites, but don't let me program! I'd probably crash the website if I coded things in!

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheHockeyist wrote:

Well, count me in uploading sprites, but don't let me program! I'd probably crash the website if I coded things in!
Good to see that we have our first user!
andrewjcole
Scratcher
500+ posts

A little early to think about it, but would it be smart to use a CDN like CloudFlare?

cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

andrewjcole wrote:

A little early to think about it, but would it be smart to use a CDN like CloudFlare?
That would be nice, but I only have a £50 budget, and some of that is being spent on a RPi A+ When the site is up and fully running I'll look into a CloudFlare free account. After all, fast downloads are nice. Let's concentrate on getting a functional site first.
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

Woah, looks nice! Could I do frontend?
Sure! Sorry, I didn't see your post. What is your GitHub account name?
I don't know how to say this, but I don't have a GitHub account.
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

goldfish678 wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

It's free to make an account. If you want to be able to edit our code, then GitHub is the only way, I'm afraid.
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

It's free to make an account. If you want to be able to edit our code, then GitHub is the only way, I'm afraid.
Yeah, but again, my parents would probably freak out and say “WHAT IS THIS WHY DID YOU JOIN WITHOUT ASKING US WHAAAT” if I joined. Yes, I'm that young of an ATer.
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

goldfish678 wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

Yeah, but again, my parents would probably freak out and say “WHAT IS THIS WHY DID YOU JOIN WITHOUT ASKING US WHAAAT” if I joined. Yes, I'm that young of an ATer.
Tell them its an educational code sharing site, that allows you to collaborate in a safe environment with other approved Scratchers.
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

Tell them its an educational code sharing site, that allows you to collaborate in a safe environment with other approved Scratchers.
I might ask. Hm.
goldfish678
Scratcher
1000+ posts

andrewjcole wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

andrewjcole wrote:

cheeseeater wrote:

Check out this page.
Good idea.
cheeseeater
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I've invited a load of people, but it seems only me and firedrake have accepted the invites…
liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cheeseeater wrote:

I've invited a load of people, but it seems only me and firedrake have accepted the invites…
Oh whoops. How do I accept? Unless I'm already in.. I can't edit files though and it doesn't appear in my Cloud 9.

202e-202e-202e-202e-202e UNI-CODE~~~~~