Discuss Scratch

singscratch
Scratcher
22 posts

Be able to block cerain people from your chat box

Hello Scratch! I have this problem with a guy and his “scratch page”. He makes Christians look really bad! claming that he is “God” and that he has a “church” for his followers. Being a christian, this really hurts. And I would LOVE to block the people who keep on telling me that “its just a Joke”! If it really is a “joke” then its not funny. Thanks for lisening! Im 12 btw.
qwertyy_the_artist
Scratcher
100+ posts

please use report button on hurtful comments.

,—————————.
| happy pride month! |
'—————————'
i may give incorrect information at times. i'm trying my best
singscratch
Scratcher
22 posts

yes but, he takes it as a BIG joke. And dose not take it seirous at all
EDawg2011
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm sorry for your struggles, but when suggesting a suggestion that has been rejected, please provide a solution to the problem/s that got it rejected.

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions wrote:

8.6 Blocking or ignoring Scratchers

This suggestion refers to an optional system that makes it so that you do not have to see comments that a particular user posts. This feature existed in Scratch 1.4, but the Scratch Team found that it buried any problems rather than solving them. Even if you block a user, that does not stop them from harassing other Scratchers. If someone is being disrespectful, be sure to report that user with the Report button, or use the Contact Us link if the situation requires more explanation.

However, a system to block users while simultaneously reporting them is NOT rejected; you can discuss them on this topic.

View source
Here's a tip: don't reply to their comments so that they might get eventually bored.

Please note that I may sometimes make a mistake and give wrong information.

Can you please put this at/near the top of your signature and tell people that tag spam isn't allowed and it manipulates the algorithm, to start a chain and spread the word? - Thanks, @EDawg2011.

But then I had a very good idea. I used F5. See, using F5 gave me a whole new perspective and I was able to see a chest I couldn't have seen before.

(Highlight text + down arrow + shift to see the rest of my signature.)

Help find out who ate @cheddargirl's signature! l JOIN WORLD DOMINATION INC. TODAY! l Donate your soul! l me when i accidentally spread misinformation l Platformer Skibidi

<0-0::sensing>//This is Charles; he protects my signature from evil kumquats.
when I'm spawned::events hat//This is the code Charles' brain runs on.
forever
if <[100] > (distance to [an evil kumquat v])> then
delete the evil kumquat::control
end
end

Be moist.

singscratch
Scratcher
22 posts

oh. dident know that it was regected. but its not ONLY what he says. its mostly how he lies about others and hurts and defilles my religion. and i dont know but there mite be others. so ill ask a nother thing insted. Can you give people the abillaty to report a PROFILE in gerneral. because it wouls take too loog to report all his comments.
singscratch
Scratcher
22 posts

im just trying to be a good person and get this guy to stop. others want him to stop as well
qwertyy_the_artist
Scratcher
100+ posts

singscratch wrote:

oh. dident know that it was regected. but its not ONLY what he says. its mostly how he lies about others and hurts and defilles my religion. and i dont know but there mite be others. so ill ask a nother thing insted. Can you give people the abillaty to report a PROFILE in gerneral. because it wouls take too loog to report all his comments.
if somebody is harassing you, you need to report their comments. it would take too long for the st to find the comments themselves, so they can make sure you're telling the truth.

100th post! :D

Last edited by qwertyy_the_artist (Feb. 16, 2024 01:48:47)

,—————————.
| happy pride month! |
'—————————'
i may give incorrect information at times. i'm trying my best
IceCreamTub
Scratcher
1000+ posts

singscratch wrote:

It's the best thing you can do, reporting a comment only takes a click & unlike reporting a project, you don't need to fill anything out

!! CAUTION: You are currently viewing a POST made by a DEMENTED person !!
My brain was melted by a yellow man from vulcan
Icy | AKA: Phicicle | Back To The Future Fanboy | Vector Artist

singscratch
Scratcher
22 posts

cool, thanks!
I_am_a_catkitty
Scratcher
22 posts

Yeah that's actually a good idea, this one guy was spamming me
I_am_a_catkitty she/her
hydrofungus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I_am_a_catkitty wrote:

Yeah that's actually a good idea, this one guy was spamming me
I_am_a_catkitty she/her
No
And make a signature, don’t do that

trying to abandon this account permanently.
LP372
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What's the user

Projects I want people to see:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1018171720
hydrofungus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LP372 wrote:

What's the user
That’ll be naming and shaming - so it’s best not to reveal.

trying to abandon this account permanently.