Discuss Scratch

-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

\\\~:-GlowShop 3.0-:~/// || Open for Spring Break!

BlauHourglass wrote:

-YourLocalPhantom- wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

just-a-hriday wrote:

There's no real way to detect color in scratch. You could check every possible color using the touching color block, but that would be incredibly slow.

If you only have a few possible colors though, we can make color detection work.
Can't you assign each color a different ID?
Colors in Scratch already kind of have IDs, like 1 is black and 16777216 is white (or the other way around).
Can't we then store the IDs in a list, with the coordinates attached to the IDs?
The request is to figure out what the object is and put it in a list.

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

Go check out my projects!
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-cloudcoding- wrote:

The request is to figure out what the object is and put it in a list.
But if the IDs are already attached with the object, there'd be no need, right?

-YourLocalPhantom-
Scratcher
500+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

just-a-hriday wrote:

There's no real way to detect color in scratch. You could check every possible color using the touching color block, but that would be incredibly slow.

If you only have a few possible colors though, we can make color detection work.
Colors in Scratch already kind of have IDs, like 1 is black and 16777216 is white (or the other way around).
Can't we then store the IDs in a list, with the coordinates attached to the IDs?
Pretty sure storing the ids in a list is how that Griffpatch’s image scanner works

Does my PFP have enough glow and bright light?
just-a-hriday
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

just-a-hriday wrote:

That's exactly what I meant when I talked about checking every color. And as I said, this approach is extremely slow.
-YourLocalPhantom-
Scratcher
500+ posts

just-a-hriday wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

just-a-hriday wrote:

That's exactly what I meant when I talked about checking every color. And as I said, this approach is extremely slow.
It can be sped up afaik, check Griffpatch’s tutorial about it

Does my PFP have enough glow and bright light?
-hxckerdoge-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Ok so I know I’m on break but I wanna say a few things about the Glow Team

No, the reason we couldn’t make a basic Platformer isn’t an organization issue. It’s not that we aren’t skilled enough. In reality, it’s none of our fault.
It’s the unfortunate time we tried making the game during.

So, we started making the game when TK was slowly becoming more and more inactive. Since we were leaving important game decisions up to him, we often had to wait a long time before we could start discussing stuff further because we had to wait for TKs reply. Other members were also becoming inactive. This, combined with how small the team was, resulted in the active members getting overwhelmed with work. Then, we just somewhat forgot about the project.

But nowadays, the Glow Shop, due to firing a lot of inactive users and only letting active ones stay, has many more active individuals. If we tried to make a game, with a fresh new concept and enough dedication, we could probably do this.

Thanks for hearing me out

I'm down to help if we start a new collab
semisupervised
Scratcher
100+ posts

-hxckerdoge- wrote:

Ok so I know I’m on break but I wanna say a few things about the Glow Team

No, the reason we couldn’t make a basic Platformer isn’t an organization issue. It’s not that we aren’t skilled enough. In reality, it’s none of our fault.
It’s the unfortunate time we tried making the game during.

So, we started making the game when TK was slowly becoming more and more inactive. Since we were leaving important game decisions up to him, we often had to wait a long time before we could start discussing stuff further because we had to wait for TKs reply. Other members were also becoming inactive. This, combined with how small the team was, resulted in the active members getting overwhelmed with work. Then, we just somewhat forgot about the project.

But nowadays, the Glow Shop, due to firing a lot of inactive users and only letting active ones stay, has many more active individuals. If we tried to make a game, with a fresh new concept and enough dedication, we could probably do this.

Thanks for hearing me out

I'm down to help if we start a new collab
I'm def down too, although we would need to do something different organizationally.

(Highlight + Shift + down arrow)
call me semi!

i'm coding staff at the Glow Shop. Check it out!
I'm a puzzle platformer critic ig. I write reviews for puzzle platformers. Check it out, if you're curious: Here

he's absolutely floored rn(°^°)

I'm he/him. period.

add [dissilusioned] to [semi's player attributes v]
depresso-boiyo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My brain hurts- also TKTK said he wanted black and white

Edit: we can make another glow team, however it will have to wait until summer when we are all less busy

Last edited by depresso-boiyo (April 27, 2024 20:35:24)

TGS banner made by co0lcr34t10ns
semisupervised
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'VE GOT IT (the color thing)
give me a second to excecute…

call me semi!

I'm a puzzle platformer critic ig. I write reviews for puzzle platformers. Check it out, if you're curious: Here

I'm he/him. period.

TKTK1234567
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kinosaurs515 wrote:

TKTK1234567 wrote:

Order form:
Username:TKTK1234567
Package: Coding
What colors: I don't get what to put here.
Amount of time: no time limit
Theme: I want to have a thingy where you can draw something with pen then detect what was drawn and add it to a list.
Where we notify you: here
Is there a specific staff member that you would prefer to make this product? If so, then write their username here: kinosaurs515
But I have read the TOS.
Sorry, but I need more detail? You just add pen to a list. What exactly do you mean? (like, make it so that you can load it again, just save it, etc? What way should I do it?)
read up a tiny bit above your post you should find more info.

Last edited by TKTK1234567 (April 27, 2024 22:09:33)

Generation IX (9): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Image generator for forms here!
I have something that shoots evil kumquats automatically so I have none.
Check out the Glow Shop.
If I helped please give me CREDIT( or if I didn't help I would love it.
To create your own signature go here:
(join [https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/settings/] (join (username) [/]))
Join my ⚔️Scratcher Defense Army⚔️And The Boat Empire( ask in comment section).
when green flag clicked
forever
if <(I Need Help) = [Yes]> then
Get Help::custom
end
when green flag clicked
forever
if <(Response) = [true]> then
say [ok]
set [Response v] to [false]
end
end
just-a-hriday
Scratcher
100+ posts

depresso-boiyo wrote:

Edit: we can make another glow team, however it will have to wait until summer when we are all less busy
Summer break is going on right now here. School starts in June.
ItBeJC
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think Glow Team should start now. I have a bad habit of playing video games all summer instead of being productive…being in school actually motivates me to be on Scratch more than being on summer break.

Last edited by ItBeJC (April 28, 2024 01:24:25)

Game Is Game.

My King Message:
King like Kendrick, Drake took the L;hotline bling I'm like Rod Wave cuz I sing but I'm black yea we got a brotha as a king I needa queen like elizabeth can't be broke or else I might choke yea I'm with the times I'm woke yea I speak and I spoke I'm Light Yagami cuz' I write a note yea my life is an anime, spiderman and aunt may, this ain't no game no I do not play yea like the mando this is the way and I could freestyle like this all day cuz i got that crown and this golden ring cuz I'm king. –>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–>–> {Shift + Down Arrow To See The Gang}

Da Gang: (There's no order, just a list so don't take any offense)
@OneTapTK
@kanomaster
@Mrhaxalot123
@depresso-boiyo
@-YourLocalPhantom
@TheGl1tchedDrag0n
@-GaIaxy_cat- (spelled with capitol i and not a lowercase L)
@glitcX
@MistaLOD
@TeslaDummy
@-cloudcoding-
@kinosaurs515
@semisupervised
@-The_Destroyer-
@iiucandyfloss
@xxxxxxx-70
@just-a-hriday
semisupervised
Scratcher
100+ posts

semisupervised wrote:

I've got something sort of half working, I think I need some help https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1009632996/

call me semi!

I'm he/him. period.

kinosaurs515
Scratcher
1000+ posts

depresso-boiyo wrote:

I'M DOWN FOR THAT! (for me summer is like 7 months away :skull

Hi! I'm kinosaurs515!

These are my trusty guardians who protect my signature from evil kumquats! If you want to create a guardian for me, tell me on my profile! I can creat one for you too!
(=I)()(K) // This is Kino. No one knows why, but he has a hole in his body. He is very protective and energetic, but just isn't brave.

-_- // This is Lance. Lance is tired all the time, but is still somewhat "helpful".

define AWAKE
broadcast [ sleep] // This is Sleep. Just as the code says, as if he's awake, he will sleep.
(-_-)

when green flag clicked
forever
if <not <[bumped] = [true]>> then // This is Bump. He helps bump my posts. Because he is Bump, he has a bump on his head.
broadcast [ bump]
stop [ all]
end
say [Yay! It was bumped!] for (2) secs
C0-K
end

when I receive [ NOISE] // This is Nosy. He noses a lot with a long nose.
BE NOSY

define BE NOSY
Nose with nose until they say nose
o-----
|
-hxckerdoge-
Scratcher
100+ posts

just-a-hriday wrote:

depresso-boiyo wrote:

Summer break is going on right now here. School starts in June.
My summer break starts in June
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No summer break.

just-a-hriday
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

(#2598)
No summer break.
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

just-a-hriday wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

(#2598)
No summer break.

Yeah, crazy lol. Summer usually also holds several household projects (fixing porches, doors, rooms, etc), and uh- hackathons or the like.

-cloudcoding-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

just-a-hriday wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

(#2598)
No summer break.

Yeah, crazy lol. Summer usually also holds several household projects (fixing porches, doors, rooms, etc), and uh- hackathons or the like.
Dang, I could go for a hackathon. I only live in a small town.

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

-cloudcoding-

"[coding is] like clouds - always evolving and ready to transform!" - ChatGPT :)

Go check out my projects!
semisupervised
Scratcher
100+ posts

semisupervised wrote:

semisupervised wrote:

I've got something sort of half working, I think I need some help https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1009632996/
OK i've fixed it, thanks to hriday and phantom for helping me. It works perfectly. I need that RGB converting function though

call me semi!

I'm he/him. period.