Discuss Scratch

54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add a Scratch Wiki button to the forum toolbar

This suggestion is for adding a button for the [wiki] tag as currently, linking to the Scratch Wiki using that tag can be tedious, especially on mobile as that can only be typed manually in regular Scratch.

Mockup:

Last edited by 54387a (Jan. 5, 2024 04:50:57)

Everything below the grey line right above is my signature. By the way, my signature isn't related to my post in case you didn't know.
Welcome to the world of @54387a!™
Try out my projects.
To donate an internet, go here.
Go here to check if your suggestion is rejected. To check if your topic is a duplicate, use ocular. Remember, don't post on irrelevant topics otherwise that's necroposting. By the way, if you feel like your project/studio was wrongfully taken down, tell the Scratch Team through Contact Us.
Whenever you see something that looks clearly offensive and/or something not Scratch-appropriate, report it.
Purple specimen

Creating Content since October 2022
1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
hydrofungus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

There’s also a wikipedia tag i think, maybe add that too?

Remember kids, don’t eat batteries dipped in paint thinner and anti-freeze

hey, you can call me kyoo
I am a minor on the internet, who’s also apparently an artist and a coder
April 13th - Non-binary - Aroace - Any pronouns

I know Scratch and HTML, and I’ve been doing art for as long as I can remember.

enjoy this picture of Five from Glitch Techs :’)

RethinkingVoxels
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dupe of my post
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RethinkingVoxels wrote:

dupe of my post
However, this is for the forum toolbar, not the navbar. The forum toolbar is the one that has the globe icon.

Everything below the grey line right above is my signature. By the way, my signature isn't related to my post in case you didn't know.
Try out my projects.
Go here to check if your suggestion is rejected. To check if your topic is a duplicate, use ocular. Remember, don't post on irrelevant topics otherwise that's necroposting. By the way, if you feel like your project/studio was wrongfully taken down, tell the Scratch Team through Contact Us.
Whenever you see something that looks clearly offensive and/or something not Scratch-appropriate, report it.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump!

Try out my projects.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hydrofungus wrote:

If so, how do you type it?

Try out my projects.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
unmissable
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Forget it

Last edited by unmissable (Jan. 5, 2024 00:10:04)

Generation IX (9): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
I changed my signature

Found interesting, funny or plain good posts? Send them here!

Notebook | Ocular | me has a profile chatroom | The amazing triple ninja'd
TheEpikGamer211
Scratcher
1000+ posts

RethinkingVoxels wrote:

dupe of my post
this is a misunderstanding.

Epik gamer 211. Proud inventor of GTTSTES.
im workng on
sc (then SBOX)
GTTSTES 1.3
when (::ff0000) horribly misclicked and pressed @greenFlag instead.:: hat :: events 
Summon Evil Kumquats using (((((((((((((:D):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion):: motion :: motion)
k7e
Scratcher
1000+ posts

54387a wrote:

hydrofungus wrote:

If so, how do you type it?
Scratch

@mythoslore was so much more obvious than @spookily
Sliverus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Just to make sure, you're saying just to add a way to quickly add [wp][/wp], right? What would the layout look like when you're selecting the new feature?
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sliverus wrote:

Just to make sure, you're saying just to add a way to quickly add [wp][/wp], right? What would the layout look like when you're selecting the new feature?
I'm talking about the Scratch Wiki, not Wikipedia.

Try out my projects.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
Sliverus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

54387a wrote:

Sliverus wrote:

My bad. I meant [wiki][/wiki]. Regardless, my question still stands. What will the layout look like when selecting the new feature? In other words, when you click the button, what will pop up?
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sliverus wrote:

54387a wrote:

Sliverus wrote:

My bad. I meant [wiki][/wiki]. Regardless, my question still stands. What will the layout look like when selecting the new feature? In other words, when you click the button, what will pop up?
A pop up similar to the URL pop up will appear. However, instead of saying Url, it'll say Article Name. By the way, a mockup for the pop up will be unavailable as the pop up depends on the browser being used, just like the image and the URL pop up.

Last edited by 54387a (Jan. 5, 2024 04:57:02)

Try out my projects.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
jumpingbean2012
Scratcher
2 posts

Last edited by jumpingbean2012 (Jan. 5, 2024 04:59:27)

54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jumpingbean2012 wrote:

Why do you support this topic? In the Suggestions forum, you have to explain why support or don't support.

Try out my projects.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

54387a wrote:

Bump!

Try out my projects.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
z10r
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support! I see no problems with this because the forum toolbar isn't even that crowded

No Flash version detected
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

54387a wrote:

Bump!

Try out my projects.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

54387a wrote:

54387a wrote:

Bump!

Try out my projects.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

54387a wrote:

54387a wrote:

54387a wrote:

Bump!

Try out my projects.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)