Discuss Scratch

lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

Change color on "You can't post an empty comment!" & login errors to make them more readable

Zydrolic wrote:

lgrov44 wrote:

(#75)
I do have to ask you though, do you think it would be better to have most people or almost everyone (except for blind people or people with too severe disabilites affecting vision of course) to be able to say that it is at least readable enough to them?

Honestly I can't really come up with an answer.
I'd say almost everyone no matter a disability - The thing is that I'd also try looking for a better combo but I really just can't come up with a better one.
I think you have the optimal colour pair. Also, that was a semi-rhetorical question. It was meant to point out the 2 main possibilities, either letting the Scratchers customizing the color pairs or pick a specific color pair.

Zydrolic wrote:

Welp, this is getting long lol
Yes it is, and imagine if we didn't use “snip”! Some of the posts would be probably be thousands of characters long…

Last edited by lgrov44 (Feb. 1, 2024 08:48:54)

lgrov44, an Australian Scratcher whose most famous for his follows, followed by his activity, especially on Discussion Forums, and his follower count. Is also a remix chainer and school student. Identifies as bisexual.

My top 3 favourite people:
1. @Higgies (deleted) - First Follower, Thank you so much! (Wish you could see this…)
2. @Dubstepv1 (Banned/Moved) - Remix Chainer
3. @GIitchInTheMatrix (Moved to @GlitchedThrough) - Many small things.
Still looking for one of my first followers who are still active.
lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

Change color on "You can't post an empty comment!" & login errors to make them more readable

B U M P
r p y o
i s
n t
g

lgrov44, an Australian Scratcher whose most famous for his follows, followed by his activity, especially on Discussion Forums, and his follower count. Is also a remix chainer and school student. Identifies as bisexual.

1. @Higgies (deleted) - First Follower, Thank you so much! (Wish you could see this…)
lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

lgrov44 wrote:

B U M P
r p y o
i s
n t
g

lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

(REMOVED)

Last edited by lgrov44 (Feb. 3, 2024 00:26:18)

lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

Feel like this forum is dead now. Anyways, Bump.

usefun2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support, I don't have eye problems and find the message hard to read.

Main: @usefun
Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Matthew 7;12, Psalm 37:13 & Genesis 3:19
(old signature is below)

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi - I'm back to this account, I guess - notebook - bo burnham is awesome
- Internetometer

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

Most of this is now going to become a meme storage.

thank you ajskateboarder

* But nobody came.
EDawg2011
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'll just…

jvvg wrote:

source
Scratch is based in the United States, which is subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). One requirement is that sites be accessible to users using assistive technologies (screen readers and similar things), low-vision, and colorblind users. I'm not going to pretend I know all the details, but if the colors don't contrast enough or would otherwise be hard for a colorblind or low-vision person to use, the site is out of compliance. If that's the case, then an affected user can sue the Scratch Team and would have a good chance of winning. I have seen plenty of real-world ADA-related lawsuits for websites, this isn't just a hypothetical risk, it's real.

I should also note that multiple people have told me that Scratch isn't a business and therefore wouldn't be subject to these rules. That is incorrect. For the purposes of ADA, “business” doesn't just mean “for-profit corporation,” it also includes nonprofits. Additionally, Scratch is “open to the public” (for ADA purposes anyway) since they offer a service that members of the public can use.

Please note that I may sometimes make a mistake and give wrong information.

Can you please put this at/near the top of your signature and tell people that tag spam isn't allowed and it manipulates the algorithm, to start a chain and spread the word? - Thanks, @EDawg2011.

But then I had a very good idea. I used F5. See, using F5 gave me a whole new perspective and I was able to see a chest I couldn't have seen before.

(Highlight text + down arrow + shift to see the rest of my signature.)

Help find out who ate @cheddargirl's signature! l JOIN WORLD DOMINATION INC. TODAY! l Donate your soul! l me when i accidentally spread misinformation l Platformer Skibidi

<0-0::sensing>//This is Charles; he protects my signature from evil kumquats.
when I'm spawned::events hat//This is the code Charles' brain runs on.
forever
if <[100] > (distance to [an evil kumquat v])> then
delete the evil kumquat::control
end
end

Be moist.

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EDawg2011 wrote:

(#89)
I'll just…

jvvg wrote:

source
Scratch is based in the United States, which is subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). One requirement is that sites be accessible to users using assistive technologies (screen readers and similar things), low-vision, and colorblind users. I'm not going to pretend I know all the details, but if the colors don't contrast enough or would otherwise be hard for a colorblind or low-vision person to use, the site is out of compliance. If that's the case, then an affected user can sue the Scratch Team and would have a good chance of winning. I have seen plenty of real-world ADA-related lawsuits for websites, this isn't just a hypothetical risk, it's real.

I should also note that multiple people have told me that Scratch isn't a business and therefore wouldn't be subject to these rules. That is incorrect. For the purposes of ADA, “business” doesn't just mean “for-profit corporation,” it also includes nonprofits. Additionally, Scratch is “open to the public” (for ADA purposes anyway) since they offer a service that members of the public can use.
Atleast judging by whocanuse, changing the text color to black doesn't have much of a loss rate.
It infact haas a better contrast ratio. You can check the OP's URL to this check.

(old signature is below)

Suggestions
SDS Helper reqs should be upped - Show/hide via context menu - Revise “ask the community” - Browser not supported - Empty comment contrast
Other
a bit of trolling (i asked before putting it here) - tamaNOTchi - I'm back to this account, I guess - notebook - bo burnham is awesome
- Internetometer

stop posting about kumquats, im tired of seeing it, my friend comments saying “oh hey your post was eaten by a kumquat” STOP a kumquat is freaking fruit just eat it utp ojtishglkmkjhgaoeimrlV,5KU9MOIL3K5GP,Ő AHTAHGTARET SOTP positing ABJTOUT IT (parody & sarcasm)

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

* But nobody came.
A10thunderguineapig
Scratcher
66 posts

Orange does not mix with white. It's like writing with a yellow marker on a whiteboard.

I am the yes.

lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump. (Scratch's time system made me do this a little too early…)

Last edited by lgrov44 (Feb. 7, 2024 07:02:29)

lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

B U U M M P P P
B B B U U M M M M P P
B B U U M M M M P P P
B B B U U U M M M P

lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

lgrov44 wrote:

B U U M M P P P
B B B U U M M M M P P
B B U U M M M M P P P
B B B U U U M M M P

lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

lgrov44 wrote:

lgrov44 wrote:

B U U M M P P P
B B B U U M M M M P P
B B U U M M M M P P P
B B B U U U M M M P

Zydrolic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

(old signature is below)

Suggestions
Other
- Internetometer

bad joke:

thank you ajskateboarder

* But nobody came.
lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

(REMOVED) can i think before i post?!

Last edited by lgrov44 (Feb. 12, 2024 06:41:19)

lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

BUMP

lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump

lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump (Is this forum dead now?)

Last edited by lgrov44 (Feb. 18, 2024 09:03:41)

lgrov44
Scratcher
500+ posts

B U M P I N G C A T S