Discuss Scratch

HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-SSC (Do not open if you are not a counselor)-

Does anyone have any methods for determining what the theme of your story is?
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

Usually the characters and the story you want to tell.

A platypus? A platypus with a keyboard? Perry the platypus with a keyboard?

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Platypus_WKeyboard wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

I have that and I know that I want to tell a story about Clark accepting his true self is Superman, the issue is that I can't figure out what the specific theme is.
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

I have that and I know that I want to tell a story about Clark accepting his true self is Superman, the issue is that I can't figure out what the specific theme is.
Bump.
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

Bump.
Lemme think!

Maybe self-acceptance?

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

Bump.
Lemme think!

Maybe self-acceptance?
I should probably watch Groundhog Day, shouldn't I?
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

Bump.
Lemme think!

Maybe self-acceptance?
Or Live, Die, Repeat (I haven't watched it but heard it's good)

About Me.

- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

Bump.
Lemme think!

Maybe self-acceptance?
I've seen Live. Die. Repeat. but it's kind of weak thematically and character wise.
DerpyPig03
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

Bump.
Lemme think!

Maybe self-acceptance?
I've seen Live. Die. Repeat. but it's kind of weak thematically and character wise.
to be fair, groundhog isn't exactly a paragon of character writing (don't get me wrong, I love groundhog day). But it is probably the best time loop movie, so I'd still watch it to get tips. The What If Dr Strange episode and Loki finale also does time loop quite well in my opinion

Last edited by DerpyPig03 (May 17, 2024 01:46:44)

FAVORITE BIBLE QUOTE
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (emphasis added)

FAVORITE MOVIE QUOTE

“One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.” - Master Oogway
DerpyPig03
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AbeHe wrote:

AU-Ratcatcher wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

I'm going with Superman, Superman, Superman…
Yeah that’s probably the best option.
You’re joking right?
No, fits with the time loop idea and I like it.
I really like this title too. It's kinda lighthearted and fun which I think works well with Superman

FAVORITE BIBLE QUOTE
"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails." - 1 Corinthians 13:4-8a (emphasis added)

FAVORITE MOVIE QUOTE

“One often meets his destiny on the road he takes to avoid it.” - Master Oogway
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DerpyPig03 wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

Bump.
Lemme think!

Maybe self-acceptance?
to be fair, groundhog isn't exactly a paragon of character writing (don't get me wrong, I love groundhog day). But it is probably the best time loop movie, so I'd still watch it to get tips. The What If Dr Strange episode and Loki finale also does time loop quite well in my opinion
Agents of SHIELD has a great time loop episode also.
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

PDCU Lore: In the PDCU, the 50th state is Dinosaur Island, taking the place of Arkansas. This allows the mayor of Metropolis to be a T-Rex, as he is in the comics. His name is Mayor RAAAAARGH and nobody can agree on how it is spelled.
Still canon.
macandcheeseking
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

PDCU Lore: In the PDCU, the 50th state is Dinosaur Island, taking the place of Arkansas. This allows the mayor of Metropolis to be a T-Rex, as he is in the comics. His name is Mayor RAAAAARGH and nobody can agree on how it is spelled.
Still canon.
yes
AbeHe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'll watch a few time travel movies to storm up ideas for Atom, any suggestions?
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AbeHe wrote:

I'll watch a few time travel movies to storm up ideas for Atom, any suggestions?
Doctor Who. Just… all of the new series.
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

2005 right?

About Me.

- Evil Abed
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

2005 right?
Yep.
AbeHe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

2005 right?
Yep.
I had watched the four Disney + specials, after the fourth one if Ruby is in the new episodes I ain't watchin.
HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AbeHe wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

2005 right?
Yep.
I had watched the four Disney + specials, after the fourth one if Ruby is in the new episodes I ain't watchin.
Why do you hate Ruby so much? Yeah, she's a bit flat, but she has an amazing dynamic with The Doctor, and is a great introduction to the show.
AbeHe
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HexagonWorld wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

HexagonWorld wrote:

AbeHe wrote:

2005 right?
Yep.
Why do you hate Ruby so much? Yeah, she's a bit flat, but she has an amazing dynamic with The Doctor, and is a great introduction to the show.
She is annoying, as you mentioned flat, she detracts from the new Doctor who is the only thing I wanted to see, overall all the hype I built up to see the new Doctor in action after I watched 1-3 was killed in 4. Which is sad because I can tell this new Doctor actor is good.

Also: What dynamic? All I got from 4 is that she doesn't like him.

Anyway, I had a idea for how the time travel in Atom will work.