Discuss Scratch

a_small_scratcher
Scratcher
1 post

Get help with Scratch Auth

so i tried to sign in to my scratch account in this but then it kept saying “failed authentication”
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

a_small_scratcher wrote:

(#125)
so i tried to sign in to my scratch account in this but then it kept saying “failed authentication”

Which authentication methods have you tried?

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yellowandblueboy wrote:

Hey, I ca- wait is this about “PenguinMod?”
when [ PenguinMod] key pressed
Scratch Auth is an external service used to allow external websites to allow you to authenticate with your Scratch account rather than having to make a new one for that site(Mod Share is an example of this older individual account method).

Last edited by Steve0Greatness (Oct. 6, 2023 21:16:57)

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
321wyitt123
Scratcher
3 posts

all the times I tried with different ones, it crashed. all I know is that it at least only does this on chrome because I tried it with my windows computer which is slower than my Chromebook but it didn't crash. I hope you look in to it and hopefully fix it because I really want to have a good progression stage inbeetween going from scratch straight to unity. thank you!

Last edited by 321wyitt123 (Oct. 6, 2023 22:00:17)

321wyitt123
Scratcher
3 posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

Yellowandblueboy wrote:

Hey, I ca- wait is this about “PenguinMod?”
when [ PenguinMod] key pressed
Scratch Auth is an external service used to allow external websites to allow you to authenticate with your Scratch account rather than having to make a new one for that site(Mod Share is an example of this older individual account method).
your account has that color in it >

Last edited by 321wyitt123 (Oct. 6, 2023 21:57:29)

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

321wyitt123 wrote:

Steve0Greatness wrote:

Excuse me?

321wyitt123 wrote:

all the times I tried with different ones, it crashed. all I know is that it at least only does this on chrome because I tried it with my windows computer which is slower than my Chromebook but it didn't crash. I hope you look in to it and hopefully fix it because I really want to have a good progression stage inbeetween going from scratch straight to unity. thank you!
What are you talking about? Scratch is not Unity, and Scratch Auth is not a Scratch to Unity service, Scratch Auth is a service that allows you to sign into a few services using your Scratch account.

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
h0po0
Scratcher
100+ posts

-Juice-kocher- wrote:

sunnyreborn
Scratcher
7 posts

I CANT LOGIN TO PENGUIN MOD. I TRIED BOTH WAYS AND THEY DIDNT WORKED
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sunnyreborn wrote:

I CANT LOGIN TO PENGUIN MOD. I TRIED BOTH WAYS AND THEY DIDNT WORKED
Did you get any error on either website? Did you return to the window that Scratch Auth was in rather than just going back to penguin mod immediately?

CurlyGenius01 wrote:

-snip-
Nobody wants to help you when you're actively spamming useless details into your post(scratch blocks, mad emojis, etc).

Last edited by Steve0Greatness (Oct. 7, 2023 07:50:29)

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

321wyitt123
Scratcher
3 posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

321wyitt123 wrote:

Steve0Greatness wrote:

Excuse me?

321wyitt123 wrote:

What are you talking about? Scratch is not Unity, and Scratch Auth is not a Scratch to Unity service, Scratch Auth is a service that allows you to sign into a few services using your Scratch account.
no not like that. i just want to let myself be a bit more free with what i do and let myself understand it before i just create chaos on unity. so i want to basically have a point where im not in scratch, but im also not creating chaos with unity. kay?

Last edited by 321wyitt123 (Oct. 7, 2023 14:10:41)

pleasehugme2
New to Scratch
2 posts

set [foo v] to [3]when green flag clicked
when green flag clicked
if <(foo) = 3> then
say [why are you bullying?]
end

Last edited by pleasehugme2 (Oct. 7, 2023 14:47:17)

JM-Official
Scratcher
3 posts

Hi i tried to login to it but it kept failing again and again i even made another account just to try and it still didnt work
cimic_1125
Scratcher
5 posts

I can't log in to my account on mobile, please help
Finnybeast
Scratcher
13 posts

Looky1173 wrote:

Are you having trouble with using Scratch Auth? Can't sign in? Post the problem here to receive help and guidance.

Important: Please include the details of the problem you're experiencing and what you've tried already upfront, otherwise we can't help you. Include all information you judge necessary for us to be able to help!
I Try to log in with the Project Comment, It says something wrong happened on the scratch auth end or something, When i try Profile Comment, It fails to authenticate. Can someone please help?

https://youtu.be/wn9r1HvOvu0

Footage screen recording to show.
Appluase
Scratcher
3 posts

bro my user not existing apparently

-Appluase
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pleasehugme2 wrote:

set [foo v] to [3]when green flag clicked
when green flag clicked
if <(foo) = 3> then
say [why are you bullying?]
end
No one is bullying you, at least I don't think anyone is. If you believe somebody is bullying you, then use the report functionality to let the Scratch Team's moderators know.

JM-Official wrote:

Hi i tried to login to it but it kept failing again and again i even made another account just to try and it still didnt work
Try using project comment authentication and profile comment authentication, if that doesn't work: go to Scratch Auth directly, click Your Accounts > Add a new account. Then login as you might have otherwise.

Finnybeast wrote:

I Try to log in with the Project Comment, It says something wrong happened on the scratch auth end or something, When i try Profile Comment, It fails to authenticate. Can someone please help?

https://youtu.be/wn9r1HvOvu0

Footage screen recording to show.
I'm glad someone finally actually sent something that helps, rather than just saying something like “I can't log in pls fix.”

Anyway, try not pasting the code into the cloud verification box. Or you could go to Scratch Auth directly, click Your Accounts > Add a new account, and then attempt to login through the full screen version. Then head back to the site you're attempting to log into(I assume penguin mod), then click that little sign in button again. But this time, use One Click Sign In and select the account that you'd like to log in with.
I know that this might be a bit painful to do, but I'm not entirely sure what's with some people being unable to use Scratch Auth, as it works perfectly fine for me(with the only issues being on Penguin Mod's side).

Appluase wrote:

bro my user not existing apparently
I have no idea how to help with that issue, sorry. Maybe try the method I proposed multiple times already. Encase you don't want to find it in my post: go to Scratch Auth directly, click Your Accounts > Add a new account, and then attempt to login through the full screen version. Then head back to the site you're attempting to log into, then click that little sign in button again. But this time, use One Click Sign In and select the account that you'd like to log in with

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JacobiePenguin342 wrote:

i can't access the scratch penguin mod because of failed auth of scratchauth.
I'm sorry to hear that. Could you provide any additional details? Like any errors that ScratchAuth shows?

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

heitor271217k
New to Scratch
15 posts

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 117.0.0.0, No Flash version detected
say []
heitor271217k
New to Scratch
15 posts

define potion of REMOVE SCRATCH ACCOUNT
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

heitor271217k wrote:

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 117.0.0.0, No Flash version detected
say []

heitor271217k wrote:

define potion of REMOVE SCRATCH ACCOUNT
Hey there! I don't really get what you're trying to say. Are you asking to delete your Scratch account? If so, this can be done through The Account Settings page.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)