New to Scratch
1 post

Get help with Scratch Auth

i can't login
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Interesting, seems like the Cloud data API is just down. It also appears to affect cloudmonitor URLs(when you click the “See Data” button under “Cloud Variables” on project pages). Possibly down for maintenance.

The ST doesn't seem to have made any public comment yet. This is on both @scratch@twitter.com, and the announcements page(there's also nothing on the landing page).

Sidenote: It's funny how the one day that I'm away, ST somehow messed up Cloud variables.

Last edited by Steve0Greatness (Oct. 1, 2023 22:55:42)

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
-Cool-Toons-
Scratcher
50 posts

I Can't Log Bruh.

Hello it -Cool-Toons- Here!
  • I'm Really Good Animator!
Click On My Profile Picture And Being So Cool!
Have a Great Day!

My Profile!
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Cool-Toons- wrote:

I Can't Log Bruh.
Which login method are you using? Cloud auth? Have you checked with the administrators of the site you're using that they've implemented Scratch Auth correctly?

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
VedFlex
New to Scratch
1 post

Hey, i cant log in. I did like everything, commenting code, commenting profile, and nothing works.
Leanne_2681
New to Scratch
2 posts

Is Scratch Auth down? I can't log in (I even tried other methods)
Mila-Ko
Scratcher
2 posts

I can't log in, it says that the profile does not exist but I typed the username perfectly
h0po0
Scratcher
100+ posts

ZABlu_PenguinMode wrote:

i can't login

Mila-Ko wrote:

I can't log in, it says that the profile does not exist but I typed the username perfectly

Leanne_2681 wrote:

Is Scratch Auth down? I can't log in (I even tried other methods)

VedFlex wrote:

Hey, i cant log in. I did like everything, commenting code, commenting profile, and nothing works.

-Cool-Toons- wrote:

I Can't Log Bruh.
I can login tho
NotK3ndricAlt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Itinerary servers are down. Can you try to fix the servers?

If you see this on my signature, you’ve been infected by the NotK3ndricAlt virus! Put this on the top of your signature and add your name to the list of people who got this virus to help NotK3ndricAlt get more followers.
List of people who got this virus: NotK3ndricAlt

SAVE SCRATCH.
Forum clout (as of 27 Jan 2024): 11943
But then I had a very good idea. I used F5. See, using F5 gave me a whole new perspective and I was able to see a chest I couldn't have seen before.
Everytime I see the number 2024, I think its 2014 for a millisecond but then realize its 2024.
My browser / operating system: IPad iOS 16.1.1, Safari 16.1, No Flash version detected
Did you know that you can select the text then click on the BBCode tag you want to use and it'll pop up with the BBCode on the text?
Hola, soy NotK3ndricAlt! I speak Spanish and English.
My rentry!
Kids rule! B)
Participated in Scratch Awards 2023
pls plaey https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/928410544/ NOAW!!!M!!M!!M!M!!M!!M!!M!M!M!M!
#Add ForumPost Hearting (click to see suggestion)
Omni Studios Admin
(^v^ :: motion) // Kumquat protector
Hacked block:
when this sprite touches [mouse-pointer v] :: events hat
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NotK3ndricAlt wrote:

(#73)
Scratch Auth can't do anything about Itinerary.

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.
NotK3ndricAlt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mybearworld wrote:

NotK3ndricAlt wrote:

(#73)
Itinerary is Scratch Auths website, is it not?

If you see this on my signature, you’ve been infected by the NotK3ndricAlt virus! Put this on the top of your signature and add your name to the list of people who got this virus to help NotK3ndricAlt get more followers.
List of people who got this virus: NotK3ndricAlt

SAVE SCRATCH.
Forum clout (as of 27 Jan 2024): 11943
But then I had a very good idea. I used F5. See, using F5 gave me a whole new perspective and I was able to see a chest I couldn't have seen before.
Everytime I see the number 2024, I think its 2014 for a millisecond but then realize its 2024.
My browser / operating system: IPad iOS 16.1.1, Safari 16.1, No Flash version detected
Did you know that you can select the text then click on the BBCode tag you want to use and it'll pop up with the BBCode on the text?
Hola, soy NotK3ndricAlt! I speak Spanish and English.
My rentry!
Kids rule! B)
Participated in Scratch Awards 2023
pls plaey https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/928410544/ NOAW!!!M!!M!!M!M!!M!!M!!M!M!M!M!
#Add ForumPost Hearting (click to see suggestion)
Omni Studios Admin
(^v^ :: motion) // Kumquat protector
Hacked block:
when this sprite touches [mouse-pointer v] :: events hat
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NotK3ndricAlt wrote:

(#75)

mybearworld wrote:

NotK3ndricAlt wrote:

(#73)
Itinerary is Scratch Auths website, is it not?
They're made by the same person, but they're not the same thing. You should ask on the Itinerary topic.

mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I can't seem to log in…

One click sign in:
{
    "error": {
        "status": 404,
        "code": "userNotFound",
        "detail": "This user could not be found on Scratch."
    }
}

Project comments:

Profile comments:

TweedellNick2_me
Scratcher
1 post

I couldn't log into pigeon at all, and the page isn't hop off resistant so I had to use Android Split screen feature, but it didn't work, I commented on my profile, I commented on the project page twice. It didn't work.
ToastersUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Guys - believe it or not but looky has a life too and might'nt be able to fix scratch auth right away. A good few people have said it's not working already theres no need for a hundred million people to inform them.

Hippo races snail through galaxy.

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

There's not much I can do as it's the APIs of Scratch that seem to be failing – we will just have to wait until their engineers get a hold of the situation.

Last edited by Looky1173 (Oct. 3, 2023 11:05:25)

BlockLoader
New to Scratch
1 post

I can't login on Penguin Mod, I'm using my account name, BlockLoader, but neither of the bottom two options(usable for new scratchers) are working. I did both methods a few times each. Neither are working but I am doing exactly what it is saying to do. Keeps saying ‘Login failed’ or ‘Authentication failed’. I am also trying to login with mobile if that has anything to do with it.

Last edited by BlockLoader (Oct. 2, 2023 22:29:34)

-Cool-Toons-
Scratcher
50 posts

Guys I found a way to get logged in and it worked

Hello it -Cool-Toons- Here!
  • I'm Really Good Animator!
Click On My Profile Picture And Being So Cool!
Have a Great Day!

My Profile!
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Cool-Toons- wrote:

Guys I found a way to get logged in and it worked
Please explain your method to help others
TwoWhyTea
New to Scratch
1 post