Discuss Scratch

ZeroIdeaGames
New to Scratch
3 posts

Get help with Scratch Auth

NOTE: YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE A SCRATCH ACCOUNT!

Last edited by ZeroIdeaGames (Oct. 4, 2023 14:32:30)

when green flag clicked
say [what a rough day!]
move (500) steps
broadcast [sleep v]
well, sometimes, you have a rough day!
misaPuding
Scratcher
500+ posts

ZeroIdeaGames wrote:

(#104)

ZeroIdeaGames wrote:

Hi. i was trying to log in “PenguinMod” but i stumbled on a issue
Since cloud login was down at the time. i used the two other login “options”.
since it did not work despite me posting the FULL codes on my profile/shared project… i was wondering if i can get some advice.
i heard that other users are having problems too.

Bye for now.

GUYS I JUST FOUND HOW TO LOG IN ON PENGUINMOD BY SCRATCH AUTHENTICATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BY THE WAY THIS IS ONLY FOR PENGUINMOD USERS!
1. click the sign in button in the top bar in PenguinMod, a window should appear then.
2. click project comments not the cloud or the user comment.
3. look for the open authentification project button and click on it.
4. click on generate code button.
5. comment on the project with the code
NOTE: THE CODE MUST BE LIKE THIS “INSERT RANDOM CODE” NOT LIKE THIS “heres the code! INSERT RANDOM CODE”
6. go back to the scratch auth window.
7. press the “done” button
8. wait a bit, like 10 seconds or more.
9. remove the window.
10. you can now programm in penguinmod!

did doing this exact thing work for you? if yes, either the scratch api/scratch auth/penguin mod issues were fixed on the backend, or you just coped with them by waiting 10 seconds in #8

If you own a shop, think about joining the USS or SCA!

IMPORTANT: This siggy is getting interrupted because I lost my glasses. (Credit to @Chiroyce for the interruption´s BBCode)
Please set a status at Ocular by clicking the below image, to make @Jeffalo happy! #OcularStatusesTo5k
Interruption BBCode:
Please set a status at [url=https://ocular.jeffalo.net/?utm_campaign=Scratch%20signature%20link%20in%20<yourusername>%27s%20signature]Ocular[/url] by clicking the below image, to make [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Jeffalo]@Jeffalo[/url] happy! #OcularStatusesTo2k :D
[url=https://ocular.jeffalo.net/?utm_campaign=Scratch%20signature%20banner%20in%20<yourusername>%27s%20signature][img]https://assets.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/.%2E/6c7975af8323a8ffbc74313ce7072f1e.png[/img][/url]
Kumquat slept in thy signature on Scratch. Kumquat openest thy place under your post
AKIRADRAGON
Scratcher
4 posts

I am trouble trying to sign in into PenguinMod. I added my profile in, but when i sign in into my account it sends me into a page that says “Please wait..” and nothing else. I've been waiting for 2 hours yet it doesn't send me to PenguinMod
AKIRADRAGON
Scratcher
4 posts

AKIRADRAGON wrote:

Nevermind, it fixed
CorgiMerlin
Scratcher
25 posts

e

Last edited by CorgiMerlin (Oct. 4, 2023 19:39:31)

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ongsalpp wrote:

i am yeelling at you why failed me
No one can help you if you're getting mad for no reason. I get that it can be frustrating if you aren't able to log in via Scratch Auth, but getting mad at people who are trying to help won't help.
Anyway, what issue are you having with Scratch Auth? Are errors showing up in the Scratch Auth tab when you click “done,” if so: what are they? Which auth method are you utilizing? What website are you trying to log in with? Without any of these details it's impossible for us to do anything.

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
misaPuding
Scratcher
500+ posts

ongsalpp wrote:

(#103)
i am yeelling at you why failed me
Scratch APIs are failing. People here are trying to help SAuth users in their free time, and looky literally created SAuth in his free time! so no, nobody here can be “failing” you, since you can´t really have expectations of anybody here just fixing scratch API or finding a critical bug in SAuth with a snap of their fingers

IMPORTANT: This siggy is getting interrupted because I lost my glasses. (Credit to @Chiroyce for the interruption´s BBCode)
Please set a status at Ocular by clicking the below image, to make @Jeffalo happy! #OcularStatusesTo5k
Interruption BBCode:
Please set a status at [url=https://ocular.jeffalo.net/?utm_campaign=Scratch%20signature%20link%20in%20<yourusername>%27s%20signature]Ocular[/url] by clicking the below image, to make [url=https://scratch.mit.edu/users/Jeffalo]@Jeffalo[/url] happy! #OcularStatusesTo2k :D
[url=https://ocular.jeffalo.net/?utm_campaign=Scratch%20signature%20banner%20in%20<yourusername>%27s%20signature][img]https://assets.scratch.mit.edu/get_image/.%2E/6c7975af8323a8ffbc74313ce7072f1e.png[/img][/url]
Kumquat slept in thy signature on Scratch. Kumquat openest thy place under your post
Bendippok
Scratcher
10 posts

After 5 days it was already working. Yay

Last edited by Bendippok (Oct. 18, 2023 16:33:35)

I alweys come back
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bendippok wrote:

I can't log in, all methods not working
I'm sorry to hear that. Are there any other details that you could provide? Such as screenshots, errors, the site(s) you're attempting to log into, etc. Anything would help.

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
misaPuding
Scratcher
500+ posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

(#113)

Bendippok wrote:

I can't log in, all methods not working
I'm sorry to hear that. Are there any other details that you could provide? Such as screenshots, errors, the site(s) you're attempting to log into, etc. Anything would help.
ii believe the problems are on scratch API´s side (for example, comments are getting way glitchier now, with tripleposts/comments not posting for a long time/loading errors becoming incredibly common), and we can´t do anything with that

Interruption BBCode:
Greenie_WasTaken
Scratcher
6 posts

My school account doesn't save across Chromebooks. Is there any way to help? At the very least, you could check if there's a code on the Scratch account.

Last edited by Greenie_WasTaken (Oct. 5, 2023 17:15:41)

dyanrifnk
Scratcher
4 posts

I can't sign in help
-Juice-kocher-
Scratcher
1 post

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Greenie_WasTaken wrote:

My school account doesn't save across Chromebooks. Is there any way to help? At the very least, you could check if there's a code on the Scratch account.
This is not an issue with Scratch Auth. This is how browser cookies work. Scratch Auth saves something called a “cookie” to your device in order to remember who you are, these cookies(at least right now) are entirely on only one device, that's just how they work.

dyanrifnk wrote:

I can't sign in help
I'm sorry to hear that. When you attempt to log in, does it give an error on the Scratch Auth page? What site are you trying to log into? Are you pasting your code into the specified location(s)?

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

davidtheplatform
Scratcher
500+ posts

Greenie_WasTaken wrote:

The data that proves you're the right person is stored on your computer, so if you change computers you have to sign in again. This is intentional to make the system secure.

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
100tears
Scratcher
7 posts

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 116.0.5845.2274, No Flash version detected
Faialishaq
Scratcher
1 post

im trying to put the generated code to scratch but it deletes the tab
GaboPlayz14
Scratcher
6 posts

Hello, I'm trying to add my account to PenguinMod, but even though I did the instructions properly (commenting a code on my account/project), it didn't work!
GaboPlayz14
Scratcher
6 posts

Faialishaq wrote:

Just shrink the Scratch window.
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Faialishaq wrote:

Make sure you're pressing ctrl-v, not ctrl-w. Also, make sure that your browser is fully up to date, and that it's not just the tab crashing.

GaboPlayz14 wrote:

Hello, I'm trying to add my account to PenguinMod, but even though I did the instructions properly (commenting a code on my account/project), it didn't work!
This might just be a problem with PenguinMod. Did you get any error on the ScratchAuth window when attempting to authenticate? Could you check the console(f12 > console) of PM next time you attempt to log in to see if it's giving any errors in there either? Anything would help.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)