Discuss Scratch

josueart
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Suggest feature ideas!] Snazzle: A better frontend for Scratch, built by the community, for the community

So, Python for Voyager, I guess.
I'll finally start working on it seriously

Check this Scratch status monitor I made with BetterStack: https://scratch.betteruptime.com
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Suggest feature ideas!] Snazzle: A better frontend for Scratch, built by the community, for the community

josueart wrote:

Could I help? I'll host it as well. I've had an idea for a long time on how to structure the whole thing to make it more lightweight and that needs to be accounted for in code, lol

Last edited by Redstone1080 (April 28, 2024 17:11:52)

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
josueart
Scratcher
100+ posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

josueart wrote:

Could I help? I'll host it as well. I've had an idea for a long time on how to structure the whole thing to make it more lightweight and that needs to be accounted for in code, lol
Sure, I've already moved the repo to Snarple, so yeah.

Check this Scratch status monitor I made with BetterStack: https://scratch.betteruptime.com
Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hello, is anyone here

Hello, I like to do coding.
My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mahdir2111 wrote:

Hello, is anyone here
I agree, this topic has been very dead for a while.
———
I think we should re-design the UI to make it better. It just feels off and has weird jank in some places, like the sidebar in the Settings menu not being at the same height as the rest of the content. Thoughts?

We could first experiment using Tailwind on the current UI somehow, and I could write a theme migration tool to allow you to use older themes with Tailwind. In this time we would notify theme makers of upcoming changes so that they can update their themes.

Then we could go all the way and redesign the whole UI.

python version:
Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

Hello, is anyone here
———
I think we should re-design the UI to make it better. It just feels off and has weird jank in some places, like the sidebar in the Settings menu not being at the same height as the rest of the content. Thoughts?

We could first experiment using Tailwind on the current UI somehow, and I could write a theme migration tool to allow you to use older themes with Tailwind. In this time we would notify theme makers of upcoming changes so that they can update their themes.

Ok

My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

josueart wrote:

(#461)
oh, nobody told me abt this
well, not in my hands anymore
rip voyager in go, 2024-2024

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post
EngineerRunner
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

josueart wrote:

(#461)
oh, nobody told me abt this
well, not in my hands anymore
rip voyager in go, 2024-2024
was it ever in your hands..?

social experiment: comment here to not get curator

simpsons and futurama fan

RickRoIler (the first l is a capital i) on PSN, NotXboxGamer765 on xbox (and by that i mean xbox 360), EngineerRunner on Minecraft (find me on hypixel)
also im on the orange cat social media as EngineerRunner

join the worst guild on hypixel with this command!!1/!/!?1/!/
/guild join los gamers

if any of my suggestions ever get accepted, i will have my profile picture set to Just Stamp The Ticket Man for 3 months

give internets pls

an australian cumquat ate my snag and onions

“maintainer” of Pyratch, a very simple text-focused frontend for Scratch
oh god am I becoming an ATer

when I am deleted ::hat control
ask (join (join [what the hell does ] (when I am deleted ::hat control)) [ do?]) and wait
create clone of [Stage v]
delete this project ::control
stop [eh, a few] sounds ::sound
casually taking over the forums:

this is what happens when school goes back in the US, scratch has like no activity

when I am deleted ::hat control

create clone of [Stage v]
delete this project ::control
stop [eh, a few] sounds ::sound
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

(#465)

Mahdir2111 wrote:

Hello, is anyone here
———

I could design some stuff in amgiF if you'd like.
Then I could use Dev Mode to beat the CSS out of it

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
700th post
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

~snip~
Just design it in amgiF and put your designs in a github issue, the rest of us will take care of implementing it

The thing is that the design needs to be consistent, so ideally you would have a set of design rules applying to every single thing on the page.

python version:
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

(#470)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

~snip~
Just design it in amgiF and put your designs in a github issue, the rest of us will take care of implementing it

The thing is that the design needs to be consistent, so ideally you would have a set of design rules applying to every single thing on the page.
yeah sure thing, just a few days needed because I have 7 summer vacay projects

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

~snip~

Is snazzle hosted yet

My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#472)

Redstone1080 wrote:

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

~snip~

Is snazzle hosted yet
no, or there is no working instance afaik

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#472)

Redstone1080 wrote:

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

~snip~

Is snazzle hosted yet
I can host it

My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#474)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#472)

Redstone1080 wrote:

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

~snip~

Is snazzle hosted yet
I can host it
davidtheplatform is hosting it, just that it doesn't work. we'll fix it though and probably get a proper domain.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
INSERT-USER_NAME
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Has a Scratch embed player been made yet?
One that uses Scratch instead of TurboWarp, if I need clarification.

consider posting here maybe?
hey guys
Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#474)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#472)

Redstone1080 wrote:

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

~snip~

Is snazzle hosted yet
I can host it
davidtheplatform is hosting it, just that it doesn't work. we'll fix it though and probably get a proper domain.
ok

My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

INSERT-USER_NAME wrote:

Oh yeah I think there's an option to change it to Scratch instead of TurboWarp somewhere.

python version:
INSERT-USER_NAME
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

INSERT-USER_NAME wrote:

Oh yeah I think there's an option to change it to Scratch instead of TurboWarp somewhere.
I tried digging through the topic but got lazy, link pls?

consider posting here maybe?
hey guys
davidtheplatform
Scratcher
500+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#474)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#472)

Redstone1080 wrote:

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

~snip~

Is snazzle hosted yet
I can host it
fixed

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.