Discuss Scratch

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Suggest feature ideas!] Snazzle: A better frontend for Scratch, built by the community, for the community

SnarpleDev weekly project updates:

(i made this to bump this and provide updates for non-github users)

Snazzle:
  • We documented that Dazzle helper library which is used by Snazzle to work. (thanks @josueart!)
  • I updated our Security Policy which I drafted which goes more deep than our old one. (by me, @dynamicsofscratch )
  • And special thanks to @Steve0Greatness for doing not one but three things for us which was stopping hard logging the message key, removing Aviate from codebase and removed the Replit link from the footer. Again, thanks (sorry if i offended you by calling you) Steve.
Voyager:
  • I made some new logos for Voyager which are similar to the Snarple logo.
  • I made the security policy for Voyager (which is the policy after which the Snazzle one is made after)
  • @josueart did some dummy testing and tested getting topic name and id of a forum page in GO. Thanks again.
  • And finally, I made some edits to the license and added copyright owners (me and @josueart)

Have a great week ahead!

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

[Suggest feature ideas!] Snazzle: A better frontend for Scratch, built by the community, for the community

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

i thot you used arch btw
I did on a different computer, lol. I'm daily driving Fedora KDE now.
Oh yeah, installing Fedora was also the reason for my lack of activity for a few days. I managed to nuke my system with a software update, but it's all good now :D
Trying to get Nvidia drivers to work has been a pain, though, due to my system configuration

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

(#422)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

i thot you used arch btw
Oh yeah, installing Fedora was also the reason for my lack of activity for a few days. I managed to nuke my system with a software update, but it's all good now :D
Trying to get Nvidia drivers to work has been a pain, though, due to my system configuration
that's the reason i ended up on giving up on linux. nvidia drivers is a pain in the something on fedora. still on windows.

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
700th post
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Redstone1080 wrote:

(#422)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

i thot you used arch btw
that's the reason i ended up on giving up on linux. nvidia drivers is a pain in the something on fedora. still on windows.
Should probably get back on topic but it's only 2 commands to install Nvidia drivers on Fedora.

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

(#424)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Redstone1080 wrote:

(#422)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

i thot you used arch btw
Should probably get back on topic but it's only 2 commands to install Nvidia drivers on Fedora.
i tried some guides and it didn't work… oh well, better get on topic

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Suggestion: Change Snazzle Topic name to “(C++, Python, HTML, CSS and GO programmers needed!) Snazzle: A better frontend for Scratch, built by the community, for the community”

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
EngineerRunner
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Suggestion: Change Snazzle Topic name to “(C++, Python, HTML, CSS and GO programmers needed!) Snazzle: A better frontend for Scratch, built by the community, for the community”
why do we need C++ programmers? (also you can't really be a CSS or html “programmer”, they're not really programming languages))

social experiment: comment here to not get curator

simpsons and futurama fan

RickRoIler (the first l is a capital i) on PSN, NotXboxGamer765 on xbox (and by that i mean xbox 360), EngineerRunner on Minecraft (find me on hypixel)
also im on the orange cat social media as EngineerRunner

join the worst guild on hypixel with this command!!1/!/!?1/!/
/guild join los gamers

if any of my suggestions ever get accepted, i will have my profile picture set to Just Stamp The Ticket Man for 3 months

give internets pls

an australian cumquat ate my snag and onions

“maintainer” of Pyratch, a very simple text-focused frontend for Scratch
oh god am I becoming an ATer

when I am deleted ::hat control
ask (join (join [what the hell does ] (when I am deleted ::hat control)) [ do?]) and wait
create clone of [Stage v]
delete this project ::control
stop [eh, a few] sounds ::sound
casually taking over the forums:

this is what happens when school goes back in the US, scratch has like no activity

when I am deleted ::hat control

create clone of [Stage v]
delete this project ::control
stop [eh, a few] sounds ::sound
Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchDB is not working again

Hello, I like to do coding.
My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#429)
so what should snazzle do? please don't go off topic.

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#428)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

why do we need C++ programmers? (also you can't really be a CSS or html “programmer”, they're not really programming languages))
c++ for voyager database (ohkay so no html css)

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SnarpleDev weekly project updates:

(i made this to bump the topic and update the non-github users)

Snazzle:
  • We are trying to integrate scratchattach and scratchcommunications with snazzle to allow users to login.
  • We will be optimizing our forum loader so stay tuned for that and how we do it.
  • GitHub is the place where we do stuff so check the Github out if you wanna actually see what we did and wanna discuss about Snazzle on out Github Discussions page.
  • And last but not least for Snazzle, we are looking for people who know HTML, CSS, JS and Python and designers for our website!

Voyager:
  • I am working on making a full fledged guide on using Voyager (aka a new README for Voyager)
  • And at last, Voyager is looking for programmers who know GO and C++ DB (like ScyllaDB)

Have a great week ahead!

Last edited by dynamicsofscratch (April 21, 2024 14:36:00)

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#429)

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#428)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

it's not going off topic, I'm just reminding incase we will be using it.

My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

We are trying to integrate scratchattach and scratchcommunications with snazzle to allow users to login.

What is scratchcommunications?

My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

I was running my own instance locally

I tried that washing machine mode

My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

I new a little bit of Python, Html and CSS

My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#433)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

We are trying to integrate scratchattach and scratchcommunications with snazzle to allow users to login.

What is scratchcommunications?
scratchcommunications is a python library made by TheCommCraft to login into scratch and perform functions like scratchattach. they both also can be used in tandem

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#432)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#429)

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#428)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

we are right now, but are trying to get away from it. that's the whole Voyager thing.
Curse you, 60 second rule

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
Mahdir2111
Scratcher
100+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#432)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#429)

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#428)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

we are right now, but are trying to get away from it. that's the whole Voyager thing.
Does Voyager has a indexer or is it one

Last edited by Mahdir2111 (April 21, 2024 15:35:23)

My ocular profile
My Scratchsite

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#438)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#432)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Mahdir2111 wrote:

(#429)

EngineerRunner wrote:

(#428)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Does Voyager has a indexer or is it one
yes

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

(C++, Python, HTML, CSS and GO programmers needed!)
We do not need to use any language other than what we're already using. It's not practical to rewrite everything that we already have at this moment.

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper