Discuss Scratch

-Squiggle
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

btw I've added these project ideas to the description to make sure the studio meets the criteria for being featured, hope this is ok
Here are some ideas of projects you could create:
- An interactive set of cards showing facts about autism
- Art of your character going #RedInstead on 2nd April, and/or with the gold infinity symbol!
- A slideshow about an inspiring autistic person, or an autistic celebrity
- An animated Q&A or podcast about your experiences being autistic
- A “true or false” quiz that teaches people about misconceptions

Remember, these are just suggestions - you're welcome to come up with your own ideas too!
this hopefully also means the studio looks more finished so that we can start getting it up and running asap
we're working on making the prompts too though! it's gonna be an interactive project and I think we'll probably have it finished in a day or two.
if you have any ideas of things you want to add let us know

I have a studio for new/hesitant forum users https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34049909/
—–
Squi (she/they)
-Squiggle
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

adding the credits, the description is nearly full, meaning there might not be space for the rules etc. when those are added. should I put the manager intros into a project and link the project in the desc and that way they can be full length rather than just name and pronouns?

I have a studio for new/hesitant forum users https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34049909/
—–
Squi (she/they)
Rey_venclaw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

planning forum <3

sure

❝ I'm Soki, co-leader of Non-Fi, and I am burdened with vacuums and ice cream❞
ShredCan
Scratcher
16 posts

planning forum <3

-Squiggle wrote:

these were last year's rules
- Follow the Scratch Community Guidelines (found here https://scratch.mit.edu/community_guidelines/) at all times

- Treat everyone with respect and kindness and avoid getting heated or angry, even if you disagree

- Nothing about us without us: Remember to listen to the perspective of actually autistic people when it comes to autism, we know ourselves best. Remember to be mindful of misinformation and misconceptions as you learn about autism.

- Don’t use the r-slur or other ableist language. Don’t insult, make fun of, or bully people for being autistic. Don’t say autism is bad, or that it should be punished or cured.

- Keep debates about self-diagnosis, Autism Speaks, and any other controversial autism-related topics out of this studio please.

- If a manager tells you to not do/say something or to disengage from a conversation or argument, you do so!

- The code word is representation

this is what I propose for this year's rules
- Always follow the Scratch Community Guidelines ( https://scratch.mit.edu/community_guidelines/ )

- Be kind and respectful to everyone you talk to. Avoid getting heated or angry, even if you disagree

- Nothing about us without us: Remember to listen to the perspective of actually autistic people when it comes to autism, we know ourselves best. Be mindful of misinformation and misconceptions as you learn about autism!

- Don't use the R-slur or other ableist language. Don't insult, make fun of, or bully people for being autistic. Don't say autism is bad, or that it should be cured or punished (this counts as ableism).

- Avoid debating here about self diagnosis, Autism Speaks, and any other controversial autism-related topics.

- If a manager tells you not to do/say something, or to disengage from a conversation or argument, you do so!

- The codeword is ___

I still don't know what the codeword should be, but I liked Sawyer's suggestion of it being something related to identity

I might edit this with changes as I think of them

i think the codeword should be “autism 4eva!”
ShredCan
Scratcher
16 posts

planning forum <3

-Squiggle wrote:

adding the credits, the description is nearly full, meaning there might not be space for the rules etc. when those are added. should I put the manager intros into a project and link the project in the desc and that way they can be full length rather than just name and pronouns?

sure ig that seems good
Rey_venclaw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

planning forum <3

i think the code word should be personalized, i liked that idea. perhaps “a word that describes you”? or something?

-Squiggle
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

ShredCan wrote:

-Squiggle wrote:

these were last year's rules
- Follow the Scratch Community Guidelines (found here https://scratch.mit.edu/community_guidelines/) at all times

- Treat everyone with respect and kindness and avoid getting heated or angry, even if you disagree

- Nothing about us without us: Remember to listen to the perspective of actually autistic people when it comes to autism, we know ourselves best. Remember to be mindful of misinformation and misconceptions as you learn about autism.

- Don’t use the r-slur or other ableist language. Don’t insult, make fun of, or bully people for being autistic. Don’t say autism is bad, or that it should be punished or cured.

- Keep debates about self-diagnosis, Autism Speaks, and any other controversial autism-related topics out of this studio please.

- If a manager tells you to not do/say something or to disengage from a conversation or argument, you do so!

- The code word is representation

this is what I propose for this year's rules
- Always follow the Scratch Community Guidelines ( https://scratch.mit.edu/community_guidelines/ )

- Be kind and respectful to everyone you talk to. Avoid getting heated or angry, even if you disagree

- Nothing about us without us: Remember to listen to the perspective of actually autistic people when it comes to autism, we know ourselves best. Be mindful of misinformation and misconceptions as you learn about autism!

- Don't use the R-slur or other ableist language. Don't insult, make fun of, or bully people for being autistic. Don't say autism is bad, or that it should be cured or punished (this counts as ableism).

- Avoid debating here about self diagnosis, Autism Speaks, and any other controversial autism-related topics.

- If a manager tells you not to do/say something, or to disengage from a conversation or argument, you do so!

- The codeword is ___

I still don't know what the codeword should be, but I liked Sawyer's suggestion of it being something related to identity

I might edit this with changes as I think of them

i think the codeword should be “autism 4eva!”
xD that is an awesome codeword. to be honest I'm tempted to actually make it that just to see everyone comment it. a lot of codewords for studios are quite serious but this one is fun lol

—–
Squi (she/they)
-Squiggle
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

Rey_venclaw wrote:

i think the code word should be personalized, i liked that idea. perhaps “a word that describes you”? or something?
yeah

I was worried for a second that this could bring about some inappropriate responses but then I remembered the community guidelines exist lol and people can always report comments if they seem too negative. so I think most people will be reasonable with their codewords

Last edited by -Squiggle (March 27, 2024 01:13:58)

—–
Squi (she/they)
Dragonspire77
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

-Squiggle wrote:

Dragonspire77 wrote:

If anyone isn't able to write any part of the description by March 24th please let me know and I'll gladly do it
would you be happy to do the conclusion? nobody's doing that currently.
Yep, I'll work on it now

Dragonspire77
Yes & Genesis nut Writer Artist
-Squiggle
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

Dragonspire77 wrote:

-Squiggle wrote:

Dragonspire77 wrote:

If anyone isn't able to write any part of the description by March 24th please let me know and I'll gladly do it
would you be happy to do the conclusion? nobody's doing that currently.
Yep, I'll work on it now
thanks!

—–
Squi (she/they)
blustar2009
Scratcher
12 posts

planning forum <3

Hello! I love the studio idea. Could I help out?
Dragonspire77
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

Concluding paragraph:

In summary, identity is a colourful mosaic of things that make us who we are, such as where we're from, what we've been through, and, for some people, autism. Accepting and empowering autistic identity and ensuring that autistic people's needs are met in a society that isn't always accomodating is extremely important. By sharing our stories and experiences, we help others better understand the autism spectrum and make the world a better and more inclusive space for everyone.

Is this good? Anything I should rephrase? If the mosaic part is too similar to the puzzle pieces, I can come up with something else.

Dragonspire77
Yes & Genesis nut Writer Artist
Rey_venclaw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

planning forum <3

i don’t think it’s too similar

-Squiggle
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

Dragonspire77 wrote:

Concluding paragraph:

In summary, identity is a colourful mosaic of things that make us who we are, such as where we're from, what we've been through, and, for some people, autism. Accepting and empowering autistic identity and ensuring that autistic people's needs are met in a society that isn't always accomodating is extremely important. By sharing our stories and experiences, we help others better understand the autism spectrum and make the world a better and more inclusive space for everyone.

Is this good? Anything I should rephrase? If the mosaic part is too similar to the puzzle pieces, I can come up with something else.
you could change it to “spectrum” and it would probably still make sense

also, looks great!

Last edited by -Squiggle (March 27, 2024 03:31:27)

—–
Squi (she/they)
SawyerDrawsThings
Scratcher
38 posts

planning forum <3

-Squiggle wrote:

that sounds good! if we want, a section of the manager intro can be “your contribution,” that way we can also shorten the credits wif we need to?
so like, for MY intro, it'd be like “sawyer // ze/ae/they/he // adhd // I help manage comments and keep things organized!” or something idk
SawyerDrawsThings
Scratcher
38 posts

planning forum <3

-Squiggle wrote:

Rey_venclaw wrote:

yeah

I was worried for a second that this could bring about some inappropriate responses but then I remembered the community guidelines exist lol and people can always report comments if they seem too negative. so I think most people will be reasonable with their codewords
i can always check to make sure that everyone's responses are scratch-appropriate, I think i'll be doing most of the comment managing anyway and it'd be a good way to know who to look out for
KaleidoArts
Scratcher
18 posts

planning forum <3

Only this much space left in the studio description I think.
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Last edited by KaleidoArts (March 27, 2024 21:11:28)

Kaleido (Xe/Any)

-Squiggle
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

ok I had a bit of trouble adding the rules and things but I managed to squeeze them in just about. I had to remove or reword a couple of things, nothing very big, but let me know if you have a problem with any of it.

the description is looking a lot more finished now all of the parts have come together! if there's anything you wanted to write though, you're still welcome to post it and I'll find a way to add it.

let me know what you think

—–
Squi (she/they)
-Squiggle
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

when we're sure everyone is happy with the description we can start translations btw

and also maybe propose it! (once it has some activity)

Last edited by -Squiggle (March 28, 2024 00:02:16)

—–
Squi (she/they)
Rey_venclaw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

planning forum <3

looks good to me