Discuss Scratch

balleriana_coder
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

Guys even though it didn’t get featured it was still an honor to help with it

Hey what’s up? Make sure to check out some of of my projects!
Join this studio to celebrate autism awareness/acceptance month!

#RedInstead!
SawyerDrawsThings
Scratcher
38 posts

planning forum <3

balleriana_coder wrote:

Guys even though it didn’t get featured it was still an honor to help with it
yeah, for sure!! we did pretty good and I was glad to at least *try* to help(I hope I helped at least)! everyone had such awesome contributions, and it was so nice to see so many people wanting to join the studio. also, this was a pretty good learning experience, I think.
if you'll have me back to help next year, that'd be great! if it's too much though, i'll be glad just to join the studio regularly.
happy may, and great job everyone!
-Squiggle
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

would anyone be interested if we formed a group like this, of people who are interested in neurodiversity representation on Scratch? like an all-year-round one that you could drop in and out of when you like and discuss ideas
because I want to work on stuff still, I'm not done yet

I have a studio for new/hesitant forum users https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34049909/
—–
Squi (she/they)
RoseReef
Scratcher
1000+ posts

planning forum <3

I think neurodiversity pride week is june 10-17 so maybe we could make a studio for that and try to get featured? an all year round one would be super cool too!

Last edited by RoseReef (May 1, 2024 14:22:46)

❝ hee hee ❞
♎︎ gnat | she / they
src host | artist
#horrorSWC2023! #stingrayslays #sophsterslays
SawyerDrawsThings
Scratcher
38 posts

planning forum <3

-Squiggle wrote:

would anyone be interested if we formed a group like this, of people who are interested in neurodiversity representation on Scratch? like an all-year-round one that you could drop in and out of when you like and discuss ideas
I would absolutely love to do that!! especially because something like that could be something I could make stuff for instead of just moderating lol : that way we could keep track of all the neurodiversity awareness / acceptance months and celebrate at least a little for all of them : would it be like neurosquiggles again but more focused on representation and spreading awareness?
-Squiggle
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

SawyerDrawsThings wrote:

-Squiggle wrote:

I would absolutely love to do that!! especially because something like that could be something I could make stuff for instead of just moderating lol : that way we could keep track of all the neurodiversity awareness / acceptance months and celebrate at least a little for all of them : would it be like neurosquiggles again but more focused on representation and spreading awareness?
probably a bit similar to Neuro-Squiggles, yep (though probably a lot smaller in that I'm not gonna invite 5000 curators lol)
the focus could be on people who really want to advocate for neurodiversity, educate people, and who have an interest in it

as well as collaborating on studios and projects, there have been quite a few neurodiversity-related suggestions (now and in the past) on the forums, so we could maybe think about those and how we could actually go about with making any of them a reality

we could also think about the stuff that Scratch already does well for neurodivergent people and what kind of impact it might have

idk, just some ideas

I have a studio for new/hesitant forum users https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34049909/
—–
Squi (she/they)
Rey_venclaw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

planning forum <3

i’d love to be part of something like that :D

❝ I'm Soki, co-leader of Non-Fi, and I am burdened with vacuums and ice cream❞
DonutsLikesNyanCat
Scratcher
100+ posts

planning forum <3

-Squiggle wrote:

SawyerDrawsThings wrote:

-Squiggle wrote:

probably a bit similar to Neuro-Squiggles, yep (though probably a lot smaller in that I'm not gonna invite 5000 curators lol)
the focus could be on people who really want to advocate for neurodiversity, educate people, and who have an interest in it

as well as collaborating on studios and projects, there have been quite a few neurodiversity-related suggestions (now and in the past) on the forums, so we could maybe think about those and how we could actually go about with making any of them a reality

we could also think about the stuff that Scratch already does well for neurodivergent people and what kind of impact it might have

idk, just some ideas
yesss omgg frr and maybe we could do a special theme for april so we don't have to make a whole new studio
-Squiggle
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

DonutsLikesNyanCat wrote:

yesss omgg frr and maybe we could do a special theme for april so we don't have to make a whole new studio
an Autism Awareness/Acceptance Month studio and anything we create would still be separate (it would have to be in order to meet requirements to be featured), the group would just be a bit like a planning forum. and even then, we could also make separate planning forums for separate events if smaller groups of people want to plan certain things. but the group could be where we discuss things overall.

—–
Squi (she/they)
RoseReef
Scratcher
1000+ posts

planning forum <3

RoseReef wrote:

I think neurodiversity pride week is june 10-17 so maybe we could make a studio for that and try to get featured? an all year round one would be super cool too!

bumping this? if we did do a pride week maybe every day could have a new theme or something.

❝ hee hee ❞
♎︎ gnat | she / they
src host | artist
Rey_venclaw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

planning forum <3

RoseReef wrote:

RoseReef wrote:

bumping this? if we did do a pride week maybe every day could have a new theme or something.

but that might interfere with anything the st has planned for lgbtq+ pride month

New_Eeveesans
Scratcher
5 posts

planning forum <3

Hello
RoseReef
Scratcher
1000+ posts

planning forum <3

Rey_venclaw wrote:

but that might interfere with anything the st has planned for lgbtq+ pride month

if the st does anything for pride month it would be for the last week of june like they usually do (i'm pretty sure)

❝ hee hee ❞
♎︎ gnat | she / they
src host | artist
KaleidoArts
Scratcher
18 posts

planning forum <3

-Squiggle wrote:

Oh yeah! I like that idea a lot.

Kaleido (Xe/Any)

ShredCan
Scratcher
16 posts

planning forum <3

since the french translations are done can i do telugu?
-Squiggle
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

ShredCan wrote:

since the french translations are done can i do telugu?
you can if you want to, but it's a bit late now

—–
Squi (she/they)
_Dromaeosauridae_
Scratcher
45 posts

planning forum <3

-Squiggle wrote:

Sure! I'd love to help :3
Wornbear
Scratcher
4 posts

planning forum <3

Hi, guys, this is my first one. This is my first one.
-Squiggle
Scratcher
500+ posts

planning forum <3

Wornbear wrote:

first what?

—–
Squi (she/they)
Rey_venclaw
Scratcher
1000+ posts

planning forum <3

-Squiggle wrote:

Wornbear wrote:

first what?

first post, i think