Discuss Scratch

Prince_Wolf1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Accessibility Tab in account settings (read all of the Bolded part)

*deleted*

Last edited by Prince_Wolf1 (Feb. 18, 2023 22:26:05)

Do you like dogs?
I'm a 12 year old girl who spends most of her time on scratch on the forums.I like Warrior Cats, Percy Jackson, and WW2 books.I love music and I like AJR, BoyWithUke, And Hamilton.

you'll mostly see me in Suggestions, Questions About Scratch, and a little in Bugs And Glitches.I'm also in Things I'm Reading And Playing a little bit.i might be in Warrior Cats and School Computers

remix this with what color you think would be good for scratch’s dark mode!/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Sliverus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Prince_Wolf1 wrote:

It does make sense, but I think doing it for the Ip address might not work as well if people go places.so if it’s possible it could just be for that one device and stay like that until it’s turned off.

PGBFLITE6373 wrote:

I feel hardware would be better, that way it affecting only 1 or two people, depending on if you share a computer.
You’re probably right. Hardware would be better. So would you like to incorporate my suggested idea if it is stored on hardware?
ExtraMental
Scratcher
100+ posts

PGBFLITE6373 wrote:

Sliverus wrote:

-snip-

I think since this topic is about changing all accessibility features, I think you should add this into the OP. Does this make any sense to you? Is there anything that I should change?
It is too broad for this, Usually, it will affect an entire organization instead of one person. That's why IP bans are not that common, and usually are issued in severe cases. I feel hardware would be better, that way it affecting only 1 or two people, depending on if you share a computer. I have no idea if that is possible.

I like these changes, personally. (I like how they look). I could understand how you would hate them. So, a toggle is really nice. Only problem. Where do we put the toggle? As Sliverus mentioned, the changes also appear when logged out. So, we can't put it in account settings. The footer maybe? It might take up too much space, and it will be a semicolon glitch but worse.
Possible in the “edit” or “file” section on the editor, this could mean that even people whoa aren't logged in can still toggle the block colors, I tried them myself and I really do not like it so I hope ST does make it toggleable. Another area would be in the account setting, but this would mean no access to the users who are logged out. But I really do not care if the new block color is the default or not, I just want it toggleable.

- Guy who talks and thinks like he is a wiki article (he is not).

I have over 100 posts now

If am not sleeping or doing something else I am watching the help with scripts discussion page
Dogs-are-amazing1
Scratcher
500+ posts

Semi-support. It should be toggleable, but it shouldn’t be in account settings because of what people said above. I think it should be at the top maybe, so anyone can use it, even if they don’t have an account
Edit: maybe it could look something like this https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/806378250/
When you click it it could look like the account settings page, and if you’re logged in it would show that under the email thing.

Last edited by Dogs-are-amazing1 (Feb. 18, 2023 23:57:09)

_ DOGS ARE THE BEST!
Go see my cattails topic: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/599083/

(O-0)
/ \

Generation Y (11): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
ThatOneFriend117
Scratcher
16 posts

Support , i think letting people who are colorblind see everything is great, but to me, the colors look bad. I think making it an option would not only be great for colorblind people, but also for people who just like the other colors better, but it would also let fans of the old colors keep the look the same.

qwerty_wasd_gone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

shift+ctrl+down arrow to scroll
I may sometimes make mistakes, change my mind, etc., and edit my posts
When (::red) clicked :: events hat
repeat until <key [all v] pressed?>{
destroy this sprite::control cap
when @greenFlag misclicked::events hat
become idiot::custom}::control
(╯°□° ╯︵ ┻━┻::red)::#000000 reporter//this is brad, he creates cursed scripts like the one you saw above
(ㆆ_ㆆ)//this is max, he stares at you with that expression if you say you don't support my suggestion

You found me
Little_Mittle12345
Scratcher
100+ posts

Put it in the scratch home page that could solve the problem.

bfiwurbviubr vkjrnrgiorbgouebijernerjo
e, No Flash version detectededw, No Flash version detecteddw, No Flash version detectedda, No Flash version detected, No Flash version detectedd, No Flash version detectedwa, No Flash version detectedd, No Flash version detecteds, No Flash version detectedd, No Flash version detectedawd, No Flash version detectedwasw
move ()ewd steps
move (aw) steps
move (w) steps
move (dewd) steps
move () steps
move (wad) steps
move () steps
move () steps
move () steps
qwerty_wasd_gone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

(╯°□° ╯︵ ┻━┻::red)::#000000 reporter//this is brad, he creates cursed scripts like the one you saw above
(ㆆ_ㆆ)//this is max, he stares at you with that expression if you say you don't support my suggestion

You found me
qwerty_wasd_gone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

You found me
Little_Mittle12345
Scratcher
100+ posts

bhump

bfiwurbviubr vkjrnrgiorbgouebijernerjo
e, No Flash version detectededw, No Flash version detecteddw, No Flash version detectedda, No Flash version detected, No Flash version detectedd, No Flash version detectedwa, No Flash version detectedd, No Flash version detecteds, No Flash version detectedd, No Flash version detectedawd, No Flash version detectedwasw
move ()ewd steps
move (aw) steps
move (w) steps
move (dewd) steps
move () steps
move (wad) steps
move () steps
move () steps
move () steps
MyScratchedAccount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You have to credit me for making the idea but I lots the link for the button at the bottom of page

Links:

Give An Internet - - My Profile - My Best Project Of The Week - Am I Online? - on wiki, go to my talk

Scratched//Boy/Him/He////Likes Apples//Coder //
—-
Go to Codin[co
MyScratchedAccount
Scratcher
1000+ posts

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

What about the users who don't have a Scratch account? How would they toggle these to whatever they want?
Scratch will save the day! 3 buttons for accessibility on homepage (more accessibility. Only for logged out users)

Link just in case you need it: https://u.cubeupload.com/MyScratchedUploads/B59C7D480AA749DBA902.png

————-
And maybe more accessible accessibility buttons?

Last edited by MyScratchedAccount (Feb. 26, 2023 01:42:41)

Links:

Give An Internet - - My Profile - My Best Project Of The Week - Am I Online? - on wiki, go to my talk

Scratched//Boy/Him/He////Likes Apples//Coder //
—-
Go to Codin[co
Dogs-are-amazing1
Scratcher
500+ posts

Sliverus wrote:

Additionally to what was covered in the OP, I have issues with the front page when the user is logged off. See this post.

The bug-green color does not look very nice upon the cerulean background. But the issue is, you can’t get user-specific with that because that’s the logged-off screen. That’s why I think it should apply to the IP. In other words, if on Account Settings, the last user to sign into the IP prefers to have the accessibility updates off, then the accessibility features will be off until someone else signs in with the preferences on.

This method would actually work out really well, because most people do not have vision problems, and if there really is a house where someone prefers the features on and another user prefers the features off, and they fight over it, that means that there must logically be people in the house that are able to help this user to see the donation box until they log in.

Plus, most users don’t donate anyway, so it’s not too big of an issue. Most colorblind people will not bother. Many of them are children who do not have money. If it is an adult who wants to donate, then it’s fine; they can always sign in, and they will be able to see the button then, plus there is a link at the bottom of every page on the site where you can donate.

I think since this topic is about changing all accessibility features, I think you should add this into the OP. Does this make any sense to you? Is there anything that I should change?
I think it should only work like that if you’re logged out, otherwise it would depend on the account.

_ DOGS ARE THE BEST!

(O-0)
/ \

Generation Y (11): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
Elijah999999
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WHY does everyone hate the new colours so much? Let's face it, within a week of the update, we'll be used to them. As for the heart/star buttons, I didn't like them at first, but after fifteen minutes, I liked them much better than the old colours.

No longer using the forums unless necessary.

Really, stop with the “support/no support” thing. I don't care if you give a reason. If you have a reason you don't need to add this to your post in the first place. Stop acting like your opinion makes a difference. It doesn't. Opinions were never the point. The point is whether or not it's a good suggestion. If you can give a good reason at why this is a good idea or point out a flaw, do it, but don't take sides.
This is not sarcasm.
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Elijah999999 wrote:

WHY does everyone hate the new colours so much? Let's face it, within a week of the update, we'll be used to them. As for the heart/star buttons, I didn't like them at first, but after fifteen minutes, I liked them much better than the old colours.
And I'm here wishing that the heart/star buttons were still fully black (I mean as in when it was intentionally fully black)..
Way too bright, and the black text honestly.

:D: 2.0 is 11 years old https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1018259409/
Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
sonic__fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Elijah999999 wrote:

Nope. Nope. Nope. You shouldn't even be able to talk with others with a mentality like this. Just because there is the possibility of getting used to something, doesn't mean you should be forced to.
If I don't like new colors, there should be an option to not see them. It should not (and will not) be forced upon me to see them simply because others like them.

This is my signature. It is not a part of this post and it appears under every post I make.
Sonic Says
Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but, that's why we have to live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least… that's what I figure.
Hey there, I'm sonic__fan. I just look for good suggestions to add to Scratch.
TECHNOBLADE NEVER DIES
Dogs-are-amazing1
Scratcher
500+ posts

Elijah999999 wrote:

Because it makes my eyes burn

_ DOGS ARE THE BEST!

(O-0)
/ \

Dogs-are-amazing1
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump and

Dogs-are-amazing1 wrote:

Semi-support. It should be toggleable, but it shouldn’t be in account settings because of what people said above. I think it should be at the top maybe, so anyone can use it, even if they don’t have an account
Edit: maybe it could look something like this https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/806378250/
When you click it it could look like the account settings page, and if you’re logged in it would show that under the email thing.

_ DOGS ARE THE BEST!

(O-0)
/ \

D-ScratchNinja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Elijah999999 wrote:

Maybe it's a preference of theirs. Even if you get used to something, you can still prefer the old better than the new for valid reasons. Unfortunately, we sometimes have to prioritize accessibility over peoples' preferences to increase the audience.

D-ScratchNinja • he/him
- The following is my signature, which always shows up below my posts. -

New! Filter through my projects with my website.

Need to fix an issue? Check out this studio for solutions to some common problems!

OS: Windows 11 / Browser: Microsoft Edge / Time zone: PST/PDT
Dogs-are-amazing1
Scratcher
500+ posts

Dogs-are-amazing1 wrote:

Bump and

Dogs-are-amazing1 wrote:

Activity

_ DOGS ARE THE BEST!

(O-0)
/ \