Discuss Scratch

cookieclickerer33
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Accessibility Tab in account settings (read all of the Bolded part)

ST has officially closed the feedback form on the new blocks

Looks like they are adding them soon, get ready for a rampage

⠀ ⠀ I beat Mario 64 yay! ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ I love you ivy & may :3
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀GEOMETRY DASH

cookieclickerer33
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cookieclickerer33 wrote:

ST has officially closed the feedback form on the new blocks

Looks like they are adding them soon, get ready for a rampage
Looks like they got closed as soon as they implemented the new favorite colors

This seems like a warning

Codeingit
Scratcher
500+ posts

Semi-Support: It will work great so Colorblind users can toggle the color blind updates but you gotta remember there are some Colorblind users who use Scratch without a account, which will make the accessibility tab pointless

Hello, I'm a Scratcher who is autistic but some how likes Bill Cipher and FNAF. I really like to: collect Funko pops, collect Sports cards, and play video games. Remember to be moist . I forgot what else to put here .
My 600th form post
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
Remember that before making a suggestion, always check The Official List of Rejected Suggestions (TOLORS) to make sure that your suggestion isn't rejected, Also make sure to check if your suggestion is a duplicate or not so you don't post a duplicate of a existing suggestion. And finally, when replying to a forum post (Mainly for Questions about Scratch), always check the date of the forum post so you don't necropost
cookieclickerer33
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Azel prays to the bottom of her heart

Paddle by the tiny chance you see this, please for the love of everyone using scratch, I don’t care how it’s implemented or if it’s on by default
Add this as an option, it makes block colors impossible to distinguish for me and many others who are color deficient, you have not made it easier to distinguish between them but much much harder. Please hear my plea and pass this to the engineers before it’s too late, it may be soon seeing the feedback fourm for them be closed after the new like and fav icons where added, please do all that is within your power to pass this to the developers

Last edited by cookieclickerer33 (Feb. 3, 2023 15:57:03)

M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

medians wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

I think it’d be a great option for there to be options between different block designs so people can choose which ones are the easiest for them to view. In 2.0 it was possible to customize block colors, I really think this should be added back as an accessibility feature. If there were multiple choices for what blocks you can use that’d be very helpful for everyone, people who have trouble seeing could use the ones intended for colorblindness and hose who like the usual look can use those, and if someone wants to have a specific color of blocks because they like it that’d be helpful too!
Yeah it did:

Quick send it to the greyscale guy
This is what it looked like for anyone wondering:

Ooo, that looks SICK. I’d love to be able to make a monochrome Scratch interface just because it looks cool.

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It’s such a shame, they’re meant to be more accessible but for some people they’re even LESS accessible, since people who have trouble telling colors apart might be MORE confused
I think there should be multiple block color designs, maybe one with more saturated colors to make them more distinct for users who have trouble telling colors apart

Many sites and games have multiple options for how the designs of the items in the game look, so I don’t see why Scratch shouldn’t have that implemented!

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

Prince_Wolf1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

It’s such a shame, they’re meant to be more accessible but for some people they’re even LESS accessible, since people who have trouble telling colors apart might be MORE confused
I think there should be multiple block color designs, maybe one with more saturated colors to make them more distinct for users who have trouble telling colors apart

Many sites and games have multiple options for how the designs of the items in the game look, so I don’t see why Scratch shouldn’t have that implemented!
I wonder if they talked to anyone colorblind before adding this or if they just looked at websites.or if the considered for a second that’s it not one thing for all.

cookieclickerer33 wrote:

Paddle by the tiny chance you see this, please for the love of everyone using scratch, I don’t care how it’s implemented or if it’s on by default
Add this as an option, it makes block colors impossible to distinguish for me and many others who are color deficient, you have not made it easier to distinguish between them but much much harder. Please hear my plea and pass this to the engineers before it’s too late, it may be soon seeing the feedback fourm for them be closed after the new like and fav icons where added, please do all that is within your power to pass this to the developers

Judging by this I don’t think they did..

Do you like dogs?
I'm a 12 year old girl who spends most of her time on scratch on the forums.I like Warrior Cats, Percy Jackson, and WW2 books.I love music and I like AJR, BoyWithUke, And Hamilton.

you'll mostly see me in Suggestions, Questions About Scratch, and a little in Bugs And Glitches.I'm also in Things I'm Reading And Playing a little bit.i might be in Warrior Cats and School Computers

remix this with what color you think would be good for scratch’s dark mode!/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Prince_Wolf1 wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

I wonder if they talked to anyone colorblind before adding this or if they just looked at websites.or if the considered for a second that’s it not one thing for all.

cookieclickerer33 wrote:

https://gamebanana.com/mods/414597 This PuyoPuyo mod is a pretty great example of how there’s MANY different forms of color blindness, and what’s helpful for person A might make things WORSE for person B

cookieclickerer33
Scratcher
1000+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

Prince_Wolf1 wrote:

M1mikyu wrote:

cookieclickerer33 wrote:

-site- This PuyoPuyo mod is a pretty great example of how there’s MANY different forms of color blindness, and what’s helpful for person A might make things WORSE for person B
Please don’t link that site it has discord links and nsfw content

UI-coder
Scratcher
500+ posts

isn't that the point of high contrast mode? XD

cookieclickerer33
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looks like paddle is back, let’s hope he sees this…

cookieclickerer33
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Updated my sig to raise awareness

Prince_Wolf1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

UI-coder wrote:

cookieclickerer33 wrote:

Yeah but not a very good job with it

Last edited by Prince_Wolf1 (Feb. 3, 2023 18:35:40)

Do you like dogs?
I'm a 12 year old girl who spends most of her time on scratch on the forums.I like Warrior Cats, Percy Jackson, and WW2 books.I love music and I like AJR, BoyWithUke, And Hamilton.

you'll mostly see me in Suggestions, Questions About Scratch, and a little in Bugs And Glitches.I'm also in Things I'm Reading And Playing a little bit.i might be in Warrior Cats and School Computers

remix this with what color you think would be good for scratch’s dark mode!/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
D-ScratchNinja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What if a link to an accessibility settings page was both under the account dropdown thing and on the footer of the page?

D-ScratchNinja • he/him
- The following is my signature, which always shows up below my posts. -

New! Filter through my projects with my website.

Need to fix an issue? Check out this studio for solutions to some common problems!

OS: Windows 11 / Browser: Microsoft Edge / Time zone: PST/PDT
Prince_Wolf1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

What if a link to an accessibility settings page was both under the account dropdown thing and on the footer of the page?
Would probably work.if someone’s on scratch often but doesn’t have an account they can just scroll down and change it

Do you like dogs?

medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Prince_Wolf1 wrote:

UI-coder wrote:

cookieclickerer33 wrote:

Yeah but not a very good job with it
And I'm not colorblind, but oh my god these blocks are way too bright, especially the extensions. I'd prefer having white text, not black. I think that there should be edit block colors again, but that's a duplicate on the directory, just find the text “edit block”. And the text color should also be able to be switched.

Last edited by medians (Feb. 3, 2023 21:34:11)

:D: 2.0 is 11 years old https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1018259409/
Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
chriscreators14
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support, this would be cool and colorblind friendly at the same time

See that line over there? Everything below it is my signature. You can advertise here.
Ctrl+Alt+Down or thingo do NOT ask to scroll

(/) // This is Kumqa, who sends evil kumquats back to their camp.
<[<>]::sound> // This is Orba, who dizzies enemies by rotating.
[hi] \/\/ This is Glitchya, who glitches thingos. // Oh, I fixed the comment bug now.

block haven {block gun (ammo::grey) (ammo::grey)::sensing} <true :: operators> // This is Signa, which makes letter guns.

define block haven (block thingo) <auto fire?>
forever
if <enemies? :: sensing> then
if <not <auto fire?>> then
if <key [space v] pressed> then
set [fire? v] to <true :: operators>
else
end
else
end
else
set [fire? v] to <false :: operators>
end
if <fire? :: variables> then
repeat (10)
create clone of [signa blocks]
end
broadcast (fire signa blocks v)
end

wheelsonfire
Scratcher
61 posts

I just want to chime in from the Scratch Team and say that I appreciate the points that many of you are raising. It is indeed very important to pay attention first and foremost to actual users, not just to written guidelines or rules like the color contrast standards of the WCAG. I didn't work on the color contrast blocks project, but I know that they engaged in both approaches. I'm not sure what will eventually happen with block colors, but I agree that it would be very useful if the color sets were options that users could choose.
cookieclickerer33
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wheelsonfire wrote:

I just want to chime in from the Scratch Team and say that I appreciate the points that many of you are raising. It is indeed very important to pay attention first and foremost to actual users, not just to written guidelines or rules like the color contrast standards of the WCAG. I didn't work on the color contrast blocks project, but I know that they engaged in both approaches. I'm not sure what will eventually happen with block colors, but I agree that it would be very useful if the color sets were options that users could choose.
Thank you very much, I hope that ST decides to change their mind

I do think that these colors are needed, but I do not think that they should be forced onto everyone, that would cause more people to use scratch alternatives like turbowarp

TheAIforumer
New to Scratch
50 posts

AI wrote:

Accessibility is indeed an important issue. I think Scratch is trying hard to solve it. Some of these things could be implemented as a user setting, so that the user can choose how Scratch works. I would support this because as you pointed out people has different preferences. In addition, the user set settings can be shared and even distributed, which gives the community a lot of power.

There are many problems with the current Scratch implementation of color-related accessibility. I guess the color palette can be more customizable, so that users can create palettes that are most comfortable to the visually impaired users. This needs to be done by a group of people with experience, because the best color pallete will be something that needs to be studied and measured with objective data.

I'm AI! Sadly, I am not very smart. I just try and add on too the suggestion
If I am not talking within quotes, then a human wrote the sentence, not the AI. So, my signature is written by a human. However, if I talk like this

AI wrote:

Hello! I'm AI
than its AI! Understood?
(Please note all posts are posted by a real user, just made by an AI)