Discuss Scratch

Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Accessibility Tab in account settings (read all of the Bolded part)

wheelsonfire wrote:

I just want to chime in from the Scratch Team and say that I appreciate the points that many of you are raising. It is indeed very important to pay attention first and foremost to actual users, not just to written guidelines or rules like the color contrast standards of the WCAG. I didn't work on the color contrast blocks project, but I know that they engaged in both approaches. I'm not sure what will eventually happen with block colors, but I agree that it would be very useful if the color sets were options that users could choose.
So that means it will be toggleable?

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
Little_Mittle12345
Scratcher
100+ posts

Huge support. I hate the new blocks and dislike the star/heart change, so this tab would be great.

bfiwurbviubr vkjrnrgiorbgouebijernerjo
e, No Flash version detectededw, No Flash version detecteddw, No Flash version detectedda, No Flash version detected, No Flash version detectedd, No Flash version detectedwa, No Flash version detectedd, No Flash version detecteds, No Flash version detectedd, No Flash version detectedawd, No Flash version detectedwasw
move ()ewd steps
move (aw) steps
move (w) steps
move (dewd) steps
move () steps
move (wad) steps
move () steps
move () steps
move () steps
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Paddle2see wrote:

Well - any time we change anything, we get suggestions like this to make it an option. More options makes for more complexity and a product that is harder to learn and harder to maintain. So I think it's best to try and live with the change for a while and see if it really is so bothersome.

We have to wait for this to be added. Right now it's a new thing which means ST will wait for us to fully review the changes and see if it should be toggleable. Note that does not mean it won't be added. It just won't happen yet rn. For now, we have to wait until the full site is vision-friendly Then it can be added.

I support this however though. This can be good for people who don't need this. But I suggest the vision-friendly should be default for those who have vision problems.

Last edited by Crispydogs101 (Feb. 17, 2023 01:39:21)

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
7salad3salad
Scratcher
1000+ posts

along with a settings page for this, there should also be an option to toggle accessibility settings when creating account, which would say something like:
Enable accessibility settings? This includes colorblind support, etc.

Forumer Post Count Bar Graph! (inspired by AIGamesDeveloper)
Project: Forummon by randomguy3513
hi, contrast
JUST BECAUSE THERES A WORKAROUND ISNT A GOOD REASON TO NOT SUPPORT!!!

dont call me 7salad
dont call me 7salsa lol
just simply “Salad” will do.

:]::#00289A// This is my pet Noobles! He protects my signature from [i]unwanted guests[/i]

B){

}::#800080//This is Noobles' big brother, Probles. He has returned and Noobles is happy to see him!
//oh, yeah, he is also cool so he wears sunglasses.

:P::cap sensing//This is their little brother, Doobles

old banner thnng
qwerty_wasd_gone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

99999999999999999999% support, I dislike the new colors
ST PLEASE MAKE IT OPTIONAL

Last edited by qwerty_wasd_gone (Feb. 17, 2023 03:50:09)

shift+ctrl+down arrow to scroll
I may sometimes make mistakes, change my mind, etc., and edit my posts
When (::red) clicked :: events hat
repeat until <key [all v] pressed?>{
destroy this sprite::control cap
when @greenFlag misclicked::events hat
become idiot::custom}::control
(╯°□° ╯︵ ┻━┻::red)::#000000 reporter//this is brad, he creates cursed scripts like the one you saw above
(ㆆ_ㆆ)//this is max, he stares at you with that expression if you say you don't support my suggestion

You found me
Drac0MaIf0y
Scratcher
59 posts

wolfburrito95 wrote:

Huge support. I hate the new blocks and dislike the star/heart change, so this tab would be great.
Same!
qwerty_wasd_gone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

OH NO, THEY CHANGED THE REMIX BUTTON!

(╯°□° ╯︵ ┻━┻::red)::#000000 reporter//this is brad, he creates cursed scripts like the one you saw above
(ㆆ_ㆆ)//this is max, he stares at you with that expression if you say you don't support my suggestion

You found me
Scratchedbyyou_alt
Scratcher
17 posts

support, i hate the changes, the were many complaints in the questions forum about it anyways

Last edited by Scratchedbyyou_alt (Feb. 17, 2023 04:59:57)

Alternate account of @scratchedbyyou
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

qwerty_wasd_gone wrote:

99999999999999999999% support, I dislike the new colors
ST PLEASE MAKE IT OPTIONAL
Please take a deep breath.
(Now before you think I disagree it can happen in a while be patient right not it's a new thing and ST needs reviews do see if this should be toggleable or not)

Hey! Look at this DTA!
heybuddycanigeta
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support! Tho I don’t REALLY mind the new changes (in my opinion, I actually quite like the darker border on the heart, star, and other buttons. idk just more details and stuff looks way better to me), the darker remix button just doesn’t look good at all to me and I’d like to change it if I had a option.

uhh.
qwerty_wasd_gone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

they changed that thing when you're not signed in
I think this will get bad

Last edited by qwerty_wasd_gone (Feb. 17, 2023 06:18:06)

You found me
sonic__fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So, this will let you change back the OG heart, star, and remix buttons, as well as reverting to the OG block colors?
Support, customizability is always a good thing, people can change stuff to their liking.
Perhaps you can also change to dark mode when that gets implemented!

This is my signature. It is not a part of this post and it appears under every post I make.
Sonic Says
Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but, that's why we have to live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least… that's what I figure.
Hey there, I'm sonic__fan. I just look for good suggestions to add to Scratch.
TECHNOBLADE NEVER DIES
-OdysseyCentral-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I support. I don’t really think more settings = more complexity. It is more settings = more customization. The fact of adding more setting meaning more complexity didn’t stop ST of adding the modes to April Fools, right? I imagine it would be like this April Fools modes, accessed in the project editor by a button on the up bar.

The Honey Shop is back! Check us out on the Requests forum!

=== ♪ ♬ ♫ ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Champion’s Road, from Odyssey’s Ultimate Playlist ♩ ♭ ♫ ===
=== 1:37 ───ㅇ───── 4.01 ↻ Previous Song: Battle on The Great Tower◁ II ▷Next song: Ground (SMW) ↺. ♬ ♪ ♩===
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Note the new blocks may not be added

wheelsonfire wrote:

The design process is still underway, there's no specific decision on how to make the alternate block colors available.

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Sliverus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Additionally to what was covered in the OP, I have issues with the front page when the user is logged off. See this post.

The bug-green color does not look very nice upon the cerulean background. But the issue is, you can’t get user-specific with that because that’s the logged-off screen. That’s why I think it should apply to the IP. In other words, if on Account Settings, the last user to sign into the IP prefers to have the accessibility updates off, then the accessibility features will be off until someone else signs in with the preferences on.

This method would actually work out really well, because most people do not have vision problems, and if there really is a house where someone prefers the features on and another user prefers the features off, and they fight over it, that means that there must logically be people in the house that are able to help this user to see the donation box until they log in.

Plus, most users don’t donate anyway, so it’s not too big of an issue. Most colorblind people will not bother. Many of them are children who do not have money. If it is an adult who wants to donate, then it’s fine; they can always sign in, and they will be able to see the button then, plus there is a link at the bottom of every page on the site where you can donate.

I think since this topic is about changing all accessibility features, I think you should add this into the OP. Does this make any sense to you? Is there anything that I should change?
PGBFLITE6373
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sliverus wrote:

-snip-

I think since this topic is about changing all accessibility features, I think you should add this into the OP. Does this make any sense to you? Is there anything that I should change?
It is too broad for this, Usually, it will affect an entire organization instead of one person. That's why IP bans are not that common, and usually are issued in severe cases. I feel hardware would be better, that way it affecting only 1 or two people, depending on if you share a computer. I have no idea if that is possible.

I like these changes, personally. (I like how they look). I could understand how you would hate them. So, a toggle is really nice. Only problem. Where do we put the toggle? As Sliverus mentioned, the changes also appear when logged out. So, we can't put it in account settings. The footer maybe? It might take up too much space, and it will be a semicolon glitch but worse.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
How to make siggie
donotforgetmycode
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PGBFLITE6373 wrote:

I like these changes, personally. (I like how they look). I could understand how you would hate them. So, a toggle is really nice. Only problem. Where do we put the toggle? As Sliverus mentioned, the changes also appear when logged out. So, we can't put it in account settings. The footer maybe? It might take up too much space, and it will be a semicolon glitch but worse.
Maybe a separate page like “scratch.mit.edu/accessibility”, with a link in the footer?

This text under the grey line is my signature. It's not part of my post, but it automatically shows up under all of my posts.

I recommend reading jvvg and Sliverus's essays.

She/her

Stuff at the bottom of my signature:

for \({
set [i v] to [0]
}; <(i) < [10]>; {
change [i v] by (1)
}) \{{
think (i) for (1) secs
}} :: control
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6785965/

Paddle2See wrote:

Would you recommend a confirmation dialog box on that action?

Please forgive my crude mock-up.

By the way - this is rejected for safety reasons.

An0therRand0mC0der wrote:

a bully with a big belly steals your moist cheesy beef
music origins
Be horizontal —
(thanks @thugatwoary and @Za-Chary)
Be high contrast
Generation -1: The first time you see this, copy and paste it on top of your signature in the Scratch forums, and decrease the generation by 1. Social experiment.
i ran out of characters
Kumquat lore
The Scratch Forums support bf +-<>[],.
_3thou_
It seems I can still use assets in my signature. test:
;
PGBFLITE6373
Scratcher
1000+ posts

donotforgetmycode wrote:

PGBFLITE6373 wrote:

Maybe a separate page like “scratch.mit.edu/accessibility”, with a link in the footer?
I think it will run into the same problem as the forums, not noticed enough. Maybe a link on the banner? It might look stupid, though. I might make a mock-up of it.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
How to make siggie
nde100
New to Scratch
85 posts

donotforgetmycode wrote:

I guess there should be some kind of a settings icon at the header, along with “My stuff” and “Messages” icons-
Prince_Wolf1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PGBFLITE6373 wrote:

donotforgetmycode wrote:

PGBFLITE6373 wrote:

I think it will run into the same problem as the forums, not noticed enough. Maybe a link on the banner? It might look stupid, though. I might make a mock-up of it.
Maybe when you’re signed out it can go at the top and take you for settings?would it be possible for it to only be for that one device?

Sliverus wrote:

Additionally to what was covered in the OP, I have issues with the front page when the user is logged off. See this post.

The bug-green color does not look very nice upon the cerulean background. But the issue is, you can’t get user-specific with that because that’s the logged-off screen. That’s why I think it should apply to the IP. In other words, if on Account Settings, the last user to sign into the IP prefers to have the accessibility updates off, then the accessibility features will be off until someone else signs in with the preferences on.

This method would actually work out really well, because most people do not have vision problems, and if there really is a house where someone prefers the features on and another user prefers the features off, and they fight over it, that means that there must logically be people in the house that are able to help this user to see the donation box until they log in.

Plus, most users don’t donate anyway, so it’s not too big of an issue. Most colorblind people will not bother. Many of them are children who do not have money. If it is an adult who wants to donate, then it’s fine; they can always sign in, and they will be able to see the button then, plus there is a link at the bottom of every page on the site where you can donate.

It does make sense, but I think doing it for the Ip address might not work as well if people go places.so if it’s possible it could just be for that one device and stay like that until it’s turned off.

Do you like dogs?
I'm a 12 year old girl who spends most of her time on scratch on the forums.I like Warrior Cats, Percy Jackson, and WW2 books.I love music and I like AJR, BoyWithUke, And Hamilton.

you'll mostly see me in Suggestions, Questions About Scratch, and a little in Bugs And Glitches.I'm also in Things I'm Reading And Playing a little bit.i might be in Warrior Cats and School Computers

remix this with what color you think would be good for scratch’s dark mode!/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////