Discuss Scratch

FanaticReturns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add an option for the project to stop loading.

The_Blue_J wrote:

Bump! Bump! Bump!
King Of The Page
HoW Is iT A BuMp tOpIc?

I'm a retired scratcher since May 28th 2023.
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZZZDUD wrote:

The_Blue_J wrote:

ZZZDUD wrote:

The_Blue_J wrote:

cs3868895 wrote:

The_Blue_J wrote:

cs3868895 wrote:

Semi support. I'm both a computer and mobile user. Why would I even need it for the computer, my phone crashes a lot so that's needed, unless it is a big project that can't be accessed on mobile, so it needs to be accessed by a computer. My computer runs fine so….
Not all have the convenience to use a computer for scratch everytime they have to interact with the Scratch Community.
Ik that. Actually you know what nvm, make the button accessible to all devices pls.
Exactly, scratch should be accessible for all users, no matter the device.
I have a Computer but the timezone is lined up, so when all of the people in the Community that I know get on, It's midnight for me, Sometimes 6 AM!
Can't do much about the timezone problem.
Yeah then I can't really upload images (I don't have a CubeUpload account btw), use a lot of BBCode, Program or do anything else complicated because I am on a Tablet at Midnight (Rarely on a Computer)

Last edited by The_Blue_J (March 21, 2023 11:39:10)

(☆ ᴗ ☆:: custom-arg) // Here is FARFR, He stands for Frequently Asked Reasons For Rejection and protects my topics and my signatures.
Here's the game I worked on the most..ㅤ:: variables :: hat

The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FanaticReturns wrote:

The_Blue_J wrote:

Bump! Bump! Bump!
King Of The Page
HoW Is iT A BuMp tOpIc?
Scratchers have not replied….

(☆ ᴗ ☆:: custom-arg) // Here is FARFR, He stands for Frequently Asked Reasons For Rejection and protects my topics and my signatures.

The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump..

The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump…

Dogs-are-amazing1
Scratcher
500+ posts

]

ZZZDUD wrote:

The_Blue_J wrote:

ZZZDUD wrote:

The_Blue_J wrote:

cs3868895 wrote:

The_Blue_J wrote:

cs3868895 wrote:

Semi support. I'm both a computer and mobile user. Why would I even need it for the computer, my phone crashes a lot so that's needed, unless it is a big project that can't be accessed on mobile, so it needs to be accessed by a computer. My computer runs fine so….
Not all have the convenience to use a computer for scratch everytime they have to interact with the Scratch Community.
Ik that. Actually you know what nvm, make the button accessible to all devices pls.
Exactly, scratch should be accessible for all users, no matter the device.
I have a Computer but the timezone is lined up, so when all of the people in the Community that I know get on, It's midnight for me, Sometimes 6 AM!
Can't do much about the timezone problem.
Yeah then I can't really upload images (I don't have a CubeUpload account btw), use a lot of BBCode, Program or do anything else complicated because I am on a Tablet at Midnight (Rarely on a Computer)
? I use an iPad all the time and I can do all of that, other than resizing lists and uploading
Big projects don’t work well, but that’s probably only safari
Maybe it depends on the age or it’s the brand?

Last edited by Dogs-are-amazing1 (April 27, 2023 11:27:11)

_ DOGS ARE THE BEST!
Go see my cattails topic: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/599083/

(O-0)
/ \

Generation Y (11): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dogs-are-amazing1 wrote:

I use an iPad all the time and I can do all of that, other than resizing lists and uploading
Big projects don't work well on handheld devices (devices that can be easily carried in your hand like mobile, ipad etc…), as they have low RAM (data storage)

Quite a lot of scratchers use it as a way to interact with Scratch, and quite a lot of big projects get ads, spam, unconstructive posts etc…, which should be able to be dealt with by scratchers that use handheld devices to interact with scratch, not just scratchers that use a PC

Also, pls don't use a lot of unnecessary styling, it makes it harder to edit posts and clogs the forums… Only use where necessary

Last edited by The_Blue_J (April 21, 2023 20:41:38)

Dogs-are-amazing1
Scratcher
500+ posts

The_Blue_J wrote:

Dogs-are-amazing1 wrote:

I use an iPad all the time and I can do all of that, other than resizing lists and uploading
Big projects don't work well on handheld devices (devices that can be easily carried in your hand like mobile, ipad etc…), as they have low RAM (data storage)

Quite a lot of scratchers use it as a way to interact with Scratch, and quite a lot of big projects get ads, spam, unconstructive posts etc…, which should be able to be dealt with by scratchers that use handheld devices to interact with scratch, not just scratchers that use a PC

Also, pls don't use a lot of unnecessary styling, it makes it harder to edit posts and clogs the forums… Only use where necessary
Big projects don’t work well, and crash once I’m on the page, but a lot of the other stuff mobile users can do. What do you mean by styling?

_ DOGS ARE THE BEST!
Go see my cattails topic: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/599083/

(O-0)
/ \

Generation Y (11): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dogs-are-amazing1 wrote:

Dogs-are-amazing1 wrote:

Big projects don’t work well, and crash once I’m on the page, but a lot of the other stuff mobile users can do. What do you mean by styling?
Adding a lot of styling like this
[b][b][[i][u][s][/s][/u][/i][i][u][s][b][i][u][big][/big][/u][/i][/b][/s][/u][/i]/b][/b]

I'm adding an option to interact with the comments of big projects, that's something mobile users cannot do, as they can't load the project…

Last edited by The_Blue_J (April 22, 2023 05:21:46)

Elijah999999
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Or maybe a message that automatically pops up saying, “Sorry, this project is to big to load.”

No longer using the forums unless necessary.

Really, stop with the “support/no support” thing. I don't care if you give a reason. If you have a reason you don't need to add this to your post in the first place. Stop acting like your opinion makes a difference. It doesn't. Opinions were never the point. The point is whether or not it's a good suggestion. If you can give a good reason at why this is a good idea or point out a flaw, do it, but don't take sides.
This is not sarcasm.
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Elijah999999 wrote:

Or maybe a message that automatically pops up saying, “Sorry, this project is to big to load.”
how its gonna work?

-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support
ZanterZlox
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Support
Please state why you support. Saying only “Support” doesn't contribute to the conversation.

I took signature quite literally

The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Elijah999999 wrote:

We need to decide an appropriate size limit for that, which could differ from scratcher to scratcher, setting their own limits by pressing the stop loading button might be a better idea…

Elijah999999
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The_Blue_J wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

We need to decide an appropriate size limit for that, which could differ from scratcher to scratcher, setting their own limits by pressing the stop loading button might be a better idea…
What I meant was that it automatically stops loading when the page starts to lag.

No longer using the forums unless necessary.

Really, stop with the “support/no support” thing. I don't care if you give a reason. If you have a reason you don't need to add this to your post in the first place. Stop acting like your opinion makes a difference. It doesn't. Opinions were never the point. The point is whether or not it's a good suggestion. If you can give a good reason at why this is a good idea or point out a flaw, do it, but don't take sides.
This is not sarcasm.
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Elijah999999 wrote:

The_Blue_J wrote:

Elijah999999 wrote:

What I meant was that it automatically stops loading when the page starts to lag.
Some scratchers may be able to continue with the lag, while some crash almost immediately after detection of lag…

ApertureLabsScratch
Scratcher
1 post

Sorry, but it can't be

when green flag clicked
create experiment :: control

experimentor :: control hat
move (10) steps
forever
create science :: #228b22
end
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ApertureLabsScratch wrote:

Sorry, but it can't be
Pls elaborate the reason why you don't think it will be implemented…

54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support because for some projects, I can't fully post my reply(ies) without the tab crashing before I can press post or finish typing.

Everything below the grey line right above is my signature. By the way, my signature isn't related to my post in case you didn't know.
Welcome to the world of @54387a!™
Try out my projects.
To donate an internet, go here.
Go here to check if your suggestion is rejected. To check if your topic is a duplicate, use ocular. Remember, don't post on irrelevant topics otherwise that's necroposting. By the way, if you feel like your project/studio was wrongfully taken down, tell the Scratch Team through Contact Us.
Whenever you see something that looks clearly offensive and/or something not Scratch-appropriate, report it.
Purple specimen

Creating Content since October 2022
1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

54387a wrote:

Support because for some projects, I can't fully post my reply(ies) without the tab crashing before I can press post or finish typing.
Indeed… #notanecropost