Discuss Scratch

The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Add an option for the project to stop loading.

For mobile users, most projects are too big for it's storage, leading to the page crashing.

But sometimes, mobile users don't click a project to see it, only to interact with the comments section of that project, Eg:- to stop an advertiser, but there is a very short time window for interaction before the project above is too big to handle.

So I think there should be an option to stop loading a project, this will help mobile users also to interact with the comments section in projects!

Last edited by The_Blue_J (March 16, 2023 15:12:17)

(☆ ᴗ ☆:: custom-arg) // Here is FARFR, He stands for Frequently Asked Reasons For Rejection and protects my topics and my signatures.
Here's the game I worked on the most..ㅤ:: variables :: hat

WindowsMeRules2000
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support. I have a huge project that only loads on my tablet for some reason and it got curated but sometimes it crashes and all i want to do is respond to comments

Having trouble with My Stuff, or profile comments? Discuss the issues here: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/727967/
Hello, I’m WindowsMeRules2000. I am mainly active on Questions about Scratch, Help with Scripts, Suggestions, and Bugs and Glitches, and I often reply to posts with zero responses. I like Love Live! and Doki Doki Literature Club. Follow me so I can get to 2K!

I apologise but my signature (and now yours) has the Social Virus and cannot appear in public. If you have seen this social experiment and want to join in, simply replace your signature (or a line of your signature) with this.

(๑\>◡\<๑ :: sensing) // This is Sayori, she spreads positive vibes
(¬_¬ :: #ffc2fd) // This is Natsuki, she prevents dupe suggestions and identifies rejected suggestions
(ーー; :: looks) // This is Yuri, she answers questions in the QaS forum
(:\) :: pen) // This is Monika, she helps people in the Help with Scripts forum

The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WindowsMeRules2000 wrote:

Support. I have a huge project that only loads on my tablet for some reason and it got curated but sometimes it crashes and all i want to do is respond to comments
Thanks!

(☆ ᴗ ☆:: custom-arg) // Here is FARFR, He stands for Frequently Asked Reasons For Rejection and protects my topics and my signatures.

The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump!

scratchgodo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Instead of a stop loading button a pause loading button so if a project that is loading starts to lag it can be paused so the user can close other tabs and windows.

(Thanks to butterfly_cat8 for part of the thumbnail for Cat TV used in this banner.)

Suggest purple things on my profile I can feed to Cat Posts, Cat Comments, Cat Replies or even better the Cat Profile in the link.
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchgodo wrote:

Instead of a stop loading button a pause loading button so if a project that is loading starts to lag it can be paused so the user can close other tabs and windows.
If you accidentally clicked the pause button, it could cancel all the messages you were going to post if you aren't fast enough, reloading the page could be an easy workaround and it's easy to notice when you're about to click it.

GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Assuming the user made it on the device, it shouldn’t crash. However, this would be a nice feature, however, using something more powerful, like a computer, is what Scratch was designed for(coming from a mobile user!)
There are a few other ways- using another browser, clearing your cache, restarting the device, etc.

this is my signature
I have exactly 8934 posts
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

Assuming the user made it on the device, it shouldn’t crash. However, this would be a nice feature, however, using something more powerful, like a computer, is what Scratch was designed for(coming from a mobile user!)
There are a few other ways- using another browser, clearing your cache, restarting the device, etc.
That doesn't help much though, ussually, it still crashes.

GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The_Blue_J wrote:

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

With the assumption you made it on mobile, it shouldn’t. But, the cache may not have enough room for the project itself, so clearing it is a good first step.
If you didn’t, its assumed you have access to a computer you could use, which you could use. Ultimately, if it is to big for mobile, than that’s always the best way to go.
Using another browser, this issue I’ve only ever had on Safari. When i use DuckDuckGo, it doesn’t crash for me, just gives me the error screen in the player. Same with Google. This happened on a Samsung phone and Apple iPad. Its only Safari, from my knowledge, where that issue is caused.
Also, the ST doesn’t include a suggestion cuz of numbers of supporters, they includes them cuz of why people support.

Last edited by GIitchInTheMatrix (Nov. 1, 2022 16:17:48)

this is my signature
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

Also, the ST doesn’t include a suggestion cuz of numbers of supporters, they includes them cuz of why people support.
I think my supporters have supported for pretty good reasons.

Last edited by The_Blue_J (March 16, 2023 15:15:44)

GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The_Blue_J wrote:

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

The_Blue_J wrote:

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

I think my supporters have supported for pretty good reasons.
I mean the list you have. They’re generally discouraged

this is my signature
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

The_Blue_J wrote:

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

With the assumption you made it on mobile, it shouldn’t. But, the cache may not have enough room for the project itself, so clearing it is a good first step.
If you didn’t, its assumed you have access to a computer you could use, which you could use. Ultimately, if it is to big for mobile, than that’s always the best way to go.
Using another browser, this issue I’ve only ever had on Safari. When i use DuckDuckGo, it doesn’t crash for me, just gives me the error screen in the player. Same with Google. This happened on a Samsung phone and Apple iPad. Its only Safari, from my knowledge, where that issue is caused.
Not many people want to meddle with the settings unless they know what they're doing, Scratch is mostly a website for younger audiences

GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The_Blue_J wrote:

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

The_Blue_J wrote:

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

Not many people want to meddle with the settings unless they know what they're doing, Scratch is mostly a website for younger audiences
You should learn how to hold down the volume and power button for a few moments if you’re on mobile anyways.

this is my signature
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GIitchInTheMatrix wrote:

I mean the list you have. They’re generally discouraged
OK, it's been removed!

Last edited by The_Blue_J (March 16, 2023 15:13:24)

The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Someone forgot to bump this
I have a feeling the next message is probably “Don't necropost” :P

Last edited by The_Blue_J (March 4, 2023 20:10:08)

-OdysseyCentral-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support. I’m a mobile user and sometimes I just want to check are people saying anything about Super Mario Maker 4 in the comments but the project is so large that it immediately lags the website so much that there is only 15-20 seconds before crashing, but because of the amount of lag I’m only able to scroll like 3 comments.

The Honey Shop is back! Check us out on the Requests forum!

=== ♪ ♬ ♫ ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : Champion’s Road, from Odyssey’s Ultimate Playlist ♩ ♭ ♫ ===
=== 1:37 ───ㅇ───── 4.01 ↻ Previous Song: Battle on The Great Tower◁ II ▷Next song: Ground (SMW) ↺. ♬ ♪ ♩===
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-OdysseyCentral- wrote:

Support. I’m a mobile user and sometimes I just want to check are people saying anything about Super Mario Maker 4 in the comments but the project is so large that it immediately lags the website so much that there is only 15-20 seconds before crashing, but because of the amount of lag I’m only able to scroll like 3 comments.
Exactly, it would help in stopping spam and advertising and such

Dogs-are-amazing1
Scratcher
500+ posts

Support, I’m a mobile user and I’d rather just go off the page than wait for it to crash and not be able to do anything.

_ DOGS ARE THE BEST!
Go see my cattails topic: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/599083/

(O-0)
/ \

Generation Y (11): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
The_Blue_J
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dogs-are-amazing1 wrote:

Support, I’m a mobile user and I’d rather just go off the page than wait for it to crash and not be able to do anything.
Exactly, we should at least be able to interact with the comments section.