Discuss Scratch

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

✎ Dᴀɪʟʏ 20 ✎
✎ 218 ᴡᴏʀᴅs ✎

Cʀɪᴛɪᴏ̨ᴜᴇ ᴛᴏ Sᴏᴋɪ (@Rᴇʏ_ᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ)

Soki this is incredible! It's really good! The pace of the story sometimes is confusing sometimes. I like how you go from what's happening to the memories to explain what's going on. Some comments I have are:

scraps of ancient memories distorted beyond repair by so long in isolation.
Here I would add a comma after memories! It sounds as a bit of a run-on sentence without it ^^

My only choice is to wait it out, let it happen. It's not much of a choice. Thankfully, it doesn't take long.
In this part I would take the “it out” out. At first I thought it should say “let it out” but then I understood. It may just be me but it's a bit confusing. And instead of a period I would put a semicolon after “choice”. choice; thankfully

The memories freeze for a moment, a fraction of a second barely long enough for me to draw a breath before I am plunged back in.
I am not really sure what to tell you about this sentence. The “a fraction of a second barely long enough” sounds a bit off too me, as if it was too much description in not that many words. I would take something out in there, but it's your choice.

I don't really know what else to tell you Soki! This is really an awesome piece, and I enjoyed reading it a lot! I recommend reading it outloud to check if anything else sounds off or as if it shouldn't be there! As always this are just some suggestions I have and if you think it's best not to change things that's fine!

♫ Re • she/her • dancer, singer, writer • #DystopianForTheWin! ♫
RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

✎Wᴇᴇᴋʟʏ 3 ✎
✎ 2850 ᴡᴏʀᴅs✎

Pᴀʀᴛ 1 - 840 ᴡᴏʀᴅs
Bʀᴀɪɴsᴛᴏʀᴍɪɴɢ - 128 ᴡᴏʀᴅs

- wide jungle with no animals
- emperor chosen by himself
- two neighbor territories
- wolves seen as spiritual and powerful creatures
- hard magic system, magic is prohibited
- purple star symbolizing royalty
- futuristic and technological setting
- no speaking with words
- value harmony (as a society)
- music is really important (as a society)
- Floating city
- women seen as sacred creatures
- clothes are mostly black
- diet is both plant and meat based
- houses made of food
- weapons are a part of their culture (as a society)
- magic is channeled through music
- music is used as a weapon
- people are considered intelligent and important if they have multiple animals
- sky changes color depending on the season
- soft magic system, magic is used everywhere
- soft magic system, only those with royal blood can use magic

Cᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛɪɴɢ - 284 ᴡᴏʀᴅs
There are two neighboring territories in this part of the world, Qoer and Sarcia. Qoer is the main setting of the story. Both Qoer and Sarcia are monarchies. In both territories wolves are seen as spiritual and powerful creatures, so wolves are what unite both territories. They have their differences and they don’t agree on a lot of things but wolves are important for both. Even if they don’t agree on some things they don’t fight as both territories value harmony.
In Qoer they do not speak with words on their own, but with sounds, actions, and music. They might say a few words while doing music, and they might sing but they never use words on their own. They do write words sometimes, but normally they don’t. Qoer is a floating city, while Sarcia is an underground one. Qoer is above the clouds, so the street floor is made of clouds. The sky changes its color not depending on weather or time but on the season it is on. So in spring the sky is a light blue, in summer a bright blue, in fall it has orange and brown tones, and in winter it is white and light blue.
In both Qoer and Sarcia there is magic, but only those with royal blood can use it. Magic is channeled through music, and music is also used as a weapon. Everyone can use music, but just the royal family can use magic with it.
When it comes to clothes, citizens are commanded to use mostly black clothes. You can use one or two accessories that are not black or maybe your shoes have blue stripes, but black is the color of the kingdom.

Nᴀʀʀᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ - 428 ᴡᴏʀᴅs
It’s been really long since I saw something as impressive as Qoer, the floating city. Even when I was just at the border of the city it was something marvelous. Feeling the clouds under your feet was one of the most satisfying sensations I’ve felt. The city itself is really pretty, the gray and white buildings along with the colorful ones. I visited Qoer in fall so the sky had a beautiful orange tone, it was almost night when I saw it.
When I first got there everyone looked at me in a weird manner, as if I was walking naked. Then I learned that it was because of my clothes, everyone is commanded to wear black clothes, with very little of other colors. I was wearing a bright yellow shirt along with blue pants, so it wasn’t a surprise I stood out. After a day of being there I was given some basic black clothes to wear until I could buy my own.
While I was having a tour around, someone told me about Sarcia, it’s the neighboring territory. It’s an underground city! I was so excited about going to Sarcia, I wanted to see the difference between being on the sky and on the ground. When I went to visit I noticed everything was different except one thing. Just like in Qoer they had something for wolves. They adored them, I didn’t understand why until someone explained it to me. In both places wolves are spiritual animals, they are sacred. They have beautiful paintings and things dedicated to wolves, it is really nice.
At first people talked to me but I was told that I shouldn’t use words, as no one did. They communicate in other ways, not just simple words. It’s really hard but really nice actually. You can express a lot more things without just words. They use music, actions, sounds, and signs. It took me some time to get used to it, but it’s been an interesting experience. The most recent thing I’ve learned is how to use music to do things, everyone uses music. The guards use music as a weapon, which is impressive. But the most impressive thing is the magic in the music. People with royal blood have magic, and they channel their magic through music. Music is everywhere.
Another thing I’ve noticed is how there are almost no conflicts. I learned that in both Qoer and Sarcia they value harmony a lot. I’m really glad I moved to Qoer, I’m sure it’s gonna be a great place to live.

Pᴀʀᴛ 2 - 973 ᴡᴏʀᴅs
How is the magic in the world used in the character’s everyday lives? What are the different abilities?
Magic is mostly used by the royal family. Yes, they are rich and have all the luxuries royals normally have, but their most important thing is magic. They do everything with it, from doing their beds to making dinner. Citizens also have magic, but a really small quantity. They use music to do things. Not things like making themselves a coffee, but things like working. For example there are people who use music to plant, others use it to make great quantities of food, and music even moves vehicles.
89 words
What is an important symbol of your world?
There are two symbols that are really important to my world. The first one is a silver wolf. As I said before (in my world) wolves are seen as spiritual and sacred creatures. The wolf symbol represents the connection between both territories and the spiritual creature. Sometimes a silver wolf symbol is used to show peace, or power, it all depends on the situation it is in. The second symbol is a black diamond. The black diamond shows who is part of the royal family as well as who possesses magic.
91 words
What is the origin of your magic?
Music. Magic came when the first people moved into Qoer. They were all connected to music. The mother of their family was really into music, she loved it. And one day while singing she found something, a place with magic. She didn't know what it was and explored the place. There she found a magic source, a cloud with magic properties. She kept singing and she touched the cloud. The magic got into her and it also spread around the whole city. The magic in her family is stronger because she was the one to discover it and it got in her blood.
103 words
How common is magic, and are all characters aware they possess it?
Magic is actually really common but the characters do not know it. As far as the characters know, only people with royal blood are capable of doing magic, but in reality everyone has magic. Every citizen born in Qoer and/or Sarcia has magic, but their magic is really weak and little. Meanwhile the royal family can do a lot of things with magic, and their magic is way more powerful than the one of the citizens. Only the king knows that everyone has magic.
85 words
What are the limitations of your world’s magic?
The biggest limitation is blood. Magic runs through everyone’s blood, but royal blood is important. Magic in people with royal blood is more powerful and useful. Meanwhile, citizens do have a bit of magic but are pretty limited. They don’t even know they have magic. They can use music to do things, and that is magic, but they have big limits. They can’t use magic for a long period of time, they can’t use magic for two things at a time, they can’t use magic on people, and there are a lot of more limitations for them.
97 words
Does magic affect the government of your world? If so, how?
Yes it does. Magic runs through royal blood more than any other blood. If you don’t have magic as powerful as a royal should, you aren’t allowed to have the throne. And if you have powerful magic (to the level of a royal) you are tested to see if you have what is needed to rule. Most times magic goes with genetics, but there are exceptions. If you aren’t part of the royal family but for some reason you have magic, it may be because there is something special in you. And if you are a royal without the magic necessary it is believed that it is because you are not made for leading and if you lead there could be grave consequences.
123 words
What happens when magic gets out of control in your world?
As magic is not really powerful it is really uncommon that it gets out of control, especially with citizens. They aren't aware of their magic and sometimes maybe the tortillas got burned because of the magic, but nothing else. When it comes to the royals, there are losses of control with the younger kids. As magic is new to them and they don't know how to channel it correctly. There are cases when a wall may be broken because a kid sang too high or everything in the room got blown away. But there haven't been major problems.
98 words
What are some noteworthy examples of problems (in your world) that characters solved with magic?
The separation between Qoer and Sarcia. Qoer and Sarcia used to be one whole country. They were governed by one family, but that family got splitted into two. Separating the country created chaos. People didn't know where to go or what to do. And there wasn't anything actually dividing both territories. The royal family used magic to separate them and they lifted Qoer in the sky and moved Sarcia underground, all with magic. There were still problems, so the royal family used their power to give food and clothes to those in need.
93 words
How is magic viewed in your world (ie. as a boring normal, as a fascinating element of their life, or as a curse on society etc.)?
It depends on who you ask. If you ask the citizens, magic is viewed as something impressive, fascinating, and uncommon. They don’t see magic on a daily basis, just when the royal family decides to show their magic. This makes them amazed by what the royal family can do. For some people in the royal family it is something normal but amazing, and for others just something basic. They use and see magic every day, so they are used to it. There are members who are attracted by magic and want to know more about it while there are members who just care about magic being useful.
107 words
How can your world’s magic aid character development?
Magic can aid character development because for those who don’t have magic it shows them how hard things can be. And when seeing how easy things are for those who have magic it may make them want magic. It makes them either ambitious or it makes them accept what they have. Meanwhile those with magic can learn about not having magic, losing their magic could make someone lazy learn what hard work is. And it can also make them more empathic about the lives of those without magic.
88 words

Pᴀʀᴛ 3 - 1037 ᴡᴏʀᴅs
Dʏsᴛᴏᴘɪᴀɴ Fᴀɴᴛᴀsʏ - 321 ᴡᴏʀᴅs

Fire is everywhere, screams echo through the walls, which are unstable and about to fall. I hold my sister’s hand tightly, as we run for our lives. She tries to get me out of the burning building, but all the exits are blocked. The ceiling is shaking, it won’t stand long. My sister screams, something is happening, but I don’t know what it is. She gets me to the nearest window and throws me out of it. I’m falling, along with the building that is collapsing.

“No!” I yelled as I jumped out of bed, "Really? Again.”

I walked out of bed to the bathroom. I had to get ready for school. I washed my face and looked at my reflection. I had a lot to do before I could leave my house. I hid my purple eyes with some blue contacts. I gave my makeup a second layer and covered my ears with a beanie. After I was completely ready I headed out and walked to school. On the way I saw an old elf with her kid. I walked towards them, feeling a raising pain on my chest,

“Please don’t hurt us!” The mother pleaded, “We’ve done nothing wrong…”
“I won’t hurt you, I promise.” I said, taking a bag from my backpack, “Here, it’s food. Take it.”
“Why are you helping us?” She asked, they did not trust me.
“Because we must help each other,” I said as I stuck my ear out of the beanie and showed the woman my pointy ear. “Enjoy the food.”

I walked away, making sure no one had seen me. I couldn’t get caught, or what happened years ago to my sister would happen to me. Our world was full of elves living on the streets or hiding between humans. We couldn’t live in peace as humans saw us as despicable creatures. They chased us and even killed a lot of us.

Sᴄɪᴇɴᴄᴇ Fᴀɴᴛᴀsʏ - 345 ᴡᴏʀᴅs
“General! They are here!” Karina yelled from one side of the control room, “They are defeating our defenses faster than we expected!
“We need to protect the town! Send every witch and wizard we have! We need protection spells, disarming spells, exploding potions, everything we have!” The general yelled, “They can’t pass the last barrier, if they do it will be the end of magic as we know it.”
“Yes General!” Karina said, giving the order to deploy more squadrons, “I never thought we would get into a war, at least not with robots. Ogres and trolls maybe, but not something we created.”
“Yeah, if I could I would curse the person who invented those things.”

While the general and Karina were in the control room, trying to decide what to do next, an army of robots was fighting its way through the magic defenses. The wizards and witches were trying to defend their town, but the robots were too strong to keep them back.

“General, we don’t have time to stay here. If we don’t help our forces will fall.” Karina said leaving her post, “They need us, General.”

Karina took her wand from her belt and ran to where the fight was going on. Robots were shooting lasers from their hands. Wizards blocked them with their spells. Karina shot a stunning spell but it didn’t work.

“They are not living things, stunning spells don’t work on them.” Karina thought.

She was about to take an exploding potion out when a laser hit her arm. Her wand fell to the ground. Her arm was bleeding, she couldn’t defend herself. Karina looks around frightened, robots are everywhere. Lasers go through the air, and other robots just destroy things manually. Wizards and witches fall, trying to defend their hometown that is being destroyed by their own creation.

“Kneel before the robotic revolution.” A robot says. Karina takes her wand with her other hand and gives her last shot, just as a metal arm hits her stomach and she falls to the ground. “It’s your end, witch.”

Hɪᴅᴅᴇɴ Wᴏʀʟᴅs - 372 ᴡᴏʀᴅs
“I promise I’m not lying! There was something in there!” Louis said, “I saw it. It was a blue door, and the lady! She went through the door, then it disappeared!”
“Look kid, we are not in conditions for you to play pranks. We have a lot of work to do.” The officer said, “Go back home, and don’t cause problems.”
“You have to believe me!” Louis yelled, “The lady, she moved things without touching them! I followed her and she said some words, then the door appeared. She opened it and I saw something, something that doesn’t make sense. Then she just went through it and poof, there was nothing where the door was moments ago.”
“I’m telling you, you must be tired or even hallucinating. Have you been drinking water?” The officer asked, “Kid, I know you thought you saw something but there was nothing there. Now, go home or I’ll have to call your mother.”

Louis pressed his lips and walked to the door. He gave the officer a last angry face and left the room. He walked home, kicking every rock that was in his way. When he was at his house’s door he doubted if he should enter. What would he tell her mother? He was supposed to be home hours ago, she would probably question him. Instead of entering the house Louis went to the garage and took his bike. He rode his bike all the way to the place where the blue door had appeared. There was nothing in there. He tried to remember what the lady had said before the door appeared.

“Blue as the sky that hides my life, I summon the place where I should go.” Louis said, nothing happened. He tried again, “Blue as the sky that hides my life, I call to the place where I should go.”

I light started to shine as the blue door appeared right in front of Louis. He looked around, there was no one who could see him. He took the door knob and opened the door. He took a deep breath and went through it.

“They’ll have to believe me now.” he thought, just as he entered a world he didn’t know existed.

Last edited by RLove10 (July 22, 2022 14:54:45)

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

Hey Mythians! As Birdi just said (in the project Moss linked), taking care of ourselves is really important. I want to talk more about this especially as we are in first place and I've seen some feelings about this. I know it's really cool and we've worked extremely hard to be in first place. But not being in first place for some time won't be the end of the world ^^ We all know that we are all really capable and active, but I don't want to see a lot of you burn yourselves out! Take breaks, and remember that for us leaders it's more important that you are fine irl (mentally/emotionally/physically). Though we tell you to take breaks, don't go with things for sure (this is for all life). Even if you have a lead or are in advantage with something, don't stop working. You can take things lighter of course, but taking things for sure isn't always the best way.
I just want all of you to make sure you take care of yourselves this last days! If you need anything Moss, Robin, and I are always open to what you need

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

✎ Dᴀɪʟʏ 24 ✎
✎120 ᴡᴏʀᴅs ✎

Tʜᴇ Wᴏᴏᴅs

The trees are tall with their big branches
And every little detail makes them special
The squirrels that run around just like kids
And the big, puffy clouds that look so gentle.

Little birds are chirping, singing their song,
While the wind blows making its own chorus.
Little kids chant, going along,
To the rhythm that nature makes for us.

Flowers show their beautiful scent,
Which smells as sweet as a candy cane.
The woods are fresh and you can know that,
If you take a deep breath again and again.

Just take your time to feel the place,
Trees are hard, and the grass is wet.
Flower's petals are so soft.
Just as the woods are to never forget.

Last edited by RLove10 (July 25, 2022 17:26:16)

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

✎ Dᴀɪʟʏ 25 ✎
✎ 120 ᴡᴏʀᴅs ✎

You see the fire burning from afar, it hasn’t stopped yet. Every single part of your town is turning into ashes, and flying away with the wind. There are little survivors. You sniffle, everything you know has now disappeared. You know who did it. The governors. Those three cruel people destroyed your home, just so their empire could grow. You peek through the bushes where you’re hiding and there they are, standing between the fire. Name, name, and name.
Your rage intensifies as you see them. You’ll take their empire down. You walk towards them and they see you.

“I’m here to join you.” You say, handing them your hand.
“Welcome to the Dystopian Empire.” The three of them say.

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

✎ Dᴀɪʟʏ 26 ✎
✎ 394 ᴡᴏʀᴅs ✎

Sᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ

Deep in the ground beneath the surface, a great city has been built. It's all made of tunnels, aided with plants and roots. The tunnels lead to a lot of different rooms. The deepest room is the throne room, where the king/queen lives. The tunnels are hidden below a giant tree, which protects the citizens from any danger. They got their big storage room near the surface, where they put all the food and supplies they collect.
79 words

Wʀɪᴛɪɴɢ - Sᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ʙʏ @-RᴏsᴇBᴜɴɴɪ
After a long period of time a lot of big places like hotels close, go broke, change names, or even have to be sold to someone else. Hotel Springfield is not the case. After 100 years the hotel has just become better than it was before! A lot of activists tried to shut the hotel down, seeing that it was in the middle of the forest. Instead of that, the hotel changed to use sustainable energy, and that 's what has kept it going. Now, the hotel only runs on solar and hydro power. The hotel has expanded and now its pools are connected to a nearby lake. They are now natural pools, which have given the hotel a brand new attractiveness. The hotel was something pretty big for its time, and it still is. As it just has expanded. The white facade had to be painted and it’s now a light green. It gets mixed with the trees, so it’s hard to see it from far away.
From inside the place has a beautiful wood aesthetic. The lobby has its furniture made of glass and wood just as most rooms. The lobby is always full of people trying to get a room, as the place is a really comfortable stay in winter just as it is in summer. When it’s summer, the sun shines all around the place and sunlight floods the whole hotel, thanks to the fact that it still has clear glass windows. Artificial light is not allowed to be used unless it’s late at night. This, to save energy and to take advantage of the natural light.
In Winter snow surrounds the whole hotel, and thanks to technology there are places in the hotel where you can just chill in a hot tub (of natural water of course) and places were you can have the best snowball fight of your life.
315 words

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

✎ Dᴀɪʟʏ 28 ✎
✎ 312 ᴡᴏʀᴅs ✎

What is the best cabin? The question that every session has. And the question that has different answers, each of them depending who you ask. Some people this session might say Myth, as it is the cabin who’s been in the first place for most of the session. But I am here to change that answer, as Thriller is definitely the best cabin.

Mythians and a lot of you may ask, why is that? What makes Thriller the best cabin? Let’s start off with its leaders. Birdi, Moonlit, and Kit are the three (co)leaders from Thriller. Most of you know Birdi, which isn’t only Thrillers leader but a host this session <3 These three leaders have made Thriller one of the best cabins, starting with their storyline and how they give thousands of motivation to their campers. And talking about campers. Thriller campers are really motivated and work as a group, they work hard in both dailies and weeklies. They are really enthusiastic and there are some who have finished the storyline already! Another thing Thriller has is its awesome profile pictures. You can easily recognize Thriller campers thanks to the color scheme their pfps have! And please, let's not forget something, or I better say someone, who makes Thriller even more outstanding. Their cabin mascot, Harry the Capybara. Their pet is just incredibly cool, and I stan it with no doubt. Harry the Capybara has inspired Thriller campers throughout the session. Thriller’s mascot is really cool, and it is a big part of the cabin itself.

At the end we all know that Thriller is without doubt an incredible cabin, and we must all love it. I wish the best for everyone in Thriller, and if Myth doesn’t win (which won’t happen of course) I’ll be happy if Thriller does.
Written by: Re, co-leader of the awesome and best cabin, Myth.

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

Daily 29
754 words

Beginning: Character runs away from something | @Sandy-Dunes
conflict - a character is debating whether to lie or tell the truth | @MoonlitSeas
setting - train tracks through a field | @shes-a-lady
climax: everyone suddenly doesn't know who the character is | @yishujia
Ending - the character gets lost and doesn't find their way back | @-JadeFox-

“Chris! Chris! Help!” Ayla yelled, “Mom! Someone!”

Ayla was trembling. Something was chasing her, and she didn’t know where she was. She heard something move behind her. She slowly turned around. She could hear her heartbeat; accelerated and out of control. She gave her last steps and found herself in front of a monster. Its face was pale, it didn’t have eyes, and its mouth was gigantic. Ayla’s blood went cold, she was too frightened to scream. The monster raised it's hand and scratched her arm. Ayla got back to her senses, and ran as fast as her feet could take her.
Ayla ran without direction, the only thing she wanted to do was get away from the monster. She looked back to check, there was no sight of the monster. As she wasn’t seeing the path in front of her, she tripped. Her face met the ground before her hands could. She looked up and saw someone, before she could see who it was, she knocked off.

“Ayla! Wake up, you dummy!” Chris yelled, shaking Ayla, “Okay, CPR, how was it? Compressions and then mouth to mouth? Or was it the other way around? Ugh! Wake up!”

Chris slapped Ayla and she woke up, startled. She quickly looked at her surroundings, she was next to the train tracks, in the field near her home. She gave a deep breath and then realized her friend, Christine, was there. She poked Chris's face, and she whined.

“What's wrong with you!” Chris exclaimed.
“Sorry, just wanted to make sure you were real, or that I was not dead.” Ayla apologized as she checked were she was.

The field was the same as before, the grass was bright green and flowers were blooming. Everything seemed normal.

“Earth to Ayla!” Chris said, snapping her finger in Ayla's face, “Mind telling me what's going on with you?”
“Uhhh, well.” Ayla stuttered, should she tell Chris the truth?
“She'll just say I'm crazy,” Ayla thought, “And there is no need to alarm her.”
“Well? What's up?” Chris said, “You suddenly disappear, I look for you for hours, and then I find you unconcious in the middle of the field!”
“I just went for a walk, and I hit my head with a rock.” Ayla lied, “Yes, with a rock I was playing with.”
“Okay? I'll take you to your house, I'm sure your mother is worried.” Chris said, ans they walked to Ayla's house.

That night Ayla had trouble sleeping, she pictured the monster and every sound altered her. When she woke up the scratch on her arm was burning. She had forgotten about it, but now it was impossible not to feel it. She changed her clothes and looked for her mom, maybe she could help her.

“Mom? Mom!” Ayla called, “Where are you?”

Her mom didn't answer until she was walking through the hall and spotted Ayla. She gasped and then looked at her, estranged.

“Young lady! What are you doing in my house?” Her mother yelled, “Get out of here before I call the authorities!”
“Mom, stop joking.” I said, “I need help.”
“I don't know who you are, or who your mother is but get out. Now! I'm calling the police!”

Ayla was confused by what was happening. Her mother was acting really weird, and the only person who she thought could help her was Chris. She walked to Chris's house but when she got there Chris didn't answer the door like she always did. She knocked again and Chris came out, but she wasn't ready for their usual morning walk.

“Why aren't you ready, sleepyhead!” Ayla exclaimed, “This day is already messed up! I'm not in the mood to wait for you!”
“I'm sorry, what? Do I know you?” Chris said, slowly closing the door, “Uh my mom is calling me, goodbye.”

Chris closed the door in Ayla's face and ran upstairs.

“What is happening with everyone!” Ayla thought, “It's like they forgot about me. Ugh, could today get any worse?”

Ayla took her usual morning walk and stopped in the train tracks. She was too distracted and didn't notice she was taking the wrong path. She kept walking, kicking rocks and muttering stuff. When she raised her gaze she became aware she wasn't in her usual path. She tried to walk back but she was lost. Tired, she sat next to a tree, when she heard a familiar sound. A sound that had haunted her the day before. She stood up and ran, again.

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

Weekly 4
4548 words

Begin a story any way you like, but keep it close to 100 words - 122 words
The fire is burning, destroying everything and everyone. I watch from my hiding spot, afraid to move a single muscle. They’ll find me, I know they will. Screams echo through the place, I move my hands to my ears trying to block them out. I can’t do it, they keep ringing in my head. Just like the images of fire and my parents, keep appearing in my mind. I cry, there’s nothing I can do.
Footsteps approach me. I gasp and stay still. The footsteps stop and someone moves the bushes away. There’s a man looking at me. His eyes are red, shining with evil in them.

“Don’t cry, kid.” He says, handing me his hands, “Come on, I’m taking you home.”

Other SWC Rooms - Library | 253 words
10 years later

I looked at both sides, there was no one around. I walked through the halls towards the laundry room. There I took the maid’s door and got out of the mansion. I covered my face and walked down the street. My hand never left my pocket, where I kept a knife to defend myself. I turned right on a little street and entered a house there.

“Identify yourself.” A woman with a gun said, standing a few feet away from me, “Identify yourself, now.”
“When the moon rises, the crows get their prizes.” I said keeping my head low, “I’m here to talk with Mr. Crewgor.”
“Third door to the right.” The woman said, lowering her gun and walking away.

I knocked on the door and heard a faint, ‘come in’. I opened it and a man was sitting in a brown, leather chair. He was old but I knew he was still in business. I took a seat in front of him and got a small bag out of my pocket.

“The money is here.” I said handing him the bag, “Now, I want the information.”
“You can find the person you are looking for in a bar near the dock.” He said, “Why do you want to find her?”
“She has something I need, and I will do anything to get it.” I answered. I walked to the door and added, “I’ll communicate with you if I need anything else, meanwhile keep your mouth shut.”
“Yes, Miss Stonebrook.”
SABOTAGE: Stop working on this weekly and find a book or online article to read for 10 minutes. - Read ‘Little Women’

Dining Hall - Fantasy, Fairy Tales, Myth Table | 355 words
I headed to the bar where the woman I was looking for was having a drink. I sat next to her, my back was facing hers. I asked for a drink.

“When the moon rises, the crows get their prizes.” I whispered, hoping no one apart from her heard.
“And the prize is, the end of this horrible thing.” She whispered back, “Pleasure to meet you.”
“The pleasure is mine, Miss Calyssa, right?” I said as I took a sip from my drink
“Yes, it is me. May I know who you are hiding under that hood?” she asked
“I’m sorry, but I’m afraid that’s information I can’t give you right now. For our safety.” I said, lowering my head, “I heard you have something special. Something I want.”
“By any chance are you talking about this?” she said, handing me a yellow box.

I opened it and saw what I was looking for, a potion kit. I closed it and put it in my bag. Calyssa put her hand, she was expecting me to give her something in exchange.

“You want money?” I asked her, getting my hand into my bag.
“Yes, it wasn’t exactly easy getting that. Potions aren’t something common, you know.” Calyssa said, and added, “I want money, but maybe you can give me something more. You got any magical artifacts? Or anything worth?”
“You’re a smuggler then.” I chuckled, she could be of help to my cause, “You know what my cause is. I want you to be part of it. You just work on it for a small benefit, but with me this is way bigger.”
“You want me to join your little rebellion, huh? Look, I’m fine on my own.” Calyssa said, taking her things, “But if you ever want to make business again, contact me.”
“Don’t you want to stop faking?” I asked her, “I know what you are, I can help you stop hiding.”

Calyssa looked back at me, she was shocked. She gulped. She was thinking about it. I just waited for an answer. She walked back to me and shaked my hand.

“I’m in.”
SABOTAGE: Stop working on the weekly and allow yourself to just listen to music, look at abstract art, or look at pictures of landscapes or scenery for at least ten minutes without doing anything else. - Listened to my Stranger Things playlist

Host Room - Kitchen | 235 words
After a whole day of work I came back to my room in the mansion. I lowered my hoodie and put some comfy pajamas on. I took a notebook out and started writing my to-do list for the next day. I had a lot to do, but for now I could just rest. I looked around my room, it was the only place in the whole mansion where no one apart from me was allowed to enter.
I took my shoes off and hopped in my bed. I layed down how I wanted. Everywhere else I had to act or just “behave” myself. In my room I was me, just me. I could act however I wanted and do everything I wanted to do. Not even my “father”, the emperor, could enter. He gave everyone orders, even me. But in my room, I was the one who made the rules. There he couldn’t control me like he did with everyone else. Without being aware of it I drew him. He was horrible, both in looks and personality. Everywhere else I felt threatened by him, just like the day he found me and brought me to the mansion. He treated me as his own daughter, but I would never consider him my father. I took a pillow and hugged it, and just there I fell asleep in peace. Without worrying that something might happen to me.
SABOTAGE: Take sips of water for 5 minutes

Rooftop - Mango Trees | 248 words
The next day the emperor requested to see me. I used my best clothes and put my hair up. When I got to his office he seemed concerned, as if he had just seen something bad. I knocked on the door so he was aware I was there.

“Melonie, you're here.” He said, “Thanks for joining me.”
“You had to see me, father?” I said walking towards him, “Is something wrong?”
“Is there something that should be wrong?” He questioned.
“Not at all, it’s just you requested to see me early in the day. That is unusual.” I said calmly, “So, why am I here?”
“I have something to show you. Something that will surprise you.”
“Well, that’s interesting. What is it?”
“Follow me, dear.”

I followed him to the next room, I had never been there. I wasn’t allowed to enter. The lights were off, and there wasn’t a single sound. I kept walking but my hand entered my pocket.

“Where are we, father?” I asked, ready to pull my knife out.
“Just another room. But this one has something special, my dear daughter.” He said as he walked towards what seemed like a box.

He pulled the cloak from the box and I gasped. It wasn’t a box, it was a cage. And in it was a person, a person I knew. Dark eyes, red hair, freckles, and the spark in her eyes.

“Sister…” I thought. But it was impossible, she had died in the fire.
SABOTAGE: In order to contain the gas leak, stop working on this weekly and do something else creative for 15 minutes. - Made my best friend a birthday gift

Basement - Postscript: Writing | 278 words
Smoke was visible from our windows. My father instantly knows there is a fire somewhere near. He leaves the house and runs outside, looking for the cause. When he doesn’t come inside my mother goes to look for him. From where I am I can hear her scream. I shiver. What was happening? My older sister tells me to stay where I am as she walks to the door. She gasps and runs back to me. She takes my hand and leads me through the back door. When we are outside I see fire everywhere.
“Where’s mom and dad?” I say, but my sister ignores me and we keep running away from the fire. “Where are they?”
“Melonie, there’s no time!” She yells, “You see that bush? Hide there, okay? I’ll be back in a second. I’m going to help.”
“Mom and dad?” I ask
“Yes, I’m going to help them.” She says holding my face, “Now run.”

I do as my sister says and run to the bush. From there I see her walk back into the fire. I wait but she doesn’t come back out.

“Melonie!” I hear her scream from the fire. Then things go silent.
“Lili!” I yell, “Lili, no!”

No other sound comes from where the fire is. I stand in the bush, maybe she will come out? I look at the fire, hoping my sister is not dead, but I know she is. Everything is burning, and everyone in the town is dead. I sob, as it is the only thing I could do.

I blinked and she was still there, in the cage. I was not seeing things.

“Lili…” I whisper
SABOTAGE: In order to fix the lights, stop working on this weekly and take a 15 minute nap or just relax and do nothing for 15 minutes. - Meditated and just layed in my bed.

Boring Rooms - Theater | 228 words
“What?” The emperor said, “Did you say something?”
“No, father.” I said. I gulped and stood there, next to him. “What is this? Who is she?”
“That, my daughter, is someone from those despicable towns I’ve talked to you about.” he said, “And she is to be your new servant.”
“Oh… That sounds… good.” I said
“Well, now I’ll leave. Tell her some ground rules, she should start working tomorrow.”
“Yes, father. As you say.”

He walked out the room and I walked closer to the cage. Lili was scared. I stayed still and looked at her eyes, my eyes changed color just as hers did.

“Lili, it’s me, Melonie.” I whispered, “Your younger sister.”
“Melonie? You’re alive!” she said, “Melonie, you have to help me!”
“What? Help you? What's wrong?” I asked, confused.
“I’m not the only one alive, there are more of us. I was sent to look for the daughter of the emperor. She is said to be the only one who can help us. And I believe that is you.”
“What do you mean? Lilian, you are making no sense.”
“I know you help people, or at least that is what I’ve heard. I heard you do more than just being the emperor’s daughter and staying here all day. And I know you can do a lot more than what you do right now.”
SABOTAGE: In order to fix the rankings, stop working on this weekly and write a list of at least five achievements you're most proud of. - 41 words

Throne Room - Host Throne | 323 words
I blink multiple times not understanding a thing. Was my sister just telling me she knew I did things I shouldn’t? How many other people knew? Oh my god, what if the emperor knew? That would ruin everything, all the work I’ve done for years. Let me tell you my dear readers, that I am as confused as you are.

“Lili, I need you to explain yourself.” I said, “I’m going to get you out of this cage, and you’ll be my personal maid, just as the emperor said. We can talk then. Now, I’ll show you to your room and to mine.”
“I don’t have time to be your maid! Melonie, people are dying and we need to do something. Our parents would want us to do something.” Lili said. She had crossed the line. How could she mention our parents? I thought she was dead, and now she comes at me with this story.
“Well Lili, they are dead. And I thought you were. So before you do anything, we are going to my room. Because you have some explaining to do.” I said as I opened the cage and pulled her all the way to my room.

It was hard getting back to my room. Lili wasn’t supposed to enter my room until tomorrow, and if the emperor saw us, we were screwed. And I wasn’t risking years of sneaking out and doing illegal things for my sister to come and ruin them. When we got to my room Lili wouldn’t stop touching things and walking around. I have to say she is a little annoying, but she always was. Not only was she annoying guys, but she was also really bossy. Melonie this, Melonie that, Melonie help me, I had enough.

“Lilian, shut up.” I snapped, “Shut up for five minutes, while I try to find a way to make things work. After that, you explain all you want.”
SABOTAGE: In order to unlock the door, stop working on the weekly and write a list of ten awesome things about a person who has impacted you significantly, then give it to them. - Wrote about @kuma_violin (208 words)

Daily Team Room - Zura | 568 words
I shut everyone out of my room for the rest of the day. No one could enter, so Lili and I had the day to catch up and for her to explain what was happening.

“How are you alive?” I asked, “You went into the fire, you died. And who sent you?”
“First, I did go into the fire. But our parents were already gone, I helped who I could. And we got out a lot of people. We guided them to somewhere new, where we’ve been hiding. But we could not hide anymore.” Lili explained
“Lili, who are ‘we’?” I sighed, “You tell me things and just give me more questions!”
“I’m sorry, okay! It’s not exactly easy to explain! I also thought you were dead, Melonie!” Lili said, “We are a group of people who survived and helped the rest of our town. We are what’s left. And we are the people who are trying to survive this empire. I heard about you, the ‘daughter’ of the emperor. There are rumors about you building a team. A team to fight the emperor.”
“You are right about that. I’m building a team, to get the empire for myself. So I can help people, so what happened to our town won’t happen again. And I can’t be distracted by you.” I said

I went to my closet and took some clothes for Lili to change into. I gave them to her, but she didn’t move from where she was.

“What? Aren't you gonna change?” I said, pointing towards the changing room.
“You don’t understand. Melonie, you need to help us. And not only that. You are in danger.” Lili said, “I can feel it. Someone is targeting you. Please listen to me!”
“It’s hard to listen to you. Let’s just go to sleep.”
“But what about my premonition?!”
“It’s surely nothing, don’t worry about me. I have a lot of things to worry about, so I don't need to add another one to my list.”

I got in my bed and covered myself with the sheets. I quickly fell asleep, being overwhelmed by all the information my sister had told me. I didn’t have a good night of sleep, images of my parents and the fire came to me in my dreams. Dreams which quickly turned into nightmares. But nightmares weren’t the only thing that happened that night. I was sleeping when I heard a sound coming from the window. I stayed still, maybe it was just Lili. But it wasn’t her, she was next to me. I slowly moved my hand to my night table, but my knife wasn’t there… I began to feel scared, someone had taken my knife. Before I could react I felt someone hit the bed, thankfully they missed my body. I rolled out of bed just to see someone dressed in red, ready to attack me. I was about to fight them when Lili, who I thought was asleep, gave the person a good kick and knocked them to the floor. She stood up and jumped on top of them, leaving them unconscious.

“What did I tell you?” Lili muttered, “Listen to me next time.”

I couldn’t answer, why would someone target me? And how did Lili feel it? And if she felt it, why didn’t I? I had to tell the emperor this. Unless. Unless he was the one targeting me.
Sabotage: Thank at least three people in SWC for everything they do - Thanked Birdi, Moss, and Robin (172 words)

Bulletin Boards - Submission Boxes | 277 words
“I can’t believe it!” I thought out loud, “Is he targeting me?”
“Who?” Lili asked
“The emperor!” I said, walking towards the person to take my knife back.
“So you think it’s him?” Lili asked me, getting close to one of my plants.
“Yes, and don’t touch that. It’s a cactus.” I said, showing her the silhouette of the plant, “It will pinch you.”

I tied the person up and placed him in a chair next to the window they had used to come in. I could see the moon from there, it was a whole moon. I hoped to see a comment passing through, or any sign that things might not go so bad. But there was nothing.

“Now that you know I’m right, will you help me? Will you listen to me and follow the orders I was given?” Lili asked, “Melonie, people are dying. Life is not glitter, unicorns, and jewelry for a lot of people! And most of us want to fight! We want to end this tyranny!”
“I’ll see what I can do, but first I need to know if it is the emperor who is targeting me. Because if it is him, we’ll be dead by the end of the week.” I said, “We need to sneak out. As soon as the sun comes out and we hear the songbird we’ll leave”
“Fine. Let’s try to sleep.”

I got back to my bed, my back facing Lili. I kept my knife next to me, in case my visitante woke up. I had to interrogate him. But for that, I had to take him somewhere else. And I knew the exact place.
SABOTAGE: In order to get the forums back up and running, come up with five reasons why you appreciate a Scratch Team member, then send it to them. - Commented on @Ceebee’s profile ^^ (107 words)

Workshop Rooms - Fanfic: Character Voice | 370 words
-Liv’s pov -

I opened my eyes and saw Melonie getting ready to leave. She had changed to a full black suit, and had her face covered. Next to her the person in red was tied up, trying to set themselves free.

“You finally wake up! Hurry! You have five minutes to get ready!” Melonie said, clapping her hands at me, “Come on, Lili!
“Yes, yes I’m going!” I yawned as I stretched my arms.

When I was done getting ready, I looked at myself in the mirror. My red hair was covered by a black hoodie, just like Melonie’s. All my clothes were just like Melonie’s. She guided me through the halls, avoiding every single person we could encounter. She was agile, she had a neat sense of hearing, everything in her was what our town needed. As we got to the maid’s door I remembered the fire. The day I had lost her, she was no longer that little girl. We walked through the empty streets until we got to a small building. Melonie knocked on the door, but she did it in a pattern.

“It must be a secret password.” I thought to myself, “I better learn it.”

Someone opened the door and we entered the building. My jaw dropped as I saw the place. From the outside it seemed as an old place which was abandoned, but on the inside it was the perfect secret base. It wasn’t as fancy as the mansion, but it was surprising.

“Why so quiet?” Melonie asked me, “You’re always talking, what happened.”
“I’m just seeing everything and I’m amazed.” I said looking around, “And I’m not always talking.”
“Yeah, whatever.” Melonie said, “Follow me, it’s time to interrogate our friend.”

We walked past a lot of rooms, most of them were empty but there were some people in the base. Melonie led me to a small room, perfect for interrogation. She sat our red-clothed friend and took away the gag that kept him from speaking.

“Spill the soup.” Melonie ordered, “Or I’ll make you tell me everything I want.”

She seemed so powerful and commanding, but there was still kindness in her. She would be able to lead our rebellion.

Ending | 763 words

“Who hired you?!” I yelled, slamming the table. “I don’t want to do this the hard way!”

The person in red didn’t make a sound. They had been quiet for the whole interrogation and I was losing it. Before I could yell again Lili pulled me away.

“What’s wrong?” I said, “I was about to get something out of them!”
“No you weren’t.” She said, “Come on, let me help. I can get the information in an easier, faster, and calmer way.”
“Lili, you have no experience in this. Let me handle it.”
“I’m sorry but no. You’re listening to me now. It’s an order that I give you as your older sister.” Lili said, standing in front of the table

She tried to take their hood off, but it was stuck. She gave up on that and placed her hands in the red man’s head. What in the world was she doing? She closed her eyes and began humming. Her humming intensified and suddenly she opened her eyes and gasped.

“He is mute!” She exclaimed, “But you were right, the emperor sent him. He is part of a group, the Red Stone. The emperor will send the rest of them soon. We have to fight back.”
“How do you know this?” I asked, confused, “What did you just do?”
“It’s magic, Melonie! We have magic, all our town! And other people too!” She said, “You also have magic, but you were too young to discover it when you were taken away.”
“Our people are ready to fight. They just need a leader. You are that leader!” Lili said, walking up to me, “Get your team, I’ll get our people. Together, we defeat him.”

I shook my head and pulled my hair. This was crazy, Lili wanted me to lead a rebellion that wasn’t ready. Or maybe I was the one who wasn’t ready. I walked out of the room and headed for the kitchen. I drank some water while I thought about everything that was happening.

“Are you okay?” Lili asked, entering the kitchen.
“Yeah, totally!” I said
“What’s wrong, Mel?” Lili said, giving me a hug
“You haven’t called me Mel in ages,” I said, hugging her back, “I don’t know if I’m ready for this. I’ve planned it for years, but didn’t think it would be so soon.”
“It will be okay. You are so ready for it! These two days I’ve seen you, you can do it. I’ll leave now. I’ll meet you here at the 2000 hour?”
“Yes, bring the army.”

Lili ran to the door and before she left she turned around. We waved goodbye, and I got back to work. I had to get my team ready, it was the day. The emperor was going down.
We got ready for hours. We trained, sparred with each other, hacked security systems, and when it was time Lili entered the base with at least 100 people. I recognized some of them from when I was a child, some others were young, born while hiding. I gave orders to everyone, explaining the plan and giving positions. When we were done, everyone left to their position and I went with my sister.

“Are you ready for this?” Lili said as we walked through the streets.
“I was born ready.” I said.

We were standing right in front of the mansion. The mansion where I had lived most of my life, but which had killed so many people. All around the mansion people were positioned, ready to imprison the emperor. I knocked on the door as loudly as I could so everyone could hear.

“Father!” I yelled, “Come out! Face me now.”

I heard footsteps coming down. But there weren’t just a pair of feet, I heard multiple. The Red Stone. I signaled my forces, they were ready to fight. The moment the doors opened my forces fell on the Red Stone. And I went directly towards the emperor. Weapon on hand, ready to attack. I got to him, but before I attacked he began to levitate. I moved back just to see Lili using magic. The fight was short, as we had the magical advantage. We entered the mansion, victorious. I walked to the emperor’s office and sat on his chair.

“Thanks Lili, now I’m ready to make this place better,” I said. She was about to leave when I added, “With my sister next to me.”

She stopped and came back. She stood by my side. We were ready to make up for all those years we were apart

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

Daily 30
406 words
Idiom: A blessing in disguise

Amira was in the kitchen with her mother. They were eating breakfast while they chatted about the bad week they had each had.

“And, have you heard anything about dad?” Amira asked, with hope that her father had contacted them.
“No, Ami. I'm sorry, I'm sure your father will contact you soon.” Her mother said, “Meanwhile focus on school, okay. You need to get your grades up.”
“Yes, mom.” Ami said, barely touching her cereal.

She kept moving her food with her spoon when the doorbell rang. Ami looked at her mom as if asking if they were expecting someone. Her mother shook her head. This gave Ami hope, what if it was who she wanted it to be? What if her father was back. She ran to the door and opened it, expecting to see a tall man with black hair and bright blue eyes. Instead she saw an old man, delivering a package.

“Package for Amira Amilen.” The delivery man said.
“That’s me.” Ami said. She wasn’t expecting anything, “I’m sorry, what is this?”
“I am not allowed to know that, could you sign here?” The man said as he handed Ami some papers to sign.
“Thank you.” Ami said, getting the package inside
“What is it, sweetie?” Her mother asked as Ami opened the package, “Who is it from?”

Ami opened the package and on top there was a letter. Ami took the letter and read it.

My dear Ami, I hope you like this present. I am really sorry for being away. While I’m gone this might be useful sometime.
Remember things are not always what they seem.
Love, dad.

“It ‘s from dad!” Ami exclaimed, “He sent me a present!”
“Oh really? Well, what is it?” Her mother said, checking the letter
“It ’s him.” Ami said as she took the object out of the box, “It’s a sculpture of him…”
“Are you serious? Oh god, your father! Always thinking about himself!” Her mother said with a scoff.

Ami inspected the present, and after some time accepted it. She kept it in her room and used it for different things. One day while she was in a bad mood, she hit it accidentally. The sculpture broke a bit and Ami saw light coming from it. She kicked it again and it broke into pieces. Inside there was a shining object, it wasn’t solid.

“It was a blessing in disguise.” Ami whispered

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

Thank You Notes

General
Hosts
Myth
(Co)Leaders

First I want to thank everyone in SWC (hosts, (co)leaders, campers) because SWC wouldn’t be the same without all of you. Hosts, who work so hard to put all the activities and for camp to go smoothly. (Co)Leaders, who help in the Main Cabin and make their cabins a place that campers can enjoy, by planning in-cabin activities/storyline and encouraging everyone. And of course also campers, without your enthusiasm, your activity and your love for SWC all of this would not be possible!
The hosts.

Birdi: When I entered SWC (march 2021) you were a leader, and when you became a host things in SWC developed quite a lot. You have really good ideas and you are someone who people like to chat with! I just see your username in the Main Cabin and know something funny or an interesting conversation might be going on!
Robin: As a host you are incredible! And there are so many awesome things about you ^^ A longer thank you is in the Myth section <3
Sawyer: I haven't talked with you much, but I've seen you around for many sessions. You are such a funny and cool person! Your help to SWC has made it awesome!
Bakie: Bakie, I haven't gotten the chance to talk with you but I know you are really kind. I've seen the cabins you've led and they are impressive! Thanks for everything!

The four of you made this session incredible! Thanks for everything you've done for SWC!

Daily Team.
All the dailies and weeklies this session were really good!! There were the classic dailies we love and also some new incredible ones! The last weekly is beyond expectations! Thank you Daily Team for everything! I adored this session and dailies and weeklies were a big part of it <33

Myth.

Moss: My dear leader! Moss, thank you so much for giving me the opportunity to co-lead this session! Myth was really the best cabin thanks to your outstanding leading skills. Your ideas are genius, and you showed me a lot of new things. Co-leading Myth surely made my summer better and I owe it to you <3 Myth shall rain forever.
Robin: You are an awesome host and fellow co-leader! Your skills surely made Myth incredible! Without you our cabin wouldn't be the same! Your ideas and everything you do are just the best! And how you can do a lot of things in one session is outstanding!! Thanks for everything you did this and past sessions <3
Mythians: All of you did an incredible job this session! I'm so proud of you guys! The storyline turned out so enjoyable and funny thanks to you! We had so many fun moments, and I'll never forget this session! Thanks for the creation of George the Unicorn, and all the inside jokes! I want to give a special thanks to those really active Mythians! Zura, CJ, Ayid, Aurora, Ami, Ava, Nights, Iris, See, Vee, Badowie and our honorary polar bear, Zai. You all did an awesome job and I'm so happy I had you as campers! Thanks for making my first session co-leading something unforgettable. Myth shall reign forever and our tyranny shall never end <33
I wanna give personal thanks to the campers I knew the most. And even if you are not in this list I appreciate and adored to be co-leader of everyone!
Zura: I've seen you around since I started SWC (march 2021) I've seen you leading and I wanted to be in your cabin if you led this session. Never thought it would be the other way around! You have the mindset of a leader! As a camper you are really active, helpful, and encouraging to both campers and us leaders!
CJ: You were one of the campers I always saw around! You are so enthusiastic and helpful! I remember adding a lot of words from you! I hope you enjoyed writing all of that! I hope to see you around <3
Ayid: You were so encouraging and someone really fun to talk to! Thanks for being in the Maze Challenges <3 I really enjoyed seeing you around our cabin and in the Main Cabin! Enjoy your vacation ^^
Aurora: I didn't talk with you as much as I would like to but the times I saw you around and added words made me see you were so kind! The times we chatted on the cabin were really fun
Nights: Nightsss! You were so active, helpful and fun! You were in a lot of maze challenges and you showed leadership in them! Good job! Have you considered going for leader? I hope to see you again next session <3
Iris: First of all, Iris thanks for putting together those awesome Thank You notes! It was such a nice thing <3 You were someone really fun to hangout with in the cabin! I really hope to keep chatting with you.
Vee: Something I'll never forget are tho$e beautiful $. You were really awesome this session, Vee! Your s key really gave you a signature in your typing! I hope those words of being sad weren't something bad and that they helped you express yourself!

(Co)Leaders

I would love to write about everyone but I don’t know that many people :v Even if you are not in my personal thank you’s I think everyone here are awesome (co)leaders! Thanks to all of you for making this session awesome!

Soki: This session we didn’t talk that much but I remember talking to you before. Adventure did really well this session and all thanks to your and your co’s leadership! I see we have some fandoms in common and I’d love to chat with you about them!
Moonlit: I don’t know you really well but you stopped by Myth some times! Thanks for the motivation you gave our campers and having you coming by to say hi was really fun! I hope we can talk more after this session ^^
Alyelle: This summer I didn’t see you around that much! But last summer I was in your cabin and you made my summer incredible! This session your cabin was outstanding and I was amazed! You’ve always been an incredible leader!
Zai: I adored having you as an honorary polar bear! You helped a lot in the Maze Challenges and everyone really liked bonding with you! I’d love to talk more with you! All those random questions were so easy but my 2 brain cells still were challenged for some reason!
Gee: You were my leader last session and it was great seeing you again this session! Real-Fi did really well and I loved your ideas for your cabin!
Goose: I talked with you some days this last week and it was really fun meeting you! Thanks a lot for the feedback in my writing comp entry! I’ll surely stop by your profile soon <3

Last edited by RLove10 (Aug. 1, 2022 13:42:17)

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

• SWC Wʀɪᴛɪɴɢ Fᴏʟᴅᴇʀ •
• ɴᴏᴠᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 2022 •
• #Rᴇᴀʟ-FɪFᴏʀTʜᴇWɪɴ •

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

• Daily 1 - Introduction Day! •
1016 words

Hellooo swcers! I'm Re, (she/her) Real-Fi's co-leader! This session I'm leading along with LJ and Cherri. I hope you can come along and visit the Inn one of these days, though I don't know if you'll be able to get out once in. Back to myself (because as a lot of people I love talking about myself, but if you wanna talk go ahead), I'm a Mexican Middle Schooler who has too much things to do and little time or the other way around, but I go through it with a good face (most of the times). I adore dancing, reading, writing (of course), eating and sleeping. Though I have this slight problem where I stress eat. I’m a big Harry Potter, Star Wars, Stranger Things, Hunger Games, and Marvel fan. I’m a Griffinclaw, Pisces and I would love to tell you my personality type but the three times I’ve done the quiz has said different things so yeah.
I'm a high performance dancer–which for anyone who doesn't know what that is, it means that I'm part of a team who has to give more commitment and see harder stuff.–who dances Hip Hop (my love), Jazz and Ballet. I dance 8 hours a week and try to workout once in a while. Dancing is my life so I'm pretty much dancing all the time, with or without music.
Talking about music! I adore music, it's my therapist. I can listen to music anytime and it will probably make me feel better. I don't know about you, but music makes life better. Isn't it a wonderful feeling when you plug in your headphones and just bust music into your ears? And with the music flowing you just go into another world. You know something that also takes you out of this world? Reading, but we'll talk about that later. Some of my favourite (yes, with an u even if the rest of my english is american. That word has always been better for me with an u.) artists to listen to are: Taylor Swift, Olivia Rodrigo, Dove Cameron, Ed Sheeran, Camila Cabello, Joshua Bassett, Tate McRae, Dua Lipa, Morat, and more. If you ask me my favourite song I'll probably tell you I don't know, and you'll have to forgive me cause I'll enter a zoned-out state trying to know which song is my favourite song.
As I was saying before, reading takes you out of this world and I love that. By reading I’ve been able to explore so many new places and to meet so many people–to who I may or may not get too attached to sometimes but who's counting?–who have impacted my life. I’m not the type of person who stays until 3am reading but I adore it. Getting to know the characters; crying, triumphing, dying, and laughing with them, it is just awesome. My favourite book series is Harry Potter and my favourite single book would be either Little Women or The Fault in Our Stars. I also love Enola Holmes, The Hunger Games, The Land of Stories, Better Than The Movies, and a lot of other books. My favourite characters are Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, Katniss Everdeen, Finnick Odair, Augustus Waters, Wes Bennet, Alex and Connor, and Enola Holmes.
Talking about SWC now. This is my 6th session, and I’ve been a co-leader two times counting this one! My past cabins were (in order from March 2021 to now) Fairy-Tales, Adventure, Sci-Fi, Thriller, Myth, and now Real-Fi. My leaders have been, March 202: - Gigi, and I don’t remember who else; July 2021: Alyelle, Kenna and Rynn and Sana; November 2021: Aria, LJ and Jia; March 2022: LJ, Gee, Fenn and Stingray; July 2022 I co-lead with Moss and Robin, and now I’m co-leading with LJ and Cherri.
I’m missing about 250 words to get to at least 1k so I’m gonna tell a bit more about myself. As I already said I’m a dancer, but I’m not just a dancer as a hobby, I want to be a professional dancer in the future. My dream is to study at Juilliard, but if I can’t there are still other colleges with good dance programs. Right now there is still some time till I get to college so I don’t worry too much. Though I worry too much about a lot of things, I’m a big overthinker and perfectionist so that can cause me a lot of stress and trouble in my daily life. But I don’t really care as I’ve got used to it. As a perfectionist I’m never ever totally okay with anything I do. Other’s work okay, I may accept it even if it doesn’t reach my perfectionist level, but MY work, that is tough. You know what’s also hard, that I’m lazy. I’m lazy but a perfectionist so I want to do things in a perfect way, but I’m just feeling too lazy for it and that is honestly horrible. Something else about me? I love candy and food. Right now, halloween is the candy season and I’ve got too many candy. They are seriously an unhealthy quantity.

Now to answer the question of the daily, which is: who is my favourite author(s), which genres they write in and why I like their books.
So I really like J.K. Rowling, Sussan Collins, and Nancy Springer.
J.K. Rowing: She writes fantasy and children’s literature. I like her books because they help you escape. They show you a world you never knew could exist, and they show you characters who make you feel good. The Wizarding World was my escape in the pandemic, so I owe her a lot.
Sussan Collins: She writes fantasy, science fiction, children’s literature and dystopian. I like her books because she implements tropes that fit into the story, and I just adore a good female lead. As well as a rebellion.
Nancy Springer: mythic fantasy, magical realism and mystery. I like her books because they are so unpredictable. The mystery is fun to solve while Enola breaks the fourth wall.

And that 's it! What a good first day of SWC!

Last edited by RLove10 (Nov. 1, 2022 22:24:56)

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

• Real-Fi Inn Prompt of the Day •
80 words

I'm gonna do the daily prompt because why not.
What am I most excited about?? Probably the whole writing in general. I don't really write much outside of swc, so that's one of the reasons I really like it. And of course I am really excited about being back with this awesome community. I am actually anxious about one thing. Not having enough time to write everything I write, but I know I can write even if it's not swc.

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

• Daily 2 - Myth Maze Article •
276 words

Hello wonderful readers, today I’m going to tell you a little bit about the Myth cabin from SWC July 2022.
The Mythology cabin last session was led by Moss (@mossflower29), Robin (@-redredrobin-) and Re (@rlove10). The theme was that campers were being trapped in a maze full of mythological creatures and gods. Thus giving the cabin its name “Myth Maze”. The cabin had around 31 campers, which with effort and a good amount of teamwork got to escape the maze.
Throughout the maze the campers had to faze different challenges, as the cabin had in-cabin activities almost every day. There were two types of activities: the challenge days and the skills days. Not all activities required a lot of campers but they still required team work. The cabin developed such good teamwork that it helped them in Cabin Wars as well as in winning the session.
Most campers had a matching profile picture made by Robin. She created a whole project for campers’ character information. Some of this information was their cohort, which could be: mage, bard or warrior. They also had their level recorded in this project. Myth used a leveling process where campers would increase their level depending on how much favor (in-cabin currency of Myth) they had. With each level a new prize came; this encouraged campers to keep gaining favor and writing words.
By the end of the session the cabin had written 664,438 words as a whole and they won with 1,208,788 points! Surpassing the 1 million goal a lot of winning cabins had.
This concludes the article on Myth Maze, SWC July 2022.

Re, co-leader of Real-Fi, SWC November 2022

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

• Daily 3 - Pillow Smoothie •
314 words

Your best friend; the one who hears you at night, and takes in all your tears and thoughts. That friend that is there when you sleep, and also in the day. The friend you can hug but also throw across the room. Have you guessed what I'm talking about? If you haven't, it's your pillow. Am I right or am I right? Pillows are awesome, and the Pillow Smoothie is even better.

Just as an actual pillow the Pillow Smoothie is soft and “comfy”. It will make you feel soft and warm inside while throwing a bunch of flavors to your mouth. There are a bunch of different pillow-flavors which you can choose from. The design of your smoothie will also vary, and you can choose how to make it.
You know the warm and de-stressing feeling of hugging your pillow with all your strength? That’s the same feeling you get when drinking a Pillow Smoothie. And just as you hit people and things with your pillow, the awesome Pillow Smoothie hits you with its extremely good flavor.

As a lot of people are aware of, pillows are made of different materials. Each material is unique in its own way. Well, every smoothie is different. Maybe you have your sleeping pillow, your hugging pillow, your decorative pillow and your “get away from me or I’ll hit you” pillow. Well our smoothies are just the same, you can have a Pillow Smoothie for when you feel like you need a hug or a Pillow Smoothie for when you are incredibly tired.

I believe you already want a Pillow Smoothie, but for those of you who aren’t exactly convinced, listen here. Pillows are mostly white, and you can either leave them that way or put a colorful cover on them. The same way the Pillow Smoothies can be something simple and plain or something more extravagant.

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

• Real-Fi Inn POTD •
217 words

You walk into my room, admiring the white walls with little details on them. You notice my room is not in the staff quarters and it’s way bigger than other staff’s rooms. That is because I am part of the main staff and a friend of the hotel manager. You keep walking and notice the room has two doors to the sides, these doors connect to Cherri and LJ’s rooms. The walls are all painted white, but they have little details all around. You walk towards my bed and you see a small individual bed next to a desk, with a TV in front of it. On the wall where the TV is you see some led lights with pictures hanging, while on the desk wall there are dance paintings as well as some Star Wars and Harry Potter stuff. In a chair close you see a bunch of clothes piled up, I am not exactly organized when it comes to my clothes. There is a small bed table with a lamp, a book and a candle on it. The bed sheets are white and I have some blue cushions. Next to the bathroom I have a closet with all my messy clothes inside. The doors are closed but you can feel the clothes about to fall.

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

• Daily 4 - It's just a question… •
556 words

Song is question..? by taylor swift.

I remember
beautiful boy sad girl
Great city, bad choice
what happened to us
I swear something happened
Because I don't remember who I was before you
I wear it every night
the kind I'm looking for
but one by one
disappeared from the scene
lack of communication with me
I have to say that
That's about it
I want something better.
Can I ask a question?
Has someone kissed you in a crowded room?
and all your friends
I will talk to you
But they intervene again after 15 seconds?
What did you do after that?
Leaving home in the middle of the night?
Do you want more fights?
the more you talk
Do you still want to play?
It's just a question

————————–
TW. Mention of alcohol.

Have you ever felt like your life started with someone? Before them, you didn’t care; but then, they lit up your life and everything changed. That until something or better said someone came in between. That’s what happened to me.
I met Jacob a year ago, we began dating just six months after we met. I still don’t know if it was the best or worst time of my life. The first months were awesome, I won’t deny it. But further in the relationship, things started to change.

“I’m going to Loren’s party, do you want to come along?” I texted him.
“No.” he answered dryly.
“Fine, we’ll talk later.”

I walked through the door and entered my car. What was his problem, seriously? Everything had been okay with us for months, and then he suddenly became dry. We no longer talked that much, yet I stayed with him. He had been the first person to actually make me happy, how could I leave that? But still, I wanted more. I wanted someone who was there for me, not someone who had been there.

“ASHLEY!” Loren yelled, “You’re here!”
“I’m here, alone.” I said as I closed my car door.
“Oh, don’t bother about that boy! He’s not worth you.” she said, surely drunk. “Come onnn! Let 's party!”

I followed her inside, there were a lot of people in the room. I went to my friends and we just danced while Loren kept fighting with the DJ. Slowly, one of Loren’s brothers walked to us. He was also drunk.

“Ash, how are youuu?” he babbled, “C’mere gimme a big hug.”
“Yeah no. You’re drunk buddy.” I chuckled, and walked away.

He took my hand and drew me closer to him.

“Xavier, let go.” I said forcefully.
“Noo, come on, give me a kiss.”

He took my head and kissed me, right there in front of everyone. I pushed away just in time to see Jacob looking at me. I looked him right in the eyes, without finding the spark he always had. I tried to talk to him but my friends weren’t letting me walk away. They all were talking and clapping. After I finally got to Jacob he was staring at me grimly.

“Jacob please talk to me!” I said, “You know he kissed me! I did not kiss him back!”
“SHUT UP!” He yelled, “I don’t want more of your pitiful excuses. Why can’t you just talk to me!”
“What are you talking about?!” I screamed “I’m not the one who leaves the house in the middle of the night every single day! You surprised? Mel told me everything, what do you do every night? I’m worried, you know. And you wanna the worst thing? You don’t talk to me anymore.”
“Oh come on! Now you spy on me, what is wrong with you Ashley!” He said, “Seriously? You just go ahead and say if I wanna go to a party, when we said we would watch movies.”
“THAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE YESTERDAY! I waited for you! You didn’t even call me to tell me you weren’t gonna come. Do you seriously want to keep fighting all the time?!”

The room entered an awkward silence, he wouldn’t even look at me. I just walked towards him and whispered.

“It’s just a question..”

Last edited by RLove10 (Nov. 4, 2022 16:51:09)

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

• Daily 5 - Letter to a pirate captain •
356 words

Backstory: you're the captain of a pirate crew. Your long time enemy and you are at war, both wanting to be the only pirate crew in that part of the sea. You send him a message in a bottle, proposing you unite your crews and become even more powerful.

Ahoy, ye self-adorin' scallywag.

I know ye an' I ‘ave our differences, which be pretty notable. Ye be as I already said a self-adorin’ scallywag who barely knows ‘ow to Cap’n ‘is ship. I on the other ’and be an experienced Cap'n with the probability o' winnin' the warrr. But why lose all our treasure? why lose more arr, mateys? I believe I ‘ave a solution to our on-goin’ problem.

'and me o'er yer ship. Yer Cap'n skills could still do with some ‘elp, so why don’t we make some sort o’ alliance. We both know ye don’t ‘ave the resources to defeat me anymore. Don’t make a wrong decision an’ join me, what could go wrong with that there? we will become the most powerful gentleman o' fortune crew in the seven seas. No need to keep fightin' fer a small part o' the vast sea, we could ‘ave it all. What do ye say, will ye an’ yer crew join me?

this here be already a really ‘ard decision, so i’m goin’ to make it ‘arder. Ye join me an’ we unite our crews, with me gettin' 60 percent o' the treasures an' ye gettin' 40 percent. Or, we continue this here bloody warrr an' ye lose everythin'. If ye don’t agree i’ll ‘ave yer ship, all yer treasures an’ yer men. If ye agree, i’ll ‘ave them things, but you’ll also ’ave some power o'er them.

ye ‘ave two days to decide, if ye don’t answer this here message by monday when the sun sets you’ll ’ave to face me. An' believe me when I say, I give no mercy. Why do think there be only two pirate crews in this fine part o' the sea? because o' me. Don't be foolish an' accept me invite, ye won't regret it.

me regards, Cap'n bellintop.

Last edited by RLove10 (Nov. 5, 2022 18:26:10)

RLove10
Scratcher
500+ posts

- Re's Writing Folder -

• Daily 6 - The Meaning of Flowers •
736 words

flowers used
trefoil (revenge), rose (love)

The door pounded, as if someone was trying to take it down. I put my robe and slippers on as I walked down the stairs. The knocking stopped, just before my doorbell rang over and over again.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” I yelled as I ran through the stairs.

I opened the door just to find my soaked sister on the doorstep. She was trembling. Her clothes were not her casual clothes, she was wearing a short silk dress, high heels and her now soaked hair was combed in two small braids that met in the back of her head. I looked over to her hand, she was holding a piece of paper.

“Are you going to let me in or what?!” She screamed. I quickly moved aside and let her in. “Thank you.”
“What are you doing here? It’s 12 pm on a Wednesday night. I was about to go to sleep.” I said, handing her a towel.
“I was on a date, but when I got home I found this.” She handed me the piece of paper, it was a letter. “I don’t know who sent it or why, but I got this feeling that’s not good. I didn’t know anywhere else to go.”

The letter wrote:

Carina,

Now it’s your turn to see my trefoils, and for our roses to die.

On the bottom right of the paper a yellow flower was painted. Three petals in each branch, almost closed up. I gave the letter back to my sister.

“Trefoils? You planted roses?” I questioned.
“I’m a terrible gardener, never even thought of planting flowers.” She said, “Trefoils, they’re flowers. I’m sure it’s the one painted here.
“Who would send you this? And why?” I asked her, this made no sense.
“I’m telling you I don’t know. Why? So I can see their trefoils, whatever that means.”

I paced around the room. Someone had sent Carinna this letter, but why was she here? Why had a letter been so important that she drove to the other side of the city.
“Why did you come?” I asked her, “What does this letter mean to you that you came to me?”
“It’s not the letter that made me come to you, but the fact that someone broke into my house to leave it.” she explained, “I got home from a date and the door was opened. The first floor was a mess. Things out of their place, on the ground and some even broken. Nothing stolen. I called the police to report it, and they found the letter. That’s when I decided to come to you”
“Why though? How can I help you?”
“You’re like a second hand copy of Sherlock Holmes! You notice things others don’t, and maybe I miss you.”

That second part threw me off. Carina and I didn’t see each other much. I was always working and she was always doing something spontaneous. We didn’t get along much, but when our parents passed we tried to become closer. Guess now it was time to become even closer, cause a crazy person had just broken into my sisters house to leave her a letter. God knows what other things they could do.

Carina stayed on the couch for the night. I made her some chocolate and gave her a slice of bread. Just like mom used to do with us. The next day we drove to Carina's house. It was worse than we expected. Throughout the night, while the police weren't paying attention someone graffitied her entrance door. The letters in bright red said:

I'm better than all of them. We belong together. You'll regret leaving me.

Regret leaving me. Time for our roses to die. What did these things mean? Our roses to die, she never planted roses. What if they weren't real roses? Roses symbolize love, don't they? Oh my god.

“Carina, did you dump your date yesterday?! Or reject them??” I exclaimed.
“What?! No!” She said, “I went on a date night with my boyfriend. One month anniversary.”
“One month? Did you break up with someone not a long time ago?”
“Well yes, but why are you asking me this? My love life isn't of importance right now! There is someone trying to ruin my house, or my life, I don't know.”
“Because now I know who is doing this.”
“How? Who is doing this?” She questioned.
“Your ex.”

Last edited by RLove10 (Nov. 6, 2022 23:36:14)