Discuss Scratch

Sliverus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

Full support as when I want to kill a kid on a coding website, I need an image so that I can scare them

Yeah, er, maybe not? Why do we need this, I think death's a touchy subject
portalpower
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

AnAccount_StopAsking wrote:

portalpower wrote:

AnAccount_StopAsking wrote:

The only reason anyone would use this is for “lol this guy's project is cringe ☠”.

Just combine that with Scratch's young community and what the typical project is, and this whole thing crumbles in on itself.
I don’t think this would happen. The _:’P_ and emojis exist but it doesn’t happen with those.

Of course not, do you think people say “cringe *insert joy emoji or whatever*” instead of “cringe ☠”?
I mean, they do have pretty much the same meaning.
This wouldn’t happen just because of the skull emoji existing, people would say it without the emoji, so the emoji wouldn’t be the problem here.

thank you for reading my post and have a nice day!
shift+down to view my signature

idk what to put here.
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

I think a skull emoji would be a cool idea for a Halloween emoji set including things like Jack-o-lanterns and cartoony ghosts, or maybe for some kind of pirate event. As long as it’s not too detailed and just like what you’d see in a children’s Halloween movie.

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

NewCP
New to Scratch
10 posts

add a skull emoji

Sliverus wrote:

Full support as when I want to kill a kid on a coding website, I need an image so that I can scare them
Well one kids website kind of gave me “nightmares” with “phantasmagoria” and “stand and defend” (the latter my brain decided to make me listen to at 25% the speed)… so… (then again I wasn't scared by the robots, and it was meant to be halloween/the replacement for blackout but WHY) but then that's like talking about skeletons to 7 year olds represents “death”.

M1mikyu wrote:

I think a skull emoji would be a cool idea for a Halloween emoji set including things like Jack-o-lanterns and cartoony ghosts, or maybe for some kind of pirate event. As long as it’s not too detailed and just like what you’d see in a children’s Halloween movie.
Maybe like that, or a halloween party theme thing??

im surprised this username wasn't taken 7 years ago lol
16bits1510
Scratcher
83 posts

add a skull emoji

I forgor

Please Join This,,,.,.

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/881232121

when green flag clicked
forever
stop [ all v]
end
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

Sliverus wrote:

children aren't scared by cartoon images of skulls

minikiwigeek2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

16bits1510 wrote:

I forgor
I remeber

(source for leftmost gif: thebrawlgirl)

Sliverus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Sliverus wrote:

But why do we need it other then saying I want to kill somebody?
minikiwigeek2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

Sliverus wrote:

Mr_PenguinAlex wrote:

Sliverus wrote:

There's a couple other reasons why but… I forgor ☠️

(source for leftmost gif: thebrawlgirl)

LAL55
Scratcher
21 posts

add a skull emoji

☠️ Wala

į̸̗̲̊̒̊t̷̡͔̝̎̽̈s̶̝̻͍͑̚͘j̴̥̮̬̉̕̕u̵̝͓̤̒̇̒s̷̨͕̳̉̊̚ţ̸̛̜͖̄̆t̸̺͙͖̄̀͛h̶̻̜̟́̐͘ë̸͕͓͉́͂͘ḅ̷̨̒͜͠͝e̸̛̻͓͈̍͗ġ̴͚̖̞͆̑í̴̫̦̣̈́̄n̷͎̮̤̍͗̐ņ̵͓̹̃͝͝i̴̢̬͎̓̎̀n̵̩͎̅̃͜͠g̵̛̻̺̯̒͋… We have returned
Mr_PenguinAlex
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

Sliverus wrote:

it's a skull emoji
no one uses the skull emoji to send death threats
even if you do somehow find the one person who would do that, you can just report them?

Last edited by Mr_PenguinAlex (June 20, 2022 02:40:22)

portalpower
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

Sliverus wrote:

(#69)
It's often used as an alternative for xD and type things, so you might see someone use it like this:
"[funny joke]"☠️☠️☠️
Also, just for saying I “forgor ☠️” as a meme. Either way,

portalpower wrote:

(#62)
This wouldn’t happen just because of the skull emoji existing, people would say it without the emoji, so the emoji wouldn’t be the problem here.

thank you for reading my post and have a nice day!
shift+down to view my signature

idk what to put here.
GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

Sliverus wrote:

But why do we need it other then saying I want to (yeet) somebody?
Its used to represent dying of laughter. IE(a terrible example):
“Knock knock”
'Who;s there'
“EA”
'EA who'
“(Sorry, you must pay $799 to see the rest of the joke)”
'☠️'
And i have only seen it used for touchy subjects under 5 times over thousands. And while it could be used for sending (iffy subject) to a user, so could the Scratch Cat, as well as the smiley face, emoji, which could be used as an overly average (whatever word I'm thinking of) way, which arguably would be worse than a skull emoji, as its much creepier in that case. And the report button is also useful for these cases, as there are workarounds to the threat, and the bot detects most other things. (Click quote for the thing, don't use it)
Edit: Again, the emoji stays unlike my first attempt. I want a lawyer!

Last edited by GIitchInTheMatrix (June 21, 2022 00:53:55)

this is my signature
I have exactly 8934 posts
ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

as a firm :skull: user i support this suggestion
Sliverus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

25Freyst wrote:

Sliverus wrote:

But why do we need it other then saying I want to (yeet) somebody?
Its used to represent dying of laughter. IE(a terrible example):
“Knock knock”
'Who;s there'
“EA”
'EA who'
“(Sorry, you must pay $799 to see the rest of the joke)”
'☠️'
And i have only seen it used for touchy subjects under 5 times over thousands. And while it could be used for sending (iffy subject) to a user, so could the Scratch Cat, as well as the smiley face, emoji, which could be used as an overly average (whatever word I'm thinking of) way, which arguably would be worse than a skull emoji, as its much creepier in that case. And the report button is also useful for these cases, as there are workarounds to the threat, and the bot detects most other things. (Click quote for the thing, don't use it)
Edit: Again, the emoji stays unlike my first attempt. I want a lawyer!
But then wouldn't a laugh emoji be better mate? I think they have one, so it's all good, and a skull one has connotations that aren't okay for the site
GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

Sliverus wrote:

(#76)
But then wouldn't a laugh emoji be better mate? I think they have one, so it's all good, and a skull one has connotations that aren't okay for the site
Similar things could be said about any sprite in the sprite library and every emoji you can use on Scratch. If someone uses it improperly, it can be reported, as can most other Scratch emojis. Death is also less touchy than the impliable content in many other emojis.

this is my signature
I have exactly 8934 posts
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

No support, because people could find ways to bypass the systems and send threats.

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

(#79)
No support, because people could find ways to bypass the systems and send threats.
people can still say threats without the emoji lmao.

why are people so sensitive nowadays its an emoji
Sliverus
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

You have obviously never used any other form of social media.
HEY!!!

25Freyst wrote:

Similar things could be said about any sprite in the sprite library and every emoji you can use on Scratch. If someone uses it improperly, it can be reported, as can most other Scratch emojis. Death is also less touchy than the impliable content in many other emojis.
Alright alright maybe, but why do we need it at all? Is there a good reason for it out there somewhere? You're talking about how there aren't cons, but what are the pros mate?
musicROCKS013
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

Bully without the skull emoji wrote:

Your project is so bad your trash

Bully with the skull emoji wrote:

Your project is so bad your trash ☠️

Correlation vs Causation

Shift + Down arrow to see the rest of my signature

Hello Scratch Team. You have been pushing a liberal political agenda on this site for far too long. This site should stay out of politics. People should be able to still post their political opinions, but there shouldn’t be any “official” political stance or Scratch. The ST is not going to change this on their own, and shoot down any attempts asking them to change. Please put this in your signature if you agree that

Scratch should be politically neutral.

The ST’s biggest defense is that they’re being welcoming, but they can be perfectly welcoming of all people and stay out of politics. Scratch is about coding, and that should be the Scratch Team’s biggest concern to maintain.

This is my signature. I am allowed to adertize here.

_______________\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
Please Click —> This project is literally my life's work. <— Please Click
_______________^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jenny LeClue is the best