Discuss Scratch

CoconutGator
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

-RetroAnimator- wrote:

If the scratch team were to add the skull emoji I'm like 95% most users will just use it as a sign of hate instead of a joke or anything else
say [u doo doo]
and how? literally tell me at least one situation when that could happen
Well, 95% of users would definitely NOT use a skull emoji for things like this, but if they were to, then probably something like this:

Rude Scratcher wrote:

i hope you ☠️
you need to ☠️
etc etc

Guess I should use the signature for explaining myself rather than Skyrim quotes. So hi. I'm Gator.

Metal albums I like:
* From Mars to Sirius - Gojira
* Citadel - Ne Obliviscaris
* With All Their Might - Dyscarnate
* Ghost Reveries - Opeth
* Monarchy - Rivers of Nihil

Recommend me more (please)
DarkXSeries7
Scratcher
100+ posts

add a skull emoji

i need to skull?

saying ‘you need to die’ isn't blocked

Ryzen 5 5600G | RX 570 | 16GB (8GBx2) 3200mHz

brainrot 2

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

That's pretty disrespectful, though, and is something that someone could be alerted over.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
DarkXSeries7
Scratcher
100+ posts

add a skull emoji

Za-Chary wrote:

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

That's pretty disrespectful, though, and is something that someone could be alerted over.
not really? you could just ignore them? i dont see how ‘you need to skull’ could offend any sane person.

brainrot 2

AnAccount_StopAsking
Scratcher
500+ posts

add a skull emoji

The only reason anyone would use this is for “lol this guy's project is cringe ☠”.

Just combine that with Scratch's young community and what the typical project is, and this whole thing crumbles in on itself.

Last edited by AnAccount_StopAsking (June 15, 2022 05:51:52)

Sorry, were you expecting a signature introduction? Too bad! (Press Shift+Down on a part of this signature to read more!)

Legend:

Your suggestion is virtually perfection in my eyes.
You barely need to improvise.
Full support.
Mostly support.
Semi-support.
Barely support.
No support.
Negative support.
I see your suggestion as a war crime.
This is the worst suggestion in existence.

Only true potatoes are sacked.

when I receive [be an annoying 5 year old v]
repeat (EXPAN)
say [AMONG US AT 3 AM!!!!!]
end
-iviedwall-
Scratcher
500+ posts

add a skull emoji

25Freyst wrote:

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

-snip-
you're joking

people children find SKULL EMOJIS scary?

either i need to see a doctor or i need to lose faith in humanity
Skulls can scare a lot of people. Also, i said semi support if its more like the CN Skull i linked. If it’s something that could scare children, particularly kids under the age of 8, than its no support, as there are a lot of younger users on Scratch.
I was 7 when I first saw this emoji and felt pleasant, I've seen the real human skull the dinosaur skull the cat skull the dog skull and etc skull pictures on encyclopedias.
I'm not some sensitive Gen Z people who gets triggered by blue

Last edited by -iviedwall- (June 17, 2022 03:52:50)

-iviedwall-
Scratcher
500+ posts

add a skull emoji

CoconutGator wrote:

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

-RetroAnimator- wrote:

If the scratch team were to add the skull emoji I'm like 95% most users will just use it as a sign of hate instead of a joke or anything else
say [u doo doo]
and how? literally tell me at least one situation when that could happen
Well, 95% of users would definitely NOT use a skull emoji for things like this, but if they were to, then probably something like this:

Rude Scratcher wrote:

i hope you ☠️
you need to ☠️
etc etc
I would say no. People use the skull emoji to refer to extreme exhausted-ness like
this art took me 6 hours :skull:
k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

-iviedwall- wrote:

I would say no. People use the skull emoji to refer to extreme exhausted-ness like
Don't forget that the skull is also used in that classic phrase that I've never heard of before:
I forgor :skull:

Rules that can only be seen on the forums:
-iviedwall-
Scratcher
500+ posts

add a skull emoji

k0d3rrr wrote:

-iviedwall- wrote:

Don't forget that the skull is also used in that classic phrase that I've never heard of before:
I forgor :skull:
Oh, I forgor ☠️
DarkXSeries7
Scratcher
100+ posts

add a skull emoji

AnAccount_StopAsking wrote:

The only reason anyone would use this is for “lol this guy's project is cringe ☠”.

Just combine that with Scratch's young community and what the typical project is, and this whole thing crumbles in on itself.
more like combine scratch's extremely sensitive snowflake community with a childish insult that can be ignored

brainrot 2

DarkXSeries7
Scratcher
100+ posts

add a skull emoji

-iviedwall- wrote:

25Freyst wrote:

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

-snip-
you're joking

Skulls can scare a lot of people. Also, i said semi support if its more like the CN Skull i linked. If it’s something that could scare children, particularly kids under the age of 8, than its no support, as there are a lot of younger users on Scratch.
I was 7 when I first saw this emoji and felt pleasant
I'm not some sensitive Gen Z people who gets triggered by blue
sus-iety these days :'(

brainrot 2

portalpower
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

In most situations, you could just use the _:’P_ emoji or the emoji on the forums. The only time you wouldn’t use it is for one specific meme, but if it really comes to that, you can just use the Unicode emoji. It would be kind of unnecessary to add another emoji for this scenario alone.

thank you for reading my post and have a nice day!
shift+down to view my signature

idk what to put here.
lununs
Scratcher
20 posts

add a skull emoji

Za-Chary wrote:

25Freyst wrote:

No support, unless its appropriate.
I mean… I would expect that everything added to the Scratch website is appropriate. A skull emoji certainly is appropriate. I'm inclined to believe that because cartoon-y non-realistic skulls appear all the time in children's media. I would give an example but I forgor ☠️
He said it everyone! He said the thing! For real, I feel like this would be a good emoji. Plus, skulls aren't scary to people anymore. (Sorry to the people who are in the back)
AnAccount_StopAsking
Scratcher
500+ posts

add a skull emoji

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

more like combine scratch's extremely sensitive snowflake community with a childish insult that can be ignored

So what? Ignore “omg frick you” and do nothing?

Sorry, were you expecting a signature introduction? Too bad! (Press Shift+Down on a part of this signature to read more!)

Legend:

Full support.
Mostly support.
Semi-support.
Barely support.
No support.
Negative support.

repeat (EXPAN)
end
DarkXSeries7
Scratcher
100+ posts

add a skull emoji

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

how is “frick” related? no one can drop * bombs because its censored, and yes you could just ignore them bud ☠️

brainrot 2

AnAccount_StopAsking
Scratcher
500+ posts

add a skull emoji

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

how is “frick” related? no one can drop * bombs because its censored, and yes you could just ignore them bud ☠️

This is basically like refusing to take action over all sorts of stuff because “it could be ignored”, listen buddy simply ignoring is not going to fix every problem.

Last edited by AnAccount_StopAsking (June 17, 2022 03:16:42)

Legend:

Full support.
Mostly support.
Semi-support.
Barely support.
No support.
Negative support.

repeat (EXPAN)
end
portalpower
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

I don’t think this would happen. The _:’P_ and emojis exist but it doesn’t happen with those.

thank you for reading my post and have a nice day!
shift+down to view my signature

idk what to put here.
AnAccount_StopAsking
Scratcher
500+ posts

add a skull emoji

portalpower wrote:

I don’t think this would happen. The _:’P_ and emojis exist but it doesn’t happen with those.

Of course not, do you think people say “cringe *insert joy emoji or whatever*” instead of “cringe ☠”?

Last edited by AnAccount_StopAsking (June 17, 2022 04:09:00)

Legend:

Full support.
Mostly support.
Semi-support.
Barely support.
No support.
Negative support.

repeat (EXPAN)
end
-Jacu-
Scratcher
13 posts

add a skull emoji

There already is a skull emoji, you can just use these codes

[img=https://u.cubeupload.com/Vercte/skull.png]
[img=https://u.cubeupload.com/sfg/skullandcrossbones.png]

You can see more here: https://lopste.github.io/forumoji/.
Dahipuri
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

25Freyst wrote:

SavetheAtlantic wrote:

25Freyst wrote:

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

-snip-
you're joking

I've seen jack'o'lanterns scarier than a idealized skull, I think you're being incredibly disrespectful to young people if you think they'll be scared of that.
The same argument could be made against the ESRB, so many good games rated M, however kids play them. Same with FNaF. I’m fairly sure that that mentality could be applied here, it would be disrespectful to a kid who isn’t afraid of jumpscares. There are plenty of kids who are afraid of the skull emoji. I’m 15 and know I’m quite unsettled by it.
Additionally, there’s no Jack-o-Lantern emoji on Scratch, nor skull. Additionally:

25freyst wrote:

]If it’s something that could scare children, particularly kids under the age of 8, than its no support, as there are a lot of younger users on Scratch.
Spiders can cause a lot of fear in younger audiences, and they’re only partially as fear inducing compared to skulls. Additionally, the above quote includes 3 year olds.
And, finally, anything can scare anyone. I’m scared of fishing and anything that has to do with it. However, a cartoony, unrealistic/under detailed one is generally not as bad. Same thought process here. A realistic skull can cause fear, and there’s plenty of medians of entertainment that are aimed at younger audiences, but can cause fear. Something like the Skeleton Dances skeletons, or CN ones would be much less likely to cause fear.
I am not scared of skulls at all from the very start(7 year from when I remember) but am a lot scared by dogs spiders and insect bugs as I have their fear snd phobias. I am 12 now. My friend is 13 and she is scared by skulls that much that she won't sleep for days even of a cartoon but is not at all scared by the things I am so you cannot define a agr to be scared everyone get scared by different things and lives for a different period of time.

Highlight +shift+ down to see full signature
Generation 20: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your signature in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

Touch of adventure White Tiger Federation

signature in progress