please

Ryzen 5 5600G | RX 570 | 16GB (8GBx2) 3200mHz

brainrot 2

GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

-Thanos Snap, i disagree with my post here now-

Last edited by GIitchInTheMatrix (June 18, 2022 23:49:51)

this is my signature
I have exactly 8934 posts
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

No support because…. i forgor ☠️

Last edited by AIGamesDeveloper (June 8, 2022 14:26:08)

AIGamesDeveloper in big 2024.
DarkXSeries7
Scratcher
100+ posts

add a skull emoji

25Freyst wrote:

No support, unless its appropriate. In particular, more cartoonish, and something everyone can see, that would be rated E, and not NFE. If thats the case, semi support.
IE(if it shows):

Something more or less like that(no CN logo of course).
Perhaps it could show up during an event?

you're joking

people children find SKULL EMOJIS scary?

either i need to see a doctor or i need to lose faith in humanity

brainrot 2

GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

-Thanos Snap, i disagree with this post now.-

Last edited by GIitchInTheMatrix (June 18, 2022 23:50:23)

this is my signature
SavetheAtlantic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

25Freyst wrote:

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

-snip-
you're joking

Skulls can scare a lot of people. Also, i said semi support if its more like the CN Skull i linked. If it’s something that could scare children, particularly kids under the age of 8, than its no support, as there are a lot of younger users on Scratch.
I've seen jack'o'lanterns scarier than a idealized skull, I think you're being incredibly disrespectful to young people if you think they'll be scared of that.
DarkXSeries7
Scratcher
100+ posts

add a skull emoji

SavetheAtlantic wrote:

25Freyst wrote:

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

-snip-
you're joking

Skulls can scare a lot of people. Also, i said semi support if its more like the CN Skull i linked. If it’s something that could scare children, particularly kids under the age of 8, than its no support, as there are a lot of younger users on Scratch.
I've seen jack'o'lanterns scarier than a idealized skull, I think you're being incredibly disrespectful to young people if you think they'll be scared of that.

brainrot 2

SavetheAtlantic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

SavetheAtlantic wrote:

25Freyst wrote:

DarkXSeries7 wrote:

-snip-
you're joking

GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

-Erased-

Last edited by GIitchInTheMatrix (June 18, 2022 23:57:54)

this is my signature
lolecksdeehaha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

I don't get it; why would we need a skull emoji made by Scratch? It has no uses except for memes in comments. I see no other uses: All I see are memes, and i forgor the rest

Beep boop. I am a robot, and this action was performed automatically. If you have any concerns, please contact the owner of this robot.

ing season coming “soon”

I'm the founder of Forumoji, the source of all those neat forum emojis you occasionally see (the ones not in the default menu).

minikiwigeek2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

Yeah I forgor ☠️ why. But there IS already a skull emoji that you can use, which is ☠️ Mind you, it's the one with the crossbones, meaning that when you forgor ☠️ things it won't be as funny.

Oh wait, I rember now. No wait, I forgor ☠️ again. I keep rembering and forgoring ☠️ over and over again!

In conclusion, this already exists.

(source for leftmost gif: thebrawlgirl)

SavetheAtlantic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

25Freyst wrote:

The same argument could be made against the ESRB, so many good games rated M, however kids play them. Same with FNaF. I’m fairly sure that that mentality could be applied here, it would be disrespectful to a kid who isn’t afraid of jumpscares. There are plenty of kids who are afraid of the skull emoji. I’m 15 and know I’m quite unsettled by it.
Additionally, there’s no Jack-o-Lantern emoji on Scratch, nor skull. Additionally:

25freyst wrote:

]If it’s something that could scare children, particularly kids under the age of 8, than its no support, as there are a lot of younger users on Scratch.
Spiders can cause a lot of fear in younger audiences, and they’re only partially as fear inducing compared to skulls. Additionally, the above quote includes 3 year olds.
And, finally, anything can scare anyone. I’m scared of fishing and anything that has to do with it. However, a cartoony, unrealistic/under detailed one is generally not as bad. Same thought process here. A realistic skull can cause fear, and there’s plenty of medians of entertainment that are aimed at younger audiences, but can cause fear. Something like the Skeleton Dances skeletons, or CN ones would be much less likely to cause fear.
Lol what? What does the fact that something so incredibly common as a skull has to do with mature rated games. Everyone has seen a skull at some point, realistic or not. And obviously, a tiny skull emoji won't exactly be entirely realistic. I don't think anyone would be scared by ☠️ and for the three people that are, well I'm sorry but they should suck it up. ☠️
GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

-erased-

Last edited by GIitchInTheMatrix (June 18, 2022 23:58:09)

this is my signature
SavetheAtlantic
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

25Freyst wrote:

-snip-
Mate, just use common sense. Have you ever seen a photorealistic emoji in use before?
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

25Freyst wrote:

No support, unless its appropriate.
I mean… I would expect that everything added to the Scratch website is appropriate. A skull emoji certainly is appropriate. I'm inclined to believe that because cartoon-y non-realistic skulls appear all the time in children's media. I would give an example but I forgor ☠️

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

-Me, talking about the difference between realism and photo-realism. While i stand by this main point, realism isn't necessarily photorealistic, Thanos Snap anyways.-

Last edited by GIitchInTheMatrix (June 18, 2022 23:59:21)

this is my signature
GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

-Erased☠️-

Last edited by GIitchInTheMatrix (June 19, 2022 00:00:08)

this is my signature
dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

I can see this being used in a few conversations, even if they are not constructive with memes. However, instead of Scratch creating their own skull emoji it’s probably better to just allow all appropriate Unicode emojis, including the skull.

The2000 wrote:

All suggestions are unnecessary. If a suggestion is necessary then it's a bug report.

dertermenter wrote:

April Fools Day on the forums has been a repeated privilege, not an expectation
DarkXSeries7
Scratcher
100+ posts

add a skull emoji

minikiwigeek2 wrote:

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

Yeah I forgor ☠️ why. But there IS already a skull emoji that you can use, which is ☠️ Mind you, it's the one with the crossbones, meaning that when you forgor ☠️ things it won't be as funny.

Oh wait, I rember now. No wait, I forgor ☠️ again. I keep rembering and forgoring ☠️ over and over again!

In conclusion, this already exists.

I know that ☠️ and exist, but those are crossbones/cubeupload emojis. I mean allow the unicode or a dedicated emoji for it. skulls can be used to express ‘lmao’ without saying it.

brainrot 2

GIitchInTheMatrix
Scratcher
1000+ posts

add a skull emoji

-erased-

Last edited by GIitchInTheMatrix (June 19, 2022 00:00:17)

this is my signature