Discuss Scratch

kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

Google Glass

There's actually a thing called EyeTap which is very similar to Google Glass. And it's terrifying to look at.

It makes you look like an android from a very bad Science Fiction Horror film.
Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google Glass

kingdragon wrote:

There's actually a thing called EyeTap which is very similar to Google Glass. And it's terrifying to look at.

It makes you look like an android from a very bad Science Fiction Horror film.

'mg XD

generosity
Scratcher
500+ posts

Google Glass

I'm going to have so much fun controlling other people's glasses

“Take a hard look at the dollar bill and ask yourself, is this really what people are dying for?” - Lil B
Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google Glass

generosity wrote:

I'm going to have so much fun controlling other people's glasses

AWwwwwwwwwwwwww yieh!!! XD
Semblance
New to Scratch
58 posts

Google Glass

scratchisthebest wrote:

Everyone's afraid of new technology.

LeDerpy123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google Glass

I see no purpose for Google Glass. It can take a 40 second video. Woohoo. My cheap camera can take a 40 minute video in HD. And hands-free calling is so weird because people think you are just talking to yourself. And with pictures: I (almost) can't think of one time you can take a picture and feel normal saying “OK, Google. Take a picture.” I mean, it's convenient, it's also just awkward and really weird.

My specs: Windows 8.1.2 - 3 GB RAM - Intel Core2 Quad - IE11
banana500
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google Glass

LeDerpy123 wrote:

I see no purpose for Google Glass. It can take a 40 second video. Woohoo. My cheap camera can take a 40 minute video in HD. And hands-free calling is so weird because people think you are just talking to yourself. And with pictures: I (almost) can't think of one time you can take a picture and feel normal saying “OK, Google. Take a picture.” I mean, it's convenient, it's also just awkward and really weird.
I sort of agree.

It's kind of a cool idea to have a computer literally mounted on your head, but at the same time almost kind of terrifying. It's further justification to my theory that Google is basically out to take over the world and reshape the human condition. It sounds like something out of a dystopian or a science fiction novel.

But besides the idea of Google bent on world domination, the device in itself is, if you ask me, very gimmicky. The API for it is sorta neat, and the aspect of the internet connection is nice too, but at the same time, terrifying, as if the internet literally is wired into our neural processes (more sci fi).

Really all I can say is that Google Glass looks stylish, but its probably not worth the buy due to the gimmicky vibe of it, and further feeding into Google's slow rise to total control.

3DS FC: 4871-4221-1009 | Notify me before adding so I can add you back!
Steam ID: rock on freaky bro
LucidSquare
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Google Glass

As far as the technology goes, it's ready. But I don't think consumers are ready for it so I don't think it's going to be a huge success.

jji7skyline
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google Glass

I think they'll sell quite a few the first few weeks, then it'll die out quite quickly.

Also, I hope they add some sort of voice recognition so people around you can't control your glasses. (that sentence would have been gibberish last year).
16Skittles
Scratcher
500+ posts

Google Glass

jji7skyline wrote:

I think they'll sell quite a few the first few weeks, then it'll die out quite quickly.

Also, I hope they add some sort of voice recognition so people around you can't control your glasses. (that sentence would have been gibberish last year).
It does have the “OK Glass” keyword, and I think you may also have to slightly tilt back your head to activate it.

Back from hiatus?
chocolatepenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google Glass

Even better-it hasn't been released and it's already been jailbroken!
http://geekcurrent.com/google-glass-hacked/

16Skittles
Scratcher
500+ posts

Google Glass

I like the new leaked video for the Moto X. It's an unreleased phone currently, but it appears to draw a lot on voice commands. Could it be Google's stepping stone from the touchscreen interface to voice control? (Motorola is currently owned by Google)

Back from hiatus?
LeDerpy123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google Glass

16Skittles wrote:

I like the new leaked video for the Moto X. It's an unreleased phone currently, but it appears to draw a lot on voice commands. Could it be Google's stepping stone from the touchscreen interface to voice control? (Motorola is currently owned by Google)
That's what it seems like. Google Now is a huge part in Android, and it is clear they are trying to make the transition. But I hate voice commands. It is inaccurate, annoying to others, and very unintuitive.

My specs: Windows 8.1.2 - 3 GB RAM - Intel Core2 Quad - IE11
LucidSquare
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Google Glass

There is no transition, the consumer isn't ready. It's a (removed by moderator - please keep it polite) developer's product.

Last edited by Paddle2See (July 15, 2013 02:45:59)

luiysia
Scratcher
500+ posts

Google Glass

(removed by moderator - please keep it polite) , no need to swear…

Last edited by Paddle2See (July 15, 2013 02:46:30)

It’s such a little thing to weep—
So short a thing to sigh—
And yet—by Trades—the size of these
We men and women die!

- Emily Dickinson
Wickimen
Scratcher
100+ posts

Google Glass

LucidSquare wrote:

There is no transition, the consumer isn't ready. It's a (removed by moderator - please keep it polite) developer's product.
esucxe em siht si a snerdlihc etisbew

Last edited by Paddle2See (July 15, 2013 02:47:24)

7734f
Scratcher
500+ posts

Google Glass

Let's get on topic guys….

16Skittles
Scratcher
500+ posts

Google Glass

LeDerpy123 wrote:

16Skittles wrote:

That's what it seems like. Google Now is a huge part in Android, and it is clear they are trying to make the transition. But I hate voice commands. It is inaccurate, annoying to others, and very unintuitive.
Unintuitive? I find it quite intuitive to say “how is the weather today” or other normal speech commands. As for annoyance, I personally find it annoying for people to be on their devices while I'm talking anyway, so I don't know that it would be too significant to others. If anything it would untether us a bit from our phones.

Back from hiatus?
nathanprocks
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Google Glass

Wickimen wrote:

LucidSquare wrote:

esucxe em siht si a snerdlihc etisbew
Lol I thought you wrote that with the first and last letters the same and the middle letters jumbled up and had trouble reading it… I also read the third word as something else.

My browser / operating system: Macrosoft Winding XO, Internet Exploder 6.0, Angel Player ver.:1.2.5
;
LucidSquare
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Google Glass

Correction: It's just a developer's product.

Last edited by LucidSquare (July 15, 2013 05:05:12)