Discuss Scratch

nexoalex
Scratcher
55 posts

scratchattach - A Scratch API wrapper (Python)

mehonje wrote:

I can't even get scratchattach to import. I used the pip install scratchattach to install it, but when I try to import it, it says

PS C:\Users\admin\Desktop\python_work> & CUsers/admin/AppData/Local/Microsoft/WindowsApps/python3.12.exe cUsers/admin/Desktop/python_work/scratchattach_test_1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “c:\Users\admin\Desktop\python_work\scratchattach_test_1”, line 1, in <module>
import scratchattach as scratch3
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘scratchattach’
PS C:\Users\admin\Desktop\python_work>

Am I doing something wrong? I've been on every Github, Replit, and scratch pages I could find about scratchattach, and I couldn't find anything wrong with my code. All it is is

import scratchattach as scratch3

Please help!
bro I just downloaded the source code at the GitHub and extracted the zip then ran pip install scratchattach in command prompt or “terminal” tell me what os you have please so I can help further
TheElephantCoder
Scratcher
33 posts

scaryghost14 wrote:

pycharm works right?
Yes it does. I tested a lot of IDEs for Python and PyCharm is one of them. I tried this with PyCharm because it is my go-to IDE so yes scratchattach should work.

TheElephantCoder
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MysticalSk1ttle wrote:

is it possible to automatically comment? I'm trying to inform all of the competitiors in my contest that the results are out. I also need to do the same with the prize givers because there's 89 of them
Possible, yes. But allowed, no. People can use this to automatically create spam machines, so it is banned, and you will be banned for doing it.

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

Ghxstify2009
Scratcher
100+ posts

brandontwinzone wrote:

Thanks for the package! I'll use it for my future python projects
Also, is it available on PyCharm? I don't have pip.
I use PyCharm regularly, good choice! By default, PyCharm uses pip to manage project packages…

Hello! I hope I helped answer your question.
-unrelated-
Scratcher
50 posts

bump

<!DOCTYPE html>
infintyrussia
Scratcher
100+ posts

I started having issues with connecting to projects today. Is that an issue for everyone or just me? The errors given include 502 Bad Gateway and a scratchattach.exceptions.ConnectionError after attempting to connect to CloudEvents.

TheCommCraft
Scratcher
100+ posts

infintyrussia wrote:

(#2446)
I started having issues with connecting to projects today. Is that an issue for everyone or just me? The errors given include 502 Bad Gateway and a scratchattach.exceptions.ConnectionError after attempting to connect to CloudEvents.
No Cloud Variables

Random Project

spamton.gif

DUNGEON_EXPLORATION_03_02_23_01
COMPILED VERSION FOR HIGHER SPEED
Sid72020123
Scratcher
500+ posts

infintyrussia wrote:

The cloud logs endpoint is down and giving errors. Maybe that's why you get 502 bad gateway error?

Sid72020123
rocket_builder_183
Scratcher
1 post

Is anyone else having trouble connecting using conn = session.connect_cloud(project_id=“”). The error is scratchattach.exceptions.ConnectionError and a long list of things from inside the package. Please tell if i did something wrong. Thanks!

Last edited by rocket_builder_183 (May 12, 2024 18:10:31)

SHJ_LOVE
Scratcher
4 posts

Your scratchattach is very nice. However, a bug has now occurred and the code is no longer usable. Please fix it. 502 Bad Gateway

log : 2024/05/14 Post
SHJ_LOVE
Scratcher
4 posts

rocket_builder_183 wrote:

Is anyone else having trouble connecting using conn = session.connect_cloud(project_id=“”). The error is scratchattach.exceptions.ConnectionError and a long list of things from inside the package. Please tell if i did something wrong. Thanks!
me too
All functions are no longer available.
But, I don't think this is our problem.
SHJ_LOVE
Scratcher
4 posts

Maybe the scratch server will fail.
@P41d09d6 wrote:
Scratch, the possibility of server failure
EpicCoderGamer1000
Scratcher
74 posts

SHJ_LOVE wrote:

Your scratchattach is very nice. However, a bug has now occurred and the code is no longer usable. Please fix it. 502 Bad Gateway

The scratch cloud data servers are down. It’s something scratch has to fix

epic coder gamer 1000
rocket_builder_183
Scratcher
1 post

I think all cloud vars are back to normal.
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EpicCoderGamer1000 wrote:

SHJ_LOVE wrote:

But is it something they will fix? no.

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
(last edited 2/8/24)

SHJ_LOVE
Scratcher
4 posts

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

EpicCoderGamer1000 wrote:

SHJ_LOVE wrote:

But is it something they will fix? no.
This bug is fixed
fiosjeofo
Scratcher
5 posts

Hi! Does anyone know how to store data on python locally (like with a file) because this will be useful to make a data-storing project that saves the user's data. Thanks!

when green flag clicked
forever
keep coding
have fun
scratch on!
end
define scratch(attach v)
(is cool v)
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<(hi)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fiosjeofo wrote:

Hi! Does anyone know how to store data on python locally (like with a file) because this will be useful to make a data-storing project that saves the user's data. Thanks!
here I can help you further once you start making it. I done something like that before.

(last edited 2/8/24)

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post