Discuss Scratch

TimMcCool
Scratcher
100+ posts

scratchattach - A Scratch API wrapper (Python)

in the future, asyncio will be introduced to this library's cloud requests framework to improve resource efficiency

Developer of scratchattach, the most popular Python Scratch API wrapper
TimMcCool
Scratcher
100+ posts

wvzacktest wrote:

So I am getting a error when I use user.does_exist() even though it is a command and I have checked everything with pip3.11 show scratchattach and scratchattach is on version 1.7.3. Here is the part of my code where i am using it:

@client.request
def pay(to, amount): #called when client receives request
user = scratch3.get_user(to)
if not user.does_exist() == True:
return("account", to, "does not exist. You have been refunded.")

return_value = main.pay_user(client.get_requester(), to, amount)

return return_value #sends back balance to the Scratch project

and here is the error I am getting:
Caught error in request 'pay' - Full error below
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "c:\Users\###\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python311\Lib\site-packages\scratchattach\_cloud_requests.py", line
61, in call_request
output = req_obj["on_call"](*arguments)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
File "c:\Users\####\Desktop\python_banking\cloud handeler.py", line 23, in pay
if not user.does_exist() == True:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
AttributeError: 'User' object has no attribute 'does_exist'

Thanks
you probably need to
update scratchattach to the latest version

Developer of scratchattach, the most popular Python Scratch API wrapper
wvzack
Scratcher
500+ posts

TimMcCool wrote:

wvzacktest-snip-[/quote wrote:

you probably need to
I did that and when I run
pip3.11 show scratchattach
it says im on version 1.7.3

Last edited by wvzack (May 26, 2024 19:54:32)

Likes: Programing (python scratch Lua c++ I am bad at c++ a) Aiviation (B787 Queen of the sky F35) Mountain Biking and Messing around with computers (not a gamer at all)
My projects I am most happy with also the few “polished games I have:
cs845962
Scratcher
10 posts

Hello there! I just started with Scratchattach and have a basic level of python experience, but when I run the import scratchattach and session code in my program, the python shell returns that in cloud.py module, line 2, it can't locate the module named websocket. Does anyone know where I can download these modules? Are they supposed to be build into python and did my python version get corrupted? Or is there a general python library that I am supposed to get? Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!
wvzack
Scratcher
500+ posts

cs845962 wrote:

Hello there! I just started with Scratchattach and have a basic level of python experience, but when I run the import scratchattach and session code in my program, the python shell returns that in cloud.py module, line 2, it can't locate the module named websocket. Does anyone know where I can download these modules? Are they supposed to be build into python and did my python version get corrupted? Or is there a general python library that I am supposed to get? Any help is much appreciated! Thank you!
What is the exact error?

Likes: Programing (python scratch Lua c++ I am bad at c++ a) Aiviation (B787 Queen of the sky F35) Mountain Biking and Messing around with computers (not a gamer at all)
FishHoue
Scratcher
16 posts

cs845962 wrote:

Do you have sys?
If you don't, use ‘import sys’, then 'print(“.sys.version”).
cs845962
Scratcher
10 posts

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

What is the exact error?
File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratchattach/Testing.py”, line 1, in <module>
import scratchattach as scratch3
File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratchattach/scratchattach/__init__.py”, line 1, in <module>
from .cloud import *
File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratchattach/scratchattach/cloud.py”, line 2, in <module>
import websocket
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named ‘websocket’
wvzack
Scratcher
500+ posts

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

What is the exact error?
File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratchattach/Testing.py”, line 1, in <module>
File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratchattach/scratchattach/__init__.py”, line 1, in <module>
from .cloud import *
File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratchattach/scratchattach/cloud.py”, line 2, in <module>
import websocket
Ok so i am not sure if this will fix your problem but there are a couple things in python that you shouldn't name your project. Scratchattach is one of them as instead of finding the scratchattach module it just gets its self because its named scratchattach. And try what the other person said.

Last edited by wvzack (May 26, 2024 20:36:21)

cs845962
Scratcher
10 posts

FishHoue wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

Do you have sys?
If you don't, use ‘import sys’, then 'print(“.sys.version”).
Yes I have it. 3.12.3 (v3.12.3:f6650f9ad7, Apr 9 2024, 08:18:47)
cs845962
Scratcher
10 posts

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

What is the exact error?
from .cloud import *
import websocket
Ok so i am not sure if this will fix your problem but there are a couple things in python that you shouldn't name your project. Scratchattach is one of them as instead of finding the scratchattach module it just gets its self because its named scratchattach. And try what the other person said.
Hmm… I think I understand what you are saying. I changed the folder name, but it didn't fix my module problem. Thanks anyway!
File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratch_Test_Project/Testing.py”, line 1, in <module>
File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratch_Test_Project/scratchattach/__init__.py”, line 1, in <module>
from .cloud import *
File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratch_Test_Project/scratchattach/cloud.py”, line 2, in <module>
import websocket
wvzack
Scratcher
500+ posts

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

What is the exact error?
from .cloud import *
import websocket
Hmm… I think I understand what you are saying. I changed the folder name, but it didn't fix my module problem. Thanks anyway!
File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratch_Test_Project/Testing.py”, line 1, in <module>
File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratch_Test_Project/scratchattach/__init__.py”, line 1, in <module>
from .cloud import *
File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratch_Test_Project/scratchattach/cloud.py”, line 2, in <module>
import websocket
Okay try asking on stackoverflow if you want. Sometimes naming stuff certain names will make the modules not work.

nexoalex
Scratcher
79 posts

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

What is the exact error?
from .cloud import *
import websocket
from .cloud import *
import websocket
pip install websocket run it

Last edited by nexoalex (May 26, 2024 23:19:31)

cs845962
Scratcher
10 posts

nexoalex wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

What is the exact error?
from .cloud import *
import websocket
from .cloud import *
import websocket
It is not letting me run the command. It says that there is a syntax error, and it highlights the “i” Come to think of it, it didn't let me run pip install -U scratchattach either, and for the same reasons!
wvzacktest
Scratcher
9 posts

cs845962 wrote:

nexoalex wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

What is the exact error?
from .cloud import *
import websocket
from .cloud import *
import websocket
It is not letting me run the command. It says that there is a syntax error, and it highlights the “i” Come to think of it, it didn't let me run pip install -U scratchattach either, and for the same reasons!
ok so are you on windows?
cs845962
Scratcher
10 posts

wvzacktest wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

nexoalex wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

What is the exact error?
from .cloud import *
import websocket
from .cloud import *
import websocket
No. I'm on mac, but I finally figured it out. I didn't have pip installed. I followed the steps here: https://packaging.python.org/en/latest/tutorials/installing-packages/ and it is now working. Thank you so much. I should have guessed that it was pip…
wvzacktest
Scratcher
9 posts

cs845962 wrote:

wvzacktest wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

nexoalex wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

What is the exact error?
from .cloud import *
import websocket
from .cloud import *
import websocket
No. I'm on mac, but I finally figured it out. I didn't have pip installed. I followed the steps here: https://packaging.python.org/en/latest/tutorials/installing-packages/ and it is now working. Thank you so much. I should have guessed that it was pip…
Okay and if you have problems installing scratchattach go to your files (this is how you do it on windows but im sure its not that different on mac) look up pip.exe if pip.exe does not exist there might be something like pip11.3.exe after that instead of doing pip install -U scratchattach try pip(in my case “pip11.3” basically the numbers you see after pip) install -U scratchattach
nexoalex
Scratcher
79 posts

cs845962 wrote:

nexoalex wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

What is the exact error?
from .cloud import *
import websocket
from .cloud import *
import websocket
pip install pip
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

wvzack wrote:

(#2485)

TimMcCool wrote:

wvzacktest-snip-[/quote wrote:

you probably need to
I did that and when I run
pip3.11 show scratchattach
it says im on version 1.7.3
the latest pip scratchattach version is 1.7.3. try downloading from guthib

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post
nexoalex
Scratcher
79 posts

cs845962 wrote:

wvzacktest wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

nexoalex wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

wvzack wrote:

cs845962 wrote:

What is the exact error?
from .cloud import *
import websocket
from .cloud import *
import websocket
good job for troubleshouting like a master (also first on this page)

Last edited by nexoalex (May 27, 2024 16:06:47)

cs845962
Scratcher
10 posts

Hehe… I think this is a TimMcCool level question. My code seemed to work, and I successfully invited one curator to a studio, but as soon as I tried to invite two, I got this monster of an error. I can't make any sense of it. Any help is appreciated.
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.12/lib/python3.12/site-packages/requests/models.py”, line 963, in json
return complexjson.loads(self.content.decode(encoding), **kwargs)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.12/lib/python3.12/json/__init__.py”, line 346, in loads
return _default_decoder.decode(s)
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.12/lib/python3.12/json/decoder.py”, line 337, in decode
obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.12/lib/python3.12/json/decoder.py”, line 355, in raw_decode
raise JSONDecodeError(“Expecting value”, s, err.value) from None
json.decoder.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 2 column 1 (char 1)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratch_Test_Project/scratchattach/studio.py”, line 285, in invite_curator
).json()
File “/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.12/lib/python3.12/site-packages/requests/models.py”, line 971, in json
raise RequestsJSONDecodeError(e.msg, e.doc, e.pos)
requests.exceptions.JSONDecodeError: Expecting value: line 2 column 1 (char 1)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratch_Test_Project/Testing.py”, line 17, in <module>
studio.invite_curator(username)
File “/Users/~/Documents/Python Programs/Scratch_Test_Project/scratchattach/studio.py”, line 287, in invite_curator
raise(_exceptions.Unauthorized)
NameError: name ‘_exceptions’ is not defined. Did you mean: ‘exceptions’?
Again, I got one invite to work (confirmed), but as soon as I tried to send two (two users, one studio) the script failed. Thanks!