Discuss Scratch

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchattach - A Scratch API wrapper (Python)

FishHoue wrote:

(#2381)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

FishHoue wrote:

(#2379)
VS Code is NOT in built with Asus VivoBook E14s (which is what I have), instead it has every basic to medium Microaft app ranges, not addiotnal apps, like Power Automate, VS Code, Power Apps and other additions (which I can add in minutes).
It does the same THING: ‘pip’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

1. when did i write that
2. you might just not have pip lol.

Last edited by dynamicsofscratch (April 21, 2024 10:35:56)

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Anything above that grey line is a signature!
Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
Computer enthusiast, coder, designer and a offline veteran.
700th post
TheCommCraft
Scratcher
500+ posts

FishHoue wrote:

(#2381)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

(#2379)
press windows key+r and type in cmd to run command prompt and type in pip install scratchattach
It does the same THING: ‘pip’ is not recognized as an internal or external command,

try “python.exe -m pip”

OR

If you don't have pip installed then try executing this python file: https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py

Last edited by TheCommCraft (April 21, 2024 11:19:13)

Random Project

spamton.gif

DUNGEON_EXPLORATION_03_02_23_01
COMPILED VERSION FOR HIGHER SPEED
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheCommCraft wrote:

(#2383)

FishHoue wrote:

(#2381)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

(#2379)
press windows key+r and type in cmd to run command prompt and type in pip install scratchattach

try “python.exe -m pip”

OR

If you don't have pip installed then try executing this python file: https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py

yeah second option would probably work
Curse you for the infintieth time, 60 second rule

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

Also, anything can be put in your signature, (also referred as a siggy) including ads but! You cannot do anything else that violates the community guidelines as, you will be reported and you could be banned/muted.
700th post
FishHoue
Scratcher
16 posts

Acutally, Co-pilot said I might not have pip and that I might need to use a PATH.
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FishHoue wrote:

(#2385)
Acutally, Co-pilot said I might not have pip and that I might need to use a PATH.
add pip to environment variables cuz it might just not be there

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
FishHoue
Scratcher
16 posts

I WON'T use bootstraps' pip package, PowerShell (Terminal) put a warning saying adding the pip to shell could cause unexpected running of commands, which is NOT good.
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FishHoue wrote:

(#2387)
I WON'T use bootstraps' pip package, PowerShell (Terminal) put a warning saying adding the pip to shell could cause unexpected running of commands, which is NOT good.
it isn't harmful…

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
TheCommCraft
Scratcher
500+ posts

FishHoue wrote:

(#2387)
Every newer python installation automatically comes with pipand pretty much everyone is using it, it isn't harmful

Random Project

spamton.gif

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheCommCraft wrote:

(#2389)

FishHoue wrote:

(#2387)
Every newer python installation automatically comes with pipand pretty much everyone is using it, it isn't harmful
yup, exactly what i said it isn't harmful.

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
FishHoue
Scratcher
16 posts

But I use PowerShell 5.1, the old version, instead of PowerShell 7.0
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FishHoue wrote:

(#2392)
But I use PowerShell 5.1, the old version, instead of PowerShell 7.0
which version of python do you have? that might be the solution to your problem

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
FishHoue
Scratcher
16 posts

I haven't installled Python, and althouhg this is my personal laptop, I do not have full permission from my parents to install un verified resources.
-unrelated-
Scratcher
58 posts

FishHoue wrote:

(#2394)
I haven't installled Python, and althouhg this is my personal laptop, I do not have full permission from my parents to install un verified resources.
You NEED python to use a python library

<!DOCTYPE html>
Him_is_bob
Scratcher
71 posts

If I wanted to get the full project data sprites costumes everything how would I download? Also for uploading. I am building a scratch android app and these are crucial features

when green flag clicked
if <cool scratcher :: sensing> then{
tell (username) [In a remaster race Go check out the original https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/644148324/] :: looks

} elif <uncool::sensing>{
tell (username) [Looking at my projects will make you cooler.....] :: looks
} :: control
Im sorry i had a bigger evil kumquat but it got eaten by a good signature :: #FFA500

dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FishHoue wrote:

(#2394)
bro you need python to have pip and to program in python. nor python or pip is unverified (literally ask any python programmer)

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
dynamicsofscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Him_is_bob wrote:

(#2396)
If I wanted to get the full project data sprites costumes everything how would I download? Also for uploading. I am building a scratch android app and these are crucial features
were doing what now?

Regards
dynamicsofscratch

700th post
Him_is_bob
Scratcher
71 posts

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Him_is_bob wrote:

(#2396)
were doing what now?
getting the whole project file. I understand I may need requests of my own

when green flag clicked
tell (username) [In a remaster race Go check out the original https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/644148324/] :: looks

Im sorry i had a bigger evil kumquat but it got eaten by a good signature :: #FFA500

TheCommCraft
Scratcher
500+ posts

Him_is_bob wrote:

(#2398)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Him_is_bob wrote:

(#2396)
were doing what now?
maybe try selenium or zipfile

Random Project

spamton.gif

Him_is_bob
Scratcher
71 posts

TheCommCraft wrote:

Him_is_bob wrote:

(#2398)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Him_is_bob wrote:

(#2396)
were doing what now?
how would one get the sb3 from scratch

when green flag clicked

TheCommCraft
Scratcher
500+ posts

Him_is_bob wrote:

(#2400)

TheCommCraft wrote:

Him_is_bob wrote:

(#2398)

dynamicsofscratch wrote:

Him_is_bob wrote:

(#2396)
were doing what now?
how would one get the sb3 from scratch
selenium would emulate a browser to get it and zipfile would directly recreate the file format

Random Project

spamton.gif