Discuss Scratch

-WritingIsCool-
Scratcher
85 posts

Scratch Writing Camp Writing Sharing Thread (March 2022)

Weekly #2
Premise:

Your character is thrown into an unfamiliar world, one they have no clue about. Everything is all so different from what they're used to. What's more: they're completely lost. They have no idea how to get back, and are terrified they'll never find their way home again. Nobody can help, and they feel scared and alone. Soon though, they find a way to get back, although the journey is long and perilous. They must overcome many obstacles, both mental and physical, if they are ever to see their home again. Nevertheless, they are desperate, and willing to take the risks. Along the way, they meet a helpful companion, someone who's from the strange world, and therefore knows all about it. Together they journey across this place to find the way home. The companion is not willing to go back with your character, and they say a wistful, yet lovely goodbye.
mayhem-olympia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Daily March 15!
The saying I chose was “Ces ne sont pas tes oignons”, which is French for “mind your own business”, but it literally means “these are not your onions” which I think is quite funny.

“Ces ne sont pas tes oignons!” I yell for the third time today, feeling incredibly frustrated. I know that my habit of never being able to say “no” to people can get me into some weird situations, but I think this is the weirdest one I’ve been in so far this year. I have a clear plastic bag of onions in my hand. My friend has her cookery class today, and she forgot to bring in one key ingredient of the meal she’ll be preparing. I was, apparently, the only person she could call.

I’m usually home-schooled; this is my first time in a regular school since I was little. I’m not totally sure why they let me in the gates. (Actually, I do - my friend keeps a spare blazer at my house for occasions like this, where I need to sneak into her school. So to the teachers I’ve walked past, I must just look like a student who’s gotten lost on the way to class.)

I’m trying to find my friend’s classroom, whilst also puzzling out how I’m going to give her the onions and then leave without being suspicious. (Just imagine how funny it would look from the teacher’s perspective - a student walks into your classroom, gives her friend a plastic bag full of onions, and then simply walks out of the school!)

Eventually, I decide on a plan of action. I take off the blazer and put it in my backpack - it’s done its job, which was to get me into the school. I’m wearing a white blouse and plain black trousers. I do look a bit like a waitress, but oh well. I look professional enough that I could pass for somebody’s secretary. I quickly tie my hair into a neat bun, which adds to the vibe I’m going for here.

Taking a deep breath, I recheck the message she sent me - Je suis dans la salle de classe avec une pancarte sur la porte disant G04! - and walk up to the classroom. I knock on the door.

“Bonjour, madame. Peux-je vous aider?” the teacher says to me, and I smile.

“As-tu une élève appelée Evelyn dans votre classe? J’ai ses oignons.” I hold up the bag.

The teacher nods. “Evelyn? Tu veux, euh, ces oignons?”

They seem a little taken aback by the onions, but they haven’t clocked that I’m sixteen yet, or that I’m definitely not meant to be there.

Evelyn walks up to me and I can tell that she’s trying not to laugh.

“Oui, ces sont mes oignons! Merci, madamoiselle,” she says, and a giggle slips out.

“De rien!” I answer, and exchange a conspiratorial glance with her. Quickly, before the teacher notices anything is wrong, I call out, “Merci!” and walk out, now trying to hold in my own giggles.
Translations of the French!
- “Ces ne sont pas tes oignons!” = “Mind your own business!” (literally “These are not your onions”)
- “Je suis dans la salle de classe avec une pancarte sur la porte disant G04!” = “I am in the classroom with a sign on the door saying G04”
- “Bonjour, madame. Peux-je vous aider?” = “Hello, ma'am. Can I help you?”
- “As-tu une élève appelée Evelyn dans votre classe? J’ai ses oignons.” = “Do you have a student called Evelyn in your class? I have her onions.”
- “Evelyn? Tu veux, euh, ces oignons?” = “Evelyn? Do you want, um, these onions?”
- “Oui, ces sont mes oignons! Merci, madamoiselle,” = “Yes, these are my onions! Thank you, miss.”
- “De rien” = “You're welcome” or “No problem”
- “Merci” = “Thanks”

in all chaos there is calculation
~ mayhem (they/she)

swc fanfiction variance authority march 2024!!!
ivylime
New to Scratch
1 post

DAILY #15

'Use an idiom taken literally as a writing prompt!'
It all boils down to… (I used ‘nothing’ but the idiom can be followed by anything)

London, 1902. The most booked restaurant in all of Europe - La Fleur et Tige.

Gentle jazz music faintly tinkles in the background. A gilded chandelier dangles above a dimly lit room, illuminating a single table in the centre of the restaurant. Upon the table is a spotless white tablecloth, a blood red rose and a napkin carefully folded into an origami swan. For the first time in five years, La Fleur et Tige is utterly empty. It is waiting for the arrival of a very special guest indeed …

The restaurant itself is empty, but in the kitchen … well, quite a hubbub is breaking out. And all because of this one guest.

Who, you may wonder. You will soon find out. Follow me to the kitchen, will you? Let's walk past this strangely empty room, down the long corridor leading to the kitchen, up the winding stairs, and open the door firmly labelled:

STAFF ONLY.

Don't worry - they can't see you. Can you smell that bubbling soup? Those onions simmering in the pan? The faint whiff of camembert wafting through the air? But most importantly … can you hear the saucier's shouts? The colliding pots and pans as the sous chef stumbles across the kitchen? The panic in everyone's voices as they near the guest's arrival?

“He'll be coming soon!” the assistant chef cries.
“Mr Toussaint will be here any second!” The pastry cook screams.
“It all comes down to this boeuf bourguignon!” the head chef shouts. “If it's a disaster, the biggest food critic in the world will shut down our restaurant! It just needs to finish boiling!”

They all wait with baited breaths, barely daring to even look at the dish. It seems like the beef is boiling well, but no one can ever tell with boeuf bourguignon. Finally, the head chef puts a lid over the dish, so they didn't need to stare any longer. Will the beef prevail, or will they, La Fleur et La Tige, the best restaurant in all of Europe, be forced to close?

The time has come. The head chef gingerly lifts the lid off of the beef.

There's nothing there.
-lilliana
Scratcher
3 posts

Weekly - Premise:
When your main character steps outside, they can't help but notice that something is odd…there's no one about and the whole area is in complete silence. They have no idea what is happening. But they cannot help but think of fantasies - fantasies that aren't actually far from the truth. Taking a walk, your character tries to figure out the puzzle. Where is everyone? Is this an act of evil? Or is it just a coincidence? The choice isn't obvious. Your character must find out the truth; they don't know if they're the last one left. But something must be done to unfold the mysteries. It's up to your character to do so. And it might be a dangerous ride - or it might be easy. Who knows? Your character could embark on this quest or they could choose to abstain - it's up to them. They have to make the choice for themselves.
coolgirl100-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Daily 15:328 words
Idiom: “The best of both worlds”

Loki strolled up to the great building of Bilkskirnir, Thor's hall. He came over for a “playdate”, a pastime he got from children he met in Midgard. He rapped on the big, pine door.
“Hello!!” He trilled.
“Who is i- what do you want, Loki?” came Thor's unmistakable voice.
“I came here for a playdate!” replied Loki with in his most sugary tone.
The door opened, revealing Thor in his most grumpy expression.
“What the heck is a playdate?” He asked.
Loki took a deep breath.
“A playdate is when you come over to your friend's house to play!” He explained.
Thor rolled his eyes.
“Loki,” He said. “Aren't we a bit old for that? You are five hundred and forty-three next month.”
“But we are certainly not young for adventures! So how are we too young to play!”
“Eh, good point.”
Loki followed his best friend into his grand, haunting hall. In it, there was a banqueting table as long as twenty stallions like all the other halls except for Odin's. Thor took his place at the top and Loki sat next to him.
“May I offer you some mead?” Thor asked like the good host he is.
“Oh no, I'm fine thank you,” replied Loki. “Look, what I actually want to talk about is going on another adventure.”
“But we already went on one! Don't you remember the otter's ransom!?” Thor said incredulously.
“I know, I know, but I was thinking, why don't we have another one? Then we can have our fun little playdate while we're at it. Think of it, exploring the lava mountains and playing together like when we were children-young! It'll be the best of both worlds!”
But, as Loki suggested that, the world went spinning around and around, making Thor and Loki very, very dizzy. And before they knew it. They were in the middle of the sea especially between Midgard and Jotunheim.
“Well, I wasn't expecting that.” Loki said simply.

Last edited by coolgirl100- (March 15, 2022 18:58:11)

Lolll what a scrumdiddlyumptious signature
Whimsy_lux
Scratcher
33 posts

Dancing with the devil.

Why? Why did I go with them? Why did I agree? I knew it would end up terribly, I knew I was making a wrong choice. So, how, how did this happen? Tears began to fall from my eyes as the man spun me around. How long have I been here anyway? A few minutes? Hours? Days? I’d never see the light of day again, not my friends, not my home, is this what eternal damnation feels like? Is this really my life?
“Eyes on me,” The man said, his voice dripping with false gentleness. I refused to, I couldn’t even look at him. Every glance fills me with despair like no other, reminding me of my mistake and filling my heart with fear. It makes me replay my deepest sorrows, regrets, worries, fears, darkest moments all with his voice saying how all of it is my fault. My fault my fault my fault. When I still continued to ignore him he chuckled and repeated himself, this time with more authority. I screwed my eyes shut and tried to shut him out but then I felt a hand on my face. He grabbed me forcefully by my cheeks and made me face him. His touch was scalding, the room started heating, I felt fire creeping up my dress, I was burning.
“Don’t make me pry your pretty little eyes open. I don’t want to but I will if I must. I’m being nice right now, would you rather me gauge your eyes out?” The man said. I have to keep my eyes closed. I felt his hand hovering over my face. Keep them closed. His finger touches my eyelid, and I hold my mouth to muffle my pain. His claws start to dig into my eyes and I yell in pain. He’s going to actually do it. He’s going to rip my eyes from its socket. I can’t take it any more. I open my eyes.
All the pain went away, the room went back to normal temperature and when I looked at my dress, not even ashes covered it. He wanted to see me scared and suffering. I don’t know why I expected anything less and when I made this realization he broke into an uncanny grin. His eyes were bright red contrasting from his pale, almost white face. From his pitch black hair horns sprouted the same color as his wings. His tail wrapped around my back as he took a strand of my hair as he dipped me. My vision started to go blurry and my senses dampened. I heard familiar upbeat music and I knew exactly what was happening.
“Sweet dreams,” The man cooed and I was back at the party. I was going to replay how I ended up dancing with the devil.
AmazaEevee
Scratcher
500+ posts

March 15, 2022

Word count: 410

Week 2; Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5

Weekly Part 1:

Amy: Roxie was playing in the rose garden on a fine spring morning, as usual. She was trimming the roses, and made sure they were all well kept. Even though it was already mid April, the weather could still be cold. This morning the wind was howling louder than a pack of wolves. It didn't help that Roxie lived right by the thicked wood that everyone feared. And since the wind was blowing in that direction, Roxie didn't dare go near the forest. She was working on planting some new white roses that the old lady who runs the gardening supply shop gifted her. As the wind grew stronger and louder, Roxie had to hold on tightly to the roses, in fear that they would fly away. She rushed to bury them, so that way they would be snug in the ground. While she was doing this, she didn't realize that her seeds that she brought outside to possibly plant had started moving. The wind was carrying them towards the woods.

Eevee: She had finished planting the roses in the ground when she looked around to find the seeds. She was puzzled at why she couldn't find them when she turned to the woods. She saw the light complexion of the seed packed through the thicket of trees. She wanted to go and get them but feared what could happen. As the wind whistled through her hair, she thought about what she should do next. While she was pacing around a bit, her apron got snagged on one of the thorns on the rose bush. She gasped as she tried to pull it out. It was her favorite apron, a gift from her late grandmother. Trying to get it out carefully, she finally got it loose enough to not cause much damage. Walking to the front of her cottage, she untied her apron to take a good look at the rip. Just then, the wind blew loudly, causing Roxie to let go of the apron. The apron was carried to the same place as the seeds. Roxie was frozen for a second and started to panic. She rushed inside and threw on another layer of clothes.

Amy: She looked over towards the woods, where her apron was hanging over a tree branch. Roxie wasn't sure if she dared go in just to get the apron back. After thinking over it, she decided that she should just go and grab the apron, and get it over with. She cautiously walked towards the woods, as the wind continued to storm. She reached her hand out to grab the apron, but she hesitated. After all, bad things always happened to people who dared step a toe into the wood. Roxie sighed, and forced herself to grab the apron. She quickly snatched the apron, and put it back on. Roxie was relieved that she was perfectly fine. She turned to leave, when she felt something touch her foot. It was the bag of seeds she was going to plant. Roxie crouched down and grabbed them. She rose, and stared into the wood. She wasn't sure if she would ever want to go near them again. Just to reclaim her items was fine, but that had scared her a lot. Roxie took one last look at the woods, and quickly sprinted towards her house.

Eevee: She closed the door behind her and slid down the door to the ground. She clutched the apron in her hand, getting up after taking some time to breathe. Roxie walked over to the dinner table and set her seeds down on the table. There was no way she was going to plant them now, not after what she had just done. The wind was still audible from the inside of her cottage, it seemed to be getting louder as it howled. She got out her sewing kit and decided to dive into mending the apron. By the time she finished repairing the apron, which took longer than she thought, the sky was darkening. She got up, sighing; the wind is still as loud as ever. The thundering noises outside didn’t signal a peaceful night. Roxie heated up some chicken soup from earlier and ate that for dinner. Looking outside, the trees swayed with the wind; the dark eeriness gave Roxie an unsettling feeling. She set her apron down next to the seeds, not wanting to think about that now. She quickly got ready for bed, ready to slide under her blankets. When she got in bed, she recounted everything that had happened. She shuddered at the thought, not daring to ever go near the woods.

Last edited by AmazaEevee (March 15, 2022 20:08:17)

AmazaEevee
Scratcher
500+ posts

March 1-, 2022

Word count: TBD

Weekly Part 2:

(Placeholder)

Last edited by AmazaEevee (March 15, 2022 20:08:47)

AmazaEevee
Scratcher
500+ posts

March 1-, 2022

Weekly Part 3:

(Placeholder)

Last edited by AmazaEevee (March 15, 2022 20:09:05)

AmazaEevee
Scratcher
500+ posts

March 1-, 2022

Weekly Part 4:

(Placeholder)

Last edited by AmazaEevee (March 15, 2022 20:10:02)

StarKitten_Writes
Scratcher
60 posts

The Gatekeepers of Death
Writing Competition Entry by @StarKitten_Writes
Exactly 2000 words
8+ Mild Violence and darker themes (abuse, afterlife concepts, some descriptions of blood)
“Mabel!” I scoop up the little girl. “Mabel, go to your room okay? Play with your toys. Stay here, okay?”
The little girl looks at me, seeing the tears in my eyes, and my fear. Her mouth trembles like she’s about to cry.
“Bea?” she whispers.
“Shh, it’ll be okay.” I put Mabel in her room and gently kiss her dark brown curls. “I love you,” I whisper, “Be safe.”
I close her door, then quietly pull out my phone, and dial 9-1-1. As it rings, fear builds in my chest.
“911, what’s your emergency?”
“My stepfather pulled a knife on my brother.” My voice shakes from holding back tears.
“I’m calling the police. What’s your address?”
“672 Maple Pathway.”
Silence. Then “The police are on the way. Do not hang up,”
I hear Finn scream.
“Finn!” Finn is my little brother, and the main target of our stepfather’s rage. He dislikes us because he’s not our dad. Mabel’s his kid, but not us. Phone still in hand, I run into the kitchen. I barely have time to process my stepfather looming over Finn, hunting knife still in hand, before I throw myself between him and my brother.
“Stop!” I yell. “I called the police, they’ll arrest you!”
“Liar.” But my stepfather still glances at the door uneasily. “You wouldn’t do that.”
“I should have months ago.” I snap, then instantly regret it when he turns on me, anger flaring in his eyes.
“Stupid brat!” He lunges at me, the blade of the knife stabbing into me.
The phone falls to the floor with a heavy thud. I collapse on my knees, my head slamming into the ground. The last thing I hear is Finn’s scream.
==================================================
The girl appears a few feet away from me.
I immediately run to her side. After all my time in the Void, I’ve learned that if you want to save someone’s life, no time can be wasted. She lies on the grey ground, her arm clutching her stomach. When I reach her side, I see that she is lying in a pool of blood. Her white-blond hair falls over her face, and tears glisten on her cheeks.
I place my hand on her forehead, preparing myself for her most recent memories to flood my mind. A mix of fear, anger, and pain. She steps between a tall, angry man and a young boy, whose hair is the same color as hers. A brother, probably. She says something, and the man responds by attacking her with the knife. The boy screams, and the police break through the door as she loses consciousness.
Her injury is too great, I cannot heal her. What will her fate be if she continues past the Void?
When I call on the mist, it shifts from grey to a thick, heavy black. The mark of eternal punishment.
I pull back, stunned. This girl died a hero, but will suffer in the afterlife. Usually, if a soul is to be punished, I let them pass. They deserve their punishment. But now, I am not so sure. Does she deserve her fate?
It is the tears in her eyes that convince me. She may not be completely innocent, but she gave her life to protect another. She deserves a second chance.
I place my hand on her forehead, and she shudders under my touch. Her body is close to death, her soul ready to take flight. I only have moments before she is beyond my reach.
Golden light flows from my fingertips, across her skin, fading in. Her injuries disappear, and her body falls still. I wonder if I was too late, but her eyes suddenly snap open. They are brilliant gold, like mine.
“Where am I?!” I glance around in a panic. “What happened?”
“You died.” a sad voice says, and I turn around sharply. A boy stands behind me, his eyes sympathetic. His light brown hand touches my shoulder gently. “I saw your past, and your fate was unfair. I could not save your life, but I had the ability to keep you here, and save you from the darkness that the afterlife had held for you.”
“What are you talking about?!” I meet his eyes, which are bright gold. “I can’t be dead. My family is depending on me!”
“I know,” he says. “Believe me, I know. But the police arrived. Your family is safe.”
“Oh, god.” Tears well in my eyes. “Finn…”
My little brother will be scarred for the rest of his life. He saw our stepfather attack me. He saw me die.
I turn my thoughts away. “Where am I?” I ask, wiping my eyes.
“In the Void. The endless hall between life and death, in all worlds.”
“All worlds?”
“Yes,” he says, “I come from a world very different from yours. But you and I, we have a job here. We have the power to save people who are on the verge of death. If we can return them to life, we may have changed the fate of our worlds. We are the Gatekeepers of death.”
“What if you can’t save them?”
“Then we can let them pass, to eternal bliss or punishment. Or, each Gatekeeper has the power to promote another soul to become a Gatekeeper. You were facing punishment, but I thought that it was undeserved.”
I take a moment to think through his words, and the emotion behind them. “You were lonely?”
He blinks, then blushes. “Yes, perhaps.” He changes the topic quickly. “What’s your name?”
“Beatrice.” I say. “But I prefer to be called Bea. What’s yours?”
“Iaz,” he says. “And perhaps you are right, I have been very lonely. Most deserving people pass through the Void to eternal goodness, and it is fair to let them go. Cases in which someone would be better staying in the Void are rare. Such as you. And me.”
I smile, just a bit. I’ve had a bad life, but maybe I can save others’. Others more deserving than me.
Bea is incredible. I haven’t been able to engage in simple conversation with another being in so long, and every word between us is a relief to my lonely mind. We walk through the Void, through the fields of eternity, just us. Bea is curious, about my world and the Void, and her curiosity makes her even more beautiful.
We wander in the Void for a while before a person appears. A small girl lies in the grey mist, her tiny hand curled into a fist.
Bea runs up to the little girl. The girl is awake, which is rare for the dying souls that appear in the Void. I stay back as the girl stares at Bea.
“You can heal her,” I whisper. “Just try.”
Bea closes her eyes and gently touches the girl’s forehead. A bit of gold light, barely visible, enters the girl, then disappears.
“Are you an angel?” the little girl asks quietly. Bea opens her gold eyes and brushes back the girl’s hair.
“Maybe.” She gently kisses the girl’s forehead. “You go back to sleep, and it’ll be alright, okay?”
The girl closes her eyes, and a moment later, she’s gone, back to her own world.
“You saved her.” I say.
“Her memories were from somewhere very different from what I’m used to, but the situation was so
familiar.” Bea wipes away a tear. “She was sick. People were scared she would die. I had to help her.”
We wander into the Void again, silent. Then, Bea asks, “Is this all that you do?”
I nod.
Bea presses her lips together tightly, her eyes full of pity. Then, suddenly, she embraces me tightly.
I am knocked back a step, stunned and caught off guard, unsure what to say. Bea releases me quickly, her face red.
“I’m sorry you were alone for so long, Iaz.”
I’m as unused to empathy as I am friendship. I turn away so that she doesn’t see my tears, but her hand on my shoulder makes me turn to face her
anyway. I return her embrace, and we stand there for a long time. Years in some worlds, seconds in others, but we have all the time that every corner of the universe has to offer, and longer. Eternity.
There is no day or night in the Void, so it’s hard to tell how long I’ve spent here, healing people and being with Iaz. Even with Iaz, who is always at my side, the Void is lonely, but it’s better than the life I once had.
Iaz and I walk in the Void and talk. We talk about the various worlds a lot, and the small details of the ones we came from, but I don’t talk about my personal life. Neither does he.
“Would you go back, if you could?” he asks me one day.
“To my life? No.” I say. “ I had it pretty bad.” I pause. Would you?”
“I don’t know,” he says. “In my world, I had family and friends that I miss a lot. But the war ruined most of that. Everyone I knew was forced into slavery, and we all had to fight for the man who captured us. So if I’d survived, I would have been alone.”
We continue in silence. Iaz told me that sometimes, Gatekeepers encounter each other, so neither of us reacts when a shape in the distance begins to move towards us. But when it is in front of us, it is still pure shadow. A hand-like shadow reaches out and grabs me.
“Come.” It begins to pull me below the mist-like ground of the Void.
I try to pull away but the shadow’s grip is too strong.
“Bea!” Iaz grabs my hand, just before I go under the mist.
What is going on?
Three shadow figures stand before us, and my blood turns to ice in my veins. The Council of Death.
“You have not paid.” they say, and Bea goes pale.
“I spent my whole life paying.” she says, her voice shaking with fear. “I’ve paid for my mistakes many times over, and suffered at the hands of others more times than you would know.”
“We know all, and you are still guilty. You have evaded your punishment too long, and now you have no choice. Face your banishment.”
“No!” I step forward, but Bea pulls me back.
“Iaz, no!” she whispers, but I ignore her protest. I have seen banishment once before: excruciating pain that destroys a being’s soul, so they will never live again. No one deserves it, and especially not Bea.
“What did she do?” I ask, and the Council turns their gazes on me.
“She killed an innocent.”
“No, I didn’t!” Bea says. “I wasn’t the one- I didn’t-”
The room disappears.
I know where we are.
Iaz is still at my side, his hand still in mine, and I bury my face in his shoulder. I have no desire to relive this day, or see his face when he realizes who I am.
When the gun goes off, I hear my own scream. I sob into Iaz’s shirt, and to my surprise, his arm tightens around me protectively. “It’s okay.” he whispers. “They’re still wrong about you.”
I pull away, shocked. “I let someone die!” I whisper. I know the Council is watching us, we are back in the mist-world, but I still whisper anyways.
“You already faced your punishment for that. In your life.” Iaz grips my shoulders tightly. “Listen, banishment is brutal. They will tear your soul apart, and you will cease to exist, in any world or any corner of the Void. You will be gone forever.”
“There's nothing we can do, Iaz!”
“Then take me, too!”
I can’t let her suffer alone.
The mist-hands grab us, and the world dissolves into pain. I cling to Bea tightly, trying to hold onto her as long as I can. As long as I still exist.

Kat - she/they
SWC November 2022 - Hi-Fi ftw!!!!!
AmazaEevee
Scratcher
500+ posts

March 1-, 2022

Weekly Part 5:

(Placeholder)

Last edited by AmazaEevee (March 15, 2022 20:10:18)

Huihui06
Scratcher
32 posts

Daily
Get a taste of your medicine

It was a normal day at the library. Sia was writing her essay for science. Suddenly, Dewey came and knocked Sia chair. She came crashing to the ground.
“Oww!” Sia yelled at Dewey. “Really?”
Dewey laughed. “It was funny.” He cackled. He picked up Sia's essay and started reading out loud. “ When the meteoroid hit the Earth, the smoke from it was so thick that the plants can't grow. Because of this, the plants can't grow. The herbivores who eat the plants ran out of food. They died out. The carnivores who ate the herbivores ran out of food. This chain of events caused the extinction of the dinosaurs.” Dewey droned.
“Give it back!” Sia demanded, snatching her paper.
“Your no fu-” Dewey said. However, he choked on something. “Ugh.” he groaned. “When did I eat this-this-this disgusting drink?”
Sia started at him. That was odd. Dewey usually memorized everything.
“Maybe its your brain.” Sia shrugged.
“No it isn't.” Dewey said, clutching his stomach. “Urghh.”
Hmm. Sia thought. Maybe, it's…
“UGHHHH!” Dewey moaned. “Too mediciney.”
Suddenly, Sia thought about the idiom she learned from second grade. “Get a taste of your own medicine.” However, Sia didn't know how to tell that to Dewey. She started at him for a bit.
“Maybe,” She started. “Maybe it's because you treated me unfairly.”
“Well.” Dewey snarled. “That isn't possible. Magic isn't re- URGH!”
Sia tried to tell him about the idiom but Dewey just wouldn't listen.
“Listen Dewey.” Sia tried. “Just-”
“NO!” Dewey roared. He punched a bookshelf labeled “ FAIRY TALES.”
“Hey!” A librarian said. “No punching or yelling in the library!”
“I don't care!” Dewey muttered. “My stomach hurts!”
“Well, maybe you should see the nurse.” The librarian suggested. “And go ahead, apologize to this young woman.”
“FINE!” Dewey said. “Sorry Ria.”
All of a sudden, Dewey stopped clutching his stomach. “Hey!” He said, lightning up. “The disgusting drink flavor… I can't taste it!”
“Proves my point.” Ria said. “Come, let's go home Dewey.”
Words: 333

┊⠀⠀⠀┊⠀⠀⠀┊⠀⠀⠀┊
┊⠀⠀⠀┊⠀⠀⠀┊⠀⠀⠀✧・゚
┊⠀⠀⠀┊⠀⠀⠀ ✧・゚ ᴠɪᴠ
┊⠀⠀⠀✧・゚ ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ
✧・゚
majesticMiddleschool
Scratcher
500+ posts

Character

Name: Ever Williams
Species: Human

217 words

Personality and traits:
Ever is a soft spoken person, and kind. She is a motherly figure to younger people in her life, and a natural born leader. Ever is extraordinarily ambitious, she wants to excel at everything she does. However, she’s transparent to a fault and can’t hide any of her emotions or thoughts. Ever is very whimsical and likes to go her own way. She’s confident, and unafraid to put herself on the line for what she believes in. Her morals are strong and guide her life, but she sometimes pushes the boundaries of what others see as ethical. Ever is graceful with a lean frame, and is very quick at picking up new tasks. She’s a helpful person, and many people go to her when they need guidance or advice. Despite that, Ever is a loner. She doesn’t like to work with other people, and prefers to limit her contact with them when possible. Ever doesn’t sugar-coat anything, and can be very blunt at times. She also tends to utilize sarcasm, and some people dislike her straight to the point nature. Ever has long, light brown hair and silver eyes. She’s about five and a half feet tall, and has a slim build. She seems unassuming at first glance, but she is strong and quick when need be.

202 words
Wants, hopes, and strengths:
Ever just wants to play her music. She wants to be able to compose and play and just be on her own. She is a strong communicator, despite the fact that she doesn’t want to be near others. She’s often nominated to give speeches because she’s such a well spoken person. She also wants to one day be able to escape the little town she calls home. She doesn’t want to remain trapped forever, because she’s an explorer at heart. Despite that, Ever wants to eventually settle down and run a little bookstore. She hopes that she can make it a place of refuge for those who can’t escape their situation or themselves. Ever is also very patient, this aligns with her ability to understand and empathize with those around her. She’s always respectful of the boundaries of others but she can sense when she needs to push people out of their comfort zone. Escaping self limitations is something she strongly advocates for. Lastly, Ever is very determined, and it helps her keep positivity in her life. She is determined to motivate others and try to see the best in most situations, thus making her overall outlook lean towards the positive side.

106 words
Dislikes and fears:
Ever is terrified of failure. Not necessarily in any prospective careers or school, but failing others. She hates the idea of letting people down or falling short of her high standards for herself. She dislikes narcissistic people, and she’s had extremely bad experiences with them in the past. She also can’t stand people who look down on other people. Ever was looked down upon as a child, and it has left deep scars. Another thing Ever is afraid of, is being lost in the woods by herself. She hates the idea of not being able to get out or escape, causing claustrophobic tendencies in her behavior.

Setting

410 words
The desert is vast, and the only sign of any life is the township you just came from. The land is hot, and you’re dehydrated. The sand is in your flimsy shoes, and the ruthless wind fights against every step. It’s as if the wind is trying to keep you here too. The township you grew up in is made up of dark, boxy buildings, with two windows each. Every house is identical, and even non-residential locations are very similar. The leader buildings, distribution centers, and hospitals too. Everything is a shade of brown out here, and it’s awfully boring. The desert seems to reach forever, but there are legends of a place beyond. People say that there is an ocean out there, and beyond that, green land. Grassy and filled with life. The dystopia you live in was built by the last emperor of the Kling Empire in 2132, one hundred years ago. The Kling Empire was falling, so there were hundreds of townships built with the basic needs to support themselves. Each township was built to hold around 500 people, but could hold more if necessary. The townships have “houses” for each family unit, leadership buildings for the leaders of the township to meet and make decisions in. There are also distribution centers that give out everything from rations to medicine to armor. They seem to have everything, but word is they’re running out. There are acres of farms outside the walls of the township, but very few are allowed to go there. So many people are born, raised, and die within the walls of the township. They tell you that the world beyond is a thousand times worse than anything inside the world they’ve built. Around 20 years ago, there was a war. You were never told who it was with, but people were randomly chosen to go fight in this war. Thousands of people never came back, and nearly every township was destroyed. It’s thought that the Miria township, the one you were born in, is one of the last, if not the only, remaining hospitable places for people. Your character has been pondering for months whether they should try to escape, and they finally tried. Today, they escape the oppressive system they were raised in, and are taking the first steps towards freedom. However, there are many challenges in their path, the first of which being making it through the desert, a seemingly impossible task.

Premise

157 words
The cave near your home has been making sounds lately. Not the usual creaks and drips, oh no. It’s been more than the ebb and flow of water and the cracking and creaking of rocks. There have been…tiny footsteps. They klink around and sound as though they are no bigger than a foot tall. You come home from school one day, and enter your bedroom that overlooks the cave. When you walk in, you see that the window is shattered. However, it’s not just the glass from the window that’s scattered around, there is colorful ceramic too! Your interest has peaked, so you begin to search around. That’s when you hear it up close. The little “klink” of the footsteps. You look up from your place on the ground, and are face to face, with a short, blue gnome. You’re taken aback for a moment, and then it lunges at you with a battlecry for the ages.

Last edited by majesticMiddleschool (March 15, 2022 21:45:11)

IzzyRS2010
Scratcher
100+ posts

ʚ premise ɞ
179 words
back to full weekly
Your main character's enemy looks both ways down the halls. They quickly walk to your main character's school (or gym/work/somewhere else) locker and take something, replacing it with the opposite of it. (ex: your main character's favorite perfume swapped with their least favorite, chocolates they were going to give to their crush swapped with toothpaste flavored ones, deodorant swapped with what looked like deodorant but smelled bad, etc) They sneak away quickly just as your character walks around the corner, talking to their friend (or coworker/another person or no one) and they open their locker as they are talking to their friend (or coworker/another person or no one) and not paying much attention (if no one is there, they could be lost in their own thoughts or thinking about something or nothing at all) and they pull out what their enemy put in their locker. There isn't a way to tell that it changed by looking at it, but this was going to make the path of their life more into a bumpy roller coaster ..

Last edited by IzzyRS2010 (March 16, 2022 02:13:32)

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
:¨·.·¨:
`·..·ˊ
-DesVision-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Protectors Quest #1

Made by @Unicorn_book (Sari), Airfairy934 (Zia), -DesVision (Erie), and fluffyjujunicorn (JC)!

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐
Sari, her back pressed to a locker, glanced out at the locker room. It was perfectly quiet, so calm and silent. But it wouldn't be for long. Her breaths rushed and shallow, glanced down at her watch. Her eyes gave way to fear as the truth settled itself in her stomach. It was time, and it would be no longer until her sickly promise came true. That unsuspecting, innocent promise she had made years ago with her best friend, or the two-faced manipulative snake that she had coded to take over.

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

Zia was walking along the corridor and stopped before the locker on Sari's right. She noticed something wasn't right, “Hey, are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost.” “Hide!” in a hushed whisper, Sari grabbed Zia by the collar to her hiding spot. “I can explain,” she shivered. “Once, in STEAM, we were challenged to make a robot,” she started, “so I made one that I called Denim. She was a small robot, wearing denim overalls. So sweet and innocent, until I coded her. I never knew that Denim was capable of such things, but of course she was. I had coded her to, after all. They should be here any minute.” She tapped her watch.

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

Erie was just coming around the corner towards the locker room, when she overheard Sari say something about an evil robot that she made. Another interesting thing Erie heard Sari tell Zia was that they should hide. Erie rushed to her locker, grabbed her bag, phone, a notebook and a pen, and ran back to where she saw Sari and Zia last. She didn't care that people were yelling at her to stop running. “Hey, I overheard what you told Zia. Tell me everything, now.” Sari sighed, obviously wishing she didn’t have to tell Erie. “ We're in the middle of a robot invasion.” Sari glanced nervously at her watch. “I’m actually surprised to see anyone of human descent here besides me. Everyone else has either been abducted, forced into becoming a slave to a rich robot, being ‘relocated’, or put into a cramped concentration camp.” Sari shivered. “ I was able to escape just narrowly, since I know all of the tricks up Denim's sleeve. They got into the building just a few minutes ago, if my camera proves me right. Now, the robots should be-” Sari was cut off by a loud crash and a series of beeps from the hall. No, it couldn't be. Denim's robot servants had reached her, surrounding her on all sides but the wall. She knew she was just purely lucky if she could escape this. Sari knew that Denim wanted her de@d, because she was the only one who knew everything about Denim, her tricks, her traps, and her loopholes. But Sari couldn't d!e. Not now, not until Denim was long gone. Erie screeched when she heard the crash. Immediately, she zipped up her backpack pulling it over shoulder just before the ground started to rumble. “What do you need, and what do you guys not need? Hurry, we don't have much time!” Erie grabbed a pen out of the side pocket of her bag, and pressed the button that was supposed to push the ink injector out. Instead, the pen extended into a long metal weapon. “Do you think this could distract the robots while you guys escape?” JC stumbled as the ground shook, throwing her into the locker room. She watched as Erie revealed her weapon, letting out a little squeak at the sight. “What's going on? Where did you get that pen? And can I have one?” She squeaked even more as she stumbled towards the group. “This won't be enough. The robots will swat you away instantly. They want me.” Glancing at JC and giving her a quick smile about her comment with the pen, she turned back. “The trickiest thing for these robots is when you never stop moving–and do not stop moving at any cost or it’s bye-bye for you.” Sari looked at Erie. “A few more like that could be helpful–quick!” The robots were sensing them–and coming closer. “What you can do is empty your bag and try to find anything of use.” This newcomer was bugging Erie, there was a sense of … pain in her voice. “I'll give you all ONE, but under a few circumstances. You give them back after this or until I say you are ready, and you have to BE CAREFUL. No flailing them around like toys.” Erie handed out the pens like candy to little children. “Run around in circles poking the bots as often as possible.” Erie started off with the running, then everybody else followed. “Great!” Holding up her sword like a lightsaber, Sari carefully peeked out of her hiding spot. “On three!” JC pressed the button on her pen, and the metal weapon extended in her hands. She tried to imagine what the robots might look like–if they'd be humanoid or feral or just completely unrecognizable. Zia grabbed her rucksack and shoved in books from her locker. It was a very good thing she had every Harry Potter book on a reading marathon just then. She added multiple notebooks, too, and was just about good to go. Crouching next to their friends, they waited for Sari to countdown. “One, two, three!” Sari leaped out into the mass of robots, swinging the stick around wildly, trying to protect herself. Metal clanked and clanged as robots were hit and fell to the ground, but more seemed to appear with each coming second. “Protectors, back to back!” Erie jumped in the circle, wondering why Zia was stuffing books into her bag. “Keep hitting them! Once you see a clearing in the bots, sprint towards the doors!” Everybody kept hitting the robots, hoping they might have to stop soon. There, a clearing. “Run!” Zia slammed their bag into one last robot and took Sari's hand and started dragging her through the opening and down the corridor, hoping their friends were close behind. The most important thing was to get Sari out of there and to a safe place, wherever that was. Scared, Sari didn't bother to release herself from Zia's grip. She just hoped the others were following, or else the robots would take their weakness to their advantage. Shivering, after reaching a long corridor, Sari got up and dusted herself off. The halls were silent, unlike school usually was. But they had escaped. For now.

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐
Word Count: 1087

Last edited by -DesVision- (March 15, 2022 21:41:06)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
To see the entire signature, press ctrl + shift + down arrow
Hi I'm -DesVision-, but you can call me Erie! I love to read, write and sleep. I am in my school's book club and love when it is SWC season! MY favorite games are Minecraft and Stardew Valley. I also love to watch Marvel, too. I am aspiring author and hope to one day get published . . . somewhere. Check out my latest, and biggest, project! Go check out Sandy and Ani!
“A book is a gift you can open again and again” -Ani
For my Misconception photos, Touch Of Adventure did the image hosting.

SqueakyBird520
Scratcher
73 posts

Weekly 2

Collaborative Story
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/658259882/

Sitka: Darrel had longed for a break. As a 7th grader , it was pretty tough and definitely difficult to manage a pile of homework on the table
Me: “Oh. You're back,” said his classmate, Brianna. “Have fun with all of that. You also missed a math test and a few other things. Good luck,” she smirked. Brianna was known for being rude to almost everyone, Darrel especially.
Sitka: “Oh please, Just Shut your mouth. I've got in enough work to do.” Replied Darrel irritably. Brianna had bullied him ever since kindergarten and she was never tired of Bullying Darrel. “Never mind that idiot. She'll only be a bossy boots anyway.” Advised Jasper. Jasper was Darrel's bff
Me: Darrel frowned. “I don't even know how that girl is popular when everyone in this class dislikes her.” He'd tried, and failed, to be popular once before, but had ended up deciding it was overrated. Jasper just sighed and responded with, "The ones with no self-confidence always listen to the ones that think they at least know what they’re doing. Plus, she’s best friends with Violet. That’s practically a one-way ticket to popularity.”
Sitka: “Agreed. That girl is too spoilt. Her Parents fuss over too much. All Miss Bully wants is just getting Attention.” Replied Darrel. “I just don't get why Violet should be friends with her.” Said Jasper Puzzled. Violet was girl of 13 who was an introvert. She was a shy and a person who just wanted to make people happy.
Me: “Because Violet's too nice to tell her how rude she is,” Darrel frowned. He half-expected Jasper to smile a little bit, as sometimes his wording made it sound like he had a crush on her, but his best friend said nothing. Only, “Well, then someone else should do it. Head over to my place, three o' clock. We can come up to a plan to end her reign of terror, if you'd like.”
Sitka: “You bet me 10 dollars I'll be there. Finally We'll be able to kick her out.” Replied Darrel Excitingly. “Oh what was that? Jasper are you inviting Darrel to your house?” Asked Willow suspiciously . Willow was 13 and half. She was good at math and a an athlete at sport. But she was really sneaky and clever at tricks and pranks.
Me: Darrel and Jasper went silent. “Uh…” Jasper thought for a moment, “Yeah? We're coming up with a plan to stop Brianna from bullying us, once and for all. If you're in, you're welcome to come as well.” Willow stopped for a moment, as if to think about it. During this silence, Darrel whispered to Jasper, “Why did you tell her?!” To which the response was, “Did you see her last April first? She probably knows quite a few ways to prank someone.”
Sitka: “I suppose.” Was the reply. “Willow Walt , can we trust you ?” Asked Jasper. “Count me in. I'd like to teach Miss Chatter Box a lesson.” Replied Willow with a sly smile. “All righty. Y'all come to my house at 3. Mum and dad will be gone to a party.” Informed Jasper excitedly but in a whisper
Me: Later at Jasper's house, they started to formulate a plan. “Darrel, you went to elementary school with her. You know what she'd fall for. Willow, you can come up with ideas. I'll figure out a way to put those elements together into the perfect prank, but we won't settle on anything we don't all agree on. Got it?” He proposed.
Sitka: “Okay.” The other 2 chorused. Willow soon got her brain thinking. After 5 minutes both of them had thought of what things to prank on Brianna. “What about the frog prank? I found it in a Malory Towers book.” Exclaimed Willow
Me:“What's the frog prank?” Asked Darrel, a little worried.

Personal word total: 336 words

Character

Name - Marissa
Age - 13
Species - Human
Pronouns - She/her

Personality/Traits
Marissa is a very anxious character without many friends. She is in 7th grade, and is always scared of what's to come. Besides worrying about the future, she also is greatly affected by the past. Almost every move she makes is based off of something that happened before, and whether or not she'd like that to happen again. However, this rarely works out in her favor. A few of her major flaws are that she is afraid of change, and that she almost never learns from her mistakes. She's also very empathetic, which is very rarely a good thing. Although she won't see only flaws in someone she hates or only good in people she is close with, she also doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings, no matter what. But even with being able to see both flaws and strengths in a person, she sees nothing but flaws in herself. She enjoys reading, drawing, and hanging out with friends, even if she doesn't have many. But hey, she'd rather have a few good friends than a bunch of acquaintances. She is basically your stereotypical nerd, smart but socially awkward and hates PE with a passion, which is both because of as well as the reason that she's terrible at it, and wears glasses. She also enjoys history and musical theatre.

Wants, Hopes, and Strengths
Marissa basically just wants friends. But I know I can't just put that, so…
Even though she can't see the strengths in herself, she has a few. She excels at most things that have to do with languages (ELA, Spanish, those kinds of things), and is, as already mentioned, smart. Although she is introverted, she has a list of insults ready and memorized for anyone that tries to mess with her or the people she's close with. One day, she hopes to be either an author or an ELA, music/drama, or art teacher. As someone who taught herself how to draw, she's really good at it, and the people around her constantly say so. Although Marissa doesn't have much confidence, she can build up enough in a short matter of time for a presentation if needed…if it isn't immediately brought down by a small flaw. She is an extreme perfectionist that always worries about what others think, but she doesn't really have to worry, because the ones that actually acknowledge her existence just think of her as the quiet, smart kid. Her friends call her “mouse” sometimes, because of her quiet, frantic ways and the fact that she's short.

Fears and Dislikes
Marissa's biggest fear is change, and the reason she's so afraid of it is because of her worries about the future. When things are going as they always go, she's got a pretty good idea of what the next day will be like. Just like the previous day, and the day before. That's how she likes things to be. What she doesn't like, however, is being in a situation that is outside of her comfort zone, such as a presentation or explaining something to people she barely knows. Which brings us to another fear. Strangers are a complete nightmare to Marissa. She always worries that she's giving a bad first impression, or isn't what the person thought she'd be, or being criticized on her every move.

(Character: 547 words!)

Setting

A city where no one lives. A ghost town. A whole lot of emptiness. A place of no name.
That is what remains of the city where this takes place. Almost nothing. Two hundred years before, the city had been hit with a blizzard that lasted for three weeks, and then flooded when the snow began to melt. These days, no one knows much about what the city was like before the blizzard and the flood, and the name is no exception. Some call it Ignotum, and others call it Tormenta, but those that don't want to be bothered with calling it by a name in another language call it the Tormented City. However, what is known about the Tormented City is that the surrounding areas are extremely dangerous. To the east lie treacherous mountains, over a mile tall and so dangerous that even the bravest adventurer would think twice before climbing them. To the west lies a lake, deep and said to be bottomless, where several people's remains have been discovered and are thought to have been drowned trying to swim to escape the city during the series of natural disasters. To the north lies a forest, filled with dangerous creatures that could kill you, if provided an easy shot to one of your weak points. (Limbs, neck, etc.) And if that already wasn't bad enough, the forest was said to be cursed. No one dares enter. To the south, there is a clear patch of grassy field, which seems like the only safe place in the entire area outside the city, but no one can even get there. This is because of the rapid-flowing river that separates it from the other areas, carrying the water from the lake to the ocean. The story takes place after a hurricane, and the river and lake are overflowing and flooding again. The tropical storm has destroyed many of the houses and other buildings, which turned out to reveal several secrets hidden underneath. Now it's getting a little crowded in the city, as several people are trying to find as many things as they can that are being uncovered. This started a bit of controversy. Some think the city should be preserved, and are protesting to protect what remained of the Tormented City. But some think that artifacts from the city should be taken to museums or kept by the people that found them. But what comes next? Will another disaster strike?

(It does look a bit like a premise, but anyway, it was 410 words)

Premise

Your main character just got back from a party, only to discover that something is off in their home. A few things have been moved, there are candy wrappers left on the table, and the coffee maker has clearly been used since they left.
Your character lives alone.
They go upstairs, hoping to find nothing unusual in their room, but instead they find a person. The mysterious person tells your character that they were sent to this home to deliver a warning. They tell your character that they were sent by your character's family, to say that said family is in grave danger. At first, your character laughs. As if those kinds of things even happen to ordinary people such as themselves. But the mysterious person insists that something must be done. Will your character go, and leave the comfort of their home to save their family? Or will they stay behind in doubt while horrible things befall their loved ones?

(Premise: 161 words)

BiAT

Character - Bryant Rally (@rainingthunders)
Setting - Akamaran (@IvyCreations)
Premise - Mirror premise (@Ham19-01-2011)

Bryant woke up. He had way too much to do. While there was plenty of free time on the other days of the week, there were no rests with his busy schedule. He checked his clock. 7:35. He had already missed the bus.
“Come on!” He shouted. He ran over to the mirror and ran a comb through his hair, before remembering something. The previous night, he had dreamed the mirror had talked to him. While he was thinking about this, a voice pulled him back to reality.
“Hello.”
Bryant looked around, but there was no one. Then he looked back to the mirror. “I'm still dreaming, aren't I?” he asked the reflection.
His reflection simply smiled and said, “No. But you should. Come, join me. You will finally be able to rest.”
Bryant shook his head. “I can't. I have such a busy day ahead and I really can't waste any time and…”
“We can trade places,” the reflection told him.
“Really?”
“Really. So, what do you say?”
Bryant had wanted a break so badly, he couldn't help but agree.
“Tap on the mirror three times, and it will switch our places, for one day,” Mirror-Bryant said.
Bryant didn't hesitate to do so. Hey, maybe it would bring him back to the real world, away from talking mirrors and weird dreams within dreams.
But it did nothing. He was starting to doubt for a second when he fell through into a void of black.

Standing up, he looked around. “Where am I?”
He could hear the voice of his Mirror-Self in his head. “You're in the city of Akamaran. This is the planet where we live.”
“Oh, yeah, ‘cause those exist,” Bryant laughed. But still, he couldn’t help but look around at the setting. It was a peaceful place, and probably one where he could finally catch a break.
Maybe he should just lay down and take a nap…

Once Mirror-Bryant finally sensed that Real-Bryant was asleep, he smiled. He was free, and ready to go through with his plans.
The rest of the world didn't know he wasn't the real Bryant, so he could do whatever he wanted, and they would never know.
And he had twenty-four entire hours.

(Story: 372 words. I couldn't make it through the entire thing because Wednesday :,) )

Total word count: 1,826

Unfinished

Last edited by SqueakyBird520 (March 17, 2022 00:02:30)

A squeaky door that also happens to be a bird

And a theatre kid-
criminal-intent
Scratcher
100+ posts

WEEKLY PT 2 - CHARACTER

Lily Strong
Appearance: Long (annoyingly straight and boring) black hair, green eyes, soft features, often wears green. She has tanned skin and freckles.

Personality and Traits: Lily can tend towards pessimism when it comes to herself and what she is capable of. However, she is very encouraging towards friends. She always thinks people are thinking about her more than they are. This leads her to be self-conscious. Despite this, when she is very invested in a cause or passionate about a certain topic, she doesn’t let what others think—or what she might think they think—stop her. This means Lily is extremely loyal, compassionate, fiery, but has often too-high expectations for herself. If she can’t make someone like or agree with her, she can become angry and upset at both them and herself. Lily can be judgmental of those who are very different from her, but if they take the time to explain their reasons, she will at least show respect towards those who disagree with her. In fact, she can become upset with herself if she is not at least outwardly accepting—thinking that she is giving into her anger too much instead of looking at the person. Even thinking about the person in a less-positive light will lead to Lily experiencing a lot of anger directed towards herself. Most of the time, though, Lily will be able to move past this after she gets to know the person and stops having these thoughts.

Wants, Hopes, and Strengths: Lily wants to be the best person she can be, but she sets too high expectations for herself, often leading to frustration. She wished she could have been a dancer, but believes that she can’t start now because she’ll never be as good as others who have been doing it for longer. Secretly though, she still harbors a dream of learning to dance. Though Lily sings well and loves it, she doesn’t parade this around very much, not wanting to seem full of herself or boastful. Lily wants to be just like her older brother, who is a famous singer. Or like her parents, who are a musician and a doctor. Mostly, though, she just wants to be happy—and happy with herself. Lily is good at thinking things through and examining every aspect of something before making a decision. She’s also very hospitable and has a talent for making people feel loved. In her spare time, she often bakes with her mom, who is also a very hospitable person. Often, her friends will come to her for advice. Lily is excellent at pushing things to their limits—even, and sometimes especially, herself. However, she is very understanding of others when they have struggles.

Dislikes and Fears: Lily will berate herself for being too fearful simply because she can be afraid of little things—and sometimes even big things. For instance, Lily is afraid of decisions. She doesn’t want to be older because all she can see ahead of her is decisions, but at the same time she wants to face them to become stronger. This leads to self-deprecation about cowardice. Lily sometimes worries that her brother will stop caring about her because of his glamorous life—she really isn’t anything compared to all that, she thinks. However, she also thinks that thinking that is stupid, making her angry at herself all over again.

(517 words total)

- Crim from Sci-fi <3

crim • she/her • Christian • mystery co! • artist and writer
• “i jump off into your arms, but i can’t trust the fall” •
Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

Weekly 2, Parts 2-4

Part 2: Character (508 words)

Name: Polar Bear
Species: polar bear

Personality and Traits (203 words): Polar Bear is very cool animal, however, they are also very lazy; they will not do anything if it does not benefit them, and even if it does benefit them, the incentive has to be really good or else they won't do anything. Polar Bear is really ignorant of the real world and will dismiss anything people tell them and thinks that they are the center of the world, thus, they also order people around and are very smart and bossy. Because Polar Bear is too smart and bossy, they sometimes have a hard time making friends and finding people to work with, which makes them really sad. Polar Bear, however, does not realize they are smart and bossy, so they never change and continue to be too smart and bossy to people. This also makes Polar Bear a very lonely creature as well (which may be because they eat everybody they meet). Polar Bear should not be confused with their other polar bear counterparts; it is highly stereotypical to believe that all polar bears act the same, and it is even more discriminatory to think that every polar bear looks the same because every polar bear is unique in their own way.

Wants, Hopes, and Strengths (205 words): Talking about wants first, Polar Bear's main want is to eat food; they will eat anything, even people who try to provide them food (they will eat the food first obviously, but then they will eat the people if they have not run away yet). Polar Bear also wants friends, but this is really hard because Polar Bear eats everybody they meet. Polar Bear hopes one day that the world will be fully covered in food so they can finally be happy. As you can probably tell, Polar Bear's main focus in life is getting food and nothing else. Polar Bear also hopes to find a source of food that is reliable; they hate having to roam around searching for food, they would rather sleep and have food as soon as they wake up. One of Polar Bear's strengths is that they can eat anything; this makes Polar Bear a very good solution to plastic pollution because they also eat plastic. Another one of Polar Bear's strengths is that they can sleep through anything; nothing will wake Polar Bear up unless they want to wake up. Lastly, Polar Bear is immortal and can not die in any way because they are too cool for you.

Dislikes and Fears (100 words): Polar Bear dislikes anybody who tries to stop their goal, and since their goal is to eat as much food as possible and sleep, anybody who disturbs this will be eaten by Polar Bear. Polar Bear also dislikes people who try to attack them, since polar bears are not meant to be attacked. Polar Bear has only one fear in this world, which is not having enough food to eat; Polar Bear is immortal, thus, they can survive without food and can live forever, but they still like eating food and are scared if there will be any food left.

Part 3: Setting (402 words)

The weird man who lives in the house on the hill has a garden right behind his house. Nobody knows much about the man, let alone anything about the things on his property. It has been rumored that anybody who goes into his garden never comes out… at least, they don't come out alive.

His house is always dark; he never turns the lights on in the house, if there are any lights. Besides, the house does not even have a door, so there is no way to check. His windows are all boarded shut, so the only place you can visit is the garden behind the house. According to the rumors, the garden is a hedge maze, filled with a lot of… interesting contraptions. Nobody knows for sure what is inside the labyrinth, but there are theories of what is inside. From what I have heard, people always mention how the commodities in the hedge maze are… alive. They tell me that they hear strange noises coming from behind the house; some tell me there's a strange metal whirring, like the blades of a chainsaw, while others tell me they can hear whispers, like children telling a secret. The more far-fetched stories have mentioned the sound of devilish screams as if they were coming from the underworld, or the dissonant melodies of chimes shaking in the wind, ringing like false memories.

Nobody can really tell me what they have seen in the garden, however. Nobody really knows what is in there. In the center of the maze, the townspeople have multiple rumors of what is at the center. The most common one I have heard is that there is a dead body at the center. Some people even tell me that it's the man's wife or husband, or maybe even his dead child. They told me that the weird man built the garden just for the dead body as a way to commemorate them. It's like his entire property is a memorial to what he has lost.

I have learned not to ask about the garden because the stories get weirder and weirder the more I hear about it. If I want to know more about the garden, I would have to go visit and see for myself. They say that nobody comes out of the garden alive, but just like everything I've described, it's all hearsay. Or so I think.

Part 4: Premise (154 words)

The main character has lost somebody close to them, and now they are on a mission they find where they are, or what happened to them. They have tried to contact them using many different means, but all of their attempts have proven unsuccessful, and they are not satisfied with coming up short. Now the only way to come close to the truth is to go on a journey to search for them. First, however, they need to escape the place they are at currently, due to some obstacles that have impeded their progress. Once they have escaped that place, they meet other characters that are willing to cooperate and search for the main character's missing person. As they continue on their journey, they find more clues and piece together the puzzle of what happened to the missing person, and by the end, the main character makes a shocking discovery about the missing person.

Wishingdeer
Scratcher
100+ posts

Weekly Number Two

Part One
My word count is 311, @–galaxi–‘s is 426 (we wrote more, but I’m too lazy to add it-)

–galaxi–
Running from the authorities was always a good way to start off a morning, wasn't it?

Wishingdeer
The heroine of this story seemed to think so. Well, perhaps it wasn't a good way to start off a morning, but it was how she found herself starting hers.

–galaxi–
She skidded around a corner, grabbing a streetlamp's pole to keep herself from crashing into a brick wall. The force of her turn sent a few trash cans flying, making a stray cat yowl and the heroine wince. But there was no time to think further.

Wishingdeer
She kept running, all thoughts of the trash cans and cat soon leaving her mind. She reached a traffic filled street and started to skid to a stop. Seriously? She didn't have time for this!

–galaxi–
If they caught her… she shook her head violently, trying to not let herself get distracted. Run! That was all her mind told her, and her feet gladly complied. She pushed through the crowd, ignoring the confused glances and angry shouts directed at her.

Wishingdeer
She ducked around a bicycle that swerved, just missing her. She looked ahead as she ran, trying to find somewhere where she might be able to lose them.

–galaxi–
“Hey, girl! Stop running!” The deep voice sent chills down her back. Run faster, her mind screamed. Run, now!

Wishingdeer
Her legs screamed right back, and she didn't know how much longer she could keep doing this. But she had to. She had to get away. If she didn't-

–galaxi–
The bag strapped to the heroine's waist snapped off and tumbled to the wet pavement. Before she could even blink, the heroine had already dropped to the ground, reaching for the bag with trembling hands. She couldn't go on like this.

Wishingdeer
She just managed to grab the bag and held it close. At this point, she didn't have much of a choice but to stop and catch her breath. But at the same time, she couldn't afford to do so. Every second she was stopped was a second they gained on her.

–galaxi–
“Psst. You! With the bag! Look over here!” The heroine turned at the sound of the voice behind her. Who-

Wishingdeer
There was a boy around her age standing a few feet away, beckoning her to come over. She hesitated, having long learned that trust was not something to be given carelessly.

–galaxi–
“Girl! Let go of that bag this instant!” The deep voice of the authorities was louder now, closer. There was no other option. With a hurried glance to make sure no one was there, she rushed over to the boy. Don't trust him, she told herself. This is just your only option.

Wishingdeer
The boy stepped aside, revealing a mostly obscured doorway. “Quick, get in there!” He told her. She scrambled to do so, hoping she wasn’t running from one threat in to another.

–galaxi–
As the entrance shut behind the boy, darkness descended upon the heroine. She looked around, hoping to catch a glimpse of the space they were in, but the blackness was heavy and suffocating - revealing nothing about her whereabouts.

Wishingdeer
She took a deep breath, feeling closed in. She wouldn’t necessarily consider herself claustrophobic, but she’d never been found of small spaces. “Where are we? Why are you helping me?”

–galaxi–
There was the sound of a lighter's wheel being flipped, and a flame erupted in front of her. Once her eyes adjusted to the sudden burst of light, she found herself standing directly in front of the boy, whose hands were lighting an old-fashioned oil lamp. Their gazes met, and the heroine was surprised at the weight in his dark eyes. “You're in a place where they,” he gestured to where the outside world must have been, “can't find you. You're welcome.”

Wishingdeer
“I- thank you,” the heroine said. She looked around, trying to get a sense of what kind of place they might be in. Her eyes landed back on the boy. “Who are you?”

–galaxi–
“Someone you can trust.” The heroine was taken aback. How could he simply make such a claim? “How can you say such a thing? I don't even know your name!”

Wishingdeer
“Names aren’t important, actions are,” the boy replied. “I’m helping you, aren’t I?”

–galaxi–
“Yes, but-” The heroine clutched the bag tighter in her hand. Forget this, she had to deliver the contents as soon as possible. “If you want to help, fine. How do we get out of this… place?”

Part Two

Name: Rosii (pronounced “Rosie”) Sharp
Species: human
Personality and Traits: Rosii is a very curious girl and always wants to find out as much as she can about any given thing, except for those few things which she considers too trivial to bother with. Sometimes this can work in her favor, allowing her to find out things she would not otherwise. But sometimes it gets her in to a bit of a mess, as she is prone to sticking her nose into things that don’t involve her. She is very headstrong, which often lands her into arguments. When this happens, she’ll do everything she can to prove that she is right, and even if she fails, she will continue to stubbornly defend her point, if proven wrong. She is very independent and considers help unnecessarily. She is also a bit of a loner, but will begrudgingly talk to people if necessary. Sometimes she gets so satisfied at being right, that she can come across as cocky and arrogant, which often pushes people away. She sometimes has a hard time understanding people, often ending up confused in social situations. She dislikes confusion, and this is part of what causes her to keep to herself for a good portion of the time.
Wants, Hopes and Strengths: All her life, Rosii has wanted to solve some kind of huge mystery or crime. And she would be well suited to it, because she has exceptional observation skills and is able to pick up on even the smallest of details. She also has a rather strong memory, allowing her to retain the details she has noticed. To her, making carful observations is second nature, and she often finds things obvious that most people wouldn’t even notice. She also has an analytical mind and can quickly piece tiny bits of information into a larger whole. She would never admit it, but a small part of Rosii wishes that she could understand people a little better, and perhaps even belong with them, as she has felt like a bit of an outsider her who,e life. And she would definitely not be willing to admit just how much she would give for a real friend, or really any close and understanding relationship. She just wants someone who would be there. Someone who would trust her, but not hold her to the incredibly high standards she has set for herself. Someone who, if it came down to it, she wouldn’t be afraid to cry in front of.
Dislikes and Fears: Generally, Rosii dislikes people as a whole. Or, more specifically, she dislikes interacting with them. And she’s afraid of letting anyone get to close to her, in case she gives them her trust and they turn their back on her. And she hates showing any overly strong emotion, even if she’s the only person present, because she’s (wrongly) afraid it makes her weak. These things have caused her to spend a lot of time by herself, which in turn has caused her to be afraid that she’ll be alone forever and never truly be understood. She also dislikes being confused, as it’s such a rare feeling for her, and will go out of her way to avoid situations that might cause her confusion. She’s set impossibly high standards for herself, and she’s afraid that she’ll never meet them.

Part Three
The story will take place in a small medieval town called, rather ironically, Oddity. I say this is ironic, because nothing particular stands out as odd in this town. Shops line the cobbled streets, each with large signs placed out front, demanding the attention of anyone who happens to pass by. There’s a variety of scents floating around these streets, be it freshly cut flowers, cooling bread, or hot, smelting metal. A variety of sounds can be heard as well; folks stop to small talk while others yell rudely at them to get out of the way; horse hooves can be heard pounding at the cobblestone, their owners occasionally letting out a whiny. All in all, it’s a pleasant kind of chaotic.
If you go on, the cobblestone paths turn to gravel, and lining these streets are many closely packed houses. Despite their closeness, they don’t appear crowded, rather like happy friends. Each house has its own style, making it easy to guess who lives there.
If you were to follow the paths even further, they would soon turn to dirt. It’s out here, away from the bustle of the center of town, that the farms can be located.
The weather is rather pleasant in Oddity. If I dare, I’ll steal a line from Goldilocks and say that it was not to hot, nor was it to cold. Rather, it was just right.
As stated earlier, nothing about Oddity seemed particularly odd, except of course the irony of its name. However, the town was very different at night; the streets are quiet and all the bustling of the day simply fails to exist. This, too, is far from odd, but it is a clue to the town’s true oddity, the thing all the townsfolk either guard closely, or are completely oblivious to.
This is the one place in the kingdom where non-humans are, at least to an extent, free to live among humans. In any of the ever so normal seeming houses, a vampire, or perhaps a werewolf, or maybe something else, might live. Or, of course, it could simply be the home of a normal human.
But Oddity really isn’t that weird of a town, except for this one extremely odd thing. All in all, it’s a pretty average medieval town.
Oh, but one more thing: the story takes place during the oddest of Oddity’s not-so-odd times; the annual congregation of non-humans. Most people are clueless to it, but suspicion always seems to spike during this week.
But, of course, Oddity isn’t that odd at all.

Part Four
Your character is typing at a keyboard frantically. Sweat drops down their face as they stare at the screen, scrutinizing the lines of code. They are under a lot of pressure to both get this right, and to do it quickly. The very fate of the planet depends on it. Why is that? Well, a space shuttle has gone haywire, or perhaps been high jacked. That does not matter, what matters is the fact that the shuttle is now on a straight course towards their home, and your character is the only one who can stop it. If they do not stop it, then their home is about to be blown to bits, along with everyone and everything on it.
And then the computer breaks.
Now it is up to your character to figure out how to save their home without their computer or a way to fix it. Can they do it?

Part Five
Fair warning, this isn’t my best writing; I got so sick and rush through this on the last day. So yeah. I used @scatch_warrior_cat’s premise, @dolphin_spring_water’s setting and @Bellevue91’s character. Word count is 1,012

I wake to the sound of people frantically talking. I do my best to ignore them but it is, of course, impossible. Who in their right mind, I wonder, would see fit to cause such a ruckus at this time of day? The sun hasn’t even risen yet! Granted, we need to get up early to pack up anyway, but this is ridiculous.
I get up and slowly poke my head out the door, really not looking forward to facing all the people.
People of all ages are standing around, all talking at once. It’s clear something is wrong.
“Delaria! Dalaria!” Kim comes running up, his black curls bouncing. “Someone stole the talisman!”
“The what?”
“You know, the talisman that keeps the water flowing from the mountains. If it’s lost, the streams will dry up. We’re not going to have any water.”
Well now. This is worse than even I expected. Though really, I should have guessed something like this would happen.
I sigh. “Joy. Doomsday comes at last.”
Kim shakes his head. “Don’t be like that. The leaders are going to make an announcement, come on!” And with that, he’s gone, though I can still see his curls making their way through the crowd. I guess I don’t have much choice but to follow.
I finally catch up with Kim. We are, naturally, in the mist of the crowd. I really don’t like this. Kim shoots me a look, and maybe I’m supposed to offer assurance, but I have none. If the talisman is gone, the water will be gone, and we’re done. That’s just all there is to it.
It’s a tense few minutes as we wait for the leaders to come make whatever announcement they had to make. Everyone keeps talking, all at once, and it’s all I can do not to tell them to be quiet. At the very least, I wish they’d give me some space.
Finally, the leaders, all three of them, come out of a building we long should have packed up. Silencer, at last, falls over the community.
The leader in the middle clears his throat. “As many of you know, the talisman that controls the flow of water to the Ala Dessert has gone missing.”
Outraged shouts again break out through the crowd. Why can’t they just be quiet?
The leader clears his throat again, demanding silence. Once the cries quiet down again, he continues. “Without it in our possession, the flow of water could dry up at any point. Our whole livelihoods will be changed.”
“Or worse,” the leader to his right adds grimly.
“And so,” the leader on the left continues. “We’ve decided a team must be put together to find out what has happened to the talisman, and, hopefully, locate it.”
“Delara Sinclair, please step up,” The leader in the middle finished.
What, why? I didn’t do anything. I glance at Kim and he gives me a look that I guess is meant to be assuring, but could also mean that he knows what’s going on and is glad I’ll be gone. Hard to tell. I don’t move.
“Delara Sinclair, please step up,” the leader repeated.
I give in and walk up to join them. “What do you want with me?”
“We’ve chosen you to lead and select the team to find the talisman.”
“You- what?” I stare at them. Surely this was some kind of trick.
“You heard me. Now go select your team. And choose wisely.”
It was pretty clear I’d already been dismissed, and I hurry to get away from the crowd. This feels like a near impossible mission. We’re all doomed, surely. But, in the off chance I succeed, this could be my chance to finally make a difference…
Kim caught up with me. “Woah, this is crazy. Crazy awesome! You’re going to be our hero, Delara. Just wait until you find the talisman, and-“
I hold up a hand to stop him. “Hold it. I’m probably not going to find the talisman. We’re all doomed. That’s just the way the world works.”
Kim’s smile falters slightly, his version of a frown. “But you’ll try, won’t you?”
I sigh. “Yes, I’ll try.”
His smile returned. “Great! Who’s going to be your team?”
Ugh. I’m not looking forward to having a team of people that I have to work with. What I’d prefer would be to work with a team of animals, but I’ve never been able to get a pet. Too hard to keep one with how often we need to move. Speaking of, we /really/ need to pack up, or the talisman is going to be the least of our worries. This area isn’t going to be clear for much long, with how the water and wind constantly changes the landscape.
But whatever. Back to a team, there’s one person I can tolerate slightly more than the rest.
I look at Kim. “Well? You gonna help me find the talisman?”
We do some investigating while the rest of the community packs up, ready to find a new place to stay for tonight, though it’s still morning.
Soon, we’re heading out, and of course we still haven’t found the talisman. We have, however, figured out that our rival group probably stole it, wanting the power for themselves. They probably think they can use the talisman to force the water to stay in one, nonchanging, river, but that’s just not how it works.
We tell the leaders, and they tell us we’re going to have to go retrieve the talisman. Kim and I, of all people, are expected to go find the object that’s crucial to our community’s survival. Because that’s totally going to work out well.
I’m already packed, ready to go. I’m just waiting in Kim. I know we’re probably going to fail, but at least I’ll mostly be away from society for awhile. That, I guess, could be seen as the plus in this mess.
Kim comes up, looking way too excited about all this. “You ready?”
I just nod. And off we go.

Hi there! I’m Ash, aka Wish. She/Her.
My door is always open, so if you ever want to chat or rp, feel free to come visit!
Some things I enjoy: Reading, writing, Kotlc, bowling, birding, and did I mention Kotlc? Okay, yeah, I’m obsessed xD
If you respond to one of my forum posts and I don't see it, feel free to let me know on my profile
☮️ Peace Out ☮️
~Wishingdeer