Discuss Scratch

seventene
Scratcher
45 posts

Scratch Writing Camp Writing Sharing Thread (March 2022)

today’s daily! (it won’t let me get the comment link haha)

helloo! (this is probably my 5th time introducing myself haha). i’m kenna, my pronouns are they/she/he, and my timezone is est! i find all subjects at school very fascinating, especially the arts (in general). i play the piano and the guitar, i sing, and i love listening to music. i draw digitally and traditionally, and i enjoy painting with oil pastels, acrylic paint, and watercolor. i’m a second degree taekwondo blackbelt, and i’m on the tennis, softball, and cross country team at school! (…) (…) i play chess competitively as well. i also speak both chinese and english! you might remember me from my old account, @_um_. dystopian ftw!!

(・⊝・)
cheeseloverwv
Scratcher
100+ posts

3/1/22 - SWC daily #1 and introduction
I’m Stingray/Stingroy/Stringray/Stingrew, just call me Stingray. This is my second time in SWC and I’m in Thriller like all the cool people are /j. Outside of Scratch, I love playing the violin, reading, writing (obviously), geocaching, art, and mountain biking. I also made the Sci-Fi thumbnail, which turned out kinda weird since I’m not actually /in/ Sci-Fi. I really like Star Wars, the MCU, and Gravity Falls. I’m working my way through TOH as well. Looking forward to camp this session!
Word count: 84
New total: 893

Stingray

❝You may be right // I may be crazy // but it just might be a lunatic you're looking for.❞
-Billy Joel
KitVMH
Scratcher
73 posts

March 1 daily
1003 words
Hello there! I’m Kit, and my pronouns are she/her. I am a twelve year old muggle mortal human girl who is not a part of any secret organizations whatsoever. I am, however, part of the Write A 1000 Word Introduction gang. In other words, this is going to be a long introduction. My time zone is CST (Chaos Shall Triumph), unless it’s daylight savings time, in which case it’s CDT (Chaos Did Triumph). My personality type is IDK, the “I’m Not Sure If I Ever Took The Meyers-Briggs Test And If I Did I Forgot What My Result Was”-er.
This is my second time doing SWC, the first time being as an Adventure camper in November 2021, lead by Pika (@-Pika-Cat-), Pandora (@snowyforest-), and Vivi (@Good-Vibxs). That session was even more amazing than I’d hoped, so I signed up again for March. This time I’m in Fanfiction, also known as Fan-Fi, also known as the best cabin.
Despite that, my favorite genre to read and write in is Fantasy. In fact, I’m not sure what I’ve written that isn’t fantasy. When I was ten, I wrote a story inspired by a conversation with my toddler sister about a dragon who made a snake out of clay, a snake that a wizard then brought to life for her. And then the main story I’m writing (or rather, procrastinating on), The Magic Book, involves an… um… magic book. And then there’s this story about a ghost with weird taste in sandwiches… Uh, yeah, I write fantasy.
I actually haven’t written any fanfic. Well, no. That’s not true. I wrote lots of weird fanfics when I was a toddler, and more recently, I’ve tried to write fanfiction three times. The first was an impressively cringe Ellington Feint x Kit Snicket ship fanfic that I soon abandoned due to how terrible it was. The second was a collaborative Harry Potter one that I wrote with an online friend. And the third was intentionally absurd and based on my little sister’s She-Ra dream. Oh no, I lied again, I’ve written four fanfics, not three. The fourth is a really weird Coraline fanfiction of my own dream for a daily last session. That was a weird dream.
As I’m sure you can tell, I have a lot of fandoms. Like, a lot. Some others include Welcome To Night Vale (how have more SWCers not listened to it?) and Encanto (lots of us love Encanto). And then there’s all my favorite books… There’s way too many to get into, but my favorite-favorites are The Jumbies by Tracey Baptiste and Theodosia and the Serpents of Chaos by R. L. LaFevers. My favorite authors are Lemony Snicket and Anne Ursu. Seriously, Anne Ursu is SO GOOD, a lot of her books are like, basically perfect, plus her latest book (The Troubled Girls of Dragomir Academy) has a goat. Okay, okay, this is supposed to be an introduction to me, not a list of book recommendations or me fangirling over Anne Ursu’s work. But then, recommending books and obsessing over books are things I like, so it’s still on-topic, right?
Yeah, I, um, like books. If I’m not on a computer, I’m usually reading. Or playing Encanto with my sisters. (Our games of Encanto are weird. Really weird. There’s ones where Antonio is flying a vehicle, ones where my sisters’ Calico Critters pandas attack them… I could go on.) Right, my sisters. I have two little sisters, one of whom is in SWC this session too, only I’ll let her introduce herself. The other sister is four years old and so is obviously too little for Scratch.
Better than my sisters, though (okay, fine, I don’t mean that… or do I?) are my cats. Cats are my favorite animal, and all three of mine are my favorite cat. Look, I’m bad at picking just one favorite. Ask me my favorite book, favorite She-Ra character, favorite author, or favorite show, and I give two that I can’t choose between.
When not obsessing over my many fandoms, I enjoy obsessing over random topics, such as cryptids, human evolution, and most recently the wives of Henry VIII, whom I got interested in through Six the Musical and then read a whole, several hundred page adult nonfiction book about. The book was creatively titled The Wives of Henry VIII.
Oh, I also like using Scratch. I mean, obviously I like using Scratch, otherwise I wouldn’t be here. But while SWC admittedly makes up most of my Scratch social life, I also like coding, and making art with the Scratch Vector Editor. Honestly, I’ve pretty much only been posting art projects lately… I have some other stuff in progress, though. Stuff that I’m keeping secret. And also procrastinating on. That’s another thing about me: I tend to procrastinate a lot.
Yes, I guess this is more of an About Me than an introduction. But it is an introduction, just a really long one. A 1000+ words long one.
I forgot to mention, I’m a Hufflepuff. But it’s not like I actually go to Hogwarts or anything. I don’t. Because I’m definitely not a witch. Witches aren’t real, and neither is Hogwarts. That’s definitely 100% made up. I’m totally not lying about that. Also I’m homeschooled, so I to school, and Hogwarts is a school. I mean, a fictional school. Not a real one. Not real at all. Because magic isn’t real. And I’m not just saying that to keep the existence of wizards secret like I’m supposed to. That’s definitely, absolutely, completely, entirely, undoubtedly, totally true. Totally.
This introduction is dissolving into chaos, but then, many things in SWC do. Still, it’s probably wise to end this soon, before it becomes completely unreadable.
So, to recap this very long introduction (because honestly, anyone who’s somehow read this whole thing probably needs a recap by now), I’m Kit, a chaotic bibliophile, Fan-Fi camper and fandom fanatic with too many favorites who is definitely just a normal human.

Last edited by KitVMH (March 1, 2022 21:22:45)

Kit - she/her
queer & autistic
writer, artist, fangirl, SWCer
cheeseloverwv
Scratcher
100+ posts

3/1/22 - Teddy Roosevelt research/notes:
Came into office after McKinley’s assasination
Youngest president in nation’s history (43 years old, but not actually elected to office)
Very anti-trust
Fought in the Spanish-American war
“Speak softly and carry a big stick”
Won the Nobel Peace Prize for mediating the Russo-Japanese War
Ensured the construction of the Panama Canal
Conservationist (big on National Parks)
Kinda nationalist (yay America!)
He thought that American ideals/values would have a good effect if introduced to the rest of the world
Enemies:
Andrew Carnegie
J.P. Morgan
John D. Rockefeller
(these were all corporate people)
William Taft (they disagreed over anti-trust policy even though they were once friends)
Disliked Wilson’s early neutrality in World War 1
Had a glorified view of war; wanted to demonstrate America’s power to other countries

Speaker notes for presentation:
Teddy Roosevelt was the nation’s 26th President. He came into office after McKinley’s assasination and is the youngest President in the nation’s history. He served two terms, from 1901 to 1909. He grew up in a wealthy family, but liked to talk about the “hard life” because he struggled with illness as a child.
Roosevelt is well-known for his conservation efforts. During his term, he strengthened the National Park System. He was very anti-trust, but only toward the “bad trusts,” the ones which he believed were a threat to American democracy. He believed that big corporations had too much power over the government, and in a sense, he was right. President Roosevelt was also known for his foreign policy. He liked to “speak softly and carry a big stick.” South America and Latin America were big concerns of his term; he ensured the construction of the Panama Canal and made sure that the United States was the only country that could economically intervene in Latin American countries. He was a very aggressive negotiator when it came to foreign policy.
Teddy Roosevelt made a lot of enemies with his anti-trust views, including famous businessmen Andrew Carnegie, J.P. Morgan, and John D. Rockefeller. Roosevelt also was enemies with William Howard Taft: The two once-friends had a disagreement over anti-trust issues.
Theodore Roosevelt disliked President Wilson’s early neutrality in World War 1; he thought it was inaction and that the U.S. should be prepared for war. Roosevelt had a very glorified view of war from his days as a Rough Rider in the Spanish-American war. Roosevelt was a bit of a nationalist and believed the best about America, even as he lost influence after his presidency.
Word count: 417
New total: 809

Stingray

❝You may be right // I may be crazy // but it just might be a lunatic you're looking for.❞
-Billy Joel
Luna-Lovegood-LOL
Scratcher
1000+ posts

main cabin daily ⍋ 03.01.22
word count: 1842

Why hello there! I’m Luna-Lovegood-LOL, leader of Fanfiction and many cults. I was given the challenge by Finch (@zparkly) to write 1k words for my “introducing myself” daily, so here we are! You can expect unreasonably detailed explanations of various aspects in my life and many run-on sentences here- forgive me for the fluctuating personality and terrible organization of this piece

My name is Luna. I use she/her pronouns, although I’ve entertained she/xe and she/they every once in a while.
I live in the EST/EDT time zone, and I’m a very, very big musical theater geek. I’m a child of chaos with an age range of 12-17 and a variety of hobbies, none of which she has mastered yet. I’m a Islamic biromantic (questioning omniromantic), Libra, ENTP-T, and Neutral Good. I live as an only child who both understands the pain of having siblings through her cousins, never wants a sibling in her life, yet also desperately wants one all the same. I use way too many emoticons and exclamation points on Scratch, so I promise you, I am never this formal as you will witness in this rant.

One of the largest, most defining factors of my identity is my love for fandoms. My fandom fanatic-ness started in 4th grade, when I was pulled into a massive hyperobsession of Harry Potter, courtesy of my best friend Sushi (@melovesushi). I ended up making one of my friends despise Harry Potter due to how much I talked about it, and it took me a solid 3 years to get her to say otherwise. To this day, I can still recite the most random facts from the series :) Since 4th grade, though, I’ve dragged myself into many more fandoms. To name as many as I can think of for as many words as possible, we’ve got Star Wars, Keeper of the Lost Cities, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Voltron: Legendary Defender, Riordanverse, She-Ra, The Owl House, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Sherlock, Medieval Cop, A Series of Unfortunate Events, Stranger Things, 39 Clues, Wings of Fire, Mission Impossible, Fast & Furious, Pirates of the Caribbean, Now You See Me, James Bond, D&D (if that counts lol), and more I know I’m forgetting. As I stated before, I’m also a very avid musical theater lover, and have invested myself in the fandoms of Hamilton, Hadestown, Dear Evan Hansen, Six, In the Heights, The Lightning Thief, Mean Girls, and Heathers! I’ve done everything from learning the theme songs on the piano, staying up till 3AM on A03, making a 286 meme slideshow with my friends for a fandom and accidentally drawing attention from others while doing unholy screeching over said fandom. Currently, I’m dying considerably over The Book of Boba Fett and the masterpiece that is Arcane. If you’d like to freak out over those with someone, I’d be more than happy to do so with you :)

Along with this, fandoms are what first brought me to the LGBTQ+ community! Being exposed to queer ships such for the first time, courtesy of Klance from Voltron, is a wonderous feeling that I will never forget. They also dragged me into the whole universe of gay ships- Catradora, Lumity, Solangelo, Finnpoe, Vicait- that’s not even close to half the list. Fandoms control my entire identity, right there alongside arson.

As implied by my profound love for SWC, writing has been an enormous part of my life since the start of the pandemic! I dived headfirst into the world of authors shortly after Sushi and I started our book series, United in April 2020. This book, while currently at an impasse, has been a key influence in my life- it’s changed the majority of how I view the world in a way that is honestly quite inexplicable. There’s something about the experience of writing, crafting and delving into the deepest depths of a character, weaving together plotlines and constructing vivid imagery of faraway worlds that changes the way you look and question the places and events and people in your day-to-day life. Writing is both a process and an art- the flow of rich and descriptive words is a majesty and an absolute sight to behold.

I personally love jumping from story to story, which means I have many, many unfinished novels and short stories. I’d probably be a billionaire if I had a dollar for every story I didn’t finish! However, there are a few tales that are either a work in progress or abandoned that held a special place in my heart. There’s United, an elemental story that’s a work in progress, The Celestial Arcane, a mostly-abandoned-for-now fantasy tale about being transported into a spiritual dimension, Fractured, a sci-fi novel, and Infernal God, a Medieval Cop fanfiction that I’m working on with Sushi as well. Despite this, I’ve actually finished works that I’m quite proud of as well- such as Carpe Noctem, a 4k word short story about a soldier gone rogue, and Sorcerex Oath, a fantasy/dystopian writing competition entry that won an honorable mention! As of right now, I’m currently working on a sci-fi/dystopian novel called Z-Axis, based on components from Fractured and TCA that I plan to share on Scratch! I’ve had a lot of fun ranting about Z-Axis and pulling crossovers with my good friends Fenn and Starla :)

Over my lifespan, I’ve engaged in several other hobbies and interests as well. I’ve been playing violin for five years, and am currently in my orchestra’s chamber class! We’re an arson cult :> I also took piano lessons from 2nd to 5th grade, and am now a self-taught pianist. I’ve learned parts of a couple NEFFEX songs, Arcane music, and of course the marvelous Little Miss Perfect. When I’m not playing music, I’m almost always listening to it- NEFFEX, Imagine Dragons, any fandom/movie soundtrack- you name it. My current favorite songs are Enemy from Arcane and Found/Tonight by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Ben Platt, which both live rent-free in my head 24/7. In the rest of my free time, I will occasionally try to make some decent art on ibisPaintX (which I’ve only succeeded in once) or make rainbow loom bracelets with my very, very extensive set! I’m almost never not wearing multiple bracelets. At my school, I enjoy spending my time at after school clubs D&D, Tiny Hats for Tiny Babies, where we crochet and knit hats for premature babies at hospitals, and Building Inclusive Communities, our version of GSA! I’ve also been meaning to get into psychology as well :)

Albiet my join date on my profile, I didn’t really start getting on Scratch until December 2020. I’ve learned how to do so many different things here, such as roleplaying, blockshading, and more! The best part of Scratch, apart from SWC, is all the friends I’ve made here. I had a few friends to start with, such as Sushi, Leeny, and @Minecraft_geekXD- people I’ve been lucky enough to have in my real life for years. And through my passions and insanity, I’ve met so many more amazing people. Through a common love for fandoms, I befriended R2, Fire, Soki, Sara, Aqua, and Stingray, and through SWC I met Fenn, Starla, Hop, Elfie, Ren, Dhriti and Sai. All three of these categories interlap in all sorts of places, and I’ve settled into a place in the community that makes me extraordinarily jubilant. There’s a certain happiness to jumping on your computer and talking with friends for hours at a time, grinning as you type a witty or hysterical reply to their amusing comments. The words to express my gratitude for the existence of these humans and aliens are simply non-existent. My gratitude for these friendships exceeds beyond my comprehension of words as an author.

Now, I can’t have a SWC introduction without talking about SWC! That’s simply atrocious. I’m pretty sure that SWC dominates about 99% of my time on Scratch- apart from the other 1901% I spend freaking out over Z Power Coded, of course. I first learned of SWC in March 2021, about halfway through the session haha- I was beyond confused as to what it was at first, but with the assistance of some very helpful campers I learned about what an enjoyable writing experience the community was. I ended up joining the following session in July 2021- perhaps one of the greatest decisions I’ve ever made! I spent my session in the Sci-Fi Spaceship, where I got to dump dihydrogen monoxide on people. It was quite fun :> The second session, I’d been planning to participate as a camper and try out for a shot as co on my third, but 3 days before the deadline I decided to screw good time management and whip up a co-leader app! I was miraculously accepted to co-lead Thriller alongside Soki and Sai, two brilliant friends and writers who I had the pleasure of blackmailing in November /j SWC has helped me grow so much as a person, as a writer, artist, and a friend. This session, I’m leading Fanfiction, the first genre I ever wrote in. I’m over the moon to be doing so- SWC is such a remarkable place that I’m honored to be contributing towards :)

To wrap things up, I figured there’d be no better way than doing so by inducing a ramble about the 20 different cults I’m a part of! Cults are the best B) To begin, we have the Leave Thumb Behind Chamber Orchestra Arson Cult, which as the name suggests, is the arson cult my chamber class has formed. A sub-division to this is The Sparkly Arsonists, aka the second violinists. My classmates have created several other cults, such as The Tax Evasion Cult (my geometry class), The Bread Revolution (my civics friends), The Idiot Squad (my science friends), The Ice Scraper Communists (my table group in civics xD), and The Death Cult (which contains too many members to even begin listing). My friends and I have also created several out-of-school cults, such a the Rat Pogtatoe Bean Syndicate, Don’t Eat Your Friends: The Government Revolution, The Hips Cult (my hip-hop class lol), The Arsonistic Arson-Loving Arsonist Cult, and The Crispy Poles of The Holy Aquarium. However, the most of my cults come from Scratch, surprisingly- there’s the GranYoda Bar Cult (consisting of Aqua, Sushi, Soki, Stingray, and Sara), the Finger Guns Clan, The Blackmail Trio (Soki + Sai), and the Chaos Cult (name pending, consisting of Fenn, Starla, Hop, and Elfie). Alongside these are the two most recent and my personal favorites, The Retractable Spear Cult (Fenn, Starla, Hop, and Kora), and The Burning Elmo Trio (Fenn + Starla). Cults are the most important thing a person can own, apart from mangoes and guitars.

I appreciate you listening to me rant unnecessarily long about myself and my cults for this long! Hopefully I’ve included some new information about myself for once instead of repeating the same things over and over. I bid you all good luck, and may the best cabin (Fanfiction) win! :)

A/N: no way to kick of swc like writing 1.8k words about you and cults! B) also linking all of those profiles was absolute pain sob :'D

Last edited by Luna-Lovegood-LOL (March 1, 2022 21:23:12)

☾ luna (she/her) ┆ entp-t ┆ writer ┆ violinist
★ fantasy swc for the win!

take up arms, take my hand, let us waltz for the dead
AbbieB1266
Scratcher
43 posts

~~ Abbie's writing! ~~
close enough

*claims* Jia! This is my many proofs for SWC March 2022! POETRY IS GOING TO WIN!!!

About Me
I am Abbie. Please try to spell my name with an ie. I would greatly appreciate it. So anyway, I am a 6th grade girl with she/her pronouns. I love reading, writing, chaos, randomness, friendship, drawing, art, painting, the ocean, nature, and people making me laugh. I also enjoy spamming with permission form people. I am told I have great vocab, messy table manners, and terrible spelling. I enjoy coding Spike Primes, the newest LEGO education hub, for my FLL (FIRST LEGO League) robotics team. I use scratch for pleasure and am learning python. I have a dog and love her a lot. She is kinda crazy as well. I also have two brothers. They are more animal than my dog is. My family goes camping a LOT. I am VERY competitive. When the time comes, I am rather cold, calculating, and sneaky. So nerf gun wards at 10 pm at my friends house. I have super bad balance but can walk without questionably better at night. I am writing 3 stories at once and am done with this thing!

<Main Dailies>
Main Daily for March 2nd:

Clunk! Someone slammed me onto their desk. My head thudded against the cool surface and I felt the current owner sigh. I was constantly being slammed around like a piece of junk while humans opened me, closed me, dog eared me, threw me (especially on chapter 50), cried on me, drew on me, and left me open. Being a book was hard.
It was even worse here. See I was a thrift book. Homeless, until someone wanted me. Then I was read and discarded in a donation pile or sold at some garage sale. My story was good I guess, so I was constantly being read. I was Allegiant. You know, the 3rd book in the Divergent trilogy? Well that was my title. My name was Page. Yah so funny a book named Page. Well clearly that was the case.
See I cant talk, but I have thoughts. And over time us books have developed a sense of understanding. I can understand when another book thinks I am weird, or that the newest owner is not a nice one, but there are bad things to this. The other books find your name eventually. I don’t know how, but after a while I just know. Maybe we all are making up our own names or something. But either way, everyone makes fun of my name.
Some teacher was yattling away at the class. It was the last day before winter break and the class knew it. Everyone was talking about their plans. I was looking forward to a comfortable few weeks resting in the school library. Just one more day to go. I told myself. One day.
The next day at school ths students had library. I was shoved down the book box. The librarian, a kind, sweet old woman who cared very much for books, gently tucked me into a pile of books to be put away. The students began to head off to bean bags and tables to read their books. One last student came up to the librarian.
“Mrs. Hacker?” It was the last student. “Is there a copy of Allegiant? I can’t find one and I just finished book two.” The student smiled. She was a young girl with wavy black hair and bright green eyes.
“Indeed I do! We just got the copy back today…” Mrs. Hacker searched through the piles. She peered into my pile. “Ah her it is! This poor fellow probably wants some rest. Take care!” She looked right at me as hse said the last part. Mrs. Hacker was different. She understood that we were able to understand.
The girl checked me out and took me off to a table in the back. There was a big window streaming bright, beautiful light in through the multicolored glass panes. The student smiled at me and said, “I’m sure we will be great friends.”
She understood me! Maybe this break wouldn’t be so bad after all…
492 words!
March 3rd Daily! Flavors: moonlight, aureate, and yonder
June shivered in the light drizzle cast upon the moonlight clearing. The woods shimmered in the serene silver spotlight. scattered across the sky as if by a giant hand were billions of pinprick lights. It was beautiful. But ominous. Every full moon the Silver came. And that meant one person would disappear. Without fail one person just vanished. No one knew who the Silver was or how they choose but if one out and about when it came there were no limits on how many to be “chosen” June looked around. The clearing was silent. In a few hours the Silver would come and she did not want to be in sight when it did.
June walked down the path without a sound, and soon reached her tree house home. I`t was right up there with the other teenagers and younger adults. There were quite a few of them. All of the clans and tribes around here lived in the same way: up a tree. Both figuratively and literally. They were constantly freaking out about the crazy monster that was going to eat them and destroy the town. And they all lived in trees. The tree houses themselves were small, clay or wood buildings with grass roofs. They were in between 2 branches and had wood flooring. The homes were connected by long wooden rope bridges trailing through the jungle. The entire tribe met and ate at the center pavilion, a huge open air pavilion on the main oak. The branches spread and popped out of their flooring.
June shut the door to her hut and lit a small candle to see by. She had a little while until she had to sleep. June opened a huge volume. Inside were thousands of tiny words printed in loopy text on weathered old pages. Intermixed with the words were small ink drawings, most likely once bright and pretty, now with faded dulled colors. June squinted at the book. The first form of civilization appeared near the watered lands, or the eastern part of the Klinx forest. They were never known to things like the Silver or panthers of the Night. However, they had poisonous snakes that could kill in one bite. This is much safer than a human-like intelligence that is always hungry. The book droned on about the ways that the Waterlanders were more fortunate, on and on and on. It was very boring. But it helped one fall asleep. And like that June fell asleep to the dull lull of history.
The next morning there was a great commotion outside the pavilion. Their second in command, Tanner, was taken! He had disappeared just like the rest. And no one knew why. When other people went missing there were searches, but this was different. They needed to find him because there was valuable information inside his brain. So that is how June found herself searching through some scraggly brush and shoving through brambles at 6 am.
After several hours, June was ready to stop and go home. It would get her in trouble, but at this point most people probably had quit. She paused on a mossy old log. Looking down she saw something bright on the ground. There were markings. But not just any markings, bright, aureate things plated in gold and hammered into things. Trees, the ground, rocks. Everything. No clear path though.
June raced back to their leader and told him of her discovery after taking him and several others there, she was discharged back to her hut with no more than a gruff “good” from their leader.
~several weeks later~
The full moon approached again and June felt especially nervous. The whole digging around the forest at those symbols had done nothing.
The night befell upon the forest and the moonlight seeped into every crevice of the huts and houses. The noise crunched all around their trees. It was more urgent than ever before. Their leader cowered in his hut while the rest hid in beds or sneaked peeks out windows. No one realized June’s door hung open, and her shoes and cloak gone.
~END~ (ish)
Many years later in lands far and wide yonder hills and trees, was a small village of Xnilk, which upon closer reference, was thee name of the forest in which this all took place, backwards. Their leader was June, once known for her role as the Silver, sneaking willing villagers from across the Klinx to her in-progress town, which was now a bustling place with markets and shops. But why would they leave?

761 words
March 5th: ability/power
I would be able to fly because I love heights and want to see the whole world. I also love nature and could live off the grid and still go get groceries without eating fish.
Daily for March 6th-propt was “Every day. Every day, every second our thoughts are recorded. We are never free…” But I never finshed my story entirely.
They watched me. Everyday from waking to sleeping and inbetween. I didn’t mean to do anything wrong, but I guess that's just how life worked. I hadn’t tried to flood half the city. I hadn’t tried to get stuffed in here. None of us had. Nalina hadn’t tried to release the lions at the zoo. We just… had. I don’t even know why that huge dam broke. I was the only one there and I guess I touched it and everything collapsed. But I’m not the only one.
Nalina released every venomous, ferocious, and dangerous animal and the zoo. I dont have the slightest clue how, but simultaneously all the animals busted free. And standing right there petting the tigers was Nalina. Since then, she was always mumbling about the tigers and how they needed to be freed.
Dina was caught in a tornado, but it never touched her. The thing swirled around her and bang! It disappeared. She is really nice but she tends to speak her mind a bit too much. It can lead to trouble around here.
Then we have Josh. Josh is the opposite of Dina. He is quiet, shy, and always in the shadows. We don’t really know why he is here, but from what I gathered, he had an incident with fire.
Thrash kinda explodes. He goes into a rage and destroys everything. I don’t know why he is here though. The rest of us have natural elements in our story but he just explodes. Everything goes wrong and stuff too. Like really wrong.
Every day I get up, get dressed, and walk to the main room. There are monitors EVERYWHERE. No people, just cameras and stuff like that. In the main room, they have stuff we are supposed to interact with. Touch the water, play with the fire, turn on the oversized fan. That isn’t so bad though. It’s the Datas.
The Datas are what we call their fancy mind tech. It basically sticks on our heads and transfers our thoughts into their computers. It just gives me this… bad feeling. And makes it twice as hard to escape.
I still try. It’s useless, as long as they have those Datas on us. Which is just where my master plan began.
It was just another day. Wake up, get dressed, go to the main room. I hadn’t thought once about escape. I couldn’t.
“Hey Tide! How is it going?” Nalina grinned at me.
“Great! How about you. I wonder what they will have us try today.” I plopped onto my seat at the table and grabbed my tray. Yogurt.
“I’m good. I hope we do the animal one.” Nalina grabbed her tray as well.
“Of course you do,” I said with an eye roll. Classic Nalina.

463 words : D
Daily for March 7th I am using different characters every time xD

1: What is your character's biggest fear? 110 WORDS
Ok so Norla is scared to be alone. That's what I imagine her surface fear is, to be left with no family or friends. Under the surface, she is scared of what will happen to her sister and country. Losing her parents started that because her sister was all she had left to support her. The second one, she is just good at heart. Everything in her wants what is best for her people and that is her element. That is really what makes her unique but at the same time typical fears. Either way, Norla is scared of this evil person but not as deeply as you would think.

2: What is one life-changing event your character has experienced? How has it changed them? 112 WORDS
Jessa was kept in slavery. She was taken from her home, with her family, and had to watch them fall apart one by one. I guess seeing your family die and then having your father get killed or kept a slave to save you would toughen her up a bit. This really is where she “grew up”. I imagined her before as an innocent girl with all her reliance on others. Jessa got her fire from that time. Without her resilience, she would be soft so this is where she turned and became who she was. I added this backstory on later but this is why Jessa is freeing the slaves anyway.

3 “How would your character solve the trolley problem?” Jessa again because she has the weirdest reactions! 105 WORDS
Jessa would decide depending on who is on that track. She would smoosh five snooty nobles into the ground just to do it for revenge. Jessa would also run over one person in poverty to save 5 in poverty. But at the same time, she would walk away from the situation if she could help others elsewhere. Jessa just doesn't have enough predictability to know. One day she would save them, the next watch them, the next kill a few to save many. It just depends on the mood, situation, and people on that track. I personally think she would do whatever she feels in the moment.

4 “What is your character’s greatest weakness?” Kira this time 112 WORDS
Hmm this is hard. Kira is overly suspicious, cautious, lonely, and I am fairly certain she is only half developed. But overall, Kira is too trusting. That is like the opposite of suspicious and cautious but she is! She trusted someone she had just met and did things from her “gut feeling” So Kira’s other weakness would be how much she relies on people. My other characters are more tough and able to withstand while Kira is innocent and still learning. Kira also is way too low on experience. She will most likely jump into battle and almost get killed because she doesn't know what she is doing. I still love her.

439 WORDS OVERALL
Daily for MArch 8th: 260 WORDS

Unfinished Story
In this current Earth, there are 8 billion Earthlings. They come in different sizes and shapes, packaged with different wrappings. Each Earthling is granted a different life. The distinct phase of an Earthling though, is when they reach the age of 18. This phase when they are ‘adults’. Shipped into the world, they filter into their assigned positions, and work long hours, before receiving a reward. Before it all begins all over again.

Except some don’t.

Some are stunted in their growth, destroyed or accidentally shattered in the process of manufacturing.

Others are left half-finished before being sent out into the world.

Story continued:

I try to stand. My legs crumble beneath me. I watch as the other Earthlings stand and walk away. They leave me alone in this big place. It’s a big place. The closer I look, the more I see. There is a huge arching dome above me and a hard white floor below. I look around and see white doors all around the walls. The last Earthling in here with me walks into a door marked for them. I look around at the doors. The ones that haven’t been taken are marked glowing white, but mine is marked blue. I know it is mine. A small paper sits to me left. As I peer at it, I realize I know what it says.
Your door will glow blue, and only you will see it is blue. Hurry before sweepers come.
Sweepers? I didn’t want to find out. I slowly managed a method of movement where I slowly dragged myself across the floor. When I reached my door, I grabbed the handle and pulled it down. The door swung open as I pushed myself against it. I tumbled inside the room. It was stark white with sparse furniture. I drag myself over to the chair.
I hear someone clomping outside the door. A huge ROAR pictures the air from outside. Suddenly I hear a voice come over the loudspeaker. It says: Hello new Earthlings. Outside you hear our sweeper. This creature will reinforce and… motivate you to do your work. I would recommend obeying the rules, or there will be consequences.
Somehow, I know that I don’t fit in here. If they find out I will be hurt. Or I will not be able to live here. I have to fit in. To start, the rest could stand. I will need to stand. I look down at my “legs”. They are floppy and limp. Hmm this may be harder than I thought. I slowly move them. Just the tops move. The rest of them looked blown up compared to mine. Maybe I had to blow them up! I sized up my legs. Near my foot was a small hole. I don’t know if it was supposed to be there, but I didn’t think it was on the other’s. I grabbed a small bike pump. It looked to be for a tiny cart, but it worked all the same. I pumped the air into my leg and watched as it inflated. As soon as it was in, it came right back out. I grabbed a band-aid from a kit I had found in the bathroom. This sealed it up nicely. Now to see if I could walk.
I took a step forward. The leg wobbled, but held. Then I took another. And another. Soon I was running, walking, and skipping around my room. Maybe, it wouldn;t be so hard after all.
If I could go back and tell myself something, I would say, “This is just the beginning. There is so much more to learn. And sometimes, you need to find a better way to fit in with the people.”

<In-Cabin Dailies and stuff>
Daily, March 2nd:
Thunderstorm
Slipping, slidding,
Thundering, blundering,
Light flash,
In grey dark sky,
Booming, looming,
Racing, chasing,
The light from time,
Throwing, glowing,
Hammering, slamming,
Swirling, whirling,
Rain thrashing, smashing,
Til fading way,
For another day,
Slip away to your watered homes,
Pray that the storm hasn't washed them away,
And rejoice in the life of the dewy new day,

<Weeklies>

Weekly thee first:

Part 1: Poetry 330/300

1 20 WORDS! (haiku) Spring
Cradling me in dewey green,
Sweet birdsong flying free,
Come spring light,
Both day and night,
And sing with me.

2 29 WORDS!(acrostic) Silent
Seren and dark, calm and quiet,
Intertwining colors, sounds and time,
Leaving unspoken words to fade,
Eachone slipped away,
Never heard, never known,
To keep a unbroken noiseless zone

3 84 WORDs (Etheree) Passing Time

Tinkling laughter tease the light, yonder hours hold the sight,
Sprinkling light shatter the night and hour bring the day,
Beware the passing of the days, for one becomes,
As many flow way, the past and present bend,
And bewilderment reigns, enjoy the light,
Forcome the dark, as shadow tames,
The endless time, between sun,
And rise, for all enjoy what,
Comes with the day and,
What rewards in the,
Night, so hold true,
The passage,
Time holds,
For it will,
Yield to,
None.

4 37 WORDS (Pastoral) Night

Pinpricks the sky as yonder light,
A shining quilt laid upon dusk,
Midnight canvas spread for all,
Spectates rest for the bustling life,
For all who see this wondrous sight,
Take your chance and enjoy the Night.

5 160 WORDS (free verse) Voices
You hear them, call them,
Know their names, hold them close again again,
Honor their reason, value, worth,
Remember all the ones that are heard.

But how many do we hear?
Over screaming, shouting, pointless drear?
The loudest are the ones we know,
Trust what speaks on mighty thone.

Are these voices true enough?
The louder, stronger, bigger,
What do they do to take that place?
How many shoved away?
Who makes sure their path is clear,
The only voices that ring loud and clear?

Beneath the surface how many more,
Wish to come but never are given the floor,
Try to make their choices heard,
Only to be shoved away,
Into a silence,
For we know not what they would say.

If only their voices were heard,
Thousands hold the keys for our world,
But they can never take their chance,
To open doors to fix our ways,
If only we gave them chances,
To make their voices heard.

Part 2 Essay 556/500

Global warming is a huge problem that could lead to disastrous effects on our planet. Climate change is causing more species to go extinct, ice melting, and severe weather. All of these things and more couldn’t really be the undoing of human life, right? Well that’s where we are wrong.
When a species goes extinct it hurts or causes another species to go extinct. And that hurts or causes another to go extinct, and so on. Soon enough, animals and plants directly related to humans are going extinct. This is called the extinction dominion effect. Soon we have unbalanced the web of life and our ecosystems are ruined. Besides that, losing life forms means losing unique, and potentially crucial to advancement, creatures!
Ice melting is causing large increases in sea level. Over the last 42 years the water level has risen 8-9 inches. This will put nearly 643 million people in danger of rising tides. People moving farther inward would cause clammer for space and result in destruction of more wildlife. Animals living on the ice would be put in extreme danger or gone extinct in the wild altogether.
Severe weather changes have been noted. From hurricanes to heat waves, our weather is getting more and more dangerous. Hurricanes have been increasing in severity. Over the last 30 years they have been ranking up in the 5 and 4 categories far more. In 2021 wildfires burned over 2,000,000 acres of land. The fires are also a lot hotter than they have been before. Heat waves have become more common and have had an increase in temperature. Droughts have also been coming more frequently and for longer. All of these natural disasters are both threats to our planet, our atmosphere, humanity, and wildlife.
The resources factories use to make everyday items like plastic or toothpaste produce huge amounts of pollution into the air. Almost all of our electricity is powered by resources that cause air pollution when burned. When the greenhouse gasses are released into the atmosphere they cause the heat to be trapped in earth’s atmosphere. This causes a whole lot more warm air to be trapped in here with us. There are also chemicals that release gasses that cause our ozone layer to thin, which results in more UV rays coming in.
This seems bad, right? Well you can help stop all these problems. Eco-friendly materials and reducing your use of plastic can make a big difference. Most of our electricity and heat are powered by resources that hurt our atmosphere. Using less energy by lowering your heating and cooling, switching to LED light bulbs and energy-efficient electric appliances, or hanging things to dry instead of using a dryer will also help! Switching to solar power also helps a lot. If everyone used solar power, global warming would be either nonexistent or very small. Carpooling also helps a lot. Cars release huge amounts of greenhouse gasses. 29% of air pollution is caused by transportation. Transportation is the one factor that contributes to the pollution.
If we want to save our planet, we need to get to work on it. Try to do something that will help the environment, or reduce your carbon footprint. If we work together, we might be able to clean this planet! And remember, we don’t have a planet B.

Sources: (note these are 99% .gov .edu .org, but they don't go to the EXACT page for some of them. Some go to what it tells me to copy. And I doubt they will be linked when I transfer them to the forum-)
https://www.earthday.org/5-terrifying-climate-change-facts/
https://www.dosomething.org/
https://www.conserve-energy-future.com/various-global-warming-facts.php
https://news.climate.columbia.edu/2019/03/26/endangered-species-matter/
https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/
https://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=9162438
https://sealevel.climatecentral.org/
https://www.climate.gov/
https://www.usgs.gov/faqs/how-can-climate-change-affect-natural-disasters#faq
https://www.epa.gov
https://www.un.org/actnow
https://www.nrdc.org

Part 3 Script writing 926/800

Story:
“Wha-what do you mean it’s not happening?” June stared dumbfounded at her parents.
“Honey, we don't want you being exposed to anything bad at camp. It could be dangerous.” Her mom smiled nicely. “Maybe another year.”
“You have been saying that for 5 years! I have NEVER gone to this camp. Its just one week. I will be back in no time! Please?” June begged.
“We can’t send you away. You could get hurt! Besides, that camp is expensive.” Mom was still trying to keep her sugar sweet smile on her face.
“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU!!!” June stormed up to her room and slammed the door. She layed on her bed and sobbed. She had asked for years to go to that camp. Every year for as long as she could remember. All the cool kids went. All her friends. Everyone. It was just one week at the beautiful lake called Camp Joy. Everyone came back alive. Besides, camp wasn’t even that expensive. June had even saved up to go.

Script:

JUNE and MOM sit on the couch in the living room

JUNE: Wha-what do you mean it’s not happening?

MOM: Honey, we don’t want you being exposed to anything there.

MOM smiles nicely

MOM: Maybe another year.

JUNE: You have been saying that for 5 years! I have NEVER gone to this camp. Its just one week. I will be back in no time! Please? (begging/distressed)

MOM: We can’t send you away. You could get hurt! Besides, that camp is expensive.

MOM has a sugar sweet smile on

JUNE: I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU!!!

JUNE storms out of the living room up the stairs while MOM calls for her to stop

JUNE slams the door to her room JUNE collapses onto her bed sobbing

After a while, JUNE gets up and opens a miniature flier

50$ fee for Camp Joy! Adult supervision at all times! Have fun with friends for a week at this beautiful nature camp!

Below it showed pictures of the lake, mountains, and hiking trails that wound across a map.

JUNE walks over to her piggy bank and dumps its continents

JUNE conts and holds up 50$ JUNE falls back onto her bed

Downstairs, MOM tells DAD what happened while he was at work

MOM: I don’t want to spoil the Birthday gift, but she is just so upset!

DAD: Maybe we could make our decision seem less final? That might make her feel better.

MOM: Ok, I will try that.

Meanwhile JUNE was listening to an air vent and heard the last part of the conversation

JUNE smiles to herself. She was going to convince them to let her go to camp!

DAD walks up the stairs and JUNE wipes the smile of her face and lays on the bed

DAD walks into JUNE’s room

DAD: June are you alright?

JUNE ignores him.

DAD sighs and walks out the door

JUNE doesn’t come down for dinner and locks her door

MOM drops a tray with food by her door

MOM: We love you sweety.

JUNE doesnt respond

Downstairs:

MOM: She is really upset.

DAD: I know. She wouldn’t even say hi.

MOM: She will get over it. And then we will surprise her!

DAD: I hope so….

JUNE snatched her tray and sat on her bed.

NARRATOR: Tomorrow she had to go to school and tell her friends. They had been so sure June would be able to come.

JUNE lay in bed and didn’t close her eyes all night.

The next morning JUNE got up and went into the bathroom to get dressed

MOM: June you need to leave for school!

JUNE: Yeah, I know.

JUNE grabbed her backpack and lunch and walked to the front door

MOM: I love you!

JUNE walks out the door without responding

JUNE sits at a desk in a classroom

TEACHER1 is talking to the students

TEACHER1: What do you think will happen if global warming continues? Discuss quietly with a neighbor.

Class beginnings talking

FRIEND1: Hey June! Are you going to camp?

JUNE: My parents won’t let me! I said I will pay and everything! (exasperated)

FRIEND1: Oh what a pity, maybe in another two hundred years! (meanish)

FRIEND1 walks away

JUNE sighs and looks around the room

FRIEND2: Hey June! What do you think will happen if global warming keeps going?

JUNE: (relieved) I think we will end up like Wall-E, all covered in trash.

FRIEND2 giggles

FRIEND2: Yah! We better hurry up! I think we are going to be flooded from rising water.

FRIEND3 walks over

FRIEND3: I think we are going to have nothing left but humans! And we will have to eat grass like cows. Mooo!

FRIEND2, FRIEND3, and JUNE burst into laughter
TEACHER1: Students back to your desks!

JUNE: See ya later! (happy)

FRIEND1: Oh we were going to plan out camp, sorry June. (mean)

JUNE looks at her feet

FREIND2: We can save that for later!

FRIEND1: No, I don't think we will. We should be planning now.

FRIEND2: Well I’m staying with JUNE.

JUNE: Thanks, Olivia.

FRIEND2/OLIVIA: It’s what a friend should do. Besides, we can brainstorm plans on how to convince your parents to let you come.

JUNE: Yah! Maybe we can get it!

OLIVIA high fived JUNE and FREIND1 looked on in jealousy

FRIEND1: You two weren’t very cool in the first place. (jealous)

FRIEND1/ENEMY walked away with a glare.

TEACHER1: Girls! Back to your seats!

JUNE and OLIVIA sit back down

TEACHER1 continues class

Several weeks later

ENEMY: Hey loser.

JUNE ignores her and keeps walking

OLIVIA: Hey June! Happy Birthday!

JUNE: Thanks Olivia!

OLIVIA: You doing anything fun?

JUNE: I’m opening my gifts later tonight but other than that nothing planned!

OLIVIA: Cool!

JUNE: Did you finish the Social Studies homework?

OLIVIA: Yah! Did you?

JUNE: No….

OLIVIA: You know I will let you see them.

JUNE: Thanks Olivia! You’re the best!

JUNE gave OLIVIA a hug and continued walking to lunch

Later that day

JUNE walked into the house

JUNE: I’m home!

MOM, DAD, OLIVIA, FRIEND3, and relatives/friends: Surprise! Happy birthday!

JUNE: Aww thank you all so much!

MOM: You have to open your gift!

DAD: You are gonna love it!

DAD winks at JUNE

MOM hands JUNE a envelope

JUNE opens the envelope and stares at the signed permission sheet for Camp Joy

JUNE screams in joy

JUNE: Thank you so so so so so so much! (excited/yelling)

JUNE hugs her parents and Olivia

NARRATOR: And they all ate cake and went to Camp Joy. The end.

Part 4 Nonfiction 416/400 951/400

1 416 WORDS (Book review on Six of Crows)
Six of Crows is a fictional book that takes place in the medieval-fantasy Grishaverse. Six young men and women embark on a quest to the Ice Court to rescue a scientist prisoner who has found the power to create a drug that enhances and brainwashes Grisha.
The story begins and spends a large part of the beginning, in Ketterdam. Ketterdam is the “bustling hub of international trade”, according to the back cover. Mainly the characters live and spend most of their time in the worst and most dangerous part of the city.
Six of the most skilled in the city are chosen and taken for Kas Brekker’s insane and extremely profitable quest. Jesper was their sharpshooter and was able to hit practically any target. Inej was silent, invisible, and clever. She went by Wraith because of her tendency to move without noise no matter the situation. Nina was their Heartrender, a Grisha who could command blood to their will, causing death, insanity, nausea, and anything else related to the functions of one’s body. Kaz was the leader and head of one of the most upossing gangs in Ketterdam. He was incharge of the quest and is commonly focused on. Matthias wishes for his past life as a member of the ice court, burning and killing Grisha. Wylan is the son of a rich merchant who has a thirst for money, while his son just wants to prove himself.
The captive scientist discovered how to create a drug that overpowers Grishas and their senses. People from all over want it, because this would give them more power than anyone else. One merchant finds Kaz and asks him to bring him back to the scientist from Fierda. But Kaz and his team aren't the only ones trying to retrieve the drug. A rival gang is also trying to get there and neither one wants to sign a treaty and split the wealth.
Overall, this was a wonderful book that let me see a whole new perspective for the people who are brilliant, but downgraded to nearly nothing. I thought that the setting and character development outshined almost all the books I have read. You grow to anticipate the next move and wait for the next move and trick.
Kaz’s team will have you on your toes at the plot changing choices and events as they attempt to retrieve a scientist with dangerous power from the most well-guarded fortress in Grishaverse! I hope you read and enjoy this book!

2 Best vacation ever 951 WORDS
I couldn’t believe it, I was getting on a plane for the first time since I had moved. The trip I was about to go on would be the best vacation ever.
My mom and I were getting ready to board the plane to D.C. Actually the plane stopped in Michigan before it got to D.C. We had already eaten dinner because it was getting late and we wouldn’t stop for a while. The moment we got on the plane our trip to see my old friends began.
It was nearly 9 pm in eastern time when we got off the plane. My mom’s friend picked us up from the airport. Her daughter, Corine, didn’t even know I was coming to visit her. Corine was one of the members of the Fab Five, a nickname for our playgroup when we were babies. All our parents knew each other really well and had planned the trip for a long time. Lauren, Hailey, Corine, and I were the only 4 coming because Jada couldn’t make it.
The plan was to get to D.C, spend the night at Corine’s house, leave tomorrow and spend a day in D.C, then go straight to the cabin we would be staying in with the rest of the group. It was really late when we got to Corine’s house, but Corine was really surprised and excited. We went to bed immediately after we caught up with each other.
Early in the morning, my mom and I got on a train to D.C. I expected it to be rattly and loud like a cargo train but it was fairly quiet and wasn’t bumpy at all. When we got to the train station we were getting off at, we had to stand up and get ready while it was still moving. There were alot of cool places to go to, so we started out in the national mall and looked at a bunch of different monuments and memorials. We saw the washington monument, vietnam war memorial, and what seemed to be a million fields of little white flags with letters written to people who died from covid 19. The lincoln memorial was also really cool but there was a bird flying around inside.
On the way back from the Lincoln memorial we decided to ride the electric scooters. It was amazing feeling the wind whip by without doing anything to make yourself move forward. We had to stop riding the scooters when we stopped at the natural history museum.
We saw a lot of really interesting things inside the Natural History museum. There was an entire section on geodes and crystals. After we were done looking in the Natural History museum we went to the Air and Space museum. A whole bunch of cool rockets were on display. Some of them were the original rockets.
After the air and space museum we headed back and took the train back to Corine’s town. They picked us up and began the 1-2 hour drive to the cabin we would be staying in. When we got to the cabin we saw it was on a long street in the middle of some woods by a town. Lauren and her mom were closer and had already got there and Lauren was super excited to see us. Her mom, Mrs. Ann, was pregnant.
After we had unloaded all our stuff the adults decided to go get dinner at a restaurant. The food was good even though it took a really long time to get. When we got back we put our swimsuits on and headed for the hot tub while we waited for Hailey to get there.
Finally, Haily got there and we all went to say hi, before we all went back to the hot tub to play truth or dare. When we finally went back to bed after nearly 2 hours of truth or dare, it was really late.
The next morning we went to the indoor water park. When we got inside we immediately went to go on the huge water slides. There were also 3 humongous slides that you went on in tubes. We played tag on the bucket dump area for a really long time. It was really epic. We also went around the lazy river a few times. After that we left because the waterpark had 20 minutes until it closed.
When we got back to the cabin, we had leftover pizza and hotdogs for dinner. Then we played a game where you had to use a card from your hand to describe the picture. We went to bed after that.
The next morning we played another game called Oregon Trail. We had to leave after we played that game a few times. While we were packing up, Mrs. Ann put a fake cockroach on the floor. “Ewwwww” she yelled. “There is a cockroach in here. Someone throw it away. Not with my sock.” Mrs. Ann said, picking the cockroach up with a paper towel. “Lick it.” she said to Lauren. Lauren did. “You too,” she said, giving it to Hailey. Hailey licked it too. “Your turn” she said to me. I ran out the front door. Lauren came running after me telling me it was fake.
When it was time to leave everyone was sad but we had a great weekend. After we got to Corine’s house we had a quick lunch and went to the airport. The plane rides home were from about 7-11 p.m.
I had a great time on that vacation. Me and my mom got to spend a lot of time together. This was the best vacation ever.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Partner stuff>
Letter to Jason:

Hia Jason! March 1st

I can’t wait to get to know you! So to start, I am gonna name every fandom I have. Just kidding! I will put that somewhere else. Hmmm how to start. Gimme a minute or so. *several minutes late* Okie! Done thinking.

To start, I enjoy writing a lot of things at once. It ends in very little productive writing going on, but it’s fun. I like to draw my characters, write their story, and have a bad habit of writing the end first. I guess my style is “word barf” Or so I am told. My irl friend, decided that was the name, and I have used it since.

Ok second off, I love love love love books. I spend all my free time reading (or writing) and think that medieval dominates all other genres. I have been told I have a college vocabulary but my spelling is dead. Or nonexistent. Take your pick. I have a bad habit of being antisocial and staying locked in my room all day.

3rd off, I have moved 500000 times. Or 7. My dad was military and retired last year, so I wont move any more! However I have friends moving so it's just brilliant. (sarcasm intended) Well the point of that is I have friends all over the country.

4th ummm. What is the fourth? I got nothin. Oh yes. My dislikes. I hate gossip girls. It drives me insane to hear about who likes who blah blah blah. I have a fear of tunnel slides and tubes, centipedes, life without books, and betrayal. And yet I long for adventure or to live back when there were people with swords.

5th because I had an idea! My random facts! I went to school on a dormant volcano. And I hated preschool. I am not squeamish so I can handle blood. I want to be a teacher. I desperately want to live in the past. I am losing friends because I am making new ones. (irl ofc) Part of my dog’s middle name is casserole. And I have 2 brothers.

Any questions? Also what's your favorite color? And when can we do that tapestry poem thing?

Cya! ~Abbie

<Story proofs>
Tick- a short story
Iris whipped her head around. What was that noise? She had heard it every day for the last 5 weeks. And every time it was louder. Like a tick, tick, tick A clock? In her head? Iris peered around. It was bright and sunny. A perfect day to be walking home from school. Except that noise. Iris didn't mind the noise as much as not knowing why. It bugged her day and night.
Iris was so lost in thought she completely missed the person walking towards her.
“Oh no! I'm so sorry!” Said the girl as they bumped into each other. “Are you ok? I wasn't looking where I was going.” UNFINSHED

<Poetry>

<Word Wars>
March 7th with @beeblush:
“Wha-what do you mean it’s not happening?” June stared dumbfounded at her parents.
“Honey, we don't want you being exposed to anything bad at camp. It could be dangerous.” Her mom smiled nicely. “Maybe another year.”
“You have been saying that for 5 years! I have NEVER gone to this camp. Its just one week. I will be back in no time! Please?” June begged.
“We can’t send you away. You could get hurt! Besides, that camp is expensive.” Mom was still trying to keep her sugar sweet smile on her face.
“I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU!!!” June stormed up to her room and slammed the door. She layed on her bed and sobbed. She had asked for years to go to that camp. Every year for as long as she could remember. All the cool kids went. All her friends. Everyone. It was just one week at the beautiful lake called Camp Joy. Everyone came back alive. Besides, camp wasn’t even that expensive. June had even saved up to go.
“Honey please. I don’t want to hurt you, it’s just too early for this.”
WORDS: 184 TIME : 5 MINUTES
March 7th with @zparkly:
“Juniper Sparrow!” They pulled my name. Out of hundreds of slips they pulled one of my 23. I can't believe it.
People murmur and frown as I walk slowly up to the stage. No one protests. My little sister cries on the ground by my mother. This can’t be happening. Can’t be real. Some mistake. No no no no.
“Now we need to do the boys! Let's see.” The lady pulling them out is bouncing about like a spring. She pulls a slip out of the huge glass ball.
“Oliver Sparrow!” My brother. I am going in a arena with my older brother. Everything, every moment, every hope, every second of my life is ripped away, because I know, in my heart, I can not kill him. Nothing would ever let me do this. I am not coming home.
“Siblings! How delightful! We ought to celebrate!” The lady jumps up and down.
My mother sobs in a corner as she watches her two eldest children get taken from her. My father holds her hand. Our eyes meet and there is only a deep sadness. No one feels the “celebrate” mood.
“Come along! Come come!” The lady pulls us into the huge dome that forms the place where we will be saying goodbyes.
“Why don’t we put you in the same room! Siblings after all!” She shoves us into the velvety room. Everything is clean and plush. I don't want to touch it.
242 WORDS
March 7th with @Luna-Lovegood-LOL:
The potion simmered over the fire. Cauldrons popped and crackled all over the hut. Every few feet you could see a carpet, cat, or hanging tapestry. All of the light came from a huge bonfire in the middle of the room. If one wasn’t careful when looking, the place was empty, But to the trained eye of Dwain Fearless the witch hunter, it was clear as day the witch was there. All of the cats purred and none of them seemed remotely scared. Dwain’s eyes followed every trail of smoke or carpet.
CrAcKkkkK! Dwain leapt towards the door with his sword in hand as a huge black crow swooped into the room.
Dwain the Fearless, killer of witches! Cried the crow.
“Who are you!?!?” Yelled Dwain.
“That is Onyx, my messenger.” Dwain whirled around to see a young women stroking a huge black panther.
“D-don’t hurt me!” Dwain squeaked.
151 WORDS

<Other> (I think I got it all…)

Last edited by AbbieB1266 (March 27, 2022 01:48:07)

camqfire-
Scratcher
50 posts

⍋ world enough and time ⍋
moth's writing thread

»»———-  ———-««
about me
hey ya'll! i'm moth, and i'm super excited to be participating in swc !! i'm your casual art nerd who seems to always be drawing, whether it's doodling in the margin of your school workbook or working on a full-scale watercolour painting. i love musicals such as hamilton and encanto and god, don't get me started on my fandoms! warriors, wof, kotlc, d&d , httyd, animal crossing, untitled goose game; just ask! i can't wait to meet you all; fanfiction forest for the win!
»»———-  ———-««
dailies
march first - write from the pov of an inanimate object - 500 points
march third - three ice cream flavours
march sixth - what power would you have and why?
»»———-  ———-««
in-cabin stuff
march third - daily :: take two of your favourite characters from different fandoms and write about what would happen if they had to work on a school project together
march sixth - daily :: take a word you or someone else mispronounced. now turn it into an actual dictionary definition!
»»———-  ———-««
weeklies

»»———-  ———-««
other
march first - the race

»»———-  ———-««
team ⍋ fanfiction

Last edited by camqfire- (March 5, 2022 21:02:22)

Admin Helper of TFCRP, CEO of DPRP, Admin of WCPM, OWoN, and plenty of other roleplays. I used to be active in the forums, but not so much anymore.

b10_hAzard-
Scratcher
26 posts

March 1st > in cabin daily
The Concert
Your hard work to find tickets finally paid off, you're now in the second row of your favourite singer's concert and now just waiting for them to appear. Suddenly the lights in the seating area dim and the spotlight points at figure on stage, it's really him! They lift their microphone and say to the audience, "Hello everyone. I know that most of you here probably already know who I am but just incase you don't, my name is Damian but most of you know me as b10_hAzard-. Some of my hobbies are singing, drawing and writing. I also have an obsession with airplanes and love talking about them. Speaking of airplanes, you my audience, you're pretty fly! There's nothing plane about you! I apologize to people who are going to multiple of my concerts ‘cause all my jokes are gonna be the same…" Sometimes people forget that famous people are actually real people but you didn’t come here to contemplate, you came here to enjoy music.

168 words
Starfox74
Scratcher
58 posts

-Star’s March SWC Writing-

Dailies

-3/1/22
112 words

Hi! I’m Star, and I’m thrilled to be here

I love writing, of course. Mostly fantasy, but fanfic, poetry, and historical fiction are fun too. I also just finished the first draft of my book, so I’m pretty excited about that

I quite enjoy reading, art, video games, and playing music! I’m also very much a theater kid haha.

This is my third SWC session I think. I was in Thriller July 2021, Poetry Nov 2022, and obviously I’m now here!

I don’t really know what else to say, so uh I’m 5’4, my favorite color is blue, and my favorite vines are all of the “But I’ve got a watermelOn”

-3/2/22
352 words
I totally did not base this off of my friend’s weighted stuffed dinosaur who I am now married too. No definitely not

Oliver’s mother Eliza is taking him with her to her theater practice, and he’s beyond excited. All of his mother’s friends are wonderful; they hold him and cuddle him and coo over his cuteness. He’s certain that these ‘theater kids’ his mother described will be just as amazing as the rest.

Sure enough, when they step into the big room practice takes place in, a girl with brown hair immediately runs up to him.

“He’s adorable! Can I hold him?” Is the first thing that comes out of her mouth, and Oliver is handed over. The girl gasps once he’s in her arms and cradles him to her chest. Oliver soon learns that her name is Ruby.

Soon, more of Eliza’s friends come through the door, and their faces instantly brighten when they see Oliver. One girl, who Eliza calls Diana, instantly melts when she holds him.

“I love him,” she declares, and Oliver decides that he loves her too. There’s just something… sweet about her.

After a few minutes of being held by Diana, the little group around him starts giggling. Eliza takes him over to where one boy stands conversing with an older man. Eliza says nothing, only drops Oliver into the boy’s hands and walks off.

To the boy’s credit, he doesn’t so much as flinch. He just blinks down at Oliver, then holds him over his shoulder like a baby. Oliver is totally content with this arrangement, and he listens as the boy and man talk of the newest Legend of Zelda game.

Throughout the rest of the practice, Oliver switches hands about twenty times. They’re all very gentle, and he has quite a good time watching the rehearsal in their arms.

Unfortunately, it ends far too soon, and everyone is packing up and getting ready to go.

“Will you bring him on Sunday?” Diana asks.

“She has to,” the boy named Charlie says without blinking. The rest of the group enthusiastically agrees, and Eliza only laughs.

“Looks like I don’t have a choice.”

Oliver is thrilled, knowing he’ll be able to see his new friends again soon.

Weeklies

Word Wars

Last edited by Starfox74 (March 2, 2022 23:54:01)

“and when nobody wakes you up in the morning,
and when nobody waits for you at night,
and when you can do whatever you want.
what do you call it, freedom or loneliness?”

Charles Bukowski
-DesVision-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi I’m Erie! I like to sleep and read, but I love to write and be organized. I am in the EST timezone, and I use she/her pronouns. This session I will am in the all powerful, Fan-Fi. My leaders this session are @Luna-Lovegood-LOL, @majesticMiddleschool and @-endless_abyss-. I had Luna last session as a co, by the way. This is my second session in SWC, my first being last November in Thriller with @Rey_venclaw, @Starrial and @Luna-Lovegood-LOL. (Yes, I've had Luna twice in a row, but I didn’t really get to know her.)

I am learning Spanish and am trying to learn about human anatomy so I can doodle and bring my characters to life. My favorite fruit has got to be a grape, with strawberries coming in at a close second. I don’t really have a favorite song or artist because they are all so good.

I saw Luna get challenged by @zsparkly to write 1k words for their intro, so I took it upon myself to stand with Luna and do the same. I really hope I can do this, seeing as the longest I’ve ever written in one sitting was a little over 500 words long. Now, I’m not saying I’m going to do this all in one sitting but, I want to try. So, sorry if this is unorganized, hopping all over the place and doesn’t make sense.

Let’s start with how I came to be here, today. I’ve always liked writing, but we were always writing like personal narratives, and doing the same thing every year. In 4th grade, my technology teacher, Ms. Wong (@EESWong) made my entire class Scratch accounts. Same with 5th grade, but there was something different with 5th grade. I made my own, personal account. The accounts’ name was @NetherStrydr, and it lasted from January to last summer. A little before changing to this account, I found SWC. I kind of, maybe, sorta stalked the last July session for the whole month. At the end of July, I made this account, wanting to be more formal, wanting to have thumbnails, and so I could write in SWC. Last session I joined, then I came back for a second session!

This time around, I’m more prepared and more ready. I have some characters that I hope to develop throughout the month. I want to hone my writing skills, and be able to write longer pieces without getting stuck with writer's block.

As I said earlier, my favorite fruits are grapes and right now I am eating some. Well, I was eating some until I ate them all. But, here I am still typing, breaking the fourth wall (maybe?) and talking to you.

Have you ever actually thought about breaking the fourth wall? It’s such an amazing concept and I think the best person at this is, you guessed it (hopefully), Lemony Snicket! I haven’t really ever read any of his books, but I did watch the Series Of Unfortunate Events (I just saw Luna’s intro and she said she liked SOUE, too) where Patrick Warburton played Lemony Snicket. I thought it was very entertaining.

I am only in a few fandoms compared to Luna, but her number of fandoms is insane. I love Stardew Valley, Minecraft, the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) and, of course, A Series Of Unfortunate Events. I also belong to a bunch of studios, mainly Scratch’s World Of Writer’s, the Marvel Squad, and Fandom Fanatics.

I have recently taken interest in fan-fics after finding out about AO3. My favorite series on there is Blythe In The Valley in the Stardew Valley fandom, and no, I don’t know the name of the author. After reading it up until it started reaching adult content, I decided to make my own Stardew Valley fic called Adventures In The Valley. Just so you know, that name is subject to change.

My favorite author is Stuart Gibbs. If you don't know him you might know his FunJungle series, but that is not my favorite. Now, don’t get mad at me, I haven’t read it yet. I like the Spy School or Charlie Thorne series. I think espionage is really cool.

This feels like pulling an all-nighter, which I think I’ve only done once. Yeah, I just checked my memory and only once have I pulled an all-nighter. I think I am going to try to do another one either next Friday or next Saturday. Either way, I am going to try, then I will report back to see how it went.

The day SWC started (today), my school, more like the country, made masks in schools optional. I wore my mask up until 2nd period when I just decided I wanted to see how it felt, and listen to me when I say it felt absolutely illegal taking it off and not having it on the entire day. Don’t think that I didn’t like not having my mask off, it felt very refreshing.

I remember the day when we were told we were going home for two weeks and would see each other soon enough, after everything blew over. Now, it’s been almost 2 years, on the dot, since that day and I cried last night thinking about how far we’ve come. I know it sounds cringey and everything, but that is the cold, hard truth. I have grown so much since then, as a person, as a kid, and as a writer. I hope everybody thinks the same about themselves, too.

Now that I think about it, maybe it wasn’t a good idea to follow the Megathread, I am getting notifications like every few minutes. I’m going to have to unfollow it and check manually. I think that is the best course of action.

I am so close to this goal and I just want to thank everybody who has made me into the writer I am today. If you need help, critique, or just want to talk, I am here. I want to make new friends and help out as many people as possible.

✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐✎✐

Word Count: 1013

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
To see the entire signature, press ctrl + shift + down arrow
Hi I'm -DesVision-, but you can call me Erie! I love to read, write and sleep. I am in my school's book club and love when it is SWC season! MY favorite games are Minecraft and Stardew Valley. I also love to watch Marvel, too. I am aspiring author and hope to one day get published . . . somewhere. Check out my latest, and biggest, project! Go check out Sandy and Ani!
“A book is a gift you can open again and again” -Ani
For my Misconception photos, Touch Of Adventure did the image hosting.

SeltzerWater1000
Scratcher
100+ posts

SWC in cabin daily for Hi-Fi. +200 words
WARNING: It’s not amazing kinda rushed it’s about a hair tie soooo

7:00am wake up. 7:30am get to work. 9:00am CHANGE OF SCENERY FINALLY, walk to school. 1:30pm why, so, much, running, AHHHHH I want to fall out. 3:00pm going back home, 7:00pm done with work today. I get put on a tray with my friends and call it a night.

Hi I am Emily, or at least I think I am. That’s what I hear people call me. Oh and I forgot to mention, I’m a hair tie, I tie up peoples hair, and get lost but I am supposed to tie up peoples hair.

The next day I followed my normal routine until 1:30. Running. This time I fall. “Ugh,” someone says, I assume whoevers hair I am holding up. I get no break or warning and they put me right back to work. Once around, twice around, three times around, FOUR times around, fi- snap. Everything went dark snapping is like dying for humans. So, I’m dead, no more work for me. Gone forever. Darkness

I guess what they myths say is true cause I did get put in a dark smelly place after I died. It was so creepy and. dark.

WarriorsSilverstream
Scratcher
30 posts

March 1st 2022 In-Cabin + Main Cabin daily
Hey guys, I'm Silver! She/her I'm just a scrawny little gremlin with a cool hairstyle (/ref) who most definitely needs a nap right now. I'm obsessed with cottagecore, Sanders Sides, The Owl House, and DreamSMP among other fandoms! And cottagecore. Did I mention cottagecore? I'm currently raiding every craft store within my area to find the right decorations to turn my room into the foresty room of my dreams. This is my second session in SWC and ironically, my second time in the Fan-fi cabin!
My favorite autumn leaf colors are the ones that are candy apple red. The ones so vibrant that it makes the tree look like it's on fire. However, my overall favorite type of autumn leaves are the ones that are dry and crispy and have fallen onto the pavement so you can put all of your weight onto it and hear that satisfying crunch sound that they make. Like, full on Hulk smash. Makes you feel like a little kid.
booklover883322
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bookie's Writing Post
Note: Feel free to read through all this stuff, I have no problem with it, sooooo, yeah. You'll just be seeing a lot of unedited stuff, so……………..

ENJOY

~In-Cabin Dailies~
1: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6083341/
2: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6092554/
3:

~Main Cabin Dailies~
1: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6081931/
2: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6084834/
3: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6093189/
4: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6097242/
5: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6101171/
6: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6138089/
7: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6155841/
8:

~In-Cabin Weeklies~
1: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6103948/
2:
3:
4:

~Main Cabin Weeklies~
1: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6103865/
2: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6120359/
3: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6141722/
4:

~Writing Comp Entry~

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6136858/

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6144664/ (Fanfic)

~Other Stuff~
1: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6112174/ (Cabin Wars proof)
2: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6119500/ (The edited and counted version of the collab story for the weekly)
3:

Last edited by booklover883322 (March 30, 2022 00:44:20)

Hey! I'm Bookie! Co-Leading Fan-Fi, March 2024!
mynameisleafshine
Scratcher
97 posts

Main Cabin Daily 3/1
Topic: Introducing yourself
Word Count: 602

Redirect to main page

Hello! I'm Lemon of Athena's Bunker in Myth Cabin. I'm currently aiming for 30k words, which is a huge goal, but I think I can make it. This is my second year as a camper, but my first full session. For my first year I was under the amazing Bookie (The-Book-Worm-) in Sci-fi cabin. Sci-fi and us are allies right now, which is nice.

A little more about me, I like doing art, though i've recently been burnt out with digital art. I have a spot in my heart for Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger, one of my favorite fantasy books. A more Young Adult book would be One of Us Is Lying, which is super good, but again, more on the teen - adult side. At the moment i'm reading Last of Her Name by Jessica Khoury and Fablehaven (one) by Brandon Mull. Highly recommend both.

Let's take a switch to hobbies! I enjoy going on Fandom sometimes as a general chat area (i'm one one more off topic chill wiki, and one pretty on-topic wiki), watching a lot of youtube (a lot of minecraft lol), and playing loomian legacy. I do want a nintendo switch sometime because I really want to play animal crossing and pokemon. Mostly animal crossing.

For my music tastes, they vary a lot. I like to listen to spotify while I study, if it's studying, then it's just lofi most of the time. My playlist is “Where are the Sandwiches” on Spotify. Listen to Gone Away by CG5 (one of my all time faves), Mona Lisa by mxmtoon, and Better Days by Mae Miller and 2 other artists I can't remember the names of haha. ( Not sure if any of them have swearing, most likely to be Better Days that has swearing so get a clean version >:0 )

Much deeper into my art recommendations, I follow many artists across the platforms of scratch and deviantart, as well as a few on fandom, and I just look at random art via pinterest. I recommend: Berricake - she's super well known, for a good reason. He has amazing pixel/procreate/scratch vector art and knows how to animate and code very well. One of my idols. 7Sofa - yes, I know i'm starting with famous people but she's so funny, and super talented at semi realism. Yxae - the QUEEN of simplistic characters that are still so pretty. Cru-mble - one of the artists I follow is one of my cabin leaders- I can't ahhhh- In all serious, Crumble is amazing and has such vibrant colors to her art. Butterwaffle - how can I forget about butter?? her style is so soft and satisfying. Palepinkpangolin - one of my scratch vector art icons, her style is so perfect and clean and consitient, i love it. Pichi- - That is Pichi with a dash, yes. Pichi's art looks like it comes from a anime, it's so good. Flowercat444 - I actually used his semi-realism tutorial, and I love it sm. Will never be as talented as he is :')

This is getting way too long, and I have so many artists left. Just check who i'm following and you'll be good. One last name spurt before I finally end this monster of an intro. D_i_a_v_l_o, -cafecat-, cherri, Rosyda, Jeila/geijitsu, xaf, cosmetiq, bodi3, Sakurainq, potatobear616, code-amazing, inure_, glosstea, GrapeJuice, ipzy, vxsv, vantqe, cactivi, calamarimi, GameGirlX, and too many more deviantart artists. I hope you guys have a wonderful start to SWC I'm i'll try to find time tommorrow to make up for my lost 400 words to various tasks :']

Last edited by mynameisleafshine (March 3, 2022 00:32:52)

lemon ~ artist ~ she/they
-Galatic_Planet-
Scratcher
55 posts

March 1st Dailies

In Cabin:
When Spring Comes

The birds call
The frogs croak
The flowers bloom
And the wind blows

It rains,
It pours,
It drizzles.
And it sprinkles

We get trees
We get flowers
We get sprouts
And we get buds

The bud grows
And blooms
And prospers
And flourishes

Then we know it’s
The season of Spring
A time of life and growth

Main Cabin Daily:
Greetings wonderful people! I'm Kate. My pronouns are She/her and I am an Aries. I am also in EST timezone. I (currently) like to rollerblade, paint, draw, procrastinate, and bake. I am an American (or I guess I could say United States of America-ian or USAnian. I don't know at this point) Girl Scout. It is really fun and I signed up for too many summer camps in July. *thumbs up*.
Because I am not the greatest at introducing myself, I shall say some random tings that you did not need to know about me. To start with, I probably was more active when I was in elementary school because I did gymnastics when I was 5-ish (along with Ice skating too), I also started kickboxing later in elementary school, and I also had a singing solo in my school's Christmas play. But I had to stop gymnastics and ice skating, corona forced me to stop kickboxing, and I also am bad at singing now. Next thing you did not need to know, I would love to travel the world and see new places. I really would love to go to New Zealand, Norway, Thailand, Mexico, a country in Africa, the Caribbean, Italy, Chile, and other countries too! I've only been to Canada and Bermuda, but Bermuda's a territory. I also have “been” to Mexico, but it was on a cruise and I want allowed to get of the ship (I was the 7, so it makes sense.) One last thing about me for the piece, vanilla is superior to chocolate. Vanilla ice cream is better than chocolate, vanilla cake is better than chocolate, vanilla frosting is better than chocolate. An exception would be the actual stuff. Vanilla extract is gross and chocolate is good, but thats the only exception (of the top of my head).
I can't think of anything else but there is some stuff about me!

Howdy do!
YorkiesAreAmazing123
Scratcher
100+ posts

Athena hated deserts.

Absolutely hated them.
“It will be fun! It has lots of tropical spots and not to forget is very affordable to visit!”
Why did she ever listen to her husband?
Athena was thinking the same thing all across their honeymoon.
Ever since the wedding she already knew there was something wrong with him. The small ring, the lack of gifts, the cheap anniversary, she can't believe she had never realized that her husband was a penny-pinching knucklehead. Yet she married him, and now she had to act like she enjoyed this sense, after all, she did not want to annoy Shane, the person she had been dating for seven years.
Shane was a pretty cute guy in an “I got straight A's in high school and was on the debate team” kind of way. That was why she had dated him for so long. She could not deny the fact that he was the smartest guy she had ever dated and she wanted to marry him very much so!
She just always is annoyed by the lack of money he had.
Oh well.. I guess she should have not have expected too much money out of an orphan.

Hello there! My name is Nayeli and my pronouns are she/her ✌︎
Hi-fi ftw!
・・・・・・・・★
If you are just reading this for fun or want to know more about me, then either go do something better with your time or go on my profile and come have a chat with me!
Many use this space to describe themselves, but I have a hard time summarizing myself in just a few sentences.
Procrastinating? Set a timer for 10 minutes and start the task If you do that, then please go onto my profile and comment a sentence with the words “Sweet sweet victory” in it that includes what you did while imagining a famously known cartoon character in your country, possibly SpongeBob SquarePants, singing your comment. Trust me, if you do this, you will feel like you accomplished something important and be able to recall it when you go to sleep tonight.
camqfire-
Scratcher
50 posts

→ march first - 122 words
My heart thumped, pounding against my chest.
Sweat dripped down my skin.
My trainers slapped the hard track, going around in circles.
Thump. The finish line was in sight.
Thump. I was gaining speed.
Thump. Keep pushing.
I could only hear the blood roaring in my ears and the steady thump of my heartbeat.
I pushed onwards.
Another lap done.
Thump.
Another lap.
Thump.
Around and around.
Flags waving, the crowd rippling like a colourful ocean.
Their loud cheers echoed around the arena.
A ribbon came in sight.
I charged through it, ripping the strip of fabric apart.
The bright flashes as the cameras took my picture.
The microphones pushed in my face.
I let out a shaky breath.
I have won.

Admin Helper of TFCRP, CEO of DPRP, Admin of WCPM, OWoN, and plenty of other roleplays. I used to be active in the forums, but not so much anymore.

skywrites
Scratcher
70 posts

┌──❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚─┐

- sky's march 2022 files —

dailies
march 1
march 2
march 3

weeklies

in-cabin writing

other

└───❀*̥˚───❀*̥˚┘

Last edited by skywrites (March 4, 2022 01:39:40)

ᨒ-◭ POETRY IS THE MEANING OF LIFE CHANGE MY MIND <33 ◭-ᨒ
sky! ➸ she/her ➸ writer + artist ➸ pdt/pst timezone :] ➸ this is a swc acc >:00 ➸ stan these: ◭ᨒ◭ᨒ <3
ᨒ poetry will win and you know it. don't deny the truth. ᨒ #poetryftwppl!
DashingDiamonds
Scratcher
34 posts

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
Introduction
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛
You feel the cool breeze dancing upon your skin. The waves splash on the golden sand, and you can make out a cottage. The door opens, and you
see a girl with hair a jet black. She smiles kindly to you. “I see you have stumbled upon my home. You are free to stay as long as you want.”
Words come out of your mouth like popcorn “Who are you?”
“I'm Diamond. I see you have made it to the shores of mythology.” You now see the golden letters on the ground, spelling words Welcome to
mythology!
Diamond sighs, bringing you back to attention of her presence.
“You are wondering why I am here, aren't you?” she chided, “I am part of Diana's hideout, but I needed time out here to think.” Diamond motions for
you to join her inside. “Come in! I need someone to help me out!” You walk inside the hut, curious and excited to read another story.

╔═══════════════╗
Stats
╚═══════════════╝
1008/10000
Reserves: 0

╔═══════════════╗
Dailies
╚═══════════════╝
March 2nd!
March 3rd!
I did a bunch more but forgot to add it
March 15
March 22
March 25
March 28
╔═══════════════╗
Weeklies
╚═══════════════╝
Weekly 1
Weekly 3
╔═══════════════╗
Miscellaneous
╚═══════════════╝

Last edited by DashingDiamonds (Oct. 31, 2022 22:16:06)

--cherrykitty--
Scratcher
500+ posts

Daily - 1 March'22
Hi! on Scratch I'm mainly just called Cherry. This is my first time in SWC! I really love coding, drawing(although I really can't draw well), and of course writing. My favourite genres are Fantasy and Realistic fiction. Currently, I'm working on a book, Soul of the Night, for the SWC writing competition in my free time. I enjoy reading as that allows me to see the world from the eyes of someone else, and fiction is great for expressing the authors view of his/her experiences! Most of my writing will be Fiction, as I love creatively expressing myself, argumentative to me is… a bit boring(No offense meant). =P Feel free to read my writing, I will share as much of it as I can, and I look forward to seeing what others will write!

Daily - 2 March'22
Despite being born from one of the largest feuds between the world's greatest minds, I still shine ever so bright, lighting the path forward. Young minds with thousand year aspirations are able to chase their dreams with no limits. Even as the sun falls, the world remains ever so bright, because of me. You may not think much of me, but in fact, my existence contributed to the existence of your midnight study sessions. My abilities completely revolutionised Humans' relationship with time. In the past, we were at mercy of the sun, our schedules were at its mercy. With me though, humans are not able to unlock the valuable time at night, after the sun has left us for the night. Of course, with great power, comes great responsibility. As you toil, I stand at attention, in vigil with you. As your tired soul trudges through the work, I accompany you through it all, keeping darkness away, illuminating your domain, giving you the power to continue plodding through even as darkness sets in all around, cloaking us in a magically smooth sheet of black. The night draws on, you write your final words. I watch as you slowly close your eyes. Even as my light dimmed, I continued standing guard over you, ensuring that the dark will never devour you.
By now, you've likely guessed, I'm the lamp. Standing unnoticed throughout by day, I dutifully serve by night. No matter how much more there is to do, I will stay by your side, allowing you to stride on in my shower of bright. In troubling times, my light would help you sleep tight. Being the brainchild of 2 great inventors, I am dedicated to the cause of bringing even greater minds into this world. Even as the going gets tough, I fight on, because I know that you are tougher.

Daily - 3 March'22
My choices: stormcloud, chocolate cereal, damp fog
It was midnight. A damp fog hung over our town as I tossed and turned in bed. I just had a strange feeling in my bones that something interesting was about to happen, I was just unsure of what it really was. After all, what adventure can befall me in this sleepy village? With a everyday routine more rigid than the ancient oaks growing around, it wasn't exactly a place for excitement. At the twelfth stroke of the church bell, I heard a loud “whoosh” sound outside. Peering out of my window, I saw a mysterious glow. I felt a spark run through my body; finally, a break from the monotone of life. I leapt down the stairs in my nightgown, and burst out of the door, forgetting all about my parents' lectures on the importance of regularity.
I dashed towards the light, muttering a quick prayer as I neared it. In the closing distance, I could make out azure blue skies and lush plains shining through the portal.
I was seamlessly transported to another world, and as the portal slammed shut, I took in the stunning scenery around me. There was not a cloud in the sky, and the world around me looked young and innocent, not a sign of human pollution or development to be seen. I soon took notice of the sweet smell, almost too sweet. A sudden thought struck me: all these are made of food. The blades of grass were made of sugar, and the ground marzipan. The rivers were filled with ice-cream and the mud puddles were… chocolate cereal? Never have I ever seen such a large, clear green field, what's more, every bit of it was edible! Despite literally living in a fantasy, there was only 1 problem on my mind: How am I supposed to get out of here?!
Staying here would be nice and all, but it just really wasn't the same. My life has always been centered around my family, friends back home. We lived a humble life, but it was full of warmth, knowing that loved ones would be by your side, always. Now, faced with this dream world, it has never felt so lonely. The whole place was beautiful, but to have it all to myself, made it feel just as chilly as winter, even on a midsummer's day. I thought back on my past. Questioning if my thirst to break away was right.
Up till now, I have never left. Still trapped, and possibly to be for a long time to come. Confined, I ponder: is this where I belong?

Daily - 5 March'22
Looking out of the window,

Weekly - 3 March'22
Poetry
Visual poetry - Tennis
An Elderly
Couple playing
tennis The
ball crosses
left right
left right
As the
game ends
and they
leave The
net remains
between them

Twin Cinema - Silenced
Bite back your tongue without a word
stay hidden they are listening
that's the way to go do not question
follow as told or face consequences
know your place stay unnoticed
don't ask too much that's the best way

Twin Cinema - Lush Plains
Green grass engulfed in fire
against the night sky shining so bright
beautiful city
growing from destruction
naturally against nature

Acrostic - Heartstring
Heaving one final breath,
End is nearing.
Although he will never live to see,
Romeo can indeed be with Juliet.
Their bonds so deep even
Stars cannot set
Them apart.
Reality doesn't have to be
Ice-cold, sometimes,
Nobel, his heart of
Gold is felt even by the heavens.

Acrostic - Fluffy Dream
Full of hope, an ideal world.
Lightness,
Undoing the bonds of mortal life,
Fault,
Failure.
Yet it would come to an end.

Dancing in the
Realm of
Enchantments,
Any movement could appear
Magical.

Haiku - Winter
In the cold winter night
a small fire burns by the hearth
Orange in the horizon.

Prose Poetry - Google Meet Lessons
This was intentionally written without punctuation marks to show how a google meet lesson is generally very rushed and quite disorganised, with student and teacher quite out of sync.
“Class please turn to page 56 of your textbook Eva please mute your mic there are a lot of pupils in this meet where is your homework Yve what is this Masha put in more effort next time Yve show me your worksheet now Masha redo guys what is this you are all secondary 2 already why am I still saying this to your guys shouldn't you already know what is expected show me your homework now no not this page yes yes that page but why is there no close reading annotation is part of close reading but you cannot just annotate one line and say you close read the passage hai guys what are you doing please be more attentive next time go look at question 1 no not this worksheet the one I assigned you guys yesterday Wanwan what are you looking at what is so funny are you sure you are paying attention to the class please we only have one hour we need to make use of it more carefully next time now you see we only have 10 minutes left Eva mute your mic stop wasting time can we start going through the answers now”

Essay - How does Social Media impact youth today?
In this modern day and age, Social Media dictates a large part of our lives. For adults, it influences important decisions like who to vote for, or which company do they want to work in. Although youths don't vote in elections or look for jobs on LinkedIn, the impact can be just as large.

Firstly, Social Media is designed to get you on it, and keep you there. This will lead to the deterioration of real world relationships as more and more time is being dedicated to their phones. With a recent study showing that youths on average spend 4 hours a day on their phones, most of the time being on social media, it effectively takes up 1/4 of their waking lives. To achieve such an impressive usage, social media employ various tactics. One of them makes use of the human desire for unpredictability. As you scroll through your feed, it is like pulling the lever on a slot machine. The algorithm ensures that your feed is endlessly fed with random posts that they believe may capture your attention. As such, it keep many people scrolling for hours on end, thinking that they have a lot to catch up on, when in reality, their feed is endless, unless you can read every post on the social media ever, that is. This is not where the manipulation ends. Evan after wo close the app, the companies still have more tricks up their sleeve. Enter the Delayed Push notification. While intentionally delaying notifications may be counter-intuitive, it is actually a powerful tool that helps hook people on to Social Media. Getting many notifications at once makes us believe there is an activity spike, which is a lot more effective than just receiving 1 notification at a time. The endless feed along with timely bursts of Push notifications all contribute to the large amount of time youth are spending on Social Media.

Once the platform captures your attention, it is not ready to sell you, literally. On Social Media like Quora, there is an advertisement after every post, effectively comprising the page with 50% sponsored advertisements. Some platforms will tell you when the post is sponsored. But on many others, the responsibility falls on the individual influencer who may or may not clearly state their sponsors. This leads to naive youths having a very skewed perspective of the world. With their natural desire to fit into the trend, after seeing a few influencers with the same product, they are very likely to consider getting it themselves. Such a marketing gimmick is extremely effective, shown by how many of the current trends all stem from social media. There products will then be on their way to fame, at the cost of the youths' pockets.

Finally, social media is actually a great way for friends to catch up with one another, while there are many money or attention pits on Social Media, it is still a great place for social interaction if we are well protected. An example of a feature that allows us to do this is Instagram's friends only feature, allowing you to set your profile to be only viewable by friends. This will make the delayed push notification much less effective at grabbing our attention, and also reduces our pressure to fit in, since only our friends can see our posts, and real friends will not be so superficial. These functions will allow us to use Social Media instead of Social Media using us.

In conclusion, Social Media is a great tool to maintain communication especially during an pandemic like this. However, we also have to be self-disciplined as there are a lot of companies there vying for our attention. We must always remember that the life portrayed by influencers are usually very skewed, all they are doing is trying to tap into our pockets. That way, we can connect with our friends without having to connect to our neighbor's WiFi.

Script Writing
This was adapted from the scene of a story, where 4 kids with special powers, and also very unique illnesses have gathered to embark on a quest together, with their aim being to discover their purpose. I'm not very good at script writing, so please let me off if this is a little short…

ARION, ARIELLA, CULLEN and CYBELE are lying next to each other in the run down barn, eyes on the night sky above.

ARION
When are your birthdays?

ARIELLA, CULLEN, CYBELE
28 February 2006.

Stares at each other in surprise

ARION
I knew it, I was born on that day too. I bet we were born on the exact same moment as well.

Standing up, looking around at the others.

CYBELE
What do you mean?

Eyes ARION carefully

ARION
See, I have a theory for our existence. We were all born on the same day, and coincidentally, that was also the day Castor was to go supernova. We will not observe it for hundred million years to come, but, maybe souls are not constrained by spacetime, and hence…

Continues looking around and pauses at Cullen

CULLEN
Are you saying that we are born from star shards?

Eyes widening in surprise as he slowly comes to see the possibility of such a theory.

CYBELE
Woah… that's sooooo cool!

ARIELLA
If we were born from star shards, why are we so messed up then?

Everyone nods in agreement

ARION
Well, you can't deny the patterns, right? Besides, star souls probably aren't meant to land in human bodies, so… it may have brought something other than it's soul along with it? Something that the star could handle but we can't?

CULLEN
Or maybe the star couldn't handle it, or them either, that's why it died… either way, we better work things out fast. We are barely even human anymore, despite being in these bodies.

Hearing CULLEN's suggestion makes everyone feel uncomfortable. If there was another power so strong that it could even destroy a star, it would make short work of this body. Sensing the tension, ARION tries to rescue the situation.

ARION
Why not we all get some sleep?

Glad that someone broke the silence, everyone quickly lay down, considering the possibilities should ARION and CULLEN's theories be true.

Non-fiction
Nature, where life forms that seem to defy human constraints continue to thrive as we live each day in our urban world. Even as more and more species are being discovered each day, many also leave this world, never recorded. The damage a single species is causing to the ecosystem is unprecedented, never before seen. While humans have made many breakthroughs, many are at the cost of other life forms. In a bid to reduce our carbon footprint, governments around the world have made many policies, more efficient methods of energy production are also being used. However, despite our efforts, an average human being still has 4 tons of carbon footprint, a way more than ideal number.(WIP)

Daily - March 29
I got COVID for a week, so schoolwork started to pile up… I'm back to do the final Dailies though.. =)
In this daily, the character I chose to use Atalanta from my Writing Competition entry Voluntary Exile.

Life in the village was perfect, especially for us girls. Away from the constricting vines of the “Garden”, I could learn with my friends at school, and run around the woods after. The feeling of wind rushing through my hair, blowing the sweat droplets off my face. As I ran past berry bushes I would pick a few to bring back home to our village, dessert for the day. With the sun setting, I would return to the village feeling more alive than ever. Tearing through the bushes, I felt a sense of euphoria, drive to go on, a sense that my existence had a purpose. Occasionally, we would go hunting, usually only for special events that called for meat to be served. Nature protects us, and hence we must protect nature. We are all a part of the delicate ecosystem alongside the animals, they are no less living things than us. Hence, before every hunting session, we would always ask mother nature for her permission, apologise for taking lives, and finally set out on the hunt. I was allowed as large a part as any of the men as we venture out together. I darted among the trees with similar agility, archery just as accurate, traps just as elusive. Just because I was a girl, it didn't make me any less of a hunter. Each time I scored a kill on game, I wondered why city girls weren't given similar opportunities as men. We may be different, but certainly not inferior.
A typical day for me starts at daybreak. Waking up at 5, I went on my way to school. Our school emphasised physical fitness just as much as mental capability, both genders being treated equally in either aspect. Running was usually how the physical training begun, followed by simple exercises, and usually a short game. School would then serve breakfast at around 7, as the sun slowly rises from it's own slumber. Being given an hour to go clean up and get breakfast, we would usually sit around clearings, watching the sky fade from coral pink into light orange and slowly into azure blue. Then, at 8, the teachers would fetch us back to the classrooms to being the lessons for the day. Since we didn't really have full time teachers, the schedule of each day largely depended on the availability of individual teachers. Despite this rather haphazard arrangement, lessons were taken with the utmost formality. Although we have split off from the city, the adults felt that we were no less a civilization and hence, we must be taught well, for us to bring the village further in future.
After the last teacher dismisses us, I would dash out the door and back home to complete my homework. I knew that it was a privilege to study, and must take every opportunity to further myself. Of course, some birds are never meant to be caged. After my homework, I would certainly go out for a run, to experience the freedom of the wild.
Finally, I would return at sunset for a shower, and have dinner with my fellow villagers, watching the sky slowly fade into darkness, signaling the end of yet another wonderful day.

Last edited by --cherrykitty-- (March 29, 2022 14:02:10)

There is more siggy after this! Highlight this and hit shift+down

Hi, I am –cherrykitty–!

Although I may seem new, I've actually been on the offline editor for some time already.

Feel free to ask me any questions on my profile!

I am working at a couple shops.

And I am now on a few collabs!
Online cloud quiz creator

Onscratch-a scratch social media