Discuss Scratch

TheSqueakyOtter
Scratcher
500+ posts

beepbox.co

MicrosoftDos wrote:

kinda forgot about beepbox for a couple months but i might be back.. (if cadets doesn't overlap)
finale

Hi.

I like otters, dogs, cephalopods, stingrays, space, fungi, countries, planetballs and countryballs.

The-Sectortions
New Scratcher
43 posts

beepbox.co

VanLalLian wrote:

https://www.beepbox.co/#9n20sbk0l00e02t2ca7g02j07r1i0o33T7v0u07f22l32m4q013d04HU70U0000000000h0IeE0T7v0u07f22l32m4q013d04HU70U0000000000h0IeE0b4w4wp21JFBOh1i5dldldldldldlcBjljljljljljljljABdldldldldldldlcBjljljljljljljli1jhV8wGqqqqqpe2FFFFFFOiOCCCCCChwqqqqqqg0
respectfully, are some of these songs in like some kind of ai generated format? im not accusing you of anything and i don't really think its ai generated but ykwim.
chase_is_cool99
Scratcher
100+ posts

beepbox.co

The-Sectortions wrote:

VanLalLian wrote:

https://www.beepbox.co/#9n20sbk0l00e02t2ca7g02j07r1i0o33T7v0u07f22l32m4q013d04HU70U0000000000h0IeE0T7v0u07f22l32m4q013d04HU70U0000000000h0IeE0b4w4wp21JFBOh1i5dldldldldldlcBjljljljljljljljABdldldldldldldlcBjljljljljljljli1jhV8wGqqqqqpe2FFFFFFOiOCCCCCChwqqqqqqg0
respectfully, are some of these songs in like some kind of ai generated format? im not accusing you of anything and i don't really think its ai generated but ykwim.
I reviewed about 10 of their songs. They all use a minor key and use tonic, flat 7, flat 6, 5th chord progression. some of them are in the “key” of e flat and some are in e, with a few not in either one. There is what looks to be some copy pasted patterns, but there is creativity in the percussion and some patterns have mistakes or oddities, like this one having a weird atonal instrument and strange sus voicings of chords, indicating that this isn't an AI. Also, he has this project with eight different short loops of their songs, so my search wasn't even neccesary to determine if it was an AI. They also have weird things about “uncanny blocks”, so I looked it up and it's some strange horror version about that number blocks show. It reminds me of a Roblox game, or something like it.

Overall, my final guess is…

some young kid found BeepBox (possibly through this forum), looked up one guitar chord progression tutorial, and decided to only make his own music for his “number blocks” projects, as they required a large amount of music for each project.

I doubt they actually care about making music, but I can't figure out why they keep posting their things here. They obviously don't want feedback, as they ignore everything we've said to them, including my kind message in the beginning. I wonder if they find us making a fuss about this funny, or if they just think posting it here is necessary for some reason, or what.

I think we should just report him if he keeps doing it after this post. @VanLalLian, if you see this, please know that this is spam and makes this forum uglier to use and to look at. People use this forum to get feedback and praise for their music that they put lots of hard work into, and having stuff like this defiles the forum and makes its quality worse. There is no point or uniqueness to your posts anymore. Please stop or change for the better.

TheSqueakyOtter
Scratcher
500+ posts

beepbox.co

chase_is_cool99 wrote:

The-Sectortions wrote:

VanLalLian wrote:

I reviewed about 10 of their songs. They all use a minor key and use tonic, flat 7, flat 6, 5th chord progression. some of them are in the “key” of e flat and some are in e, with a few not in either one. There is what looks to be some copy pasted patterns, but there is creativity in the percussion and some patterns have mistakes or oddities, like this one having a weird atonal instrument and strange sus voicings of chords, indicating that this isn't an AI. Also, he has this project with eight different short loops of their songs, so my search wasn't even neccesary to determine if it was an AI. They also have weird things about “uncanny blocks”, so I looked it up and it's some strange horror version about that number blocks show. It reminds me of a Roblox game, or something like it.

some young kid found BeepBox (possibly through this forum), looked up one guitar chord progression tutorial, and decided to only make his own music for his “number blocks” projects, as they required a large amount of music for each project.

I doubt they actually care about making music, but I can't figure out why they keep posting their things here. They obviously don't want feedback, as they ignore everything we've said to them, including my kind message in the beginning. I wonder if they find us making a fuss about this funny, or if they just think posting it here is necessary for some reason, or what.

I think we should just report him if he keeps doing it after this post. @VanLalLian, if you see this, please know that this is spam and makes this forum uglier to use and to look at. People use this forum to get feedback and praise for their music that they put lots of hard work into, and having stuff like this defiles the forum and makes its quality worse. There is no point or uniqueness to your posts anymore. Please stop or change for the better.
i completely agree

Hi.

I like otters, dogs, cephalopods, stingrays, space, fungi, countries, planetballs and countryballs.

Crow_Boy08
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

Spaceship

Last edited by Crow_Boy08 (May 28, 2024 23:52:55)

<OUO> :: motion  // this is gary he protects my siggy from evil kumquats 

(( ( •) ) _ (( •))    :: #000000   // this is Michael incase gary cant defeat the kumquats
Post your fakemon! (I would like to see your fanmade pokemon)
bring back the uploads image host
Website
Please post on fakemon forum.
BFAVRH 1
684pika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

chase_is_cool99 wrote:

I think we should just report him if he keeps doing it after this post.
After this? I've been reporting for spam.

CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN

if you could give me an internet, that'd be great, but it's up to you.

i make music on the beepbox forum

At The Piano Shop, we provide you with quality musical services done by music-lover Scratchers!
The Piano Shop is a shop owned by @seg-leinad which focuses on music. Nowadays, we need staff, so please apply if you're willing to share your music skills with others!

Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.

I hang around the forums a lot.

Musician - panromantic - 13 - 8th grade - Gifted - bored - The Beatles - other 60's bands - Manager of the Official Beatles Fan Club!! - idk what else to say. if you have something else for me to put in here lemme know on my profile comments.

hi

The-Sectortions
New Scratcher
43 posts

beepbox.co

chase_is_cool99 wrote:

The-Sectortions wrote:

VanLalLian wrote:

agreed.
chase_is_cool99
Scratcher
100+ posts

beepbox.co

-TwentyFour- wrote:

What should I name this song?
dunno, it's giving me a sense of joy but also a sense of outburst or something
my best attempt would be “wonder” or something

k0d3rrr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

-TwentyFour- wrote:

What should I name this song?
“Golden Sunset”.

Last edited by k0d3rrr (May 28, 2024 11:05:00)

this https://scratch.mit.edu

This is my signature. It is a small piece of text that appears below
every post I make. In my signature, I can include quotes, images, and even Scratch blocks.

define k0d3rrr
coding since [2019 v] :: #f18800 // The lowest year you can select is 2007, which was when Scratch was released.
favourite Scratch version: [3.0 v]:: #f18800
second favourite Scratch version: [1.4 v]:: #f18800

And now, some words of forum wisdom (which may or may not be controversial):
“What's the point of telling people not to post on your topic, if they are still going to post on your topic anyway?” - k0d3rrr
“If you are writing a story or creating a character roleplay for a Scratch studio, shouldn't it go in either Collaboration or Show and Tell instead of Things I'm Making and Creating?” - k0d3rrr
82hw72vsb
Scratcher
100+ posts

beepbox.co

First part of a very long song. Listen here.

Generation 382: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
chase_is_cool99
Scratcher
100+ posts

beepbox.co

I needed something that sounded cursed for a game, yet still sounded like music. Kind of like Your Best Nightmare.
I think I did ok.

Last edited by chase_is_cool99 (May 29, 2024 20:54:32)

snipop
Scratcher
1 post

beepbox.co

\

Last edited by snipop (May 30, 2024 15:01:18)

684pika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

chase_is_cool99 wrote:

I needed something that sounded cursed for a game, yet still sounded like music. Kind of like Your Best Nightmare.
I think I did ok.
You did well!

CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN

At The Piano Shop, we provide you with quality musical services done by music-lover Scratchers!
The Piano Shop is a shop owned by @seg-leinad which focuses on music. Nowadays, we need staff, so please apply if you're willing to share your music skills with others!

Musician - panromantic - 13 - 8th grade - Gifted - bored - The Beatles - other 60's bands - Manager of the Official Beatles Fan Club!! - idk what else to say. if you have something else for me to put in here lemme know on my profile comments.

hi

TheSqueakyOtter
Scratcher
500+ posts

beepbox.co

chase_is_cool99 wrote:

I think I did ok.
i think that just sounds very weird, not quite cursed. It would help if there was less reverb, and parts of it were in major, but you've got the dissonance, and higher tempo and an amen break/fast random drums would help as well. (also sorry if i offended you)

Hi.

Crow_Boy08
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

chase_is_cool99 wrote:

I think I did ok.
Feels like teeth.

Also.

PARTAY

<OUO> :: motion  // this is gary he protects my siggy from evil kumquats 

(( ( •) ) _ (( •))    :: #000000   // this is Michael incase gary cant defeat the kumquats
Post your fakemon! (I would like to see your fanmade pokemon)
bring back the uploads image host
Website
Please post on fakemon forum.
BFAVRH 1
LuigiLuckyPlumber
Scratcher
500+ posts

beepbox.co

yuh chat hi llp here

idk there's so many good new beepbox mods now
is there like a newer one that focuses on samples

Grometry dash
684pika
Scratcher
1000+ posts

beepbox.co

LuigiLuckyPlumber wrote:

yuh chat hi llp here

idk there's so many good new beepbox mods now
is there like a newer one that focuses on samples
ultraabox kinda does every thing but it's highlight (at least to me) is samples

CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN

hi

chase_is_cool99
Scratcher
100+ posts

beepbox.co

TheSqueakyOtter wrote:

chase_is_cool99 wrote:

I think I did ok.
i think that just sounds very weird, not quite cursed. It would help if there was less reverb, and parts of it were in major, but you've got the dissonance, and higher tempo and an amen break/fast random drums would help as well. (also sorry if i offended you)
nah honestly I don't really like it much it just is detuned, no offense taken