W1-F1
Scratcher
100+ posts

[Distro Links in OP] Linux, Software and Support

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

W1-F1 wrote:

Redstone1080 wrote:

BreadcatGames wrote:

Does anyone else here play Xonotic? It's an open-source shooter that runs on linux.
Will it run with integrated graphics on a Core 2 Duo from 2006?
2009 core 2 duo here!
How are you running an operating system at this point? What are the rest of your specs, and what OS do you use?
I have an iMac Early 2009 that was running Mac OS X 10.11.6 before. I have dualbooted it with Linux Mint 21.1 Vera Cinnamon Edition.
Specs:
Intel© Core™2 Duo CPU E8335 @ 2.93GHz × 2.
NVIDIA Corporation G96 gpu with 256 mb vram.
4 gigabyte DDR3 Ram (forgot ram speeds :p).
Original WD 650 gb Sata Harddisk
1200px 24 inch build in screen.

Last edited by W1-F1 (June 27, 2023 16:54:11)

My 100th post!

Currently learning PHP!

I'm back and on the road to 100 posts!
TerminalStore is kinda dead lol
Try TerminalStore!
W1-F1
Scratcher
100+ posts

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

W1-F1 wrote:

Redstone1080 wrote:

BreadcatGames wrote:

Does anyone else here play Xonotic? It's an open-source shooter that runs on linux.
Will it run with integrated graphics on a Core 2 Duo from 2006?
2009 core 2 duo here!
How are you running an operating system at this point? What are the rest of your specs, and what OS do you use?
Well windows 7 is a good operating system that can run on that processor.
(iGPU suck)
Its better to run linux. The computer im using is an iMac (early 2009. Specs in my 3th post in this topic), so i need to use bootcamp. And Win7 is unsupported so it gets no security updates. I dualbooted Mac OS X 10.11.6 with Linux Mint 21.1 Vera Cinnamon Edition, and iḿ using linux as main OS right now.
EDIT: If you realy want to run windows, use 8.1 (64 bit) or win10 32 bit.

Last edited by W1-F1 (June 27, 2023 17:00:35)

My 100th post!

Currently learning PHP!

I'm back and on the road to 100 posts!
TerminalStore is kinda dead lol
Try TerminalStore!
knotrocket
Scratcher
18 posts

EveryPizza wrote:

Does anyone use UserLand or Termux on Android? (i have and use both)
I've used Ternux a little, not that much though.
knotrocket
Scratcher
18 posts

W1-F1 wrote:

If you realy want to run windows, use 8.1
I thought that's also unsupported now.
EveryPizza
Scratcher
100+ posts

knotrocket wrote:

EveryPizza wrote:

Does anyone use UserLand or Termux on Android? (i have and use both)
I've used Ternux a little, not that much though.
Yeah, it's kind of inconvinent (especially in a car (said from experience (famous last words)))

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

i have pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis and hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

Why do people use Fedora
god286
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@ajskateboarder I use fedora on my school laptop because it is fast and awesome

Here are some of my followers!

I joined: 5 years, 9 months, 24 days ago (31/03/2018)
I have: 479 followers
In total, I have attained: 1,403 loves, 1,145 favourites, and 33,731 views.
Fun Fact: If my account continued to gain followers at a similar rate to right now, in 14,210 years I would reach the number of followers griffpatch has today! Try to imagine how many followers he would have then!
Thank you everyone!
Script created by god286.
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ajskateboarder wrote:

Why do people use Fedora

I used Fedora as my first distro because everyone told me to

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ajskateboarder wrote:

Bump

Why do people use Fedora
It fits my needs, and is faster than Ubuntu

Check out Leo's adventure
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

LegoManiac04
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ajskateboarder wrote:

Why do people use Fedora
If I installed Linux I would go for Fedora, because in my experience it's like a cross between OpenSUSE and Ubuntu without the bloat.

PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm trying out CorePlus right now. Watching it load and shutdown is the most entertaining thing ever.

Fun fact: If you have malware on a Windows NT device, it's possible that deleting system32 will severely damage the malware. It will also damage your Windows install.

Help keep this topic alive!

The rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat attacked by a terrible president who ate my banana shot down this signature instead of shooting down the TikTok Cell Tower white balloon that probably had a camera bundled with it.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1isnZw.img?w=800&h=435&q=60&m=2&f=jpg
applejuiceproduc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PPPDUD wrote:

I'm trying out CorePlus right now. Watching it load and shutdown is the most entertaining thing ever.
1. You probably are just making this up.
2. If not, you probably made a silly mistake when setting it up.
3. You probably shouldn't use coreplus, try linux mint instead.

A signature
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PPPDUD wrote:

How so?

applejuiceproduc wrote:

CorePlus and Mint are not really comparable. CorePlus is an intentionally minimal OS for netbooks and old computers, while Mint is a fully featured OS
applejuiceproduc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ajskateboarder wrote:

PPPDUD wrote:

How so?

applejuiceproduc wrote:

CorePlus and Mint are not really comparable. CorePlus is an intentionally minimal OS for netbooks and old computers, while Mint is a fully featured OS
what i mean is, pppdud is using coreplus to test out linux (probably intentionally to make linux look bad), when they should probably use linux mint. If the computer can run like windows 7 it can probably run mint.

A signature
PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Update: I accidentally installed a corrupted version of abiword, so I'm nuking my VM.

Fun fact: If you have malware on a Windows NT device, it's possible that deleting system32 will severely damage the malware. It will also damage your Windows install.

The rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat attacked by a terrible president who ate my banana shot down this signature instead of shooting down the TikTok Cell Tower white balloon that probably had a camera bundled with it.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1isnZw.img?w=800&h=435&q=60&m=2&f=jpg
PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Linux = Dell
Context

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PPPDUD wrote:

Linux = Dell
Context
What is that even supposed to mean? That's just an image of the Dell Twitter getting roasted.

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PPPDUD wrote:

Linux = Dell
Context
How
PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

As part of my forums improvement operation, I'm reporting for all of the Linux topics (including this one) to be merged into a single topic.

If you would like more innovation like this, please vote for me on the Advanced Topics Directory 4000 so that I can make the forums a better place!

PoIygon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PPPDUD wrote:

(#919)
As part of my forums improvement operation,
This is not for the whole entire scratch forum, its only for the ATs. This is the most irrelevant forum on here.

PPPDUD wrote:

(#919)
I'm reporting for all of the Linux topics (including this one) to be merged into a single topic.
Instead of them being merged just say to the Scratch Team to close the one made by Magic and say to everyone to continue in the older topic made in 2013.

PPPDUD wrote:

(#919)
If you would like more innovation like this, please vote for me on the Advanced Topics Directory 4000 so that I can make the forums a better place!
This is not innovation. Its just called being a decent human being and making the Scratch Team notice that the ATs is not big enough for the 2 of them.