Discuss Scratch

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

IDontNoWatIAm wrote:

(#2261)

NFlex23 wrote:

I like the new weather thingy on the left of the taskbar.

Does the weather part get pushed to the right like windows 10 if you set the taskbar to the left
No, it merges with the rest of the taskbar:

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

NFlex23 wrote:

IDontNoWatIAm wrote:

(#2261)

NFlex23 wrote:

Does the weather part get pushed to the right like windows 10 if you set the taskbar to the left
Can you turn it off though?

Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

kccuber wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

IDontNoWatIAm wrote:

(#2261)

NFlex23 wrote:

Can you turn it off though?
yes.
it does killing 1 gb of net bruh

Last edited by -ElectronicArts- (Feb. 21, 2022 01:56:43)

god286
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

mybearworld wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Either Firefox is good at setting itself as the default browser, or when I upgraded from Windows 10 the default apps transferred.
Firefox can set itself to the default browser easily, but it doesn't without your permission
Microsoft disabled that thing which allowed Firefox to use Edge API

Here are some of my followers!

I joined: 5 years, 9 months, 24 days ago (31/03/2018)
I have: 479 followers
In total, I have attained: 1,403 loves, 1,145 favourites, and 33,731 views.
Fun Fact: If my account continued to gain followers at a similar rate to right now, in 14,210 years I would reach the number of followers griffpatch has today! Try to imagine how many followers he would have then!
Thank you everyone!
Script created by god286.
HeHeTeeHeeHee
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

kccuber wrote:

mybearworld wrote:

I can open 1,5 KB files now in notepad without it crashing!
I'm aware that that's not much, but tell that legacy notepad
honestly i just used vscode to open those big files without issues

vs code to open files with sentences and words in them (basically anything not code)??

HeHeTeeHeeHee wrote:

i'm brain dead aren't i
i usually use advanced topics or help with scripts but sometimes i can be found in things i'm playing and reading
ideapad-320
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

HeHeTeeHeeHee wrote:

kccuber wrote:

mybearworld wrote:

vs code to open files with sentences and words in them (basically anything not code)??
yes it can open plaintext files.

This is my siggy.
Can't wait for FRC water game!
-EmeraldThunder-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

ideapad-320 wrote:

(#2267)

HeHeTeeHeeHee wrote:

kccuber wrote:

mybearworld wrote:

yes it can open plaintext files.
It can open any file as long as you've got a reader plug-in for it.

Nothing here.
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

-EmeraldThunder- wrote:

You don't technically need an extension to open a file it doesn't recognize, but it will be displayed as plain text.

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
HeHeTeeHeeHee
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

Maximouse wrote:

-EmeraldThunder- wrote:

You don't technically need an extension to open a file it doesn't recognize, but it will be displayed as plain text.

Lol, when I was new to VS code I did that all the time!

HeHeTeeHeeHee wrote:

i'm brain dead aren't i
i usually use advanced topics or help with scripts but sometimes i can be found in things i'm playing and reading
NanoRook
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

NanoRook wrote:

(#2247)

skymover1239 wrote:

HeHeTeeHeeHee wrote:

Should I start using linux? I'm not one to stick with an operating system and I'm getting sick of Windows 10 lol, so should I upgrade to Windows 11, stick with Windows 10, or just use Linux?
I would recommend trying Linux. Linux is much, much more efficient than Windows.

More efficient because nothing supports Linux. There are many programs people use daily that are still Windows only.
Are you blaming Linux…
Or the lazy developers?

It's all tied up in a loop…
Developers don't make software for Linux because it's not popular
People don't use Linux because of software support.

And because of massive platform fragmentation. It's not lazy, it's called being practical. Smaller developers do not have the time or resources to test programs on an OS that they may not have any technical experience with.

How do you suppose people break this cycle, anyhow? By writing programs for a platform that will probably forever remain a minority of the OS market?

Last edited by NanoRook (Feb. 22, 2022 20:35:21)

I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!! JOIN THE PURPLE COALITION TODAY IF YOU ALSO LOVE BEING PURPLE. PURPLE IS THE NEW BLUE! PURPLE IS THE SUPERIOR NAVBAR COLOR! YYYEAAHHHHH BABY!!!!

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

NanoRook wrote:

(#2271)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

NanoRook wrote:

(#2247)

skymover1239 wrote:

HeHeTeeHeeHee wrote:

Should I start using linux? I'm not one to stick with an operating system and I'm getting sick of Windows 10 lol, so should I upgrade to Windows 11, stick with Windows 10, or just use Linux?
I would recommend trying Linux. Linux is much, much more efficient than Windows.

More efficient because nothing supports Linux. There are many programs people use daily that are still Windows only.
Are you blaming Linux…
Or the lazy developers?

It's all tied up in a loop…
Developers don't make software for Linux because it's not popular
People don't use Linux because of software support.

And because of massive platform fragmentation. It's not lazy, it's called being practical. Smaller developers do not have the time or resources to test programs on an OS that they may not have any technical experience with.

How do you suppose people break this cycle, anyhow? By writing programs for a platform that will probably forever remain a minority of the OS market?
“forever”? Really? Did Apple forever remain a small computer company? No! Stuff like that, nothing is forever, forever is nothing. Nothing is *literally* forever things change. It's not being practical, it's refusing to accept that Linux CAN be usable for EVERYONE. People just refuse to make it that way by not writing software. Break the loop by HELPING the darn OS become NOT a minority of the OS market.

LegoManiac04
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

it's refusing to accept that Linux CAN be usable for EVERYONE
Or we could just accept that it's not for everyone and people have the freedom to use Windows or MacOS if they so choose.

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

LegoManiac04 wrote:

(#2273)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Or we could just accept that it's not for everyone and people have the freedom to use Windows or MacOS if they so choose.
Yeah but you can't just complain about Windows and all it's issues and not consider other options…

HeHeTeeHeeHee
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

Maximouse wrote:

-EmeraldThunder- wrote:

If its just plain text than why not use Notepad?

HeHeTeeHeeHee wrote:

i'm brain dead aren't i
HeHeTeeHeeHee
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

I think the reason people don't use Linux is because either it doesn't support the programs they want/need or they just don't feel like using a operating system that is made for people with knowledge on computers.

Last edited by HeHeTeeHeeHee (Feb. 24, 2022 13:22:03)

HeHeTeeHeeHee wrote:

i'm brain dead aren't i
HeHeTeeHeeHee
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

But with that being said ^^, why can't everyone use Linux?! I generally use Windows if possible, and ChromeOS for school (with Linux disabled because my school blocked it, sadly )

I still know how to use Linux and if your on Chromebook looking to download stuff that you shouldn't be downloading on chromebook than try using the built in Linux VM.

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Last edited by HeHeTeeHeeHee (Feb. 24, 2022 13:23:46)

HeHeTeeHeeHee wrote:

i'm brain dead aren't i
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

HeHeTeeHeeHee wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

-EmeraldThunder- wrote:

VS Code has more text editing features.

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
NanoRook
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

HeHeTeeHeeHee wrote:

But with that being said ^^, why can't everyone use Linux?! I generally use Windows if possible, and ChromeOS for school (with Linux disabled because my school blocked it, sadly )

I still know how to use Linux and if your on Chromebook looking to download stuff that you shouldn't be downloading on chromebook than try using the built in Linux VM.

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

“Using Linux is literally impractical at best and actively detrimental at worst to a lot of people, but why don't people force themselves to use Linux anyways!?”

This is how your post reads.

Maximouse wrote:

HeHeTeeHeeHee wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

-EmeraldThunder- wrote:

VS Code has more text editing features.

VSCode also just has a really nice interface that's enjoyable to use and pretty easy to learn for most basic functions.

Last edited by NanoRook (Feb. 24, 2022 19:39:37)

I LOVE BEING PURPLE!!!! JOIN THE PURPLE COALITION TODAY IF YOU ALSO LOVE BEING PURPLE. PURPLE IS THE NEW BLUE! PURPLE IS THE SUPERIOR NAVBAR COLOR! YYYEAAHHHHH BABY!!!!

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

Heavily off topic here, this is for Windows 11. Not Linux or IDEs (there's topics for those), although I must admit its kinda my fault.

HeHeTeeHeeHee
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Windows 11 Topic

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Heavily off topic here, this is for Windows 11. Not Linux or IDEs (there's topics for those), although I must admit its kinda my fault.

lol weren't you one of the people (along with myself and a few others) debating about the practicality of Linux and why it is unpopular

also lemme try to bring this on topic again:
what is your favorite bug to (ab)use in Windows 11?

Last edited by HeHeTeeHeeHee (Feb. 24, 2022 23:37:40)

HeHeTeeHeeHee wrote:

i'm brain dead aren't i