Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » The United Shops of Scratch | Join today, get perks and benefits for your shop! | Accepting shops big and small! (T&C apply) [RSS Feed]
NotDucki_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch | Join today, get perks and benefits for your shop! | Accepting shops big and small! (T&C apply)

DorkyQueen98 wrote:

p.s all your links don't work, not some
I quoted the OP and looked for links that weren't place holders, History, Perks, Members, Staff Stuff, and the Official Studio links work properly. The rest of the links are placeholders. Just thought I'd state which ones worked as of right now.

Semi Active moment
Oshi No Ko - Topic vv

That moment when you got PENTA-NINJA'D dustbinned D:
Highlight this text and press CTRL Shift Down and please tell me what post this was from

spocite wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

bobcat0701 wrote:

we could just ask gobo scratch cat and griffpatch to force the st to add these in because gobo scratch cat and griffpatch rule the world
You would be surprised to hear that they do not. Even Scratch Cat has to discuss features with us to make sure they're good — it's called the Scratch Team, after all.

Yeah, but we all know griffpatch secretly runs the scratch team; I mean, he’s GRIFFPATCH. It would be outright dumb to not have griffpatch on the team. But, since it’s impossible for a human to make such good projects, it has to be either Scratch Cat, Gobo, Pico, and the other one. It has to be Scratch Cat, because the other one is too obscure, Pico is to busy making records, and Gobo is, well, Gobo. So, Scratch Cat in fact DOES have all the power, and the scratch team is a hoax made by NASA to distract from the fact that the moon landing was fake, the earth is flat, the government is run by lizard people, and spocite is a serial killer.

Furthermore, all the “Scratch Team members” are also fake. I mean, @Paddle2See is a robot designed to reject suggestions, @Za-Chary is, well, he might be held hostage by Gobo, I have no idea about him… All the rest though, they’re just actors…
RSriram2010
Scratcher
500+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch | Join today, get perks and benefits for your shop! | Accepting shops big and small! (T&C apply)

RSriram2010 wrote:

Username: RSriram2010
Shop name: Cloud Blue General Shop
Shop link: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/486068/
Shop banner (link only): https://u.cubeupload.com/olliehazel9/CloudBlue.png
Shop Description: We sell nearly everything you need - from help with scripts, to banners and pfps, to ideas and reviews! We will soon also provide a sound library, image hosting, and voice acting.
Staff members: Me, KokichiUchiha, Lily-Lavender, and spcoding10
Other info: None

W O A H there was no shortage of shops there.
I’ll get to you all eventually, but not now. I’m gonna save it for later and add you guys when I can, I’m a bit busy now.
Ok, thanks!

Last edited by RSriram2010 (Feb. 19, 2021 15:13:38)

I'm not really active on forums anymore…
p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Should I do a check?

New!
Albraa60
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Register your shop
- - - - -
Username:Albraa60
Shop name:The Night Wolf
Shop link:https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/486207/?page=1#post-4904176
Shop banner (link only):https://u.cubeupload.com/Albraa60/NightWolf.png
Shop Description:Well….After Working With a lot of shops.. i learned something….
That They Focus On the Details….Go the extra mile…Work In Different
Style….But here…We Focus On the Smallest Details…We Work For you
In The Style You Want… We Want a Smile On your…Face…It's Always
Good To Hear you Happy…

Staff members:2 , Albraa60 ,
Other info:None

Albraa60 is not here for you; he left the forums.

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MClovers wrote:

Eyyy, Austinato congrats on 6k posts!
Thank you!

-CloudGate- wrote:

ok, thanks for the info, but it would be better to give more benefits.
Definitely. Feel free to give us any feedback/ideas!

p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p-p- wrote:

Should I do a check?
If you want to! We did miss the one for around February 1, but it's up to you how you want to handle this!

Application responses are coming soon.

7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Long post.

I don't think 78ch3 has officially accepted some shop applications, so I'll help take care of them from page 3 and onwards. With this new era of federation leadership (and my return to participating in it), I'm messing around with formatting responses to applications. Feel free to provide feedback on how I format this post.

Below are all the applications since the middle of page 3:

DorkyQueen98 wrote:

Application for Dorky's Shop!!
Staff members: Our shop is still small, I rather not mention the employees as I have no idea if it counts as “name and shame”
Congratulations, your shop's application has been accepted! Since 78ch3 owns and operates the member list post, you might have to wait for your shop to be added there. Regardless, you're still in the federation starting now and if you have any questions/comments, feel free to post them!

Regarding your question about the staff members question in the application, you are allowed to share employee names if you wish. Although you don't have to, it does not qualify as “naming and shaming.” After all, is it bad that they work for your shop? For clarification, that website rule only applies if you're sharing their name when they did something wrong.

--Sunny_Bunny-- wrote:

Application for Warm & Cozi Aesthetics
Congratulations, your shop's application has been accepted! Since 78ch3 owns and operates the member list post, you might have to wait for your shop to be added there. Regardless, you're still in the federation starting now and if you have any questions/comments, feel free to post them!

I just want to add that I like your shop's banner!

RSriram2010 wrote:

Application for Cloud Blue General Shop

KokichiUchiha wrote:

Application for BBProjectiles

Albraa60 wrote:

Application for The Night Wolf
Shop Description:Well….After Working With a lot of shops.. i learned something….
Good To Hear you Happy…

Regarding your shop's description, that might be too long for the members list post, but we'll see.

7500+ posts (19th)
MClovers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What are the perks/benefits we have available now? It'd be good to review and come up with new ones to help more shops.

President of Scratch ShopBux
Ihatr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Username: Ihatr
Shop name: Ihatr's Images
Shop link: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/477407/
Shop banner (link only): https://assets.scratch.mit.edu/269c30d830f67060cd9751f32b54dc01.png
Shop Description: Quality Image hosting on all the best websites!
Staff members: Ihatr, Rendangbike2, leahcimto, Chiroyce, LankyBox01, -CloudGate- mysterious-neutron
Other info:

Last edited by Ihatr (Feb. 21, 2021 00:14:09)

this is a link
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MClovers wrote:

What are the perks/benefits we have available now? It'd be good to review and come up with new ones to help more shops.
Yeah, this is something that we should definitely look into. I was going to bring it up earlier, but let's start talking about it now!

Based on the OP, we help shops with “endorsement, order completion, marketing/promotion, and representation.” I'm not exactly sure how the endorsement part works; perhaps we can allow shops to use some sort of seal indicating that its quality and efficiency is approved by the USS? As for order completion, you may already know that it's a concept that we've tried to implement as far back as during my tenure as owner of the USS. I'm not sure how efficient it works; if I recall correctly, we only got a few (if any) of these “inter-shop orders.” Perhaps moving forward we can just mention that if a shop can't accept an order for whatever reason, they can refer a user to another shop in the USS.

The last two I also have things to say. For marketing/promotion, I'll admit that shops don't really earn much promotion from being a member of our federation. I may have brought this up in the past (during the transitional period), but what if we used our member list (or list of shops with our seal of approval) as some sort of directory of shops with proven good quality and efficiency? In this scenario, creating a separate list for shops with the seal of USS approval can help prevent this directory from being indifferent to what you can find just by clicking on the Request forums. I actually kind of want to go through with this idea.

As for representation, maybe we can reword the OP to say that “by becoming a member of our federation, we can guarantee that your opinions and feedback are heard.”

There's an additional benefit that may already be a given but I actually mentioned in my response to -CloudGate-; we offer help to shops that are seeking support or feedback for their services. This can be help with designing a banner, improving their efficiency, or even considering mergers with other shops.

—–

Ihatr wrote:

Application for Ihatr's Images

I just want to add that this is an interesting service that you're offering!

I also want to add that I've previously checked out your "#SimplifyShops" project/campaign and I think it's something that we can consider implementing into the USS. By that I mean encouraging our shops to simplify their ordering process, and maybe even make our application process a bit more open-ended (although the latter might be unnecessary; almost everything that we ask in our application is necessary for a complete entry in the members list, after all.) Either way, I'm glad to welcome you and your shop as a whole as members of our federation!

7500+ posts (19th)
78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jeez, this is becoming popular.
I’ll add in more soon. It's a bit of an odd process to try and add things, but I might change up the form to make it easier for me.

Sup, I’m 78ch3, person on the internet, TBGForums Member, owner of 78ch3's Everything Shop™ + The United Shops Of Scratch + Scratch Shop Reviewers Federation, and a very lazy person in general (IDK why). My pronouns are she/they for anyone interested. The bold orange words are links. Click them plz
Click here to find out how to get into any scratch account, without the password
Liquid Metal LLC - Information, Investigation, Infiltration /|\ Click to join the Advanced Stealth Combat RP /|\

My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, AMD Radeon RX 6800XT ROG Strix Liquid cooled OC edition, ROG Strix x570-E Gaming, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB), Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe Gen 4 NVMe (500GB), Crucial P2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe (1TB), Corsair HX1000, Gigabyte G34WQC, RIG 800HD.
I mostly play Fortnite, Minecraft, Call of Duty and Rainbow 6 Siege

Oh, you won’t see this without a ctrl+shift+down.
People need better thumbnails.
Also there's a lot of anti-kumquat equipment but the kumquats are too scared to come within 100 kilometres of me.
Albraa60
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Last edited by Albraa60 (Feb. 21, 2021 20:38:48)

Albraa60 is not here for you; he left the forums.

Milkysplash
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Username: Milkysplash
Shop name: Milky's Image Hosting Service
Shop banner (link only):
[img]https://u.cubeupload.com/MilkySkies/C01B898A223D402CACF4.png[/img]
Shop Description: Get your image hosted today!
Staff members: 1
Shop link: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/478532/
Other info: I know I don't have a federations section yet, that's because I was lazy. I'll do that as soon as I can.

“are you sure you're not jewish?” - howard, tbbt

If you made it down here, if something's hard, rember, it's not rocket science.
- - -
out of contextness

i actually feel sorry for a traffic bollard, bbc news you are too good at your job

“Ground?”
“Plane?”

yeo - I MEAN YEP NOT YEO I DID NOT SAY YEO YOGURT
- - -
*jams to the Every Tube Station Song*
MClovers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Albraa60 wrote:

Register your shop
- - - - -
Username:Albraa60
Shop name:The Night Wolf
Shop link:https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/486207/?page=1#post-4904176
Shop banner (link only):https://u.cubeupload.com/Albraa60/NightWolf.png
Good To Hear you Happy…

Staff members:2
Other info:None
I believe you were already accepted

Milkysplash wrote:

Username: Milkysplash
Shop name: Milky's Image Hosting Service
Shop banner (link only):
[img]https://u.cubeupload.com/MilkySkies/C01B898A223D402CACF4.png[/img]
Shop Description: Get your image hosted today!
Staff members: 1
Shop link: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/478532/
Other info: I know I don't have a federations section yet, that's because I was lazy. I'll do that as soon as I can.
Accepted!

MClovers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

MClovers wrote:

Yeah, this is something that we should definitely look into. I was going to bring it up earlier, but let's start talking about it now!

Based on the OP, we help shops with “endorsement, order completion, marketing/promotion, and representation.” I'm not exactly sure how the endorsement part works; perhaps we can allow shops to use some sort of seal indicating that its quality and efficiency is approved by the USS? As for order completion, you may already know that it's a concept that we've tried to implement as far back as during my tenure as owner of the USS. I'm not sure how efficient it works; if I recall correctly, we only got a few (if any) of these “inter-shop orders.” Perhaps moving forward we can just mention that if a shop can't accept an order for whatever reason, they can refer a user to another shop in the USS.

The last two I also have things to say. For marketing/promotion, I'll admit that shops don'.t really earn much promotion from being a member of our federation. I may have brought this up in the past (during the transitional period), but what if we used our member list (or list of shops with our seal of approval) as some sort of directory of shops with proven good quality and efficiency? In this scenario, creating a separate list for shops with the seal of USS approval can help prevent this directory from being indifferent to what you can find just by clicking on the Request forums. I actually kind of want to go through with this idea.

As for representation, maybe we can reword the OP to say that “by becoming a member of our federation, we can guarantee that your opinions and feedback are heard.”

There's an additional benefit that may already be a given but I actually mentioned in my response to -CloudGate-; we offer help to shops that are seeking support or feedback for their services. This can be help with designing a banner, improving their efficiency, or even considering mergers with other shops.

1) The inter-shop order system was quite a popular system in federations. I do agree with your way of wording it.

2) I agree with this. It would be a good way to further unite USS shops instead of them just being on a list. My only concern is that shops not on the list would feel either bad about themselves or jealous. I don't want to complicate things too much but we could have a shop tier system depending on what order you would like? Maybe there could be an S, A and B for each category of orders? I'm open to changes on this idea as I feel like it needs tweaking but here's a rough draft as to what the page could look like:

USS Tiering
We at the USS want to help shops that really shine in specific areas grow! Don't be limited to just the S tiers, try to order at a variety of shops to draw your own conclusion too! This is just our federations rating.

Banners and Logos
Shop A
S Tier (image)

Shop B
S Tier (img)

Shop C
B Tier (img)

Music
Shop C
S Tier

Shop B
S Tier

Shop A
B Tier

etc

Or on the shop's page itself, it could have something like this:

USS Members

Shop A
Banners: S Tier
Music: B Tier

etc

All shops have something that they are amazing at, and that is what my idea is trying to achieve. Once again, I'm open to suggestions.
I'll try and send a design but I am a bit rusty with Canva.

3) Agreed, we don't want to have an overly complicated representation system like with my old federation the Diamond Union.

4) This was actually a service I offered at my old federation but it wasn't really used. For all of these benefits, we need to figure out how to encourage shops to use them. Possibly a weekly/fortnightly/monthly ‘newsletter’ sent out to all the shops telling them about federation stuff and also offering as an automatic bump? This newsletter could also remind them of the services that the USS offers.

Designs:

These would be downsized but this is just to draft.

RedGuy7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think a regular newsletter would seem like spam and advertising. Something like “here is a bump from the uss” would be fine go

see me here where I make nono word and other junk

Please set a status at Ocular by clicking the below image, to make @Jeffalo happy! #OcularStatusesTo1k

left scratch

found me!
RSriram2010
Scratcher
500+ posts

Great, good that we're accepted! I just have one question - what benefits do we get?

I'm not really active on forums anymore…
kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Register your shop
- - - - -
Username: kccuber
Shop name: Bumpy Banners
Shop banner (link only):https://u.cubeupload.com/MilkySkies/bumpybannersbanner.png
Shop Description: We make bump banners and other art for your shops!
Staff members: Currently KokichiUchiha and me ( I guess 3 because I added Milkysplash)
Shop link: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/487163/
Other info: The shop just started yesterday

Last edited by kccuber (Feb. 22, 2021 21:56:31)

Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
YeahImaHunter
Scratcher
100+ posts

Username: YeahImaHunter
Shop name: Hunter's Voice Acting Shop
Shop banner (link only): http://u.cubeupload.com/lightningspark6545/HUNTERS.png
Shop Description: Want some Voice Acting? No problem! Hunter and his staff will be here to help.
Staff members: Only me right now.
Shop link: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/4320311/
Other info: Nah.

Last edited by YeahImaHunter (Feb. 22, 2021 15:57:25)

Gimme sum of dose internets

Highlight my siggy and press Ctrl+Shift+Down to see the rest!

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

Road to 1,000 posts!
████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
375 Posts - 37.5% there!
Last updated 22/2/2021@15:39 GMT
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Another long post!

MClovers wrote:

2) I agree with this. It would be a good way to further unite USS shops instead of them just being on a list. My only concern is that shops not on the list would feel either bad about themselves or jealous. I don't want to complicate things too much but we could have a shop tier system depending on what order you would like? Maybe there could be an S, A and B for each category of orders? I'm open to changes on this idea as I feel like it needs tweaking but here's a rough draft as to what the page could look like:

(snip)

All shops have something that they are amazing at, and that is what my idea is trying to achieve. Once again, I'm open to suggestions.
I'll try and send a design but I am a bit rusty with Canva.
You raised a good point about the seal of approval concept and how it could make shops who do not receive it feel bad.

I want to make sure I understand your tier concept, though; we assign each shop a grade/tier (S, A, B), for the shop overall, and then for each specialty/product they offer?

MClovers wrote:

3) Agreed, we don't want to have an overly complicated representation system like with my old federation the Diamond Union.
Yes indeed. I'm glad we were all on board with this as we transitioned into this new leadership. Everyone has a say in our federation!

MClovers wrote:

4) This was actually a service I offered at my old federation but it wasn't really used. For all of these benefits, we need to figure out how to encourage shops to use them. Possibly a weekly/fortnightly/monthly ‘newsletter’ sent out to all the shops telling them about federation stuff and also offering as an automatic bump? This newsletter could also remind them of the services that the USS offers.

RedGuy7 wrote:

I think a regular newsletter would seem like spam and advertising. Something like “here is a bump from the uss” would be fine go
(Yes, I meant to include two quotes.)
The “newsletter” is an interesting concept that I can support, but I do agree with RedGuy7's concern. Perhaps we can change it so that the newsletter is only posted on this thread instead? It'll keep your original suggestion's ideas, though; it can serve not only as a bump for our thread, but also a recap of what has been going on in the USS, have a brief list of recent additions to the federation, some hiring opportunities, and possibly promote a “featured shop.” This could be done on some sort of interval, although daily would obviously be too frequent.

MClovers wrote:

Designs:
(snip)
These would be downsized but this is just to draft.
I just want to say that I like these designs! Although we may not adopt the seal of approval concept, I already made some mockups that I might share sometime soon for fun.

RSriram2010 wrote:

Great, good that we're accepted! I just have one question - what benefits do we get?
That's actually something that we're discussing right now! However, to answer your question, here's what we currently offer:
  • If you need help completing an order, you can send it here and have an employee from another shop help complete it for you.
  • Your shop is included in our list of members, which serves as a list of good quality shops. We might make another type of list that displays specialties, too (per MClover's suggestion, which you can read more about above.)
  • If your shop needs help with anything, such as figuring out how to create order forms, improving efficiency, picking the right banner, or even considering things such as mergers or closures, we can help your shop figure things out!

—–

Before I end this post, I want to bring up a few more suggestions for this federation:
  • Building upon the tier/seal suggestions we're discussing, and based off the second bullet point in my response to RSririam2010's question, maybe we can promote our membership list more and make it also serve as some sort of shop directory. This can help broaden our “audience” from shop owners and shop employees to include people searching for a good shop to order from!
  • I'm thinking about somehow implementing the #SimplifyShops campaign/message, perhaps by encouraging our shops to follow its suggestions: that is, to overall reduce the complexity of shop request forms. Obviously we can't coerce them to do so, though. If our encouragement of adopting #SimplifyShops doesn't work, the least we can do is perhaps indicate that our federation supports the idea by mentioning it somewhere like the OP.

—–

Responses to pending shop applications will come soon in a separate post.

Last edited by Austinato (Feb. 22, 2021 21:05:05)

7500+ posts (19th)
GrilledCheeseBurrito
Scratcher
1000+ posts

registering my shop:
- - - - -
Username: GrilledCheeseBurrito
Shop name: The Winter Shop
Shop banner (link only):
https://u.cubeupload.com/Albraa60/TheWinterGift.png
Shop Description: Orders done faster than the fastest time it takes you to ski down a mountain
Staff members: 31
Shop link: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/478248/
Other info: none

This is my signature. it comes after anything I post! you can make your own here!

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » The United Shops of Scratch | Join today, get perks and benefits for your shop! | Accepting shops big and small! (T&C apply) [RSS Feed]