Discuss Scratch

mikep345678
New to Scratch
17 posts

Snap! user discussion

For those not over on the official Snap! forums yet– I've proof-of-concept'ed some mqtt blocks and invite folks to test them and provide feedback!

https://forum.snap.berkeley.edu/t/mqtt-blocks/202

Mike

Last edited by mikep345678 (Jan. 5, 2019 04:37:12)

computerboy12345
Scratcher
100+ posts

Snap! user discussion

Amazing—-this thread was created 6 years ago and its STILL GOING. Incredible!

CHRISTIAN—CODER—KUMQUAT KILLER

i run a kumquat exterminating business just so u know
game_pr0grammer
Scratcher
500+ posts

Snap! user discussion

Is there any way to get a touching clone? For example, if a clone were to touch another clone, how would I get the clone without getting the sprite of which the clone was cloned from?

SPEAK UP TO KUMQUAT EQUALITY Kumquats are not bad! Kumquat lives matter!

hi i am myself, i make projects that take like a week or month to make whenever i feel like it (which isn't often) and then they only get 10 views because i'm a nobody. and i cannot change that. i am just one singular person in the sea of many that are on scratch. my stuff don't matter. i don't matter. i am going to die in 70 years anyway, and 99.99% of people on the world will not even know, or really care if they know. also i am good at programming i made an opengl so ha take that nuuubs. (i am legally required to say that statement does not accurately reflect my views i wrote that because i thought it was funny)

all my good projects. are here here are examples of my good Projects

shoot that's it basically lol they're all platformers. play them and talk about it so i get clout plz. thank.
bharvey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Snap! user discussion

game_pr0grammer wrote:

Is there any way to get a touching clone?

Here's a project using it:
https://snap.berkeley.edu/snapsource/dev/snap.html#present:Username=bh&ProjectName=which-clone

Wettining
Scratcher
500+ posts

Snap! user discussion

Would there be any way to make Snap! have a 16:9 screen ratio?
ztianyang
Scratcher
100+ posts

Snap! user discussion

Wettining wrote:

Would there be any way to make Snap! have a 16:9 screen ratio?
You can.
  1. Go to Snap! editor
  2. Click on the gear button at the top
  3. Click stage size
  4. Change stage size
  5. Click OK

console.log("Hello world!");
print("Hello world!")
System.out.println("Hello world!");

Man-X
Scratcher
7 posts

Snap! user discussion

I have a student who just created an account in Snap!. He is unable to enter text in blocks while editing. Doe anyone know what causes this or how to fix it?
SimpleScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Snap! user discussion

Genuine question - is his keyboard working?

Can he run Scratch - can he type into Scratch blocks?

Last edited by SimpleScratch (Jan. 28, 2019 17:17:50)

Man-X
Scratcher
7 posts

Snap! user discussion

Yes, he is able to type in the url window without any problem. I did not try to run scratch.
bharvey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Snap! user discussion

Man-X wrote:

He is unable to enter text in blocks while editing.
What operating system and browser? We know about a problem like that on Android (for which the only workaround is a hardware Bluetooth keyboard). It's their bug, not ours.

Man-X
Scratcher
7 posts

Snap! user discussion

I will have to check on the operating system and browser. It is a snow day, here, so that will have to wait. I have been using Snap! with all my students the entire year on the same chromebooks and I have not had this problem. I was hoping that there was some setting that may have been set by accident. The problem arose at the end of class, yesterday, and I was unable to spend more than two minutes trying to figure it out, but I was baffled in that time.
bharvey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Snap! user discussion

Man-X wrote:

on the same chromebooks
That helps. Not Android, then. We haven't had any reports of trouble with Chromebooks, so I'm tempted to say it's something about that particular one. But if it happens again, take notes. :-)

Man-X
Scratcher
7 posts

Snap! user discussion

Update:
I have a few minutes on the troublesome HP chromebook (not a Lenovo). I discovered that numbers can be entered in the block fields. Furthermore, letters could be entered as long as at least one number was typed as the first character.
bharvey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Snap! user discussion

Man-X wrote:

Update:
I have a few minutes on the troublesome HP chromebook (not a Lenovo). I discovered that numbers can be entered in the block fields. Furthermore, letters could be entered as long as at least one number was typed as the first character.
That's strange. Does it happen only in one project, and if so, could you share it? Failing that, capture a screenshot of a state in which you can't type. Thanks.

Owengren
Scratcher
100+ posts

Snap! user discussion

bharvey wrote:

Owengren wrote:

Please add LUA support!
Do you mean this one:

Wikipedia wrote:

Least user access or least-privilege user account, in computer security (also LUA bug)
or the programming language?
Programming language

Go check out Cosmic Chasers - my new 2.5D game!

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/414358692/

Cosmic Chasers might move to a new account. Here's why:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/415189579/
Owengren
Scratcher
100+ posts

Snap! user discussion

English:

Does anyone want some blocks from GP? Here's how to get them!

1. Open Notepad
  2. Copy and paste this code:
    <blocks app="Snap! 5.0, http://snap.berkeley.edu“ version=”1“><block-definition s=”for %&apos;i&apos; in %&apos;val&apos; %&apos;code&apos;“ type=”command“ category=”control“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:para _ en _ _&#xD;fr:pour _ sur _ _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%upvar“>1</input><input type=”%n“>10</input><input type=”%cs“></input></inputs><script><block s=”doSetVar“><l>i</l><l>1</l></block><block s=”doRepeat“><block var=”val“/><script><block s=”doRun“><block var=”code“/><list></list></block><block s=”doChangeVar“><l>i</l><l>1</l></block></script></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”range %&apos;start&apos; to %&apos;end&apos;“ type=”reporter“ category=”operators“><variables><list struct=”atomic“ id=”19“>output</list></variables><header></header><code></code><translations>es:rango de _ a _&#xD;fr:plage de _ á _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%n“>1</input><input type=”%n“>10</input></inputs><script><block s=”doSetVar“><l>output</l><block s=”reportNewList“><list></list></block></block><custom-block s=”for %upvar in %n %cs“><l>i</l><block s=”reportSum“><block s=”reportDifference“><block var=”end“/><block var=”start“/></block><l>1</l></block><script><block s=”doAddToList“><block s=”reportDifference“><block s=”reportSum“><block var=”i“/><block var=”start“/></block><l>1</l></block><block var=”output“/></block></script></custom-block><block s=”doReport“><block var=”output“/></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”while %&apos;bool&apos; %&apos;cmd&apos;“ type=”command“ category=”control“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:mientras _ _&#xD;fr:tandis que _ _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%b“>true</input><input type=”%ca“></input></inputs><script><block s=”doUntil“><block s=”reportNot“><block var=”bool“/></block><script><block s=”doRun“><block var=”cmd“/><list></list></block></script></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”move %&apos;steps&apos; steps in direction %&apos;direction&apos;“ type=”command“ category=”motion“><variables><list struct=”atomic“ id=”62“>oldDir</list></variables><header></header><code></code><translations>es:mover _ pasos en dirección _&#xD;fr:faire _ pas dans la direction _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%n“>10</input><input type=”%n“>90<options>§_directionDialMenu</options></input></inputs><script><block s=”doSetVar“><l>oldDir</l><block s=”direction“></block></block><block s=”setHeading“><block var=”direction“/></block><block s=”forward“><block var=”steps“/></block><block s=”setHeading“><block var=”oldDir“/></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”move by x: %&apos;x&apos; y: %&apos;y&apos;“ type=”command“ category=”motion“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:mover por x: _ y: _&#xD;fr:déplacer par x: _ y: _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%n“>10</input><input type=”%n“>10</input></inputs><script><block s=”changeXPosition“><block var=”x“/></block><block s=”changeYPosition“><block var=”y“/></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”grab“ type=”command“ category=”motion“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:agarrar&#xD;fr:saisir&#xD;</translations><inputs></inputs><script><block s=”doUntil“><block s=”reportMouseDown“></block><script><block s=”doGotoObject“><l><option>mouse-pointer</option></l></block></script></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”say nothing“ type=”command“ category=”looks“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:no decir nada&#xD;fr:ne dis rien&#xD;</translations><inputs></inputs><script><block s=”bubble“><l></l></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”direction of mouse“ type=”reporter“ category=”sensing“><variables><list struct=”atomic“ id=”94“>oldDir,output</list></variables><header></header><code></code><translations>es:dirección del ratón&#xD;fr:direction de la souris&#xD;</translations><inputs></inputs><script><block s=”doSetVar“><l>oldDir</l><block s=”direction“></block></block><block s=”doFaceTowards“><l><option>mouse-pointer</option></l></block><block s=”doSetVar“><l>output</l><block s=”direction“></block></block><block s=”setHeading“><block var=”oldDir“/></block><block s=”doReport“><block var=”output“/></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”%&apos;1&apos; &lt;= %&apos;2&apos;“ type=”predicate“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations></translations><inputs><input type=”%s“></input><input type=”%s“></input></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><block s=”reportOr“><block s=”reportLessThan“><block var=”1“/><block var=”2“/></block><block s=”reportEquals“><block var=”1“/><block var=”2“/></block></block></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”%&apos;1&apos; &gt;= %&apos;2&apos;“ type=”predicate“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations></translations><inputs><input type=”%s“></input><input type=”%s“></input></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><block s=”reportOr“><block s=”reportGreaterThan“><block var=”1“/><block var=”2“/></block><block s=”reportEquals“><block var=”1“/><block var=”2“/></block></block></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”pi“ type=”reporter“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations></translations><inputs></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><l>3.14159</l></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”ask %&apos;text&apos;“ type=”reporter“ category=”sensing“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:pedir _&#xD;fr:demander _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%s“>what&apos;s your name?</input></inputs><script><block s=”doAsk“><block var=”text“/></block><block s=”doReport“><block s=”getLastAnswer“></block></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”GP string %&apos;string&apos;“ type=”reporter“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:cadena de GP _&#xD;fr:chaîne GP _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%mlt“>hello world</input></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><block var=”string“/></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”space“ type=”reporter“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:espacio&#xD;fr:espace&#xD;</translations><inputs></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><l> </l></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”new line“ type=”reporter“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:nueva línea&#xD;fr:nouvelle ligne&#xD;</translations><inputs></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><custom-block s=”GP string %mlt“><l>&#xD;</l></custom-block></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”at random %&apos;text&apos;“ type=”reporter“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:al azar _&#xD;fr:au hasard _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%s“>abcde</input></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><block s=”reportLetter“><block s=”reportRandom“><l>1</l><block s=”reportStringSize“><block var=”text“/></block></block><block var=”text"/></block></block></script></block-definition></blocks>
  3. Click File > Save As
  4. Change the file format to All Files
  5. Type in a name with .xml at the end
  6. On Snap!, click File > Import…
  7. Select your .xml file
  8. Have fun with GP blocks! (Supports Spanish and French)

Español:

¿Alguien quiere algunos bloques de GP ? Aquí es cómo conseguirlos!

1. Bloc de notas abierto
  2. Copia y pega este codigo:
    <blocks app="Snap! 5.0, http://snap.berkeley.edu“ version=”1“><block-definition s=”for %&apos;i&apos; in %&apos;val&apos; %&apos;code&apos;“ type=”command“ category=”control“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:para _ en _ _&#xD;fr:pour _ sur _ _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%upvar“>1</input><input type=”%n“>10</input><input type=”%cs“></input></inputs><script><block s=”doSetVar“><l>i</l><l>1</l></block><block s=”doRepeat“><block var=”val“/><script><block s=”doRun“><block var=”code“/><list></list></block><block s=”doChangeVar“><l>i</l><l>1</l></block></script></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”range %&apos;start&apos; to %&apos;end&apos;“ type=”reporter“ category=”operators“><variables><list struct=”atomic“ id=”19“>output</list></variables><header></header><code></code><translations>es:rango de _ a _&#xD;fr:plage de _ á _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%n“>1</input><input type=”%n“>10</input></inputs><script><block s=”doSetVar“><l>output</l><block s=”reportNewList“><list></list></block></block><custom-block s=”for %upvar in %n %cs“><l>i</l><block s=”reportSum“><block s=”reportDifference“><block var=”end“/><block var=”start“/></block><l>1</l></block><script><block s=”doAddToList“><block s=”reportDifference“><block s=”reportSum“><block var=”i“/><block var=”start“/></block><l>1</l></block><block var=”output“/></block></script></custom-block><block s=”doReport“><block var=”output“/></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”while %&apos;bool&apos; %&apos;cmd&apos;“ type=”command“ category=”control“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:mientras _ _&#xD;fr:tandis que _ _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%b“>true</input><input type=”%ca“></input></inputs><script><block s=”doUntil“><block s=”reportNot“><block var=”bool“/></block><script><block s=”doRun“><block var=”cmd“/><list></list></block></script></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”move %&apos;steps&apos; steps in direction %&apos;direction&apos;“ type=”command“ category=”motion“><variables><list struct=”atomic“ id=”62“>oldDir</list></variables><header></header><code></code><translations>es:mover _ pasos en dirección _&#xD;fr:faire _ pas dans la direction _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%n“>10</input><input type=”%n“>90<options>§_directionDialMenu</options></input></inputs><script><block s=”doSetVar“><l>oldDir</l><block s=”direction“></block></block><block s=”setHeading“><block var=”direction“/></block><block s=”forward“><block var=”steps“/></block><block s=”setHeading“><block var=”oldDir“/></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”move by x: %&apos;x&apos; y: %&apos;y&apos;“ type=”command“ category=”motion“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:mover por x: _ y: _&#xD;fr:déplacer par x: _ y: _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%n“>10</input><input type=”%n“>10</input></inputs><script><block s=”changeXPosition“><block var=”x“/></block><block s=”changeYPosition“><block var=”y“/></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”grab“ type=”command“ category=”motion“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:agarrar&#xD;fr:saisir&#xD;</translations><inputs></inputs><script><block s=”doUntil“><block s=”reportMouseDown“></block><script><block s=”doGotoObject“><l><option>mouse-pointer</option></l></block></script></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”say nothing“ type=”command“ category=”looks“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:no decir nada&#xD;fr:ne dis rien&#xD;</translations><inputs></inputs><script><block s=”bubble“><l></l></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”direction of mouse“ type=”reporter“ category=”sensing“><variables><list struct=”atomic“ id=”94“>oldDir,output</list></variables><header></header><code></code><translations>es:dirección del ratón&#xD;fr:direction de la souris&#xD;</translations><inputs></inputs><script><block s=”doSetVar“><l>oldDir</l><block s=”direction“></block></block><block s=”doFaceTowards“><l><option>mouse-pointer</option></l></block><block s=”doSetVar“><l>output</l><block s=”direction“></block></block><block s=”setHeading“><block var=”oldDir“/></block><block s=”doReport“><block var=”output“/></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”%&apos;1&apos; &lt;= %&apos;2&apos;“ type=”predicate“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations></translations><inputs><input type=”%s“></input><input type=”%s“></input></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><block s=”reportOr“><block s=”reportLessThan“><block var=”1“/><block var=”2“/></block><block s=”reportEquals“><block var=”1“/><block var=”2“/></block></block></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”%&apos;1&apos; &gt;= %&apos;2&apos;“ type=”predicate“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations></translations><inputs><input type=”%s“></input><input type=”%s“></input></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><block s=”reportOr“><block s=”reportGreaterThan“><block var=”1“/><block var=”2“/></block><block s=”reportEquals“><block var=”1“/><block var=”2“/></block></block></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”pi“ type=”reporter“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations></translations><inputs></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><l>3.14159</l></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”ask %&apos;text&apos;“ type=”reporter“ category=”sensing“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:pedir _&#xD;fr:demander _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%s“>what&apos;s your name?</input></inputs><script><block s=”doAsk“><block var=”text“/></block><block s=”doReport“><block s=”getLastAnswer“></block></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”GP string %&apos;string&apos;“ type=”reporter“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:cadena de GP _&#xD;fr:chaîne GP _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%mlt“>hello world</input></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><block var=”string“/></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”space“ type=”reporter“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:espacio&#xD;fr:espace&#xD;</translations><inputs></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><l> </l></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”new line“ type=”reporter“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:nueva línea&#xD;fr:nouvelle ligne&#xD;</translations><inputs></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><custom-block s=”GP string %mlt“><l>&#xD;</l></custom-block></block></script></block-definition><block-definition s=”at random %&apos;text&apos;“ type=”reporter“ category=”operators“><header></header><code></code><translations>es:al azar _&#xD;fr:au hasard _&#xD;</translations><inputs><input type=”%s“>abcde</input></inputs><script><block s=”doReport“><block s=”reportLetter“><block s=”reportRandom“><l>1</l><block s=”reportStringSize“><block var=”text“/></block></block><block var=”text"/></block></block></script></block-definition></blocks>
  3. Haz clic en Archivo> Guardar como
  4. Cambia el formato del archivo a Todos los archivos.
  5. Escribe un nombre con .xml al final
  6. En Snap!, haga clic en Archivo> Importar …
  7. Selecciona tu archivo .xml
  8. ¡Diviértete con los bloques de GP! (Apoya Español y Francés)

Français

Est-ce que quelqu'un veut des blocs de GP ? Voici comment les obtenir!

1. Bloc-notes ouvert
  2. Copiez et collez ce code:
  3. Cliquez sur Fichier> Enregistrer sous
  4. Changer le format de fichier en Tous les fichiers
  5. Tapez un nom avec .xml à la fin
  6. Sur Snap!, cliquez sur Fichier> Importer …
  7. Sélectionnez votre fichier .xml
  8. Amusez-vous avec les blocs GP! (Prend en charge L'espagnol et le Français)

Go check out Cosmic Chasers - my new 2.5D game!

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/414358692/

Cosmic Chasers might move to a new account. Here's why:

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/415189579/
bharvey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Snap! user discussion

Owengren wrote:

Programming language
Was there some particular feature you like?

s_federici
Scratcher
500+ posts

Snap! user discussion

Owengren wrote:

Does anyone want some blocks from GP? Here's how to get them!

Which are the blocks that are imported by this procedure?
bharvey
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Snap! user discussion

s_federici wrote:

Which are the blocks that are imported by this procedure?
A useful trick: Load the file into a fresh Snap! instance, then do File>Export blocks. Up will pop a list of the custom blocks in the file.

SimpleScratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Snap! user discussion

bharvey wrote:

Load the file into a fresh Snap! instance, then do File>Export blocks. Up will pop a list of the custom blocks in the file.

That doesn't work for me

after importing an xml file with that text in it - No File>Export blocks menu is created

(But if I do do a File>import tools then I do get an File>Export blocks menu item)